I'm sorry you feel that way but please be honest with your reviews I did negotiate on the price I came down $500 and that's the best that I can doDouty Chalfa Automotive
James I'm sorry you feel this way. I'm not sure what parts we replaced without contacting you. The car was towed for no start you told us it was a fuel pump or fuel filter. We tested it and found a bad coil wire. We contacted you and told you it was really hard to find and may take some time to get because of the holiday. You told us to do the work, a few days later we called to tell you the work was done and you asked us over the phone to change the oil so we did. If you have any problems with this let me know and I will take care of it. I will also try to contact you you resolve your problem with our service.Douty Chalfa Automotive
I had a car repair at Douty Chalfa (DC) for which I brought my own parts. I had two problems with them; first, due to a missing part that I needed to order online, my car stayed in their garage overnight. They charged me $200 penalty, the fair thing to do was to charge only $100. Second, the repair cost me $750, but because of a mistake in DC diagnostics I have an old rusty part used for the fix, $20 worth to replace with a new one, that I would have preferred to replace. The details are explained below.
The repair took 2 days and included; rear struts, rear brake pads and rotors, hatch struts (added job), and emergency brakes (added job).
When they disassembled the strut they found the strut mount so rusty that the strut punched through it. DC informed me of the situation and went looking for the part from suppliers.
At that point they had my car on the shop lift with the struts disassembled, thus informed me that they can’t take the car off the lift, and we could not secure the part locally by day 1. The decision DC took, with me having no other choice but to accept, was that I should pay $100/half a day until I secure the part.
DC told me if I secure the part by morning of second day, my penalty will only be $100. I claim that they should have not charged above this $100, but they did charge me $200.
What I did
1. The end of day one I called DC and informed them that I ordered the part online, it is expected to arrive by 10:30 am of day 2, and that I am working my best to have it before then.
2. I called DC 8:04 of 2nd day, asked them to give me an estimate for repairing the emergency brake (added job). They called back with an estimate by 9:20, I could not reach the phone, I called back in 5 min the manager was out of shop, I called back by 9:38, he gave me an estimate, and I told him to do the job. So basically they were working on the car since the morning of the second day, so they should have not asked for another $100.
3. I delivered the part that put a hold on the job, strut mount, to DC shop by 10:30 am the second day.
1. DC showed me a very rusty part, Suspension Cup fixed on the strut, and said that the parts I got them does not have it, thus they need to include the rusty cup in the new strut and they did include it. They did a mistake in diagnosis here, they should have told me about this part on day one for me to bring it in with the strut mount part that put a hold on the job.
2. They charged me $200 penalty for my car being on their shop lift. In my opinion they are entitled for day 1 but not day 2 because from 8:04 am I gave them a new job and as soon as they finished it I had the strut mount part in their shop.
1. I had a car repair which cost $750 with an old rusty part that I would prefer I renewed because of a mistake in their diagnostics
2. DC charged me a $200 penalty, the fair thing to do was to charge $100.
At the end I would like to say that their service is professional, but I believe we had a specific case in which they were not fair to me.
Im sorry you feel that way. Before any work was done you were told if the car had to stay on the lift for any reason you would be charged 60$ an hour. Most customers would be thankful I cut them a big break on the price and only charged 200$ total. And you are misleading in your review, your bill was 468.48$ not 750$Douty Chalfa Automotive
Hi tara this is Dave Douty the owner from Douty chalfa auto. Thank you for your review and I am sorry they did not vacuum your car out it most definitely should have been done. I have already talked to the staff about this issue. Because of your inconvenience I would like to offer you a free oil change coupon and when you come in to pick it up at your convenience we will immediately vacuum your car out. Thank you again for your business and if you need anything just let me know.