Dominich B.
Porsche Cayenne
02/05/2019 Category: Service
Dominich said he would not recommend this business for service because he went to have a tire plugged and was charged for this and resetting his computer. The next morning he found a screw in the tire.

Newport Beach, CA
01/18/2019
AC / HEATER
Was given one quote upon drop off. Called everyday for three days to check in and not once was I told about new parts being purchased and how much the cost was going up. Horrible communication.

Jaime P.
08/30/2017 Category: Service
Jaime said he went in to get the check engine light fixed. They told him it was fixed but it has come back on. He was in and out the same day but was not satisfied with the service because the issue was not resolved and now he has to find time to go back in.

ARNIE M.
Nissan 280ZX
02/23/2016
OK
I will continue to use Herb's for my restoration project. They seem knowledgeable and reasonable.

02/23/2016
280ZX
You were supposed to get back to me regarding an exhaust manifold. I called and someone said I would get a call back after a test drive. No one called me back
Arman M. from Herb's Garage & Arman Auto Service Center responded on 02/24/2016

wasnt able to find the part localy--we could purchanced one online for about 490--plug shipping--

ME
Moe E.
California
Mercedes-Benz S550
10/07/2014 Category: Service
Moe said he received a phone call from Darren who was able to refund him $100 for the parts and labor he received during his last visit.

10/07/2014 Category: Service
Moe said he took his vehicle in because of a noise he was having and told them to find out what the problem was and to fix it. This business replaced a part and charged him $400 but the noise still remained. He took it to a dealership and they discovered the lower control arm bushing needed to be replaced and he no longer has the noise he had. This business suggested that he purchase the part and they would fix it at no charge because they messed up the diagnostic. He would not recommend this business for service because of this issue.
Arman M. from Herb's Garage & Arman Auto Service Center responded on 10/11/2014

Took care of the problem

BG
BARBARA G.
Huntington Beach, CA
08/27/2013
My car was not ready for five days. It was supposed to be one or two days. Although you gave me a loaner car which was nice, the battery went dead and I had to call AAA two times. To jump start it. It was so dead it couldn't take a charge
If you say the car will be ready in two days it should be ready in two days not that you got too busy to work on it. It was supposed to be ready by Saturday and I did not get it until the following Wednesday. I had a new timing belt put in and I was told that the water pump was included When i went to pay for it I had to pay an extra 139.00 for the water pump. You told me that it was a mistake that you said it was included.
The loaner car you gave me had a completely dead battery that would not even take a charge. I had the inconvenience of waiting for AAA twice and also using two of my AAA charges.
Every day that I called you said it would be ready that afternoon and it was not.
Even know that you were nice enough I doubt that I will ever bring my car back. Hopefully you fixed it right and it stays running
Arman M. from Herb's Garage & Arman Auto Service Center responded on 08/28/2013

thank you for the feedback... i am very sorry it took to long, and im sorry for the car i lent you the battery died. i would expect to the worse, the reson why i lent my customer was a brand new nissan verta 2013 so my customer dont have any problems with my car. im so sorry again, if there is anything i could do to help i would love to.

SN
Stephen N.
California
08/07/2013 Category: Service
Stephen said he had to take his vehicle back 3 different times because it was not fixed right. He spoke with Darien the third time and he said it was a problem they did at the place where he purchased his vehicle from. He had to go back there and get a note telling him that they did not do anything to his vehicle. He said he would fix it for $50 and then said $60 but ended up charging him $73. When he told Darien about the price they had already discussed, he said he never said that and called him a liar, he was very rude. He will never recommend this place of business to any one.

08/07/2013 Category: Service
Stephen said this business wrongly diagnosed his problem. He said the mechanic told him during his initial visit that his brakes needed to be fixed and his rotors rotated. He was told it would cost $60, but they attempted to charge him $73 and then called him a liar when he asked about the initial quote. They ended up doing the repair for $60, but when another business looked at his vehicle, they told him he needed new rotors. They have good prices, but he would only come back to this business to use the warranty on his brakes.
Arman M. from Herb's Garage & Arman Auto Service Center responded on 08/09/2013

Well to be trully honest, when u had first found me, i was informed that you had tookin it to a repair shop and they had told you, that you need over 500 dollors in repair, that you had a cailper frozen, and i had told you let me take a look and go from them.... as we took a look the first time, you only need front pad, and i was able to turn your rotors, and only charge you 195 for the brake service, and you had came back about a few mouth later and told me your car was shaking, and i tried turning your rotors again...but it look like we had to replace your rotors......AND i didnt even charge you labor to reinstall your new rotors, and sencond i gave you the rotors for my price..

Arman M. from Herb's Garage & Arman Auto Service Center responded on 08/28/2013

Spoke to custmoer, going to take of brake flush on daron.. If you guys could call back and get a rescore plz thanks.

RP
RENE P.
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Chevrolet Suburban
05/01/2013
work done I did not need
I came in for a spark plug check and was told that wires needed changing etc. After service it was noted that it was known the wires were new already, yet I was charged for the whole change. My experience left me unhappy as a 400 dollar + bill for a tune up was not what I came in for. The kindness to me in communication was welcomed, but hindsight has shown me I was mislead and over charged.
Arman M. from Herb's Garage & Arman Auto Service Center responded on 05/07/2013
When you had came in, we where told by you that the person who you purchased the vehicle from had told you, you need to do a tune-up so when went and pulled the code for a po#303 witch is a misfire for cyl #3. So we went and pulled out the spark plug for cyl. #3 and was fouled. So we recommend to start with a complete tune-up and go from there.you had pick up the car bec you needed it, and you had called back and said your engine light had came on again. We had told to bring it back by so i could take a look at it, and i gave you my person car for the sencond time, and had call you a couple hours later that there was no compression in cyl. #3 only had 85psi. only in idle witch is to low. And you had told me that you where going to take it back to the person you purchased it from.

ST
SANJAY T.
11/16/2012
Not so great
Well they didnt tell me that they are going to charge me x amount of $ for diagonistic, when in fact I had it done already @ othet place and I haf the parts# which were supposed to be replaced. I was disappointed.
Arman M. from Herb's Garage & Arman Auto Service Center responded on 09/03/2013

we had refined your digniises fee bec you had a wiring problem. Sorry