Latest Review about 1 month ago

Mindy H.
Lakewood, WA
10/27/2018
Just don't
To my fellow car shopppers, to make a long story short....just DON'T! Friendliness they are full of. Con artist BSers, they are ABSOLUTELY full of! There are 100s of used car dealerships around. ANY one of them has to be better than this place! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE CON ARTISTS!!!

I am not writing this because I was turned down for a loan. I actually have great credit and was able to drive away with my vehicle the same day I went in with only putting $55 down. Thus begins the ongoing nightmare.....

My husband and I saw a Jeep on their website on 7-6-18. We went to check it out. It looked great! We were lied to from the time we walked in! We were told it had A/C and it just needed "recharging". The tire light kept coming on. NO PROBLEM! We'll fix that, too! I have the papers stating this.

Turns out the Jeep NEVER had A/C! My husband and I "fixed" the light for the "low tire" pressure. BTW, we just had to buy new tires for the Jeep.....because it was obviously just a light that they NEVER fixed!

The more I kept pressing the points, up to threatening to call the BBB and making whatever reports I could, I still didn't warrant a return cal! I called daily and demanded to speak to a "manager". Good luck with that! I spoke to several people. None of which knew anything! I finally got a call back from Jim Steele! Wow! What a great guy! He's the GM. Nice southern accent, reassuring me that he's going to look into my "situation" because of my threats and he's going to make it right! His solution? He fired the "supervisor" because he should've known better than to promise to recharge an A/C that didn't exist! Okay....good. I was thinking that Jim Steele was a great guy! He gave Me his personal #. He'd be there to answer my questions and concerns. Guess what?!? Once he could get rid of Me, he did.

I was given the option to return the Jeep, screwing my credit or trade it in for another vehicle that they have. Let's see.....I demanded a similar Jeep. 45K miles or less, A/C, a refund for the alarm system I paid to have installed. OF COURSE they had nothing comparable! In the mean time, they ran My credit TWICE! I don't know if they lost the paperwork or what happend.....but I LOST 14 CREDIT POINTS because of their bullshit! When I asked them about it? No one knows why! They don't have a remedy for me to get my points back. "Just wait 2 years and those points will go away." Um, what?!? Daniel in finance also didn't find it important to let the loan company know that I paid them! Good thing I looked into it or my first payment would've been late because of their BS/incompetence again!

I chose to keep my Jeep because I love her. Despite the despicable, deceptive and down-right disgusting practices that Parkland Auto Center has shown.

I was also told that I was to receive a 2nd set of keys when I picked up my plates. NEVER happened! When I texted Jim Steele, he asked if a key master could contact me directly. Of course! I still do NOT have a second key and Jim Steele no longer responds to me.

I was also asked what my "problem" was, why I had a support animal. AGAINST the LAW to ask! I was told that maybe I should be willing to explain to the employees why I have a support animal. Again, not my job to explain to your employees what is against the law!

If you are considering these snakes, rethink it! There's 100s of other used car places that will screw you as good as these guys!

WB
Walter B.
Puyallup, WA
08/28/2018
Buyer Beware
Think slime. Think sleaze. Think lemon. It would be beneficial for you as a consumer to look elsewhere as there are several other less shady options on the same street. I made a poor decision doing business with this dealership, and trusting that they were going to follow through with the agreed repairs. After being given the run around for a month I finally got my car into "their shop". I was told the due bill expired after they found out it was going to be $2800 to fix, they "needed authorization" after 5 days of phone calls I went into the dealership and they offered to "split the cost because the due bill has expired." Buyer beware.

Marty G.
Lakewood, WA
04/09/2018
Good experience
I had a real good time looking for a vehicle for my daughter, she's turning 16 in a couple of months. The car sales woman , msgoenett Howe she was an excellent sales rep for parkland auto center very good representation , I.found a car for my daughter that I know she would love and the best thing. Is that it fits my budget. Thank you Ms Howe.for the awesome experience , ill be sending friends and family there . ill give you 5 stars
Marty G

WM
WILLIAM M.
Tacoma, WA
12/04/2017
Great Dealership, Great Deal on Truck
Great Local Dealership/Business, keeping the local economy alive. Their business has thrived. Where other's have failed. Had a stellar experience with Salesman Jeremy Patchell. Bought a beautiful well maintained Chevrolet Avalanche. And couldn't be happier with the help of this team. In handling my sale. Would wholeheartedly recommend this Dealership whose been in business in the same place for Decades !
Thanks Again, Parkland Auto Center, and Jeremy Patchell !

CR
Cameron R.
Spanaway, WA
03/22/2016
Great to build your credit with or if you're a first-time buyer
Through my own research I found out Parkland Auto Center had a manual Chevy Cruze in their inventory. I sent out an email through their website asking for more information on the car. I was hyped when I got a call back from Jason saying to come in and check it out. I was greeted very professionally at the front desk (always am) as I met my dealer. He grabbed me the set of keys, drove the car up to the front for me, let me inspect everything, and we went on a test drive. Everything checked out perfect and on the road we discussed business, politics, and life choices. This was the first car I mastered stick shift in so she felt right for me. Jason understood where I was coming from and did his best to help me in any way he could. So I went in and offered my down payment, thinking the vehicle was within my price range. I later found out, in order for the policy to grant me all time low payments I would need to finance a cheaper vehicle. Mind you, he gave me plenty of time to think long and hard about my decision and gave me plenty of options to choose from. I was dead set on the Cruze, but it was unrealistic for me to pay it off. I liked the sound of building my credit with a reliable 4-cylinder more than struggling to work off the turbo diesel. I eventually made my decision on an '04 Sentra with an extremely low interest rate. They let me choose the date in which I would have the complete down payment by and it worked out seamlessly. I enjoy commuting with it as it came with it's own advantages as compared to the Cruze so I'm not complaining. Overall I was satisfied with my purchase and the customer service.

j p.
Spanaway, WA
01/09/2016
never go there
Will never go in there again if there was a negative stars I would give them all -5 , how does this place stay in business. They treat u all nice at 1st then all of a sudden hey we want u to fill out paperwork for 3 hours , then to tell u your credit isn't that great when u know your score , they demand more money out of u n refuse to take your trade in for average cost of the trade blame the customer for there poor choice in a trade in, also telling the customer how they are helping them get out of there beater car while trying to sell them a lower quality car with bald tires that are not even street legal rust on the hood that was just repainted, rips in the seats, mind u they are refusing to negotiate the price on the vehicle because they tell the customer I'm asking the same price that I paid for it (bull crap) most lots get there cars from dealer auctions most people know that come on guys , also u never tell the customer that if u don't take the deal you are jacking the price up $3000 because it was a mistake on the vehicle. if u need a car go to many other dealerships in the area shop around , also a sign of a bad lot is that if the salesman runs up to your car before u get put of it.

JAMIE K.
Tacoma, WA
FORD EXPLORER
11/14/2013 Category: Sales
awesome place
These guys are great they help me so much im as ingle mom raising 2 kids by mysrlf and i needed a car for me and my family these guys well robert and drew workedvery hard and after 3 weeks.theyhad me a vehicle. Thank you allso much for helping a mom in need jamie

MT

Wenatchee, WA
HONDA CR-V
10/15/2013 Category: Sales
Easy
Down to earth staff and in and out easily.

CL
CARMEN L.
Gig Harbor, WA
FORD F-150
09/25/2013 Category: Sales
awesome people treat u like family :)
Will go above and beyond for u love them