Mccormick Automotive

Overall Rating 4.25/5Overall Rating 4.25/5Overall Rating 4.25/5Overall Rating 4.25/5rating 4.25

Latest Review about 6 years ago

Adrionne T. on 08/31/2011
"Radiator Fan Connector"
I took my car into McCormick to determine the cause of my car running hot when the AC is turned on. Joey took a look and immediately noticed that one of the radiator fans were “blowing” air opposed to “pulling” air in. The reason? My recently changed radiator was installed and the “radiator fan connector” was simply attached “backwards.” Once identified, the connector is simply unplugged, reversed and plugged in the "correct" way. Not a big deal to rectify, since the connector is right on top and easily within reach. Unfortunately, instead of the connector being unplugged and plugged in the correct way, Joey "cut out" the connector, all together and connected the matching wires and wrapped them with tape?! In this way, he explained that no one will ever be able to plug the connector in backwards again?? Huh? It was only during my drive home that it hit me---Why didn't he just simply disconnect the connector, reverse it, and plug it in the correct way? Had he simply told me that a very small lock on the side had broken off of the connector, which is what allowed it to be plugged in backwards, I would have remembered this “forever,” and made sure to pass this information onto "any" mechanic that needed to service that part of my car going forward. I appreciate that Joey recognized the error that was made by my regular mechanic, and didn’t want this to “ever” happen again, but what I just can’t wrap my mind around is WHY would he cut out a connector that was otherwise, in good condition, then have to wrap wires together with tape, and charge me $25.00, when the only thing that needed to be done, was “literally” unplug the connector, reverse it, and reconnect it? Something that only takes seconds, would have saved my connector, and maybe even $25.00, and made me a regular paying customer. At this point, Yes, I am frustrated with how he chose to rectify a problem that could have been fixed “literally” in a matter of seconds, by reversing the piece and plugging it in the correct way. Then charging $25.00 for added work that he really did NOT have to do- and I would have “preferred” having my connector, opposed to “wrapped wires!” Cutting out my connector and wrapping wires together, when he could have just reversed and reconnected the piece? One visit is all I’ll ever have to this location. I’m sure you would agree that this was $25.00 for work that “definitely” could have been performed differently. I would have been more understanding even had he called and “waited” until I called him back, “before” he opted to perform this work, this would have at least allowed me to tell him that this was something I could have done myself. I’m not accustomed to mechanics fixing things until they have been given authorization to move forward with the work. I have additional work that’s needed on my car, well over $1,000.00 worth and I would have been glad to take my car back to McCormick, however, at this point, I will not be returning.

Ms. Thomas
Service Date: 08/30/2011
Review Created: 08/31/2011 02:45 AM
Kathryn C. on 08/24/2011
"Thank you"
Mr. McCormick and staff always take good care of my car and answer my questions even if they are busy.
Service Date: 08/24/2011
Review Created: 08/24/2011 08:31 PM
Gwendolyn R. on 08/09/2011
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Best Auto repair around"
Mr. McCormick and Chuck are the Best. I always get quality work. I would advise anyone to go there one time and you will not want to go any where else. Keep up the good work (smile).
Service Date: 08/02/2011
Review Created: 08/09/2011 07:34 PM
Kathryn C. on 08/07/2011
"Mr. McCormick rocks!"
Everytime I go, even if it is just to ask a question, Mr. McCormick or Chuck take good care of me and my vehicle.
Service Date: 06/23/2011