4.5

Overall Rating 1.7/5Overall Rating 1.7/5Overall Rating 1.7/5Overall Rating 1.7/5Overall Rating 1.7/5

Barnum, MN
Volkswagen Golf
01/16/2020 Category: Sales
2011 Volkswagon Golf TDI
We had a great experience working with our sales person, Trevor. He listened to our requests and the sales manager was also very helpful and honest with us as well. The car we bought was not "new" by all means and it needed some work. They got it into the shop right away and by the next week the car was done. I've been very happy with it since. We now own 2 Volkswagon TDIs and our experience with Northstar was a far better one that what we got at Volkswagon of Duluth a year ago with my husband's 2015 Passat.

People
The people are great to deal with

Ford Expedition EL
Great Oil Change
Quick service, about 45 minutes-- granted there wasn't a wait. Great price. At checkout, a female explained my service and things to watch out for that may need fixing soon. So refreshing having the explanation from a female, she made me feel comfortable and explained it so I could understand. Will definitely return!!

Superior, WI
2018 Ford F-150 Repair
Took my truck in for a knocking noise when in 4WD high. Technician found and replaced a failed part that was causing this problem. During the test drive the technician heard a growling sound. It was then discovered that a gear in the transfer case had a broken fin. This was determined to have been caused by a flaw in the casting. Numerous parts were ordered and the repair completed. All of the repairs were covered by the warranty. It took a little longer than normal to complete the repairs due to multiple shipping of parts and actual labor all occurring during the Christmas holiday. Because of this, a loaner 2019 F-150 was provided free of charge. I was extremely happy with their work and the service department staff were extremely helpful and courteous.

BD
BARRY D.
Superior, WI
Ford Flex
01/13/2020 Category: Service
Warranty work done quickly and accurately
I was sad to learn that my Ford Flex needed a new tie rod after only 35,000 miles. I was much happier after Northstar did the repairs and presented me with a bill that was fully paid. I was there for less than two hours total. Best of all, my Flex is back in the pink, which makes me happy.

Saginaw, MN
01/11/2020 Category: Service
Slow service
I needed a few warranty issues taken care of, took over a week to get them done.

Alissa S.
01/08/2020 Category: Service
Alissa said the service was inexpensive.

Thomas M.
01/08/2020 Category: Service
Thomas said the business does have good customer service.

ZC
Zachary C.
01/08/2020 Category: Service
Zachary said he had no complaints with this business.

Jordan, MN
Ford Expedition
01/07/2020 Category: Service
Good
Stuff

REID G.
Do Your Own Brakes If You Can
Why does the cost of having a simple service done equal the cost of labor?
Nearly $400 in someone pulling wheels off and putting new pads/rotors on is telling the customer to bend over and take it.
Doesn’t help that no one told me the cost over the phone when I made the appointment, and to. Top it off, when I arrived at 6pm that night, the young guy behind the counter held the order total on his side of the counter and asked me to put my card in without telling me the cost.
When I asked what the cost was, stuttered and spoke under his breath, as if he knew it was absurd.

An absolute fuck-the-customer of an appointment.

TR
TERESA R.
Ford Edge
01/07/2020 Category: Service
A place I don’t dread going back to!
Oil changes are the worst! Really, any auto repair or maintenance is just the pits for me. This was only my second visit, but so far everything has been wonderful! I’ve had a scheduled appointment for both oil changes. I show up before my appointment and check in. The waiting area is comfortable, and everyone is friendly. My oil changes were completed in a timely manner and I’m was given updates through text message app as needed.
While waiting I’ve watched other customers also receive help. My last visit, someone had a issue and staff were more concerned about helping them out then billing them out. The customers requests were small, and easily accommodated by staff and it made me feel good about giving my business to a great group.

CJ
Chakotay J.
01/06/2020 Category: Service
Chakotay said he likes the staff.

ALLEN S.
Foxboro, WI
01/04/2020 Category: Service
Explore
Treated excellent very punctual on on time! Any personnel that that I have had contact with have been very courteous!

DENISE B.
Two Harbors, MN
Ford Edge
01/03/2020 Category: Service
Front Desk TLC
The young lady working the front desk deserves a BIG raise. She was alone on a busy Monday morning and cheerfully juggled about a dozen check-ins, check-outs plus the phone all at once.