Emporium Muffler & Brakes

Latest Review about 1 month ago

Jennifer D. on 09/04/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Scammers"
I got into an accident on my way to my cousins just about three blocks away from the auto shop.Afterwards my car was horrible I could not possibly take it home like that considering i live 45 minutes away from this place and if theres traffic it is even longer. My cousin recommended me to this stating that both her and my aunt trust these guys so much. That being said I trusted them and left my car there. The next morning they called me to tell me the price i would have to pay for all my repairs and I was fine with it I just wanted my car back. One thing i can say i was at fault in was right away giving it to these people despite their outrageous price. It was my first accident and I was still in panic mode and just wanted my car back so I didn't think things through. When i picked up my car they kept claiming i had no oil so they had to do a change which was thirty dollars when i had literally just took my car for one three weeks before that. I told them that and the girl at the front desk even called a mechanic over and had him say it. I asked them if my oil was leaking and they said no so what the hell was their explanation being gone in three weeks?? They asked me for the proof of it and well i didnt have it. From there I let that go. I take my car and as im driving it was moving to the right said and even yanking. I received an email from them claiming i needed a new ball joint and hub bearing and well I infered the ball joint was the reason why it was happening. I told my father and he decided to take it to a local mechanic for both those things. The mechanic then told us my car did not need a new ball joint. It needed an alignment! Something according to my receipt i paid 120 for! They also apparently only changed one of my brake pads when they charged me for both which was 95
I took it to a different mechanic for a second opinion and he said the exact thing. I called mufflers emporium to ask about the ball joint and they were going to charge me 270 for something i did not need! I took my car to another auto shop and he did my alignment for 60 and now my car is perfect. This is ridiculous they literally ripped me off 245 off of something they did not do and they were ready to even take more money from me which is even sadder. And to top it off no warranty! They knew they halfassed my car and were not going to take responsibility for it. I guess seeing a young girl right away gave them the right to think its fine to just scam her.It sad how as a girl you cant go to these places without the possibility of being scammed.
Service Date: 07/05/2017
Review Created: 09/04/2017 04:31 AM
Mren W. on 08/08/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Female Expertise"
Wasn't sure what problem was with my SUV, Lupe Front Desk Manager, was very fluid in explaining to me the problem with my vehicle and dissected the whole process on the issue. Upon completion of my diagnostic testing, she took me to the repair shop and proceeded to show me where the problems were. Not being sexist or bias as I am a female as well, I did not expected the knowledge that she had and knew about issue on my vehicle and expectation. I left with a smile on my face, comfort level and expect to return tomorrow for repair.
Service Date: 08/07/2017
Review Created: 08/08/2017 06:36 AM
Brian P. on 08/02/2017
Brian said they got the job done and they did the work correctly.
Vehicle: Ford Econoline Wagon
Service Date: 08/01/2017
Review Created: 08/02/2017
Vernice N. on 07/28/2017
Vernice said the service was good. The air conditioner was not emitting anything cold so she will be taking her vehicle back.
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 07/06/2017
Review Created: 07/28/2017
Coglianese T. on 07/10/2017
Tony said this business took a little too long to do the job on his vehicle. They were good and there were no problems.
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 07/03/2017
Review Created: 07/10/2017
THORNBOR P. on 07/08/2017
"Power Steering Issue"
Very pleased with the work so far. Good service overall.
Vehicle: Toyota Highlander
Service Date: 07/07/2017
Review Created: 07/08/2017 08:06 PM
Laura S. on 06/27/2017
Laura said the staff at this business are always available and they always get her scheduled in as soon as possible. She gets her vehicle back in a timely fashion and she would recommend them for service.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Review Created: 06/27/2017
Oluwaseyi S. on 06/26/2017
Oluwaseyi said he was very disappointed because they took his money without doing anything to his vehicle. He took his vehicle in because it was leaking coolant and told them. They did a diagnostic and told him it was the thermostat housing and charged him $95 and had to leave his vehicle there until Tuesday or Wednesday. He needs his vehicle for work and refused to do it. He said he was upset that they did not tell him he was going to get charged for the diagnostic and this is not written anywhere.
Vehicle: Volvo V50
Service Date: 06/23/2017
Review Created: 06/26/2017
Carol L. on 06/23/2017
Carol said the people were nice and the lady seemed to know what she was talking about.
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe
Service Date: 06/16/2017
Review Created: 06/23/2017
David C. on 06/22/2017
David said his vehicle was not fixed properly.
Vehicle: Dodge Dakota
Review Created: 06/22/2017
Jose H. on 06/21/2017
Jose said the technicians are good guys. They took care of him really well and the service is really good.
Vehicle: Dodge Ram Wagon
Review Created: 06/21/2017
Jonathan W. on 06/19/2017
Spoke with Caroline. She said they did a great job.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 06/15/2017
Review Created: 06/19/2017
Murphy J. on 06/15/2017
"Don't honor their commitments"
There is a Groupon for this place that takes money off of any muffler/exhaust service and when I mentioned it to them they tried to tell me that the catalytic converter wasn't a part of the Groupon. I proceeded to ask them "well isn't it the exhaust system?" And they then tried to tell me that I was already getting a good deal on the converter. I was also told that last time they took a groupon that the customer didn't wanna pay them. I told them I could pay it all upfront with the Groupon so there's no worries of that. They then told me that they have been having problems getting their money from Groupon. Well that is not my problem, if you don't want to honor something then you shouldn't put it up. Now it's not like I wanted $175 off of a $200 purchase. My estimate for my converter was $750. Also nowhere on the Groupon did it say that it excluded catalytic converters. This was a poor visit that caused them to lose a lot of business. I was going to replace my converter and then let them be my regular shop. I also needed an egr valve, tune up, synthetic oil change, wheel bearings, and that's just right now. First impressions are everything and I give this place a 0 out of 5 stars.
Vehicle: Toyota Prius
Review Created: 06/15/2017 03:37 AM
Willie M. on 06/15/2017
Willie said the service was excellent. They are trustworthy. Shaggy is good at what he does.
Vehicle: Lexus LX 470
Service Date: 06/02/2017
Review Created: 06/15/2017
Chatmen F. on 06/09/2017
Chatmen said he took his vehicle in to have two issues fixed and two weeks later the same issues returned. No one wanted to take responsibility for it but they were nice about it.
Vehicle: Cadillac DTS
Service Date: 06/05/2017
Review Created: 06/09/2017
Chuck T. on 06/09/2017
Chuck said they did a good job.
Vehicle: Buick Park Avenue
Service Date: 06/06/2017
Review Created: 06/09/2017
MOLLER C. on 06/07/2017
"Very professional and honest"
Wow! I would never bring my vehicles anywhere else, the staff at Emporium is very knowledgeable, professional and honest, their customer services is A+ Shaggy was really the best when l needed to get a new trans for my V70, the car was in for just a couple of days and it runs like new! Thanks Emporium!!
Vehicle: Volvo V70
Service Date: 06/06/2017
Review Created: 06/07/2017 06:59 AM
lewis l. on 03/11/2017
"The do really good "
They want to do a good job so u will come back to the they try to be as good will the prices as well as the work ill be back thanks white charger.
Vehicle: Dodge Charger
Service Date: 03/08/2017
Review Created: 03/11/2017 06:33 PM
Josh C. on 02/22/2017
Josh said Miguel was focused on him and all of his questions were answered. They were quick and timely.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix
Service Date: 02/18/2017
Review Created: 02/22/2017
Bill B. on 02/22/2017
Bill said this business does really good work, they have never done anything wrong and they have good prices.
Vehicle: Ford Crown Victoria