Julie T.
04/09/2019 Category: Service
Julie said she was not happy with her last visit at this business. She took her son's vehicle down for a diagnostic, which they charged her $54 for. Her son had told them everything he thought was wrong with the vehicle, but this business told him it was something different. They told him his transfer case was ruined and his rear differential was out. However, when she took the vehicle to a second mechanic, she was told that the vehicle is a 2 wheel pickup and therefore does not have a transfer case and that the rear differential had never been looked at because the bolts had not been removed. She also said they told her they would get her son right in and right out. However, she took the vehicle in at 730 in the morning and did not get it back until 1 in the afternoon. The service was overpriced, she was not impressed and she will never go back.

Constance S.
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Constance said there were no service lights on in her vehicle before she came to this business. She was quoted and paid $800 for her power steering and a couple rods. When she came in to pick it up, her vehicle had a service light and a seat belt light on. She took the vehicle back for second visit and was told she had to pay an additional $300 to address her concerns.

Jared S.
09/03/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Theresa. She said they made an appointment and was there a very long time because they had the wrong oil and she had to wait for somebody to go get it and bring it back.

PP
Phillip P.
Ford Crown Victoria
08/26/2016 Category: Service
Phillip said his experience was terrible. He went in early in the morning to drop off the vehicle for service. The vehicle wasn't done until later that evening. He said he is upset that the vehicle hadn't been seen until later that evening. The service has taken too long for something so simple.

LH
Linda H.
03/07/2016 Category: Service
Linda said the business did not fix her vehicle correctly the hose in her vehicle has a leak because they did not put it on correctly.

TT
Tyler T.
Noblesville, IN
Dodge Dakota
08/24/2015 Category: Service
Tyler said the service at this business was good. They were polite and knew what they were talking about but he had to go to another business because they could not provide the answer needed for his questions.

Alexis M.
06/04/2015 Category: Service
Alexis said the business did a diagnostic. They told her they would call her before they charge her for any work. She had no idea there was a $60 diagnostic charge. The repairs that needed to be done cost too much. She would have never had her vehicle towed there if she knew that. She would not recommend this business for this reason.

BOB M.
Grand View, ID
Toyota Tundra
04/12/2014
Not
It took 2hours for oil service normal is 30to 40 min.the cost was good at $31 but I had a $15 discount coupon so if I hadn't had that it would have been $46 for that service that's $10 more than thrifty auto I will stay with them

CP
Christopher P.
Mitsubishi Galant
03/25/2014 Category: Service
Christopher said this business took forever to get the part for his vehicle. Once they got his vehicle fixed they broke something off of it.
Dave K. from Mountain Home Car Care Center LLC responded on 03/28/2014

This statement is true. It did take a long time to get the part for Christophers car. That was not my fault as christopher requested I get a new intake manifold vrs a used one and it went on backorder for a few days. That was my reccomendation as the used ones have the same problems as the old one off his car. That being said We started right to work on his car as soon as we got the part, . In the process of removing the vacume line on the fuel pressure regulator the metal line cracked at the solder joint. I found another one and replaced it at no cost to the customer. My shop made sure that everything was fixed properly. I am very sorry that we were unable to satisfy your exspectations. We make every effort to take good care of our customers.  Thank you for your imput. I will make adjustments to our procedures to help prevent this in the future.

Sencerly.
Dave Kellerman, Owner

Kelly M.
Mountain Home Afb, ID
MINI Cooper
10/17/2013 Category: Service
Kelly said she authorized certain repairs. They did the requested repairs, but chose to do others as well and charged for the additional repairs without prior authorization.
Dave K. from Mountain Home Car Care Center LLC responded on 10/21/2013

Kelly is absolutely correct. We had to do additional work to her car that was not in the original quote. There was a lot of exspense in the additional work and should have been approved prior to continuing. However the work had to be done as part of the job we were contracted to do. This additional work was necessary to do the job right. Parts and labor for the additiona work was about 600 dollars over the bid. I reducedd her cost by that ammount and she got a great deal @ an outstanding price. Thank you kelly for your review.

Dave Kellerman, Owner

James T.
Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue
06/11/2013 Category: Service
James said he took his vehicle to this business because of an oil leak. The first time he went in they repaired his oil pan gasket and it still leaked. On the second visit they repaired his crank shaft front seal, but the vehicle is still leaking. He needs to take the vehicle back in, but he has not had the time to go back. He will not recommend this business based on this experience. He said he wishes they had repaired it right the first time.

DAN B.
Pontiac Grand Prix
05/07/2013
Problem not fixed
After spending several hundred dollars they didn't fix problem. Won't be going back!
Dave K. from Mountain Home Car Care Center LLC responded on 05/17/2013
Hi Dan, Sorry yours had to be the one that just won't fail for us no matter what we did to it. Thanks for comming down for a test drive to get it to fail. I was glad to see it was not just us that could not break it. Intermittant problems are a real bummer. They cot both of us a lot of sleepless nights. Please dont give up on us our success rate is very high and I am stubbern enough to stick with it untill I get it right. GOD Bless you Dan.

TC
TIM C.
11/21/2012
Unhappy
It took three different services before the jeep was diagnost correctly. We were charged over $1700 for a problem/part that was $650 and took 1/2 to put in. Was inconvenienced, overcharged, and unhappy. Vehicle runs now without dying but now is idling wrong.
Dave K. from Mountain Home Car Care Center LLC responded on 11/24/2012
The first time this jeep came in the complaint was enging wouold just die while driving. It was an intermittant problem and could not be duplicated by any special test, it would just die randomly. We spent 1 hour time diagnosing the complaint, ran a scan on the pcm for codes and found code p0351 for ignition coil cercute failed. tested coil seemed a little week so we changed it. retested and code did not come back on. Customer picked up jeep and drove it home. Some time later they drove it out into the Owyhee desert and it ran good out but on the way back it died again. They brought it back and again we were unable to duplicate the problem however the check engine light was on and again code p0351 was back. We checked for bad connections st the PCM , crank and cam sensors and looked at the wave forms for all three every thing was within specs. Cleaned all connections and applied stabilant22 to the pins incase it was a connection. Charged another 1 hour of diag time and asked customer to drive the jeep and see if this made any differance. Customer brought the jeep back and was very angry tat it was not fixed. I told her we would figure it out. We spent almost another 24 hours diagnosing the complaint. At about 7 hours in to the process we were able to get it to act up but as soon as it died it would restart and run fine. We hooked up every peice of diagnostic equipment we have and continued to track down the problem. What we found was the coil driver in the PCM was droping out and not sending a signal to fire the ignition coil. We ran this test over and over to make sure it was not a bad power or ground that was causing the failure. We condemend the PCM and replaced it the problem has not happened again. We only charged 3 hours diagnostic time and .6 hour to replace the part. The key to this complaint is the randomness of the occurance. Without being able to duplicate the problem it was impossible to condem anything and fix the problem. I wish we could have found the problem sooner but that is the nature of intermittant failures. as for the jeep not idleing right I have not herd from the cusstomer concerning that. I would be happy to look at it , no charge. Tim I understand your frustration but please understand both sides of this story. I don't tyhink you could have gotten it fixed anywhere else for less money or any faster. Dave Kellerman, Owner Mountain Home Car Care Center

CP
Chris P.
Mtn Home, ID
Mitsubishi 3000GT
10/09/2012 Category: Service
Chris said he was very frustrated with this business. He had to take his vehicle back 3 times for the repair. It also cost him $1,500. So far, it appears to be running okay. Due to his experience, he would not be recommending them to anyone. They have a sign stating they are experts in foreign vehicles. Apparently, they could not fix his on the first visit. He wonders what their definition of foreign means.
Dave K. from Mountain Home Car Care Center LLC responded on 10/23/2012
Your car came to us not running. This was an intermittant problem and they can be very hard to diagnose. Each time your car left my shop it was running fine. We could have thrown a bunch of very exspensive parts at it the first time thru but we don't change parts unless we can prove them bad. This car had wireing problems, a bad crank sensor and finally a bad cam sensor. I don't know why they did not all show bad at the same time but rest assured we spent far more time on this vehicle than what was billed to the customer. I can only hope you see the value in what was done. Thanks for your comments dave

A.
anon ..
Idaho Falls, ID
09/12/2012
HORRIBLE SERVICE
Mountain Home Car Care has taken over 3 weeks to fix my car, it was supposed to be done a week ago. I have already lost one of my jobs due to their incompetence. They also tried ripping me off by telling me my 4 cylinder vehicle had 16 spark plugs. This is a shady business with insensitive employees.
Dave K. from Mountain Home Car Care Center LLC responded on 09/13/2012
Miss Schmaljohn had her 1997 Acura Integra towed to my shop on 30 Augast. We diagnosed it needing a timming belt and water pump and possably a cylinder head rebuild due to bent valves. We called her with an estamate on the 31st of August. We called her and went over the estamate , she said she needed to contact a family member befor she could give us approval to proceed with repairs. We were givin authorization to fix the car on the 4th of september. We removed the cylinder head on the 5th of september and got it to the machine shop for repair the same day. We were told it would be a few days before we got it back. Wekept in touch with the customer throu the whole process. We contacted the machine shop on Monday the 10th for an update, He said he was waiting for 2 valves that were badly bent and had to be replaced. We spoke with the customers mother on the 11th and explaned to her the situation. She was very understanding. As for trying to rip her off with 16 spark plugs that was a slip of the toung, my service writer was talking about the valves and said spark plugs. This engine is a 16 valve dual overhead cam . For the time the vehicle has been in my shop we waited 5 days for authorization to repair and 8 days for the head to come back from the machine shop, today is the 13th and we still don't have the head back. We are not a shady business , we do everything in our power to give the customers the very best service at a fair price and in a timely manner. We have no control over parts suppliers and other outside interuptions. I am very sorry your car is broke and you lost a job because of it. But my shop is not the reason you lost your job and my employees have not been insensative. We have kept you informed throu this whole process and will continue to do so. Sencerly Dave Kellerman, Owner Mountain Home car Care Center