Overall Rating 3.82/5Overall Rating 3.82/5Overall Rating 3.82/5rating 3.82rating 3.82

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Latest Review over 2 years ago

Daniel W.
2013 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
12/15/2015 Category: Service
Slow service.
No food or coffee in waiting room. 2 hours for oil change.

AH
Amanda H.
11/11/2015 Category: Service
Terrible Service
Have purchased a 2012 Sonata originally from them and always had received good service, which is why purchased a 2015 Santa Fe from them at the very end of June 2015. I have never had issues like in the last 3 months with them. The blind spot detection was inoperable in month 2 of having the Santa Fe, it has now been 3 months since initially speaking with multiple people in sales and 2 months since working with service about the issue. I am moving cross country which service has known about since initially speaking with them (and dealing with engine 3 in our sonata) and they still have not taken the time to resolve this issue with the new car that has basically been broken since we got the car. Garlyn Shelton is more than happy to take your money for a new car but god forbid if you ever have anything go wrong with it, you're going to be stuck for months with the issue or brushed off like me, who they are now telling there's no way to get it done even before I'm moving. So now I'll have to start the process all over again with a different dealer once I move. Just go buy a car somewhere else, this is not worth the hassle and numerous hours on the phone trying to get a return phone call for months trying to push them to fix this issue.....extremely unsatisfied and disappointed they are the ones that received money from the purchase of the vehicle. Date of service noted was last time they took in the vehicle, where they were happy to take money for getting oil change at that visit....order parts to fix the car and never then could fit it in again for the next month prior to my moving.
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 11/11/2015

We apologize we were unable to accomodate your schedule prior to you moving.

REBECCA W.
11/05/2015 Category: Service
I was completely taken advantage of, lied to, and treated as if I was of zero priority. I would not wish that any customer should have to endure the experience that I did.
I will start off by saying that I am not one to complain. I am a patient, understanding, and rational person. In fact, this is the first time I have ever felt so taken advantage of that I feel it is my duty to write a review. I couldn't figure out how to give 0 stars so I put 1. The reason I brought my 2011 Hyundai Sonata to the Hyundai dealership is not just because one would assume that is the most logical and reasonable place to bring your brand car to it's brand dealership. I had gotten my engine rebuilt at this dealership due to an internal gasket leak (thankfully still under warranty). A while later, I noticed some issues with the car by how it was driving. I was in Houston and took my car to the dealership my parents used, obviously not wanting to drive back to College Station/Bryan area creating any potential further damage. The qualified technicians that looked at my car found that there were motor mounts missing. This was not because they had fallen off, this was because they were never put on in the first place. Garlyn Shelton Hyundai was contacted and gave me heat for not bringing the car to them for inspection. This issue was seen as a workmanship error on Garlyn Shelton's part and they had to compensate the charges that it cost to fix their error. So, a few months later when I noticed an issue with how my gears were shifting, I took my car to Garlyn Shelton Hyundai to avoid any problems that may occur as they had previously. This was where I made my mistake. If the service advisers had provided accurate and true information regarding the status of my car and when the work would actually be completed, rather than giving false guarantees assuming it would be what I would want to hear, then I could have respected that. Unfortunately, this was not the case. My calls were never returned, it took over a week to run diagnostics when I was told it would take 3 days, I made a total of 9 trips to the dealership in order to find the status of my car over the entire month+ it remained there. I was promised a loaner car and never received one, resulting in my insurance having to pay for a rental the entire month+ my car was "undergoing maintenance". I gave approval for the repairs to be made, however, they claimed they never received this approval until 4 days after I had given it. I was told the parts were ordered and received, however, 3 days later when I went to check on the status, I was told the parts had just been received that day. I later found that they ordered some of the wrong parts (transmission mounts) and it would take another 5 days to receive and repair the car. A week and a half later, on the day I finally got my car back, I was told I would be able to drive out of the dealership at 1:30pm which the service adviser, Jake, confirmed with me (twice) which in retrospect I should have known better that their word was 9 times out of 10 not credible. I drove out at 3pm which caused me to miss one of my classes. I am a 23 year old female who attends A&M and I honestly feel that I got taken complete advantage of. I was clearly not a priority and was constantly lied to and given false guarantees regarding my car, it's status, and when the work was to be completed. I spoke with the service manager, Joey, about my frustrations and he genuinely expressed concern and apologized, unfortunately, it was too late. I understood that at this point, complaining really changed nothing besides bringing to his attention the complete lack of organization and professionalism I experienced. I plan on contacting Hyundai's regional manager to recount my unfortunate experience. I hope no other customer has to endure the experience I did.
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 11/06/2015

An unfortunate issue to be sure, but the fact that it was impact damage caused after the repair at the other facility and insurance had to be involved was the main contributing factor for delays, and the reason they covered the rental as well. I apologize for any and all delays we may have been responsible for as we worked your car in for the repairs needed, but as we explained when it was dropped off with us, we were booked for appointments and we would do our best to be accomodating and helpful in your time of need. Please reach out to me if there is anything we can do to rectify this situation or to help you out in the future.

10/13/2015 Category: Service
not very friendly
was ok
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 10/13/2015

Will do our best in the future to brighten your day and show our appreciation!

WF
WILLIAM F.
2006 Hyundai Sonata
10/03/2015 Category: Service
Good service at a reasonable cost.
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 10/05/2015

Thanks for the opportunity to maintain your vehicle!

CG
CATHERINE G.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
09/19/2015 Category: Service
Good mechanics
I don't feel the atmosphere is as friendly as a year ago when I ought the car
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 09/21/2015

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and will improve upon our service to you as our promise!

MARYAM D.
09/18/2015 Category: Service
Good Financing, Bad Service
They are very good at financing and offering good deals. after you bought the car, they are very poor at maintaining a good level of service.
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 09/21/2015

We encourage you to help us to provide the service you are looking for. All recommendations are welcome.

STUART H.
2013 Hyundai Veloster
09/12/2015 Category: Service
Parts on back order and i wasn't told until i showed up at dealership
I would have liked to have gotten a call to inform me that the parts were on back order and that we needed to reschedule before i took off work for the appointment I showed up to
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 09/16/2015

My apologies. We have implemented additional safe guards to keep just this sort of thing from happening again. Wish we had them in place prior to your inconvenience. Hope to have the opportuity to make it right.

2007 Hyundai Sonata
08/24/2015 Category: Service
Used to be better.
They used to have good customer service. Howevet, my last visit was different. I was told that my car will be ready in 1hr 15 min. After more than 2 hrs brought the car out and said I need to wait a while if I would like to get my car washed as they were very busy.
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 08/31/2015

My apologies with the issues on the car wash causing delays. I request you stop by when you can and we will be glad to run it through to have it cleaned up at your convenience.

2008 Hyundai Veracruz
08/10/2015 Category: Service
Took my car in on short notice (that day) and took care of problem. Everyone very friendly.
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 08/11/2015

Thank you for the kind words! See you next time in.

RAMONA W.
08/10/2015 Category: Service
Service managers were excellent
I know I will get excellent care from your service representatives and sales force.
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 08/11/2015

Thank you for the vote of confidence, looking forward to seeing you in the future!

Shirley B.
Brenham, TX
2014 HYUNDAI SONATA
08/08/2015 Category: Service
Excellent service, care and concern for their customer and their vehicles for the past 12 years of doing business with them.
I would most definitely recommend them as your total service package - whether it is for maintenance, repairs, or something other. They are the best!
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 08/08/2015

We look forward to a continued relationship!! Thank you for the patronage.

JAFET P.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
07/29/2015 Category: Service
great service
fast service, good customer service too
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 07/30/2015

Enjoy your Hyundai Santa fe. Thanks for letting us help you care for it!

JULIE G.
07/25/2015 Category: Service
Service department doesn't take care of customer
Hard to get an appointment, and then hard to get done what was promised
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 07/30/2015

I look forward to seeing you again and for the opportunity to repair our concerns. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me.

DA
Donald A.
Crockett, TX
2012 HYUNDAI SONATA
07/21/2015 Category: Service
I have had my car serviced at Garlyn Shelton for almost three years. They provide outstanding service, and they make valid recommendations for repairs. I trust them.
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 07/21/2015

Great customers deserve our best!!

LL
LINDA L.
New Baden, TX
07/18/2015 Category: Service
Quality Car, Quality Service
From day 1 I have had nothing but excellent service at GarlynShelton. Scheduling service is as accommodating as possible. Nice, friendly people!
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 07/21/2015

Hope to see you again soon!

GT
GWEN T.
2013 Hyundai Tucson
07/16/2015 Category: Service
Great service, Great People
The title says it all. Excellent service experience.

Thanks so much!

JOYCE L.
2007 Hyundai Entourage
Love the service at Garlyn Shelton
I really appreciate this place for the ease of use, knowing my car is being serviced right, and the free car wash. My car always comes back to me cleaner than when I drop it off! Chap was my advisor this time and he did a great job of getting me in and out in a timely manner. I will definitely try to schedule with him in the future.
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 07/13/2015

So glad to see you again! Thanks for coming in to service with Garlyn Shelton.

MELANIE B.
Marquez, TX
07/09/2015 Category: Service
They worked to make it right!!
There were several bumps along the road of our repair experience, but Mr. Gyug went out of his way to make it right! He called me with a plan for taking care of our issue, & implemented it right away. He literally went the extra 240 miles to get everything taken care of, & we appreciate it so much!! The only reason I am giving 4 stars is that I was told the loaner car would have a full tank of gas, but it had a little less than half a tank. Other than that small issue, our opinion of Garlyn Shelton is completely revised for the better! Thank you so much Mr. Gyug! You deserve a raise!!

07/09/2015 Category: Service
Can't get our recall taken care of
We have made 2 appointments to get our recalled Hyundai Santa Fe fixed. On the 2nd visit, the dealership kept our vehicle for over 8 hours, then called to say they did not have the part to fix the recalled fuel line. I live over an hour away, & since they refuse to provide a loaner vehicle, we have to bring 2 vehicles each time. The recalled fuel line is causing our vehicle to cut out when we accelerate. If we die before it is repaired, it's Garlyn Shelton's fault.
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 07/14/2015

Thank you for the opportunity to make things right. We appreciate your business.

Franklin, TX
07/06/2015 Category: Service
Service visit
Service just isn't what it used to be at Hyundai. Need more than one shuttle during peak hours.
Joey G. from Garlyn Shelton Hyundai responded on 07/07/2015

We take all recommendations under advisement. Thank you for the patronage.