Julie T.
04/09/2019 Category: Service
Julie said she was not happy with her last visit at this business. She took her son's vehicle down for a diagnostic, which they charged her $54 for. Her son had told them everything he thought was wrong with the vehicle, but this business told him it was something different. They told him his transfer case was ruined and his rear differential was out. However, when she took the vehicle to a second mechanic, she was told that the vehicle is a 2 wheel pickup and therefore does not have a transfer case and that the rear differential had never been looked at because the bolts had not been removed. She also said they told her they would get her son right in and right out. However, she took the vehicle in at 730 in the morning and did not get it back until 1 in the afternoon. The service was overpriced, she was not impressed and she will never go back.

Alexis M.
06/04/2015 Category: Service
Alexis said the business did a diagnostic. They told her they would call her before they charge her for any work. She had no idea there was a $60 diagnostic charge. The repairs that needed to be done cost too much. She would have never had her vehicle towed there if she knew that. She would not recommend this business for this reason.

James T.
Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue
06/11/2013 Category: Service
James said he took his vehicle to this business because of an oil leak. The first time he went in they repaired his oil pan gasket and it still leaked. On the second visit they repaired his crank shaft front seal, but the vehicle is still leaking. He needs to take the vehicle back in, but he has not had the time to go back. He will not recommend this business based on this experience. He said he wishes they had repaired it right the first time.

DAN B.
Pontiac Grand Prix
05/07/2013
Problem not fixed
After spending several hundred dollars they didn't fix problem. Won't be going back!
Dave K. from Mountain Home Car Care Center LLC responded on 05/17/2013
Hi Dan, Sorry yours had to be the one that just won't fail for us no matter what we did to it. Thanks for comming down for a test drive to get it to fail. I was glad to see it was not just us that could not break it. Intermittant problems are a real bummer. They cot both of us a lot of sleepless nights. Please dont give up on us our success rate is very high and I am stubbern enough to stick with it untill I get it right. GOD Bless you Dan.

A.
anon ..
Idaho Falls, ID
09/12/2012
HORRIBLE SERVICE
Mountain Home Car Care has taken over 3 weeks to fix my car, it was supposed to be done a week ago. I have already lost one of my jobs due to their incompetence. They also tried ripping me off by telling me my 4 cylinder vehicle had 16 spark plugs. This is a shady business with insensitive employees.
Dave K. from Mountain Home Car Care Center LLC responded on 09/13/2012
Miss Schmaljohn had her 1997 Acura Integra towed to my shop on 30 Augast. We diagnosed it needing a timming belt and water pump and possably a cylinder head rebuild due to bent valves. We called her with an estamate on the 31st of August. We called her and went over the estamate , she said she needed to contact a family member befor she could give us approval to proceed with repairs. We were givin authorization to fix the car on the 4th of september. We removed the cylinder head on the 5th of september and got it to the machine shop for repair the same day. We were told it would be a few days before we got it back. Wekept in touch with the customer throu the whole process. We contacted the machine shop on Monday the 10th for an update, He said he was waiting for 2 valves that were badly bent and had to be replaced. We spoke with the customers mother on the 11th and explaned to her the situation. She was very understanding. As for trying to rip her off with 16 spark plugs that was a slip of the toung, my service writer was talking about the valves and said spark plugs. This engine is a 16 valve dual overhead cam . For the time the vehicle has been in my shop we waited 5 days for authorization to repair and 8 days for the head to come back from the machine shop, today is the 13th and we still don't have the head back. We are not a shady business , we do everything in our power to give the customers the very best service at a fair price and in a timely manner. We have no control over parts suppliers and other outside interuptions. I am very sorry your car is broke and you lost a job because of it. But my shop is not the reason you lost your job and my employees have not been insensative. We have kept you informed throu this whole process and will continue to do so. Sencerly Dave Kellerman, Owner Mountain Home car Care Center

Matthew C.
Jeep Cherokee
08/21/2012 Category: Service
Mathew said Tim was very rude. He said the transmission they put in went out and now he has a leak somewhere in his vehicle. He took it back because there was still a knocking in his engine and they did not acknowledge the knocking. They wanted him to pay 1000 dollars again for them to put in another transmission after the one they originally put in went out. He said he took it to another business and all he had to do to repair his vehicle was buy a new part for only 15 dollars.
Dave K. from Mountain Home Car Care Center LLC responded on 08/23/2012
Lets tell the whole story Mathew. You showed up at my shop towed in by your buddy. You insisted we stop what we are doing and look at your jeep. Tim went out of his way to get me to stop what I was doingand have a look at your jeep. I climed under your jeep to check linkage and for leaking fluid the only thing i noticed was the shift linkage for the 4 wheel drive transfer case was not right and we would have to do futher diag to conferm the problem. We moved you ahead of other customers because you just had to have it right now. Futher diag showed a stripped spline in the transmission and that you needed another tranny. We quoted you a Jasper Reman and a used one out of a wrecking yard you chose the used one. Tim explanned the used one only came with a 180 day parts only warranty and you agreed to the terms. We installed the transmission and filled it with Valvoline Max Life full synthetic tranny fluid. Test drove it and it shifted good but was hard to engage the 4 wheel drive but it did engage. You picked up the jeep and returned it the next day said the 4 wheel drive was not working. I checked it out and showed you that it was just hard to engege but that it does work. You again left and came back again this time you said there was a knock in the engine and the transmission was leaking. I climbed under the jeep to listen to the motor and check the leak. the noise seems to be comming from the engine lower end but this was not confermed. The leak was comming from the transmission pan witch we did not remove. I showed this to Matthew and I checked the transmission fluid to make sure it was not low, it was full and very clean as it should be. Matthew left and came back again with the jeep covered in gumbo mud complaining the transmission would not go into gear. I checked it out and found the transmission was turning but the transfer case was not engaging the output shafts to the drive lines. I also noted the reason for the hard shift into 4 wheel drive. Turns out he had a lift kit installed and the person that installed it did not account for the alignment of the shift linkage for the transmission. I checked the transmission fluid and found it full of engine oil. when I showed it to you you said it was burned tranny fluid but when we showed you the engine oil looked and smelled the same you could not explain how it got there. There is no way for the fluids to cross mix. We told you we would have to flush the fluid out to protect the transmission and his warranty. We also stated we would have to remove the transfer case to determine what was wrong with it. We quoted you $987.00 for a used transfer case and the flush and filter kit . This included all parts, labor, and diag time. You chose to take the jeep to another shop and that is fine. You were treated very fair and Tim was ferm with you about the warranty but not rude. Sencerly, Dave Kellerman, Owner

ID
04/17/2012 Category: Service
Melvin said the representative he spoke with did not want to do anything about his dissatisfaction. He was charged 3 times the price of the parts he could get elsewhere and the labor cost was outrageous for the short time it took to install the parts. Nothing was accomplished with the communication with a representative.

04/17/2012 Category: Service
Dave K. from Mountain Home Car Care Center LLC responded on 05/14/2012
I am sorry we could not please you Mr. Martin. I work very hard to please all my customers, However I know I can't please everyone. As for the price you were quoted it was right out of mitchell flat rate. Parts margine was below the reccomended mark up. I know it seams very exspensive and I am very concerned about the pricing. I try to have my employees work with customers the best they can. If I know there is a conflict I will step in and work it out with all parties. I am not the cheepest in town but I do offer the best warrant, the most varried capabilaties and equipment to service your vehicle needs and I personally stand behind every thing that goes out of my doors. With me you might pay a little more but you get a lot more in return. I hope you have completed the reccomended repairs and your vehicle is running good. GOD bless you Melvin. P/S If you would like to sit down and disscuss this issue I would like to chat with you.

ID
04/09/2012 Category: Service

04/09/2012 Category: Service
Melvin said that he was overcharged on everything. Due to this reason he wouldn't recommend this business to others.
Dave K. from Mountain Home Car Care Center LLC responded on 04/11/2012
This statement is very miss leading. Mr. Martin brought his ford ranger in for a diagnostic for runs rough and check engine light is on. we diagnosed it as needing an injector flush and the 0-2 sensor needed to be replaced . We gave him an estimate for repairs of $273.27. This included parts and labor. All of this was discussed befor any repairs were started. Mr. Martin declined repairs and paid only the diagnostic charge. I might mention that Mr. Martin had this vehicle at another shop and they told him his 0-2 sensor was bad also . This was befor he brought he brought it to us for futher diag. I am sorry we could not satisfy your needs . To stay in business we must make a profit, and if customers buy there own parts we can not stay in business. Thank you for your comments . Have a great day. Dave Kellerman, Owner