AW
Anne W.
Richmond, CA
Ford Fiesta
02/24/2018 Category: Service
Anne said she didn't find the staff as accommodating and friendly as she would have liked. She stated she felt like she was a bother when she was asking questions about the time frame and finding a time that would work for her. Their system wasn't working, regarding the exact amount she owed. She was overcharged, but they did change it to the proper amount after she mentioned it was the wrong amount from the coupon. It would be more helpful if they would be more friendly and accommodating or be able to offer suggestions on how to find a time that would work better with how long the service would take.
Marty K., CEO from Marty's Motors responded on 02/27/2018

(510) 235-6000

DAVID L.
Berkeley, CA
04/17/2017
Good service but quite pricey...
I took the CR-V in for a sticky lock and a leaky cowper. Both problems were fixed but the bill was ~$500. I thought that was quite pricey. I like Marty and feel that he runs a reliable place, but I was shocked by the bill. When I mentioned it to Marty via text, he had no reply. I am on the fence whether I would recommend them to a friend. If I do I will warn them about their pricing.
Marty K., CEO from Marty's Motors responded on 04/18/2017

Hi David,

I would like to apologize for not responding earlier. The system had broken down and I did not get your earlier text. I'm also sorry you feel your bill was excessive. I know that with older cars [and yours is about 20 years old] it's difficult to spend significant sums on mon-vital repairs. Our goal is to be fair in our pricing, and fixing your lock was cheaper than replacing it would have been, and the leak took some time to isolate and a number of parts to repair. Fortunately we got the leak before it did significant damage to your window supporting frame which would have been much more expensive. I know it was expensive but we felt we saved you even more money in the long run

Sincerely,