Latest Review about 1 month ago

11/11/2019
I regularly use Ric for my regular maintenance as well as larger repairs. Ric and his team are knowledgeable and pleasant to work with and I highly recommend them.

10/31/2019
Great Mechanic
Took my Camry in for an oil change and they found some issues with the exhaust leaking that I had formerly taken to a dealer to fix. Obviously the dealer didn't fix it and what they did do to the exhaust was of such poor workmanship that I refuse to take it back to them, even for a free repair. I never have that trouble with Motorcar Alternatives. Very knowledgeable and honest about costs. I highly recommend them.
Ric M. from Motorcar Alternatives responded on 11/02/2019

Thank you Dave, We try to keep an eye out for anything that might ruin your driving experience.

Lana B.
10/29/2019
Best service out there!!!
My family has been seeing Ric for years and years. Always great service, great advice, fair pricing, honest repairs, and a friendly staff.
Ric M. from Motorcar Alternatives responded on 10/30/2019

Thanks Lana! We are always trying to be better than the day before.

Robyn C.
Allenstown, NH
Ram 2500
10/28/2019
Honestly and Reliable work
Personable to everyone who walks in. Honestly and reliable work on all vehicles. They make you feel at home instead of just some “ automotive shop”. Highly recommended.
Ric M. from Motorcar Alternatives responded on 10/29/2019

Thank you Robyn. Making people feel at home is our ultimate goal.

Michele B.
10/26/2019
As always...
As always, the quality of the work done, the professionalism of the staff and techs, and the expertise and friendliness of Ric and Wanda, make this the only place to go for auto needs. There is nothing I could suggest to improve upon their car perfection! Bringing our cars here is always enjoyable, even if our cars need work, because they never recommend anything that is not necessary. Thank you...
Ric M. from Motorcar Alternatives responded on 10/26/2019

Thank you Michelle. Always great to see you!

Donna L.
Webster, NH
Kia Sorento
10/18/2019
Highly recommend
Always great service, and always honest about what needs to be done. So happy I found a place I can trust to work on my car. Ric and Wanda are great!

Brian B.
10/18/2019
Fantastic Service
I brought my 2005 Camry in for a state inspection and tire rotation. I also had a part (oil pressure sensor) that I had bought previously, but didn’t have the special tool needed to install it. Of course Ric had it and put the part in for me! I also have an external TPMS on my tires, and Ric swapped those around to the correct positions when I was fully expecting to have to do that afterwards. He also spotted a leaky valve stem while moving the tires around and fixed that. I couldn’t be happier!
Ric M. from Motorcar Alternatives responded on 10/18/2019

Thanks Brian. I thought you might appriciate swapping those sensors over.

AW
Andrew W.
Lynnfield, MA
10/17/2019
FRIENDLIEST PEOPLE!!
I would 100% recommend motorcar alternative to anyone! They are reliable with everything! I loved being able to see the pictures of what exactly was wrong with my car! Wanda is the nicest lady ever and she’ll make sure that you are taken care of! Amazing work!!
Ric M. from Motorcar Alternatives responded on 10/18/2019

Thanks Andrew! Wanda has been with us a very long time and she knows her stuff!!

Mary B.
10/05/2019
Quality service with top notch customer service
I trust this place implicitly. I never have to worry about the quality of the work being performed. Even more than that it's a sense that everyone is there to do the best work possible for me. I value their advice and opinions. They share their knowledge willingly and I've learned a great deal about my car in particular and automotive things in general. It goes without saying that their customer service is outstanding. They really work with me to meet my needs and make it effortless in the process. There is simply no other place that I would take my car for service. And if that isn't enough, every time I drive by and read their sign I get a great chuckle that starts my day off with a smile.
Ric M. from Motorcar Alternatives responded on 10/05/2019

Mary, all I can say is, WOW. Thank you SOOOO much for one of the best reviews we've ever received. This really made my day.

10/05/2019
On the Road Again!
Taking into account my concerns for safety and economy, Wanda and Ric once again got me back on the road in a very timely manner. They treat my van as if it were their own.
Thanks, team Motorcar!

09/30/2019
They Did It Again!
Once again, doing whatever it takes to ensure optimum vehicle operation, safety, and a pleased customer is Standard Operating Procedure at Motorcar Alternatives. Thanks Jeff and Wanda. See you when snow flies.

Michele B.
Lincoln MKX
09/18/2019
As always...
As always, your staff goes above and beyond to offer great service. The quality of work, the most friendly staff combine to make Motorcar the only place to go for car care.

Jack B.
09/09/2019
Awesome and friendly service
Excellent service with reasonable labor rates

09/07/2019
Great Results
I love my minivan. Yep, love it. It’s just like me and starting to show signs of aging. Motorcar Alternatives is a great local shop that works with me and my budget to keep my van safe and in good working order. We are out of the manufacturer’s warranty and have zero need to bring my van to a dealership now that we have Motorcar Alternatives.

Staff is super personable, honest, and tells you how it is. I even had the use of a free loaner while my van was in for treatment. Love this shop!

Litchfield, NH
Nissan Frontier
09/06/2019
My first visit. Simple state inspection and tire rotation. Free loaner made the whole experience minimally impactful.

08/28/2019
Always improving service.
Ric is always sensitive to my concerns as a customer and treats me as a partner in the process of maintaining and servicing my vehicle.
We both gained something in today's visit.

I drove away with confidence in a job well done.

Toyota Tundra
08/23/2019
Power Steering Pump Repair
Took my 04 Tundra pickup to Motorcar Alternatives to investigate and fix a whining power steering pump. Turned out that the fluid was low due to a leaking pump hose assembly. Although I would have preferred to use Toyota parts, the cost was prohibitive, especially given the high mileage of the truck. We therefore used an aftermarket unit which was much cheaper and seems to be working fine. It took longer to install than I thought it would, but since they provided me with a loaner the entire time, it was no problem. The issue was fixed and I'm confident it was done right. They are a great mechanic for sure and very trustworthy. I recommend them to anyone who wants to take good care of their car.

Lauren M.
08/18/2019
Unparalleled customer service
It is rare to find good customer service, even more so to find actual sympathetic humans who are willing to go the extra mile to assure your experience is positive and genuine. Everything is thoroughly explained and prioritized to work in your favor. It is a pleasure doing business with them.
Ric M. from Motorcar Alternatives responded on 09/07/2019

Thank you Lauren for the humbling review.

Jeff L.
Ford Expedition
08/14/2019
Heater hose blues
Great customer service and repair knowledge!!

Robin G.
Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
08/14/2019
Fleet maintenance and service.
Motorcar Alternatives maintains our fleet of 7 company vehicles. We've been using them for many years and wouldn't consider trusting the safety of our vehicles and crew to anyone else.