Emerald Automotive and Tire

Overall Rating 4.35/5Overall Rating 4.35/5Overall Rating 4.35/5Overall Rating 4.35/5rating 4.35

Overall Rating 2.6666667/5Overall Rating 2.6666667/5rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667rating 2.6666667
Overall Rating 1.6666667/5rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667rating 1.6666667
Latest Review about 1 month ago

M P. on 09/16/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"BEWARE OF MIKE @ VINE ST Location"
Nice guys but BEWARE -->> MIKE <<-- at the Vine Street location dropped the ball, and tried to rip me off. He failed miserably. After being amazingly nice on the phone, and outstanding on the reminders and estimates of yes were open Saturday, 9 am works, yes, we can give you a ride home while it's being worked on.....

This is how my morning went:
9 AM - Mike said hi in the parking lot, then appeared in the office. Waited 10 min inside for a couple phone calls, another customer, then he acknowledged me standing there.. I told him thank you for saying hi. outside, that was nice. I didn't realize he worked there. Dropped the car off. He learned that I wanted to have both the front AND the back break pads done, got that squared away. Got my $50 off coupon applied for the inspection. Reminded him to plug the nail in the tire. My chauffeur was a very nice gentleman. I arrive home.

45 mins later - Mike calls with the over all estimate after inspection. this 25 for the front, which was supposed to be $250, for front with possible calipers - $79. He tells me they say it needs 2 calipers, 2 rotors and break pads all around. total will be $790. I Tell him I will call him back.

I call my DAD - WAIT WHAT?!?! $250+$79=$329 so pads on the back... and rotors that
weren't originally included in your "necessity" list when i arrived, cost how much...$461? I
want my mechanic to check it out first... the rotors didn't look bad. they just started
squealing on the break wear indicators.. this guy is way too high on this price. Decide to
wait my for mechanic to look at it first.

10 mins later - Mike calls back and says ok i got better priced on the parts, the best I can do it $650 out the door. tell him thank you for his estimate I don't have that much money right now, I want to be sure I do it right so I just want to pay him for the estimate and I will be be back. and tells me they are just trying to earn my trust.. and he hems and haws and says he will call me back after he talks to his boss - mind you I'm at my house, They have my car and my key.. AND are my agreed ride back to the shop. I confirm this is still the case.

20 mins later - Mike calls back says he talked to his and tells me they are just trying to earn my trust.. they can do the front only for $450 - I tell Mike again I will gladly pay hum for his estimate, and inspection, but I really just want my car back I will decide what to do a different day.. I tell him Im not really comfortable with his pricing and I just want to have my car back. I confirm that they are still picking me up and question if I should make other arrangements, Mike says yeah no problem. I thanked him, then after about 10 seconds of silence, just hangs up the phone . I go outside to wait for my ride.

this was $250 For the front only or with calipers $329..... now it's $450? - I am not stupid. I
know you're being a sleazy slime ball.

20 mins later - I call to confirm when they will arrive, Mike tells me "they will be leaving in a few mins we will call when we leave"

20 mins later - Mike calls back and says it will be 3 pm before anyone can come to pick me up. I replied with "WOW, really? You just said a few mins that was 40 mins ago. um.. I guess I walk? I'll be there as soon as I can" - he says OK and hangs up the phone.

I walked, very angry at Mike for being so rude. Mike, bailed on your promises because I didn't want to pay the ridiculous price you came up with after learning that I grew up in a small town, no where near here, and that I had just recently put a large chunk of money into the car. You thought you had a opportunity to take advantage of someone and you did it. Unfortunately for you, I am calling you out on it just like I promised I would.

Mike's boss is completely aware of the fact that this is all on Mike. Mike and I had that conversation in front of him. I cannot speak of anyone else there, they were all kind to me. Even Mike, until I wouldn't let him rip me off. It was Mike's decisions that got this review posted. He is the only person who can tell you why he made the decisions he made.
Service Date: 09/16/2017
Review Created: 09/16/2017 11:52 AM
Warren S. on 02/24/2017
"STAY AWAY 2"
As I am reading review after review, I keep seeing that appointments take precedent over walk-ins...anyone wanna explain why I waited nearly 2 hours for an oil change after having a set appointment?!?
Service Date: 02/24/2017
Review Created: 02/24/2017 09:18 AM
Warren S. on 02/24/2017
"STAY AWAY!"
If you are looking for a good place to wait somewhere between 90 minutes and (4) hours for an oil change...THIS IS THE PLACE!...and forget about what the sign out front says...YOU WILL BE PAYING MORE...MUCH MORE. I try to spend local and support Eastlake businesses, but this business is not worth your time or money...AVOID WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!
Service Date: 02/24/2017
Review Created: 02/24/2017 09:11 AM
Kevin V. on 08/27/2015
"Sure Critic Critic "
I find it ironic that Emerald Automotive stopped using the service in March of 2015, and suddenly, only negative reviews became prevalent.
Service Date: 08/27/2015
Review Created: 08/27/2015 07:53 PM
Kayla C. on 04/05/2015
"Bad customer service/rude"
I always had a good experience when emerald automotive was on Lost Nation. As for the new location and new employees, I would say I didn't. I wasn't informed that they had moved so I went to the old location and ended up being late to my appointment. I got a whole bunch of crap about being late. The next time I went there, all I got was rude comments. I had showed up for my appointment on time and, instead of calling me, they told me it would be about two hours before they got my car in for an oil change. I wasn't too happy about that since I drove from mentor to eastlake AND had an appointment and I just got laughed at. My experience with emerald automotive was terrible and I will never go there again. I highly recommend Vehicles Unlimited. They have $13.95 for an oil change and they get me out of there in a half hour at most and have a friendly staff.
Service Date: 04/05/2015
Review Created: 04/05/2015 07:49 PM
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 04/06/2015

thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit. It says your service date was on April 5, 2015 that is a Sunday and we are not open nor do we show any record of you having service work done. You may have the wrong place and it this is a review to promote our competitor.

Jimmy D. on 03/31/2015
Jimmy said he had a horrible experience at this business. He had to wait over an hour for an oil change. The manager was in a grumpy mood and was making unnecessary comments, which made him seem obnoxious. They are lousy and he will never go back there again. He will not recommend them due to this experience.
Vehicle: Ford Escort
Service Date: 02/23/2015
Review Created: 03/31/2015
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 04/02/2015

Dear Jimmy,

After our phone conversation, I would hope you may reconsider our score on your service.

Best Wishes,

Kevin Van Horn
General Manager

Marvin G. on 03/30/2015
"its all about the money for them!"
At first they were nice and put 2 tire on my van then fixed my fiances water pump, costing over $600.Then on a cold snowy day a day or so later my gfs car windows stuck down so we asked for help and they charged us $78 knowing we were struggling because of other repairs plus I needed a pulley replaced and two more tires another $600...when I called and complained about the window price gouge they were pretty rude and more less suggested could've or should've went somewhere else not really caring about us both being repeat customer or the charge just to put up the windows! So we went to Conrads who agreed they should have gave us a break on the window cost and let them do the next $300 repair and in a couple days I will also get my two tires there because of lack of consideration or concerns for repeat customers! !!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Malibu
Service Date: 02/26/2015
Review Created: 03/30/2015 04:34 AM
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 03/30/2015

MArvin, Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent visit. We understand car repair can be very frustraating, this is why we make it a point to ease that frustration. We thank you for you business and are very sorry you feel we over charged you for your repair. We are very competative in all our pricing, although not the cheapest, we offer the highest quality repair and always have lesser expensive options. As for your window repair, we went ahead and only charged you 78.00 with Sales Tax included for a 2 hour repair which we thought was very fair since you just spent alot of money, we also encouraged you to call around and see what others would charge for the same repair. We would never send someone else where, but we do encourage you to call others if you feel the charge is to much. We are very sorry to see that you will be going else where for your other needs as we do not quite understand what we did wrong. Thank you again for your business and hope you can see our side of this issue

Michelle S. on 03/26/2015
Michelle said she got an advertisement that said walk-ins were welcome, but when she got there she had to make an appointment for an oil change.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Blazer
Service Date: 02/19/2015
Review Created: 03/26/2015
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 03/30/2015

Michelle, Thank you for taking time to let us know how your visit was. Although we do accept walk-ins, its on a basis that our appointments will come first, so not to make you wait longer than you should we advise everyone to make an appointment to ensure timely service. We appologize if your visit was less than great and we will correct this issue so it will not happen again.

Denise B. on 03/23/2015
Denise said the first time she picked up her vehicle it was not fixed and she had to bring it back a second time. She would not recommend this business to others because of her experience.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 02/27/2015
Review Created: 03/23/2015
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 03/28/2015

Hello Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to respond, your feedback is appreciated.  When your vehicle was towed in, it did not start.  We discovered that your vehicle had a defective ignition switch, which was replaced, and the vehicle started.  We are very sorry that you also had a defective ignition cylinder, which was not discovered during your initial visit, causing further problems that did not occur while in for first service.  Oftentimes, when working with electrical problems, underlying problems do not persist until days or weeks later.  We did put your vehicle through a rigorous inspection routine, that included up to 50 starts and stops.  We hope that you understand we put priority to your needs and have ensured that your vehicle was repaired by the industries best technicians, using only the best quality replacement parts available.

Best Wishes,
Kevin Van Horn
General Manager

Sharon D. on 03/21/2015
Sharon said they did the work in a timely manner.
Vehicle: Ford Taurus
Service Date: 02/21/2015
Review Created: 03/21/2015
Oderin B. on 03/21/2015
Oderin said he is still not able to drive his vehicle. He brought it somewhere else and he was told it has a lot of mileage, is beat up, and other things similar to that. His vehicle shuts off like it has an electrical issue.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 02/24/2015
Review Created: 03/21/2015
Winston S. on 03/07/2015
Winston said the business got everything done correctly.
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon
Service Date: 03/04/2015
Review Created: 03/07/2015
Barbara B. on 02/27/2015
"Always a pleasure"
Every visit proves to be quick, and the service excellent, and the staff trustworthy.

Barbara
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 02/25/2015
Review Created: 02/27/2015 04:21 AM
Debbie H. on 02/19/2015
Debbie said she felt she was being cheated, lied to and asked to sign a paper that they could call with a verbal estimate. That paper turned out to pay a fee of $50 even if work was not done. They estimated the cost would be double what she had it done for elsewhere. They were costing out labor for each piece to be removed and they indicated she was getting a labor discount. The parts were all centrally located and she feels it should have been one fee. They checked into more things than she asked and did not have the work done there. When her son-in-law went to get the vehicle, it took over half hour and they wanted him to sign a paper stating they would not be sued in court. When he refused to sign, he was filmed by a staff member's cell phone. She believes she should get her $50 fee back. She would not recommend them to others because of the reasons mentioned.
Vehicle: Chrysler Concorde
Service Date: 02/13/2015
Review Created: 02/19/2015
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 02/26/2015

Debbie, thank you for your review. Let's start with the paper you signed, it is a required document for the state of Ohio. It allows us to inspect or work on your vehicle, it also is an estimate for the services you request. Since you asked for us to check your car for a wobble and noise we need authorization to begin the work, as explained to you we charge 50.00 for our inspections which is half price, this was explained to you as well as if you get work performed that fee is waived. This ensures our certified techs are able to be paid for spending time diagnosising your issues. Now our estimate, ours was about 500.00 more than what you presented to us. This is because you had your car looked at by another shop and they only quoted you for part of what your car needed. We take pride knowing when we get done with our inspections and quotes your vehicle will leave our shop with no other issues and is fixed right the first time. We will ONLY use quality parts that may cost more upfront but it ensures a quality repair that will last longer than factory parts. We will not sacrifice quality for price at any time. Although we where repairing the same parts, there is a labor we charge for each side of your car. Each side requires the same labor time. We are happy to hear you did fix your car since it was unsafe to drive. Yes it did take some time to get your son in law cashed out as we needed to put your car back together after you initially Approved the work. So this did take some time. You were asked to sign a waiver stating you understand and have been told you vehicle should not be driven and we recommend you have it towed to your house and you acknowledge this and will not hold us responsible if something happens when you drive. This is a standard waiver again that releases all legal responsibility in case of an accident. Know your son in law, he was only recorded after he threatened one of our employees with bodily harm, we take this VERY VERY seriously and the police should have been called. In which we do have the threat on tape. We are very happy your car is safe, we do however wish you stop slandering our business name as all we did was try to help. We also made arrangements for you to make payments to us as a good faith gesture because you did not have the amount of money needed to repair your vehicle the proper way. We made this offer so you could leave with us knowing you have left safely and fixed properly. It is with great regret things didn't go as well as we like them to, but we are happy we did our job to the fullest and let you know the full condition of your car. Thank you again for allowing us to inspect your car, we wish you and your family the best in future dealings with auto shops and please be careful.

brian
owner
emerald automotive

Quadreka H. on 02/17/2015
Quadreka said this business was nice and friendly. They explained to her what was wrong with her vehicle, and they fixed it.
Vehicle: Dodge Intrepid
Service Date: 02/11/2015
Review Created: 02/17/2015
Daryl M. on 02/10/2015
Daryl said they did a good job and did what they were supposed to do.
Vehicle: Buick Enclave
Service Date: 01/19/2015
Review Created: 02/10/2015
Sandy M. on 02/07/2015
Sandy said they did a great job. They were nice and polite.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix
Service Date: 01/30/2015
Review Created: 02/07/2015
Matt R. on 02/07/2015
Matt said they did an excellent job.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 01/30/2015
Review Created: 02/07/2015
Nicole L. on 02/06/2015
Nicole said this business provides friendly and helpful service. She waited a little longer than usual because one of their machines was down.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 01/22/2015
Review Created: 02/06/2015
Dan R. on 02/04/2015
"Reasonable and straight forward "
I've had a few things done to my truck. First being the drive shaft which was a learning experience for us all. There were a few bumps in the road but they kept me up to date and gave me all my options as they came so I wasn't raked over the coals. Second was getting new tires installed along with scheduled maintenence. Quick service at what I think is reasonable. Works for me!
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 02/03/2015
Review Created: 02/04/2015 09:41 PM
Brian L. at Emerald Automotive and Tire responded on 02/10/2015

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your business and detailed response.  Please be sure to look out for email coupons and gift cards.