Overall Rating 3.9333307/5Overall Rating 3.9333307/5Overall Rating 3.9333307/5rating 3.9333307rating 3.9333307
Overall Rating 2.2/5Overall Rating 2.2/5rating 2.2rating 2.2rating 2.2

Jennifer B.
04/20/2019 Category: Service
The customer service!
Thanks Tabitha!!! Love having you in the service department, and I trust you with my beautiful car!

Susan S.
2013 Hyundai Tucson
Always a pleasure

John G.
2018 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
04/19/2019 Category: Service
Better Customer support needed.
Disappointing
DYLAN C., General Manager from Lithia Hyundai of Reno responded on 04/19/2019

Mr G,

First of all, thank you for the opportunity to serve you. Although this does not shine a very positive light on our efforts, it's pivotal in helping us to understand when and where we fall short.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can say in our defense here, we missed an opportunity to wow a new customer and we dropped the ball. You are correct, when your car leaves the shop it shouldn't need a thing, let alone the fluid levels topped off.

Obviously at this point I hate to inconvenience you, but if you happen to find yourself in the neighborhood in the next few days we'd like to correct this error.

I'll have your service advisor reach out and follow up. Again, you have my humble apology for your less than stellar experience.

Your experience will be shared with the team in our Monday morning meeting to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Respectfully yours,

Matt Ashton
Lithia Hyundai of Reno
MAshton@lithia.com
775-682-3341

Daniel H.
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
04/19/2019 Category: Service
great service, knowledgeable and professional.
The Hyundai service department is absolutely great. I've been going to them now for over 3 years and not one dispute. The work is always done the way it should be and in a timely manner. The service agent I work with, Tabatha Culver knows her stuff and keeps my two Hyundai's running great. My 17 year old grandson got his drivers license and took my 2013 Elantra GT and so I bought a 2018 Hyundai Kona. The reason I bought the Kona is because of the excellent service I get from Hyundai and Ms. Culver. I have no problem highly recommending Hyundai. They do good work.

Richard B.

TR
Tarmeh R.
South Lake Tahoe, CA
04/19/2019 Category: Service
As always, successful car maintenance experience.
At Reno Lithia Hyundai, I get treated with expert service, friendly workers, always timely service. Etc. I wouldn’t go anywhere else for car maintenance. Although extremely satisfied with all around service, the costs are high and with my budget, having to do major maintenance, it seems every 4 or 5 thousand miles makes me not want to purchase another new Hyundai in the future. Trying to pay my monthly $300 for financing and insurance and maintenance is struggling. I feel that I love my 2016 Tucson and it was the basic model, no bells and whistles. So it’s not a luxury car by many means, so draining my bank account every month for the high costs of service maintenance, is the only thing that I feel is negative.
Other than that, I feel fortunate to have the right kind of car care and treatment.

LK
Lori K.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
Customer service
Lance goes above and beyond with his customer service skills.

2017 Hyundai Elantra Gt
Google Elantra Engines. . . I wish I had
I purchased two cars from this dealership.

I bought my 2017 Hyundai Elantra GT here brand new. The engine blew at just 54,000 miles. I guess I should be glad that the salesperson added an extended warranty on my sale without discussing it with me. Somehow, the service desk believes it is their responsibility to make snide comments to me because Hyundai replaced my engine on Warranty. No, Tabatha, I won't be returning to Hyundai for an oil change. I also won't be buying a third vehicle or suggesting this dealership to anyone ever again.
DYLAN C., General Manager from Lithia Hyundai of Reno responded on 04/17/2019

Anonymous,

Please accept my humble apology for your less than stellar experience. Our customers are the most important part of our business, you are why we all get up and come to work in the morning.

I had a quick chat with Tabatha and she expressed remorse for you feeling as though she was anything less than courteous and professional.

While you may have felt she was making a snide remark, she was genuinely looking out for your best interests.

It's always our intention to maintain a happy and healthy balance with our customers, and we should be mindful of the words we choose when doing so.

What she shared with me does have me concerned though. Obviously it's your car and your money, you can do with it as you choose.

That being said, I looked through the system and checked the Carfax history report (two things most warranty company's do before processing a claim) and I was very surprised by what I found, or more precisely, didn't find.

While it's highly unusual for a Hyundai to need a motor at 54,000 miles, it's not when there are zero records indicating regular preventative maintenance. Looking at the history in our system and the Carfax History Report it appears your car is on the original oil.

Again, I concede it's your car and your investment, it's yours to do with what you choose, but to expect a car to go 50,000+ miles on the original engine oil is not only unrealistic, it's also grounds for a warranty claim refusal.

You may have taken Tabatha's recommendations as a snide comment, but she was genuinely looking out for your best interest by suggesting to return for routine oil changes. While the warranty company may not have requested the documentation this time, next time we may not be so lucky, and if we can't furnish it to them, they have grounds to deny the claim.

Again, I'm sorry you had a less than stellar experience. And I do thank you for your business. Stay safe our there and we hope to see you again.

Respectfully yours,

Barry B.
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
service dept
very friendly people to deal with

WC
William C.
Great service and staff
My service was done in a very timely manner. I was updated and notified. Will return.

Lance S.
2010 Hyundai Accent
Best service ever!
Great job Lithia Hyundai of Reno!

AW
Amy W.
04/15/2019 Category: Service
Scheduled service
My appointment was on time and didn’t have to wait long for oil change service.

2016 Hyundai Elantra
04/14/2019 Category: Service
Friendly staff
👍🏻

James L.
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
04/12/2019 Category: Service
Helpful people
The service reps are always so nice

DN
Dennis N.
Fernley, NV
04/12/2019 Category: Service
they take great care in there service .
Would like to see discounts mailed for verious repairs needed.

JJ
Juliana J.
Mammoth Lakes, CA
2018 Hyundai Kona
Hyundai Kona first service
good service
DYLAN C., General Manager from Lithia Hyundai of Reno responded on 04/15/2019

Juliana,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. We appreciate the feedback as it helps us grow individually and as a dealership.

Our team works extremely hard to keep our customers coming back, and knowing you would return for service and refer your friends is a huge compliment.

As our goal is always a perfect score, I invite you to share with me what it would have taken to get that all-important 5th star from you. I can be reached at the dealership the next time you stop in, or at the email address below.

Thank you again for the opportunity to serve you, we look forward to seeing and servicing you in the future.

Stay safe,

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
Recall
The only thing I had a problem with is I had to wait for 20 minutes to be checked in with an 11 AM appointment. People in front of me had problems I felt sorry for the service dept rep
DYLAN C., General Manager from Lithia Hyundai of Reno responded on 04/12/2019

Anonymous,

Thank you for taking a moment from your busy day to let us know how we are doing, your input is very important to us.

Our team works very hard to keep our customers coming back, and knowing you would return for service and refer your friends is a huge compliment.

You have my sincerest apology for the delay in getting you and your car signed-in. While some folks are here for preventative maintenance, others are here for unscheduled repairs that often catch them by surprise, and as such it can be a little stressful.

Stay safe,

Richard W.
2013 Hyundai Tucson
They were very helpful

Richard C.
2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
04/11/2019 Category: Service
Service& new car pricing- great employees
Have two Hyundai’s. Easy to schedule maintanince appointments.They do their best to get you in and out in a timely manner.Hopefully we’ll be moving to Indiana in the near future. Like to find a dealership there that is just as great as this one.