MADADASHCAR

Vickie C. on 07/28/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Repair done incorrectly - owner completely unresponsive"
I had my vehicle's alternator replaced at Madadashcar. 10 days later the alternator belt split along the middle and the some minor damage was caused to other components as the belt flapped around. The belt did not look worn, but like it had not been aligned correctly. I had the car towed to Madadashcar to give them a chance to make it right. The mechanic swore the belt had been correctly installed, that there had been no signs of it looking ready to fail when he put the belt back on the car, and that the timing of the failure was coincidental. He did offer to do the labor for free if we purchased the parts - which now included a tensioner, even though he had not looked at that part when we returned. We were skeptical and did not want to give this business more money or have the same mechanic do any more work on the vehicle, so we had it towed to the dealer and the repairs done there. And thank goodness! It turns out the belt had been installed incorrectly, it was shifted over 2 grooves on one of the pulleys you could not see from the top. In addition, the adjustment head on the tensioner was snapped off. Since you can not correctly put on an alternator belt without releasing the tension, the dealer's service manager's working theory was that the original mechanic had snapped off the head accidentally and did not want to tell us, so being unable to release the tension they had just pulled the belt on the best they could, which was not all the way. We returned to Madadashcar with the broken part and the repair receipts. The owner, Kara, said she was told that the tensioner was broken when the car came in and the mechanic has chosen not to tell us about it to save us money. So either, the mechanic broke a part on our car and lied, or didn't know how to put on a belt correctly and neglected to inform a customer of a broken component on their car. She apologized, empathized with our frustration, and said to give her 2 days to determine what she'd do to handle it. 2 days came and went with no response. I stopped in to see her, she wasn't there and I left a message to have her call me. Again, no response. A few days later, I made one more try to stop in. The woman at the desk told me that she would not be calling me back. That the owner had decided to ignore me. So at this point I have spent $760 in towing and repair costs to fix the mistake made when they made the original $500 repair. I would like to be able to support a local business, particularly one owned by a veteran, but this experience has been extremely frustrating and expensive.
Service Date: 05/30/2017
Review Created: 07/28/2017 08:16 AM
Barbara A. on 07/26/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
" don't trust these guys!"
I was visiting Stowe and my car wouldn't start. AAA towed it to Madadashcar. The driver thought it was possibly the starter. Madadashcar changed the starter and totally ignored the 'Engine Light' warning. I was told they just fixed the starter. They then checked the car and said it was okay to drive. Turns out I needed a new air flow sensor. Maybe it wasn't the starter after all. I would never take my car here again.
Service Date: 07/10/2017
Review Created: 07/26/2017 01:09 PM
Vickie C. on 07/03/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Repair done incorrectly and owner is non-responsive"
I used this shop to do a replace my vehicle's alternator. 10 days later the the alternator belt split along the middle and the broken half caused some minor damage to other components it hit while flapping around. The belt did not look worn, but like it had not been aligned correctly when it was installed. I had it towed to Madadashcar to give them a chance to make it right. The owner directed me to talk to the mechanic, who swore it was put on correctly, the belt had not appeared worn when he put it back on the vehicle, and that it was just coincidental timing that it failed so soon after the repair. He said he'd do the labor for free if we'd bought the parts, which now included a tensioner (even though he did not look at that part when we returned). Thank goodness we were skeptical. Unwilling to give more money to this business, or have the same mechanic work on it, we had it towed to the dealer where they found that the belt was indeed installed on incorrectly - it was shifted over 2 grooves on one of the pulleys you could not see from the top. And the tensioner had the adjustment head snapped off (you can not put a alternator belt on correctly without releasing the tension). The dealer's service manager's working theory was that the mechanic snapped off the head, didn't want to tell us, so tried just to pull the belt on as well as they could, and it didn't get seated correctly. I returned to Madadashcar with the receipts and broken part. The owner spoke to me this time and said the tensioner was already broken when they looked at the car (no work had ever been done that would have caused the alternator belt to be removed previously). She said the mechanic had chosen not to even mention the broken part to try to save me money. So, either the mechanic broke a part on my car and lied, or didn't know how to put on a belt correctly and neglected to tell an customer about an issue with their vehicle. The owner, Kara, apologized and asked me to give her 2 days to look into and tell me what she would do to make up for it. 2 days came and went with no response. I stopped in and asked to talk to her - she wasn't there and the mechanic said he'd pass along the message to call me. No response. Made one last attempt to stop in and talk to the owner after a few more days. Was told by the person at the desk that she would not be calling me. "She has decided to ignore you". So there you go. I have had to spend $760 in towing and repair costs to fix the $500 repair they originally did. I wanted so much to support a local business, particularly one owned by a veteran, but this experience has been incredibly frustrating and expensive.
Service Date: 05/30/2017
Review Created: 07/03/2017 10:55 AM
Casey H. on 06/16/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Scratch Rims with tire change over"
I made an appointment here to have my winter tires changed. I thought all went well until I looked at my rims a week later and realized they were scratch really bad not fixable. I stopped by the place to have someone look at them just to see if they could replace the 3 rims that were scratched really bad. The employee took pictures, sent them to Kara the Owner. Employee advised she isn't going to do anything she's cheap. I said well maybe once she see's the pictures... I never heard from her, I have left several messages still no response. I have texted her asking for her please to contact me, Nothing... I have called the Stowe office and the Morrisville office left more messages still no response. If I owned my car I probably wouldn't care so bad but my car is a Lease which means I am going to have to pay for those scratch rims at the end of my lease. So disappointed with the service, and by the sounds she doesn't treat her employees well either. I wouldn't not go here again.
Service Date: 05/03/2017
Review Created: 06/16/2017 05:11 AM
DEREK P. on 05/19/2017
"Interesting"
I really actually like coming here. I have gotten a few lights changed and an oil changed here. I think they do a good job. They are more expensive than most of the places around for sure.... but you always pay for what you get. I would like a bit more of a talk about my vehicle even when I just get simple jobs done. I know it's always a bit harder when it come to customer service, but I think most folks who don't know to much about cars would enjoy that. Though, it you're one of the only garages in town and people have to come to you anyway.... you don't really need to provide that.
Service Date: 05/19/2017
Review Created: 05/19/2017 09:23 PM
Jack V. on 05/12/2017
Jack said out of all the mechanics he has used, he trusts the guy with the glasses, with all of his work. He takes all the fear out of the repair.
Vehicle: Subaru Impreza
Service Date: 05/10/2017
Review Created: 05/12/2017
DAVID S. on 05/11/2017
"Good Service + Nice People "
Just had my car detailed to clean up the winter mess. They did a nice job, as usual.
Vehicle: BMW X3
Service Date: 05/09/2017
Review Created: 05/11/2017 10:38 AM
Allison R. on 05/06/2017
Allison said they did a good job.
Service Date: 04/28/2017
Review Created: 05/06/2017
Vicki F. on 05/05/2017
Vicki said the service was great at this business.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz GL550
Review Created: 05/05/2017
M.J. S. on 05/05/2017
Spoke with Doug. He said they were great and gave him a ride back and picked him up. He wouldn't recommend them for service because he does not live in the area.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Review Created: 05/05/2017
Charles L. on 05/02/2017
Charles said this business was on time. They did the work on his vehicle correctly.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Review Created: 05/02/2017
KERRY A. on 04/27/2017
"Excellent service"
Professional, timely, excellent prices, great customer service
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Service Date: 04/25/2017
Review Created: 04/27/2017 08:24 PM
JOSEPH R. on 04/27/2017
"I like their unique title."
Very accommodating when I had to reschedule my appointment. Also, as my jeep was quite dirty inside, they did I an excellent job cleaning it. Very satisfied.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 04/25/2017
Review Created: 04/27/2017 03:45 AM
RICH P. on 04/26/2017
"Tire changeover"
Had a scheduled appointment. They got started right away and returned the car to me in 35 minutes. Amazing!
Vehicle: Audi Allroad
Service Date: 04/24/2017
Review Created: 04/26/2017 06:45 AM
LOISE T. on 04/23/2017
"Not an Elantra. It is a Tucson"
Excellent, and better than expected.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra GT
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 04/23/2017 05:55 AM
Suzanne P. on 04/19/2017
Suzanne said this business was quick, however she asked for an alignment check and they told her afterwards they don't provide those on the weekends.
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 04/15/2017
Review Created: 04/19/2017
Mike M. on 04/14/2017
Mike said this business was quick and he was able to get out in 45 minutes.
Vehicle: Ford E-150
Service Date: 04/13/2017
Review Created: 04/14/2017
Dennis R. on 04/11/2017
Dennis said he had headlights that needed adjusting. It took them 3 tries to get it right.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Service Date: 03/09/2017
Review Created: 04/11/2017
Fred B. on 04/11/2017
Fred said it's been fine. They were convenient and accommodating.
Vehicle: Saab 9-3
Service Date: 03/20/2017
Review Created: 04/11/2017
Eric S. on 04/10/2017
Eric said they were pricey.
Service Date: 04/06/2017