4.5

Overall Rating 1.5/5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5

Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
11/08/2019 Category: Sales
Wonderful experience
Mike was absolutely amazing! Made me feel like family and an easy process!

KARALEE S.
Toyota Matrix
11/06/2019 Category: Sales
No pressure, no hassles
Danny was great to work with, there was no pressure and he made the process very easy. He was professional, knowledgeable and everything went smoothly. I appreciated his honesty and his friendly demeanor. I would recommend reaching out to Danny if you are in the market for a used car.

10/31/2019 Category: Sales
Fantastic
I am extremely pleased with my purchase, great team, great people, great vehicles. I would highly reccomend this lot to others!

KENNETH M.
Omak, WA
10/25/2019 Category: Sales
Used car needed significant repairs
We recently purchased a car from this business. The sales process was good, moved quickly and we were in and out the door in a timely manner. We live in Eastern Washington, so after buying the car we had to drive it four hours to get home. Instead we ended up driving it to the nearest repair shop. Coming over Blewett pass the car lost power, the engine light started blinking and we just barely made it over the pass. Later in the trip we had to stop and put three quarts of oil into the car after the oil light started coming on and no oil registered on the dip stick. After looking over the car our mechanic made a long list of things it needed, including a new radiator, because the current one was cracked, front end brakes, valve work, etc. etc. I am not a mechanic, so had no way of knowing all the mechanical issues I was buying along with the car, but I assume Rich's would have the means to check a used car before they sell it for major issues. Since the car is used I know we agreed to buy it "as is", but I think a good business would try to make sure that "as is" will not cost their customers and additional $1200+ when they take one of their cars off the lot.
PS. If Rich's actually pays attention to these reviews and offers to make this right, I will gladly delete this review and write a new one.

PW
PATRICK W.
Marysville, WA
Volkswagen Passat
10/24/2019 Category: Sales
No pressure at all
The staff was helpful and didn't follow me around forcing cars on me.

MJ
MARY J.
Everett, WA
10/21/2019 Category: Sales
Repeat Customer!
I came to Rich's Car Corner 12 years ago and purchased a Dodge Caravan. Just recently my van started to need repairs. So I decided to retire her. So of course the first place I thought of for a new vehicle was Rich's! I had such a wonderful experience before that I had to return. And I was not disappointed. I worked with Danny who was informative, easy-going but straight-forward. I appreciated his input on each vehicle I looked at. I decided on the Ford Explorer. What a dream to drive! I hope this vehicle will give me at least another 12 years like my van. But if I need something else, I know I can count on Rich's Car Corner. Excellent customer service, experienced personnel, relaxed atmosphere. Thank you Danny!

ANNA B.
Gig Harbor, WA
10/18/2019 Category: Sales
Great experience
Friendly, professional and not out to waste your time. The car I purchased was in good condition. Would definitely buy from there again.

SA
SANDRA A.
Arlington, WA
Chevrolet Colorado
10/18/2019 Category: Sales
No pressure experience
Eaze of looking around and test driving without any pressure. Comfort with the sales rep.

Federal Way, WA
Nissan Murano
10/17/2019 Category: Sales
Fabulous experience
We have purchased multiple vehicles from this lot and every time it has been a great experience and quality vehicles.

10/17/2019
Rescore - Reply to Richard S.
Richard - First I'd like to thank you for your time following up on our review(s). Let's start with the top. We'd like to have all the receipts Rich's has for the work done, for our records if nothing else. I mentioned that the top is a PAIN to latch down. The posts in the top of the windshield don't match up, either front to back or side to side. You have to muscle it in place. Ron informed us that their 'interior guy' installed the new top. We're not sure how many convertible tops he/she has installed in the past, but it doesn't sound like it was done by a specialist in convertible top replacement. We have had our new tops installed in the past by such a specialist and while they were 'tight' in the beginning, the top still lined up and required only a minimal amount of effort to latch down. Additionally, I have a text message from Ron that relative to the new top and he states unequivocally "there's nothing I can do for you you need to keep working at top to have it stretched out I guess" . Now we are willing to give the top a chance to stretch; and we plan to have the top motor replaced by Convertibles Only ($540 - not bad) and likewise have them assess the top in general. It seals up nicely once it's latched - there is no leakage. The first few times raising the top was SLOW and now you have to assist manually pulling the top up some. Sounds like a motor issue (unconfirmed at this writing - but what else could it be?) We'll deal with it ourselves and we did buy their ASC 6 month warranty, that may or may not apply here (it covers a max of $1000 for various issues and it cost us $508 - duh)

Moving on, there's something askew in the electrical system, possibly as simple as fuse replacement …. however, the horn doesn't honk, no lights come on when the doors are opened, no light in the trunk etc. Some weird idiosyncrasies electrically. That said, in my opinion, the best part is the dumb key in ignition beeper doesn't beep when the door is opened and the key in the ignition - are those things annoying or what? Anyway, these are minor issues at this point, electrical issues in cars can be a real bugger diagnosing and I'd use an auto electric repair facility for sure.

They did repair the engine issues, to Rich's credit, at no charge.... duh.... but I'll say generally, it appears they did little to make this car more 'presentable'. I'll agree this is a 2001 Mustang GT and to be expected to have some blemishes - and the price was reasonable for sure, BUT we would have paid another $500+ to buy the car - mu advice would have been to fix these little issues and raise the selling price somewhat. The Carfax history is quite positive - local Kenmore owner, but it's interesting reading, especially between reading between the lines.

Overall I'd rate our experience with Ron & Rich's as positive - it's disappointing somewhat that they failed to pay attention to the little details of the car's general condition/serviceability that would have turned this 3-Star rating to a 5-Star rating and above.

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." …. Theodore Roosevelt

10/12/2019
Rich’s Car Corner is like the postman, they both deliver, except they missed us
OK folks, we bought a 2001 Mustang GT convertible {80k miles}, to replace my 1996 Mustang GT convertible we'd owned for 15 YEARS. We had a new top installed on this 96 Mustang at Convertibles Only, we are familiar with new convertible tops (we've had a 1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible for longer) AND ADD, we are familiar with convertibles in general. Now Rich's must not have driven, this car or they'd have known there was an engine problem {or didn't care}, which to their credit they fixed. Did we get any type of documentation? NO, but it seems to have been fixed. (Aside, I had the car checked with our shop and they detailed the deficiencies)
This car is a CONVERTIBLE and Ron, our salesman, was totally unfamiliar with the term 'boot' when I asked if the car had one. 'No boots' was his response - I informed him that the term is singular, not plural.... I mentioned that the new top seems hard to deal with - the top and it's 'posts' in where it should clamp into don't match up. And the top motor is SLOW. So today (10/12/2019) the top would not come up, the motor would barely function AND finally, with my wife's help we got the top up. My recent communications with Ron tonight - 1. he claims to have a mustang convertible himself, BUT how can anyone with a convertible not know what a 'boot' is? I ask you. 2. he said to bring it in and he'd demonstrate to a top goes up and down. A method we are all too familiar with. 3. he said tough sh*t, there is nothing he could do. I'll ask you, is this the type of car sales you'd like to do biz with. Lastly, they offer a warranty thru ASC, we were stupid from a risk management perspective, the 'warranty' while it covers a lot of items, the maximum dollar amount they cover is, GASP, $1000. Both the Three & Six Month 'warranties' cover a MAX of $1000. What did the Six Month Warranty cost us? $508. Yes,we paid half of the total amount of coverage in premiums. Did Rich's Car Corner and Ron mention this? NO, NO, NO Ron did not. Using email and/or text messages provides a written documentary proof for any discrepancies that can occur with phone conversations. Keep that in mind with any important communiques....But don't despair future car buyers, this is only the opening chapter in this horrid story.....
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 10/17/2019

We told him to bring it in. My understanding was they were having trobule latching the top down, which happens on a new top because they are tight until the top streches a bit.

We have the receipts of work we did at no charge for customer. If the top doesnt want to go up from a folded postion this is a different issue, which we can look at. The last time he was in we showed him how to latch the top. If there is a different issue we can help. thanks for reading!

Lopez Island, WA
Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
10/10/2019 Category: Sales
Lackluster experience
I inquired about 2 cars through the website, Mike responded asking when I was going to come look, I responded that I would be there on Saturday. I arrived mid day Saturday and neither car had been pulled for me to look at. We waited 20 mins for Car #1 which had to have the battery replaced since it wouldn’t start. In the mean time Mike sent a kid to a far lot to pull Car #2 while waiting for either car in the rain I found Car#2 buried 5 cars deep. Why ask me when I’m coming to view cars if you not going to be prepared? I’m not going to leave a glowing review for wasting my time.
Additionally I did by Car#1 and was horrified to arrive home and discover that I was allowed to drive off the lot with a burnt out brake light...thanks for that.

10/03/2019
Rich’s Car Corner is like the postman, they both deliver ….
And Ron Oak is your best mailman … We were looking for a specific type vehicle
which Rich’s had on their lot (cars.com) and Ron responded quickly. We were upfront about our current financial situation and he assured us it would not be a problem.

Long story short, everyone at Rich’s are friendly, and Ron is super. There were a couple minor mechanical issues which Ron got taken care of in one day. He was 100% spot on and delivered us a very fine automobile with payments in our wheelhouse ...

We say Kudos to Ron; Kudos to Rich’s ….. It’s TWO THUMBS UP!

TW
TROY W.
Lynnwood, WA
Volkswagen EuroVan
09/19/2019 Category: Sales
friendly, not a lot of pressure
Was a nice experience. Ended up buying a vehicle and I'm happy with it so far.

JN
Jangel N.
Lacey, WA
08/30/2019
Awesome place to buy your car
Came with to get me a car with terrible credit and they help me get a better car than the once I was tryna get with good and fast service. Amazing customer service and friendly people.

JOEL C.
Lynnwood, WA
Toyota MR2 Spyder
08/23/2019 Category: Sales
Great service and accomodations
Went in knowing what I wanted and they made it super fast, easy and as painless as possible! I told them how I wanted my purchase process to turn out and I walked out happy. They did their very best to meet my needs and requirements!

RO

Francisco S.
Federal Way, WA
08/10/2019
Great Experience
I had a great experience working with Ron Oak. He was very patient, he let me check out the cars I wanted. He kindly responded to all my questions and he was very patient.

DOUGLAS S.
Birch Bay, WA
Honda Civic Cpe
08/08/2019 Category: Sales
Honest
Very nice to deal with. No dragging out the process of buying a car. Honesty.

SF
SARA F.
Marysville, WA
Dodge Neon
08/08/2019 Category: Sales
Good experience
We came to Rich's because they had several cars that we wanted to look at. I went online and was preapproved for financing. Danny was very helpful. We test drove a few cars and chose an older Neon with really low miles. With any used car, there are always issues. We found one with the instrument panel and it needs new tires, but seems to run well.