4.6

Overall Rating 3.7/5Overall Rating 3.7/5Overall Rating 3.7/5Overall Rating 3.7/5Overall Rating 3.7/5

Bellevue, WA

Madhusudhana N.
Redmond, WA
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
11/24/2020 Category: Service
They addressed all the issues till now.

Bothell, WA

Ted W.
Snohomish, WA
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
11/15/2020 Category: Service
Exceptional staff in service area.
The check in staff is amazing. They are friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to do things right. They always take the time to explain everything they are going to do with your vehicle and how long it will take. Never disappointed with the high standards at this location.

Daniel W.
2019 Hyundai Kona
11/15/2020 Category: Service
Hyundai is the Best experience for the money
Quick and convenient service experience every time.

TV
Troy V.
Bothell, WA
2015 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
11/09/2020 Category: Service
Excellent communication
Shelby and Daniel were both very persistent with getting me an engine for my car, just so happens the warranty company was a bunch of morons so it took much longer than expected but at no fault to hyundai.

LF
Laura F.
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
11/05/2020 Category: Service
Good sales and service people
We bought our Hyundai in 2016 and any minor concerns have been quickly remedied. We've been really please with our Sonata hybrid and hope to get another when time to buy a new car.

Russel C.

Desmond R.
Sunnyside, WA
10/31/2020
Problems were resolved!
At first I didn't have the best customer experience, but Michael Sylvan and Noel Holler made the effort to correct the situation and I am very pleased with them making it better. They have the best prices around by far and I will definitely consider doing business with Hyundai of Kirkland in the future.

10/31/2020
HORRIBLE customer service. Very deceptive.
Everything below is 100% accurate and true. I bought a 2018 Audi A3 and it was a HORRIBLE experience.

In short: DO NOT get Michael Sylvan as your car salesmen. Also, their $200 “theft deterrent” can be waived. Don’t believe them when the finance manager Randy or someone else says it can’t because I got it waived.

Detailed review: This was my first time ever at a car dealership. I called in first to ask about an Audi I eventually purchased. Unfortunately Michael was the one that answered my call. My first day there I worked with Jeff at first since Michael was away. As a first time car buyer, Jeff mentioned that it’s best to not run my credit since it’s likely that I would not get approved for financing (which I appreciate Jeff being honest). I wanted to buy the car in full so the finance manager, Randy, also joined in on the price negotiating. There was an accident reported on the car through Car Gurus so I asked if I would be able to get the auto check report on the car. Randy said if a price was agreed upon then they’d buy the report for me. We couldn’t agree on a price so I left. I live 3 hours away and told them I’d be leaving that Sunday back home.

As soon as I get home I get a text saying “We are getting ready to send the A3 to auction. Have you reconsidered?” So I go online and seen that they lowered the sale price of the car. It would have been nice if they had done so before I drove all the way home. Anyways Michael agrees to waive the $200 theft deterrent and we agree on a price. I get to the dealership and Michael greets me with “we have another person ready to buy this car right now but we saved it for you so let’s get the deal done.” I knew that was a lie and he was rushing me for some odd reason. I let him know that I’d like to see the auto check that Randy said I’d be able to see. Michael says that’s not going to happen and if I don’t want to get the deal done he can just sell it to the “other” person. (Here’s where I found out why I was being rushed).

So I put my money back in my pocket and said I won’t be buying the vehicle until I see the report I was told I could see. Micheal leaves and then returns and said the deal to see the report was through Randy, not him, so the offer to see the report through him is invalid. I said ok I guess I’ll be leaving and then Michael says “I’ll buy it with my own money, but if there’s no auto accident shown, you have to pay me back the $20.” That is VERY poor of him to say, as if he wasn’t going to make money from me buying the car already. So as he’s on the computer getting the report, he then stops and says “ok if there’s something minor you’re still buying the car right? As long as it’s nothing major?” What a way to backtrack, he knew there was something on the report the entire time and was trying to stay away from it.

Anyway I still decided to make the purchase so Randy brings the paperwork. It still has the $200 theft deterrent applied even tho we agreed to waive it. I mentioned to Randy it was waived and he says, “It has never been waived my entire time of working here,” as if I was trying to lie to him. We then wait 20 minutes for Michael to return so he can confirm that it is in fact being waived.

This was my first experience at a car dealership and I felt very bullied the entire process. If I had known that I was allowed to ask for a new sales person I would have done so in a heart beat. Michael Sylvan is not a good salesman and Randy is deceptive and lies to you. Before you go in, please be aware.

Again, everything is true and I will be leaving a review on Facebook as well.
NH
NOEL H., Customer Relations Manager from Hyundai of Kirkland responded on 11/02/2020

Desmond,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a stellar experience at our dealership. Randy is newer to our dealership and it is possible that he has never been asked to waive the theft deterrent. It sounds like you and Michael did not have a good connection and there was some mis-communication. We would have had Jeff help you for the entire sales process, if we would have known there was an issue. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please call us at (425)821-6611. We hope that you are happy with your Audi that you purchased and again we do apologize.

Noel Holler
Customer Relations Manager
Ford & Hyundai of Kirkland
Ph:  425.821.6611  Ext 119
eM:  nholler@fordofkirkland.com

2019 Hyundai Elantra
10/26/2020 Category: Service
good and quick service
Personnel explained all work done and answered all questions to my satisfaction.

TG

Poor Service, COVID Restrictions
n/a
DANIEL M C., Service Manager from Hyundai of Kirkland responded on 10/15/2020

Hello,

I am looking into your service here at our dealership. I will be reaching out to you for more specifics to see how we can do better in the future.

Daniel Cielo
daniel@hyundaiofkirkland.com

2014 Hyundai Elantra Gt
10/10/2020 Category: Service
I waited weeks for my appointment. When I came here to do the oil change, they discovered some issue and was able to revolve immediately. I was happy that it was faster than I expected. Will definitely come back again.

Ronald B.
10/09/2020
They came through with flying colors
We have purchased 3 Hyundai's from here over the last 10+ years and I have taken 5 friends there to help them feel comfortable with buying a New car since I used to sell cars for 20 plus years. My wife was able to get the Vehicle she has dreamt about for a few years a 2020 Hyundai Kona in Lime Twist with every option available for about $3,000.00 less than any other dealer in a 75 mile radius I know I checked. Our Salesperson Michael Sylvan was very easy to work with and even spent extra time making sure my Wife knew how to use all the new tech this model has that her Tucson didn't. The GM also took steps to make sure we had a awesome buying experience as well as giving me his direct number so if I ever need help for us or our friends or neighbors I just need to call him. They treated us the way I used to treat my customers "Like Gold" and have earned our business for life. Thank you to everyone on the team there for your commitment to making sure every customer is "Completely Satisfied". Today I can't say enough good things about this place and it's staff. Thanks for taking care of us Ron and Lorie from Kirkland

10/09/2020
Getting the run around after 3 new cars from here
On 9/16/2020 My Wife and I went to HOK to buy her the 2020 Hyundai Kona she has been dreaming of just the way she wanted it because the color isn't made on 2021 models. This is our 3rd New Hyundai from HOK and I have taken myself 4 friends and co-workers to buy cars from them in the past 4 years plus we need a new Pick-up, but that won't happen again. When we were in Finance doing our documents the Finance guy added a $200.00 "Theft Protection" to help the salesman since his commission was a not much on our deal because we kept our trade which I sold the following weekend for 5 times what they offered. We said ok we guess we can help him out. This protection requires the Dealer to etch each window with a serial number that is put on the document that gives us the "Protection". Since we left at 9pm and it was very dark I didn't notice the serial number wasn't on any of our windows meaning our Vehicle doesn't have any coverage and the paperwork couldn't be sent in since it would have to have the serial number on it. I have called and spoke with the salesman, the manager "Mr. Jackson" and they told me they would refund our $200.00 plus sales tax by check. 3 weeks later several texts and calls and a message to the General Manager (He hasn't called me) we still don't have the money owed to us for a product that doesn't exist. I can't believe they think they can get away with keeping our money like they are doing right now. With the economy down and sales slow it seems very underhanded to pull a dirty move like this when they could have just done the right thing and made it good. They have chose to be a typical Dealer and rip us off. I can't see us ever buying another car from them plus our services will be done somewhere else like Doug's, Car Pro's, or Hyundai of Seattle. We are waiting for our survey to let Hyundai know what one of their dealers is doing. Can't see giving any score over 1 right now.
NH
NOEL H., Customer Relations Manager from Hyundai of Kirkland responded on 10/12/2020

We do apologize that you have not recieved your refund check. I looked into this with our office manager and she will have the check ready for you today. We do not want to lose you as a long time Ford of Kirkland family member. Please continue to use us for all your vehicle needs, and we will make sure we do not have any issues like this in the future. Have a wonderful day.

Noel Holler