HM
HECTOR M.
Fort Mill, SC
11/01/2019
Awesome service!
I was in for an oil change, and got there 30 minutes early and they still took my vehicle right back, got it done quickly and also let me know about my brakes :-). No forceful sale, just information! I really appreciate their professional approach and no cheeky and sneaky tactics.

Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
11/01/2019
Great Service and Staff
Everyone was great and helpful

ROB H.
Porsche Panamera
10/26/2019
I cannot trust your business
To put it quickly Ted quoted me a price of $1899 for the part alone and the completed job would cost $2500
I took my car to MPMOTORWERKS on south Blvd and they did the job for $1800 they got the part from the dealer for $1400 the dealer told me over the phone the part would cost me a little over $1500 so I knew ted was trying to rip me off. I told all my friends at the cigar shop to stay away other personal friends and my landscaper. Always get a 2nd or 3rd opinion
Dynamic Auto Tune T. from Dynamic Auto Tune responded on 10/30/2019

That is dissapointing to hear. We pride ourselves with our quality and value. We provide double the dealership warranty - 2 year / 24k miles. There will always be another place to do a repair for less than what is considered reasonable and fair business. As long as they stand behind the diagnosis and work performed. We stand behind our diagnosis, as that is the most important aspect of repairs.

To be clear, the total quote for the job was 2285.45 - We appreciate the feedback and value the time spent on the review. Glad you chose to come to us for the diagnosis and hope to see you for service in the future.

Michael M.
North Carolina
BMW M235i
10/24/2019 Category: Service
Michael said that overall the place was good.

LOIUS S.
Porsche Cayenne
10/23/2019
Good Alternative to German car dealers
This was my first time using them for a scheduled maintenance. I did have them check out my used Cayenne before I bought it. It was just an oil change. It was expensive, yes but no more than I expected. Six liters of full synthetic oil is not cheap. The found a broken part and "strongly encouraged me" not to drive the car until the part was received. I was not too happy to leave the car. I did understand the risk so I did leave the car. They might consider getting a relationship with enterprise to have rental cars brought over at the customers expense. Maybe have two - four on reserve everyday. I was also not too happy about the expense of the part but it is a Porsche. I was happy they put the part on for free. Even changing a tire is complicated.

I expect to use them again. We'll see how the long term relationship goes, every 5000 miles.

DON H.
10/22/2019
Fantastic Staff
There are many auto shops to choose from and to me it really comes down to the staff. They are always friendly, professional and informative about what to expect during the visit. As I waited for my repairs to be completed, I am always impressed with the customer following that they have. More impressive, they talk to everyone as one would talk to a friend. I feel I’m always being dealt with honestly and ethically and trust and follow their recommendations. Good people.

CLEVELAND W.
BMW 750i
10/22/2019
Worst experience ive ever had at a Repair Shop!! I Got Ripped Off!
I took my car there because they specialize in Foreign cars. I have an 07 Bmw 750. Had it at another shop and they told me all these codes were on the car. So, i decided to take it to Dynamic Auto Tune to let " Specialists" handle it. Had my car 3 days. Said all it needed was water pump, thermostat, and some other things. Got most of it done then. Came up to $1551. Took it back a couple weeks later and got the remaining $500 worth of stuff done. Get a call saying theres $5000 more work that needs to be done. Huh? The whole time, from the beginning theres all this stuff wrong and they arent saying anything. 02 sensors, catalytic converters. All these codes were on the car originally. I have diagnostic print outs from two places before i went there. So, why did i pay for diagnostic and $2000? For no reason at all. They knew if they said how much it cost, i would not have the work done. Instead they have their 750 specialist say its only $2000, then after the work is done, they say its gonna be $5000. Theres no mechanic in this world that could miss all the leaks and problems going on with the car when you diagnosed it the first time. They are crooks!!! Do not take your car there!!
Dynamic Auto Tune T. from Dynamic Auto Tune responded on 10/31/2019

We politely and wholeheartedly disagree with you. We have never, and will never rip anyone off. Dynamic has a strong following due to our transparency , quality, value and expertise. As our reputation has found you - as we are considered the local specialist with all German vehicles, especially the BMWs.
The first visit 7/25/19 , the initial complaint was to diagnose why the vehicle did not sound as it was running correctly and another shop specifically told you to replace the crank position sensor. We found the water pump was mechanically failing and advised not to drive the vehicle unless it was repaired. We refused to test drive because there was potential of failure. It was that bad.  Also advised to diagnose the check engine light, abs light, and air bag light, as recommended on the reciept. Diagnosis for these issues were declined. Waterpump was an urgent repair - and was required to prevent mechanical failure while driving. Vehicle was repaired and left.
The second visit - 9 /18/ 19 - The concern was state inspection and as before the check engine light was on - We concentrated on the Check Engine Light - we found 2 pages of faults - which is extremely abnormal. Tech visually inspected and found some questionable repairs done to a valve cover and oil contaminating the eccentric shaft sensor. With the excessive amount of faults found - much could be attributed to this, although we wanted to be certain on the next step in the repair process.
The technician cleared the faults and performed a test drive to see which faults return immediately. As expected we found the faulty repair - causing many issues. The valve cover was currently leaking and had excessive sealant oozing, eccentric sensor contaminated with oil and damaged. Both required repair and replacement. Tech also found catalytic converters and oxygen sensor faults as well. Advised to repair valve cover leak / damaged eccentric sensor. Tech also found the ABS light was related to not reading road speed - required further diagnosis.

With 170k miles - the Catalytic converters are not a surprising repair. This was the point were it was either invest into the vehicle thousands of dollars in repairs, or part ways with the vehicle.

Understandable, the decision is to part ways. Cleveland, We hope you think of us in the future for any needs with German cars. Appreciate your feedback and value your time in writing this review.

WS
WALTER S.
BMW 318i
10/19/2019
Knowlegeable and thorough work on BMW engine
They found the hidden cause of the problem after a thorough check and fixed it.

AP

Fort Mill, SC
BMW Z4
10/15/2019
Headlights Install
Came in for headlights install. They took me in right away, customer service is second to none. Install was done promptly and efficiently. What I love about this team and that they take the time to listen and educate the customer on the issue at hand. This is by far the best car shop in town, I would not let any one else touch my car.

Recommending Dynamic Auto Tune to all my friends.

Matthew P.
North Carolina
Audi S4
10/15/2019 Category: Service
Matthew said he is happy with the work the business did. They were super easy to work with, got the work done on time and a great group of guys to work with.

BK
BRUCE K.
Indian Land, SC
Audi Q5
10/14/2019
Had to return 3 times after just an oil change
Oils change completed and left. Noticed none of the computer reminders and oil level system was reset so I returned. The computer was reset and I left. I then noticed the the light was on informing me that the the key was not in the car. Thankfully I noticed this before I turned the car off. So I returned to get my key. The next day I tried the oil level on the computer but it did not work so I returned. That was reset. I will say the young man at the front desk was very good and handled the situations as best as they could be handled. I had been to DAT before and was very satisfied but this time was a bust. I would not recommend you to a friend after this experience but I did after my first experience. I had a friend with me this time and he could not believe it.
Dynamic Auto Tune T. from Dynamic Auto Tune responded on 10/15/2019

Bruce - Glad we were able to speak on the phone. We appreicate all feedback and are focused not only on satisfaction, but improvment as well. We hope to earn your business again.

JASON M.
Matthews, NC
10/11/2019
Honest and Dependable!
I have always had a great experience when I bring my car in to DAT. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable and are always up for a conversation about cool cars. This past visit one of my golf clubs was broken while they were trying to access the battery in the trunk and the shaft broke. They came out and explained what happened, apologized and offered to cover the repairs for the club. This proved to me that the guys here are honest and put their customers first. The club fix is easy and relatively cheap to do but I am so blown away by their honesty I had to write a review. Will continue bring our cars in for life!!

WR
WAEL R.
10/04/2019
Fixed my var in best condition
I made a lot of repairment to my 335i
And they made a great job on it and i love how it drives now
Special thanks to andrew ted and alex

JANET M.
BMW Z3
10/02/2019
Z3 water pump repair
The water pump failed and Dynamic managed to fit my repair into their schedule at the beginning of a holiday weekend. I appreciated their efforts! Thank you, guys!

JEFF W.
Mercedes-Benz G550
09/30/2019
Another seemless experience
Just had to replace front brakes and rotors on the G550. They boys had the parts waiting and had me in and out in a very reasonable amount of time.

TR
THOMAS R.
Indian Trail, NC
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
09/28/2019
Friendly staff
Friendly pleasant staff. Always makes me feel comfortable as a women

Audi Coupe
09/27/2019
Superb
Dynamic team rocks! I will be back

SA
Shafir A.
Waxhaw, NC
09/25/2019 Category: Service
Shafir said the business always takes care of his vehicle with quality work.

GM
Gwyndolyn M.
Albemarle, NC
09/19/2019
Response To Your Email:
Yes, I left your company and did say anything because I am not a confrontational person. I have a Ph.D. in Education Administration and had a Management Consultant Firm for over 20 years. I was fortunate to be able to work to help many Fortune 500 companies and to also work in educational institutions.
I respectfully disagree with you saying you quoted me the price before you did the work. The price you quoted to me was $500.00 and I even said specifically while I was on the phone that I am on a budget since I live off of social security. I said to you that if I hadn't been able to get a decent price as you quoted $500.00, I would have had to leave my car sitting for a while until I could get the money. However, after I got to your company (yes, I had it towed) and I waited (yes, I enjoyed speaking with your clients and even laughing and joking with all of you. As I had stated on the first review that I felt blessed to have found your company). However, I was appalled and taken back when you came to me and basically shouted it was going to be $830.00. I told you that I didn't have $830.00 and you told me that I had better find it because I wasn't going to be able to drive my car...you had taken it apart or (it was fixed-paraphrase) but I wasn't going to be able to drive it and take it.
Even after I spoke to you, you said you would adjust the price. But you didn't. If you had honorable intentions, you would have gone right to that bill, made the adjustments to make certain that when I left, I was given the price you were going to adjust the bill to. Yes, I called you after I left because I was hurt and anger but I was determined you weren't going to get the best of me. I said to you that God is with me. Then you said you didn't know I had checked out. You then committed to fixing my car-free next time. I said well you say my car needs to have the oil leak fixed so I'll bring it back. The rest of what happened has been already ridden and said.
Now because of you, I am going to get negative reports on my credit. I told you on the phone that I live off of a fixed income ... I told you that if you hadn't given me a decent price $500.00, I would have to let my car sit for a while before getting it fixed.
The point is: you didn't care about me as your customer...I wasn't important to you.
I will let the people make their own decision but for me, you weren't fair to me. You put me in a bad bad situation. Even now, you are more concerned about yourself than being concerned about taking care of the customer.