4.5

CK
Carol K.
2019 Hyundai Tucson
03/25/2021 Category: Service
I was able to schedule service on line. When I arrived for the appointment I was pleasantly greeted and the service rep was able to give me an estimated time for pickup of my vehicle. The service was completed ahead of the projected time. Easy, timely, efficient! Very happy with my choice of Hyundai, particularly doing business at Hall Hyundai.

Kristopher M.
Norfolk, VA
2020 Hyundai Tucson
03/31/2021 Category: Service
Took criticism seriously and made improvements
Following my original review, I was contacted by Mr. Cook and Mr. Phillips. They were very willing to understand my concerns and dissatisfaction with my previous visit. I understand that this experience has led to changes in their process at this location and others that will help ensure other customers do not have to make multiple appointments to resolve the same issue. I am very glad that they listened to customer feedback and used that information to make positive changes. I do not expect any business to be perfect, but I do expect them to be conscientious and willing to change when mistakes are made, and that is exactly what has happened here.

This branch has made arrangements to complete the brake recall work that I originally tried to have done, and to do so in a way that will minimize any disruption or inconvenience to me. I appreciate their efforts to make things right, and I am glad to hear that, due to the changes they've made, other customers have already been spared from having to schedule repeat appointments to address the recall. I think they have done just about everything they could to rectify my original situation, and the only reason I would not give all 5 stars is that the situation happened in the first place. I will be returning my vehicle to this location for future service, and hope they continue to improve and deliver the quality service I had come to expect before this unfortunate experience.

03/24/2021 Category: Service
No consideration for customer time
I scheduled an appointment a week out to address a recall on the brakes of my Tucson, as well as perform routine maintenance. I got a text that the vehicle was ready, and asked if there were any issues, but there was no response. I went to pick up my vehicle, and was only then informed that they couldn’t do the recall work because they had run out of parts. I had specifically made this appointment to address the recall issue.

There was no call about this issue, or attempt to reschedule to complete these necessary repairs, or estimate of when they might have the parts. Instead, I was told to call back or stop by to see if they had the parts to do the warranty. That’s not my job as the customer. I already made one appointment at this location (25 minutes from home) to do this recall work, and they blew it off with no warning or apology. I think that’s unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Only after I pointed all that out, and that I purchased the vehicle at this location and was trying to continue giving them business, did the service person say they’d make a note to call me when parts are in stock again. That is the least they could do, and should have offered that from the outset.

Also, the service rep was not wearing her mask to cover her nose. Between that and the nonchalant attitude about the brake recall, I have serious concerns about this dealership’s safety culture.
STEVE A C. from Hall Hyundai Chesapeake responded on 03/26/2021

Thank you for your time with Mr. Phillips this afternoon. His rescore will follow this email.  Have a great day.

5 star service
STEVE A C. from Hall Hyundai Chesapeake responded on 03/23/2021

Thank you so much for the 5 Star review!!

JoAnne P.
03/23/2021
Let me tell you about Steve
Steve, He is kind because he understands how I care about my car. He is very knowledgeable because he knows I don’t know everything about cars. But if something isn’t right and when I try to tell him he understands. He is a gentleman and a great asset to Hall.
Thank you for allowing me to tell you how I feel, Hall’s other service writers are very nice but Steve I have work with more.

2019 Hyundai Tucson
Problem solved
Steve my service writer is great, he is knowledgeable and understands that I may not know cars, he is patient when I try to tell him what is wrong. Steve is always the gentleman and willing to help. The other service writers are nice and knowledgeable but I have had the pleasure of working with Steve more.
Thank you for giving me opportunity to tell you what a great gentleman you have in Steve and wonderful asset he is to Hall.

03/23/2021 Category: Service
I would recommend this dealership to anyone.
I love my Hyundai It is my second one. I am short and the ease in seeing everything, and driving are great.
STEVE A C. from Hall Hyundai Chesapeake responded on 03/23/2021

thank you again for your time this morning.  if you need anything please call me at 757-966-7235

Steve

SP
Stephen P.
Hampton, VA
03/17/2021 Category: Service

03/17/2021 Category: Service
STEVE A C. from Hall Hyundai Chesapeake responded on 03/17/2021

thank you for your time today, i will see you tomorrow!

steve

Julia W.
Suffolk, VA
03/13/2021 Category: Service

03/13/2021 Category: Service
STEVE A C. from Hall Hyundai Chesapeake responded on 03/13/2021

Thank you for your time this morning, if you need anything please call me at 757-966-7235

Steve

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
03/09/2021 Category: Service
Thanks to the hard working Service Advisor, Sam Pedraza!
The service department at Hall is outstanding. I have been very fortunate to be an owner of 1917 Santa Fe. My visits to the service department have been limited. The vehicle is very dependable. I do appreciate the attention that my car receives from Sam Pedraza. The service department seems to have a revolving door when it comes to service advisors. Sam has been there to advise me and I appreciate his time and recommendations. I did get to meet Megan on my last visit. She was friendly and appears to have an interest in her position at Hall. Hoping she will be there on my next visit to Hall along with Sam. A trust factor is very important, when an owner of a Hyundai hands their car keys over to the service advisor; I have that trust with Mr. Pedraza. I hope Hall realizes Sam's importance in the Service Department.
STEVE A C. from Hall Hyundai Chesapeake responded on 03/10/2021

Thank you for the 5 stars and the kind words about Sam.  I will make sure he gets a copy of this.

Judith G.
Hampton, VA
2019 Hyundai Kona
03/07/2021 Category: Service
Service Team
Always received Great service
STEVE A C. from Hall Hyundai Chesapeake responded on 03/08/2021

Thank you so much for the 5 stars!!

BC
Barbara C.
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
03/02/2021 Category: Service
Owner
Waiting area clean workers friendly
STEVE A C. from Hall Hyundai Chesapeake responded on 03/02/2021

Thank you so much for the 5 Stars!!!

2020 Hyundai Sonata
02/27/2021 Category: Service
Sales team top notch!! Service not so much...
Same ol song and dance with this service dept. I love my salesman and the sales staff but the service writers are clueless.
STEVE A C. from Hall Hyundai Chesapeake responded on 03/01/2021

Iam sorry your last visit was not a 5 star visit, if there is anything I can do please call me at 757-966-7235

DJ
Darlene J.
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe

Customer service
The service manager reach out to talk about my concerns and resolved the problem. Hall Hyundai looks out for it's customers to make sure they have a good service experience.
STEVE A C. from Hall Hyundai Chesapeake responded on 02/26/2021

thank you for your time tonight.  757-966-7235

steve

Robert H.
2019 Hyundai Sonata Hev
Great Service At Hall Hyundai
We’ve been customers of Hall Hyundai for many years and have purchased three cars from them. Service is fast and efficient.

Suffolk, VA
02/24/2021 Category: Service
No title
No review

BW
Brandon W.
02/21/2021 Category: Service
Area’s best customer service
I’ve been to quite a few dealerships in the Hampton Roads area, and Hall Hyundai is by far the best! Especially their customer service, I’ve had an exceptional experience EVERY visit.