Overall Rating 4.6521763/5Overall Rating 4.6521763/5Overall Rating 4.6521763/5Overall Rating 4.6521763/5rating 4.6521763
Overall Rating 2.28261/5Overall Rating 2.28261/5rating 2.28261rating 2.28261rating 2.28261

MY
Michael Y.
Lexington, VA
2015 Hyundai Elantra
10/31/2019 Category: Service
Good service!
After talking with the staff members, who were extremely helpful, my issues have been addressed. I am happy with the service I received and the explanations I was given.

10/31/2019 Category: Service
Average Service
I was disappointed with the amount of time it took to get my car serviced. It took over 30 minutes to get it from the parking area to the service garage and more than 2 hours total time on the service call.
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 11/01/2019

Thank you for your feedback.  I apologize for the amount of time for your recent service visit.  Your advisor will be following up with you to see what we can do to make this right.

Caitlin S.
Lynchburg, VA
10/18/2019 Category: Service
Thanks for making things right
After indicating an issue with my previous service, First Team called to apologize and has taken steps to make things right which I greatly appreciate.

10/18/2019 Category: Service
Usually great service but this time it took too long
Typically I have an excellent experience but services that have typically been completed in under an hour took 2 and a half hours this time.
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 10/20/2019

Thank you for your feedback. Someone will be in touch with you regarding your recent service visit.

Ashley M.
Rocky Mount, VA
10/16/2019 Category: Service
It’s working now.
I brought my car in for a recall and when I left there was mechanic dirt on my tan door handle and my AC didn’t work. I finally got my call back and I was scheduled to have my car looked at. Apparently something wasn’t plugged in all the way when my recall work was complete. My AC now works. I had tried to get the mechanic dirt off my tan door handle, but it just didn’t come off. They took care of that too. Technically, it all works now.

10/16/2019 Category: Service
Yeah, the motor was replaced but...
I had a recall and my motor had to be replaced. I got a rental not comparable to my car and I had it for about a month and half. When the job was done and I went to pick up my car, they wanted me to spend over $4800.00 on other things they found during their inspection of my vehicle. Funny, they can inspect all these other things but no one seemed to notice that my AC wasn’t working when they were done, despite it working wonderfully when I dropped it off. I’m not digging money out of my pocket for a business that can’t pay attention to what they’re doing. I called and left a message, but still no return call.
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 10/18/2019

I am so sorry no one has returned your phone call.  I will have your advisor call so you can get discuss your issue with your AC.

JO
John O.
09/03/2019 Category: Service
resolving problem
Everything was taken care of successfully

09/03/2019 Category: Service
Fine tune-up etc. but still problems
Need completion of work
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 09/06/2019

Thank you for your feedback.  Ann will be touching base with your regarding your issue.

GM
Gene M.
03/24/2019 Category: Service
I have always received excellant service
Hyundai has always treated me well in servicing my car.

03/24/2019 Category: Service
?
Dissatisfied.
Sam W., service advisor from First Team Hyundai responded on 03/25/2019

thank you for taking the time to talk to us.

First Team Hyundai Service

Fincastle, VA
2012 Hyundai Elantra
02/14/2019 Category: Service
Best Service Ever
I recently did a survey on First Team and related that they reinspected my car and I thought they had not rechecked the problem. I was wrong but was going on what a manager at a tire business had told me stating my wheel bearing had not been fixed. it had not been fixed.No sooner had I submitted my survey that I received a call from First Team who offered to fix something another business had, who we were incorrectly lead to believe, had not fixed the problem, but were going to do this at no charge to me. Who does that now days! I can’t express my appreciation for such an offer. I was so overwhelmed! Yes, by all means, I rate First Team Service 5 stars. I’d give them a higher rating if were possible. I feel they are very trustworthy and would highly recommend their service department!!!

02/14/2019 Category: Service
Stunned
Service has always been great until this last time. I’ll still go back but can’t believe they gave me an inspection sticker when the problem had not actually been corrected. The shop I took it to did not replace the bearing as they said they did and what I paid them to do but I didn’t know that and when I took car to have a good inspection sticker put on First Team evidently did not check to see if the cause for the initial rejection had been fixed and passed it. Only after a couple of days later after they had been given a good inspection sticker did I realize the car still had not been fixed because of the noise and vibrations from it and after taking it to another garage and being told I needed a wheel bearing on the same wheel.
ERIC J C. from First Team Hyundai responded on 02/14/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, we will see you tomorrow.

Lexington, VA
01/07/2019 Category: Service
Recall
After a few issues, everything was straightened out by Ann. I would recommend speaking to her. She is polite, efficient, and very knowledgeable. She took great care of working out the details with my issues.

01/07/2019 Category: Service
Poor service on recall
Told vehicle was ready but picked up and realized more work needed to be done. Wasted an hr waiting only to leave with the loaner car once again!
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 01/09/2019

Thank you so much for the feedback and the opportunity to correct the issues.

Montvale, VA
12/05/2018 Category: Service
Changed blade staff was very good to work eith
Working with me and making it right.

12/05/2018 Category: Service
Wiper blades
Wiper blades
Sam W., service advisor from First Team Hyundai responded on 12/06/2018

Thank you for taking the time to explain to us what the issue is you were having. We will see you this morning to get those wiper blades replaced for you!

Thank you so much!

GH
Georgina H.
11/30/2018 Category: Service
Had some issues but they were resolved
Had some issues but they were quickly resolved.

11/30/2018 Category: Service
Greedy & dishonest - will never return for service or purchase!!!
My car is less than a year old, purchased brand new - 2017 Hyundai Elantra Limited. Around Thanksgiving, it was not detecting my key fob and I was having a difficult time starting the car. I called First Team and they instructed me how to override the start by pushing the start button with the key fob and instructed me to come in because it was probably the battery. I came in and purchased a new battery for the key fob. I continued to have issues with detection of the key fob. The morning of the service, my car would not start. All the lights on the dash would blink on and off and the car was making a repetitive clicking noise before it completely froze and none of the lights on the dash or headlights would turn off. I was instructed to have the car towed into First Team. I spent $75 to have the vehicle towed to the dealership and had to take an Uber to work. I am a single mom and could not be late or miss time from work. No one from First Team notified me when the car arrived onsite or contacted me to ask questions about what the issues were. I had to call them to find out they not only had the car but it was ready for pick up. Once arriving to pick up my car I was charged $520.29 and was told it was my battery. The car was towed in for a no start but was treated for misfire or drive ability issue. The air filter and cabin air filter was replaced - my car only has 16,000 miles on it - how was this needed? Fuel injection and throttle body cleaning service was completed - I was told from several mechanics that neither of these are dealer recommended and can actually void the warranty. Why was this completed on my vehicle? I was charged $368.49 for labor - according to the paperwork of services administered I should have only been charged 2 hours labor not 4 - according to the paperwork: RO was opened at 9:29am and closed as ready at 1:18pm. Standard: Cabin filter - .3 of an hour to replace, air filter .2 of an hour, fuel injection 1hr, throttle body .5 of an hour - why was I charged $368.49? I would like to see technician 603's Hyundai certification for working on cars for First Team Auto Mall. Everything I paid for was an up sell and not a service that was required for the repair of my vehicle. This is my 3rd car from First Team Auto Mall (the other 2 were VW's, this is the first Hyundai) and I have never ever received this poor of service. I am highly dissatisfied and will never bring my car back to the dealership for service nor purchase another vehicle from a company who is so untrustworthy and is only concerned about stuffing the technician's pocket with commission from the up sell of unnecessary services!
Sam W., service advisor from First Team Hyundai responded on 11/30/2018

Thank You for giving us the oppertunity to correct the issues you had with your visit. If you have any other needs feel free to contact Eric C. 5403624800

BW
Brent W.
2018 Hyundai Accent
11/02/2018 Category: Service
Fixed my problem in the end
They needed up calling me and letting me know they have been in touch with Hyundai and got it cleared to fix Eric has been very helpful I’m glad that Hyundai stepped up as a company to honor its warranty

11/02/2018 Category: Service
Will not honor waranty
They would not fix the speedometer being off on my brand new car they do not honor warranty
ERIC J C. from First Team Hyundai responded on 11/06/2018

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me earlier and i hope we have resolved your issue to your  satisfaction.

Della W.
10/08/2018 Category: Service
Survey follow-up
I was surprised to receive a call from a Hyundai Rep regarding my survey I completed..I explained why I rated my service visit the way I did..He was very apologetic and offered me free oil change on my next visit and that they will pass this information on regarding letting customers know up front if there is a long wait time for whatever reason..I told him I have been a loyal customer for 15 years and havebeen happy with their service..happy enough that I purchased a second elantra from them,,Keep up the good work everyone!!

10/08/2018 Category: Service
The staff and my service is always very good,just not the past couple of visits.
The staff and my service are great..I purchased and had my 2003 elantra serviced there from the beginning..So I've been coming there for 15 years..If the service wasn't good I would not have purchased my 2017 elantra from them.My only suggestion is communication with the customer up front,when we call to make the appointment, that the wait time may be longer than usual..whether we're waiting for it or leaving it..Not everyone can leave our cars and come back.
Sam W., service advisor from First Team Hyundai responded on 10/09/2018

thank you for talking to us!

First Team Hyundai Service

Awesome service staff
Great work...

04/02/2018 Category: Service
Off site.
Review is moot. Sent to a local oil change outfit for oil change
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 04/02/2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm sorry if our car care express center located in our Subaru building did not meet your expectations.  Please feel free to contact me at your convenience if you would like to discuss your visit.

Ruckersville, VA
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
01/28/2018 Category: Service
Rectified
Thank you to Sam for calling me, hearing what I had to say and rectifying my concerns. It is much appreciated.

01/28/2018 Category: Service
Not impressed
For a dealership shop, it does not meet my expectations for higher quality and exceeding what I could get at any other local garage/mechanic. It is also disappointing that no coupons are sent out, such as they were with my previous dealership that I bought from. I feel like I bought at First Team and there is no further benefit for bringing my business back for follow up on the product I bought. It's almost like it doesn't really matter that I got the car there.
ERIC J C. from First Team Hyundai responded on 01/29/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with us earlier, we appreciate your feedback and your business.

Martinsville, VA
01/18/2018 Category: Service
Determined staff repairs problem
The Service staff was determined to repair the issue and my problem was resolved. Thanks to the First Team staff for the extra efforts with this issue!

01/18/2018 Category: Service
Problem not resolved
It appears that the staff did not have a great deal of experience with the problem my vehicle presented.
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 01/20/2018

Thank you for your feedback.  Honestly, we did not have any experience with this problem as we have never seen this particular issue with a navigation system which is why our shop foreman spent almost two hours on the phone with not only map n soft but Hyundai techline as well.  We ordered the antenna for your vehicle per Hyundai techline and were willing to submit for goodwill for your radio if the antenna did not correct the issue.  However, if you are not comfortable with this and feel like it will not take care of your issue you are more than welcome to take it to another dealership for a second opinion.  Please just let me know what you would like to do.

PH
Peter H.
01/14/2018 Category: Service
Hyundai takes care of their customers.
My car was given excellent service and when I leave the lot, my worries about how my car will run are taken away. Thanks guys.

01/14/2018 Category: Service
Had to wait too long this time.
I got good service but had to wait too long for the car to be serviced.
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 01/16/2018

I am so sorry about your extended wait. Please contact myself or Ann at your earliest convenience.

Linda M.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
12/31/2017 Category: Service
Customer satisfaction
Very pleased

12/31/2017 Category: Service
The friendly staff
Normally all my Service has been Excellent
The wait this time was a little annoying for me.
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 01/02/2018

I'm very sorry about your wait time.  We had one technician on vacation and several very large jobs going on in the shop and we did get behind several days last week.  Again, I apologize.  Thank you so much for your business.

2016 Hyundai Elantra
12/21/2017 Category: Service
People willing to help
Pleased with service and car

12/21/2017 Category: Service
Dependable
Satisfaction
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 12/21/2017

11/14/2017 Category: Service
Wanting to build a relationship with their customers
Eric reached out to me not even minutes of my first review. He took personal responsibility for my car and resolved all my issues. Very happy!

11/14/2017 Category: Service
Sorry... We can't help you today even thought you schedule an appointment
You need to bring your car in multiple times to get anything resolved, you need to push them to fix any issue.
ERIC J C. from First Team Hyundai responded on 11/14/2017

Thank you for opportunity to make things right.

2015 Hyundai Tucson
11/09/2017 Category: Service
Customer Service
I deal with Ann for all my concerns with my 2015 Tucson and she is always very helpful and willing to go the extra mile for me. When it comes to Customer Service Ann is top notch. Thank you Ann for all you do to help me.

11/09/2017 Category: Service
The employees are great people but thats about the only nice thing i can say.
I definitely would not recommend to anyone.
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 11/10/2017

Rick S.
11/01/2017 Category: Service
Unnecessary service
I took my 2013 Elantra in for a recalled ECM with CEL - and this dealership said I needed a new battery and spark plugs. I told them to perform the recall, reset the CEL and I left - no issues over 1000 miles later and my car runs fine.

11/01/2017 Category: Service
RIP OFF - Consistantly trying to "take" their customers for a ride!
see previous section review - its all there - recommending unnecessary service.
STACEY R G., Hyundai Service Manager from First Team Hyundai responded on 11/02/2017