4.5

Astride B.
Maple Valley, WA
03/20/2020
The worst deal ever
I have bought a nissan versa and 3 months later the transmission went out. And the warranty could not even cover it. That's a $1500 I'll have to pay out of pocket. I'm very disappointed.

Seattle, WA
Buick Century
11/30/2019 Category: Sales
Creepy salesmen bad cars
Bought a car from a man named Jim years ago and it was a great experience so I went back. Big mistake. The service was horrible. The sales guy Mike was creepy he kept flirting with my friend looking her up and down saying mmm mmmm...yuck. We were trying to be nice anyway overlooking the creep factor. when we asked about certain cars we saw on the website he would tell us they had problems and trying to direct us to buy cars of his choice. He had a worker being out a car and when I went to test drive it it wouldn't start. I went back in and told him and he said "why the hell did he turn it off" and when I tried to go back out with him he told me no to stay inside. He obviously didn't want me to see what the problem was. Bottom line I will never buy another car from Rich's.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 12/06/2019

We are sorry for your unplesant experience. I have reached out to the customer and have resolved the issues.

KENNETH M.
Omak, WA
10/25/2019 Category: Sales
Used car needed significant repairs
We recently purchased a car from this business. The sales process was good, moved quickly and we were in and out the door in a timely manner. We live in Eastern Washington, so after buying the car we had to drive it four hours to get home. Instead we ended up driving it to the nearest repair shop. Coming over Blewett pass the car lost power, the engine light started blinking and we just barely made it over the pass. Later in the trip we had to stop and put three quarts of oil into the car after the oil light started coming on and no oil registered on the dip stick. After looking over the car our mechanic made a long list of things it needed, including a new radiator, because the current one was cracked, front end brakes, valve work, etc. etc. I am not a mechanic, so had no way of knowing all the mechanical issues I was buying along with the car, but I assume Rich's would have the means to check a used car before they sell it for major issues. Since the car is used I know we agreed to buy it "as is", but I think a good business would try to make sure that "as is" will not cost their customers and additional $1200+ when they take one of their cars off the lot.
PS. If Rich's actually pays attention to these reviews and offers to make this right, I will gladly delete this review and write a new one.

Lopez Island, WA
Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
10/10/2019 Category: Sales
Lackluster experience
I inquired about 2 cars through the website, Mike responded asking when I was going to come look, I responded that I would be there on Saturday. I arrived mid day Saturday and neither car had been pulled for me to look at. We waited 20 mins for Car #1 which had to have the battery replaced since it wouldn’t start. In the mean time Mike sent a kid to a far lot to pull Car #2 while waiting for either car in the rain I found Car#2 buried 5 cars deep. Why ask me when I’m coming to view cars if you not going to be prepared? I’m not going to leave a glowing review for wasting my time.
Additionally I did by Car#1 and was horrified to arrive home and discover that I was allowed to drive off the lot with a burnt out brake light...thanks for that.

Seattle, WA
Alfa Romeo Spider
07/18/2019 Category: Sales
Above and beyond!
Day after buying car, it wouldn’t start. Initial thought was that I was stuck with a lemon. Rich’s came and picked up car and fixed the problem (bad fuel pump) at NO CHARGE! Definitely a customer for life!

07/18/2019 Category: Sales
Not great so far
I bought a car, that night brought it home and won’t start at all. Replaced so many parts and still no good. So my experience is horrible
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 07/24/2019

Simple fix, car now runs great, no charge, sorry for the inconvience.

Jeffrey H.
Bellingham, WA
07/17/2019
Embarrassing
The only word I can use to describe this dealer is disgraceful. The first car I looked at was rusted all over on the interior. It was extremely dirty, and many things were broken on it. There was a check engine light on which ended up being a transmission code. I declined the car and looked at a different one. After test driving the car I really liked and made a deal. They were not willing to budge on their price in the slightest. I ended up buying the car and taking it home. Once I took it to a mechanic I regretting everything. The car had a cracked intake manifold which was cracked at least 3 times, it NEEDED new spark plugs, and many more issues. I ended up having to put 1500 dollars of repairs into it with well over 1000 more needed. Due to the amount of money I spent I could not pay my first car payment. I tried to ask this dealership for enough to cover it because I was lied to about it being checked out and nothing being wrong. The told me they couldn't give me a cent. They are completely immoral and quite frankly an embarrassment. Never ever even think about going here. Each staff member there should be embarrassed to work at such an awful place. Car buyers be ware.

Marlene M.
Lynnwood, WA
07/09/2019
TOUGH LUCK!
Ron was our Sales person. Run don't walk away leaked everywhere when we took it through a car wash, one of the seat belts was broke, the sensor on the sliding doors was broke, the taillight cover fell off. Within a week it stopped dead on a busy road. We had to have it towed to a shop and pay $300 to get cam sensors fixed. Engine light turns on every other day. Noise from tail pipe. Took it in to find out all of the pipes under the van are a rusted mess. Nothing can be soldered. Over $1500 to replace them. Called Shop and asked for Rich. I was told he was not available. Found out I was talking to Ron. He preceded to give me double talk and basically said "TOUGH LUCK!!!! That is what you get when you buy a used car". I would never trust them!!!! He told me they buy them, look under the hood and that is it... If you buy them that is your problem.

RJ
Rachelle J.
Federal Way, WA
06/26/2019
Terrible place to buy a car
I bought a car from this place last year. I took it to be checked out, and was told the car had a small transmission leak. I told Ron about it, and he said no worries we can take care of that for you. I was also advised to buy an extended warranty which I did. Come to find out they didn't fix the problem, they just added transmission fluid. A couple of months went buy, and my car would not go in drive or reverse. I had the extended warranty, and had my car towed from Federal Way to Shoreline. They kept my car for a month. I kept calling Ron and calling to see what was taking so long, as the warranty was due to expire in a week. It was always an excuse. Finally I was able to pick up the car, they said the transmission was replaced. The car drove good for about six months, and now the same issue. The car will not go in drive or reverse. Now I'm stuck paying for a car that I can't drive. They don't want to put me in another car, because the owner said they lost money cause the transmission replacement cost more than what the warranty would cover. I truly believe in my heart that all they did was put transmission fluid in the car, because when I ask Ron for the paperwork showing the transmission replacement
He said he didn't have it, but his boss will have to get the paperwork. When I finally got the paperwork, there was nothing on there about the transmission being replaced. But once again I saw, transmission fluid. I talked to Ron about it, he swore up and down that the car's transmission had been replaced. Of course I could not take the car back because the warranty had already expired. They knew the car had problems when I bought it. Well l have to chop this one up as a lesson learned. Never Trust a Car Dealer who says they can fix the problem. My next car I will also have checked out before buying, and if there is the smallest problem, I Will Not Buy It!!!!

AD
Andrea D.
Bellingham, WA
12/10/2018
not impressed
I bought a used 2004 Honda CRV > I drove it and it was a good ride. I looked all over for damages to the body inside and out. I asked the salesman and the guy who drove to deliver it, if they knew of anything wrong with this vehicle and they both responded no. I brought my car home and the locks don't work. There is no way they did not know that the locks don't work. And now, less than a week and less than 200 miles and the check engine light is on. I went to this dealer because it looked like they had a good reputation but I feel like I was taken advantage of, go somewhere else !!!

EB
Edgar B.
Everett, WA
11/03/2018
Never buy car in this place
Buy a car in this place from Ron Oak. and after five days the car did not work anymore. I call Ron and he tells me that he does not fix the car and they do not return the money .

Kimberly B.
Marysville, WA
08/06/2018
Buyers beware
I bought a used 2006 BMW X5 SUV earlier this year. I should have realized what I was doing. We paid a high price for the vehicle and should have realized when we saw the passenger airbag light lit, that it was not well maintained and this was a severe safety hazard. we had to spend over $4,000 for an inspection and repairs that we should not have had to do. Two months later, the tire treads started separating and we had to put in $1,000 worth of new tires. I realized this was a sale as is but I'm also deeply disappointed that there are still salespeople that will sell a lemon to Working Class People.

I just wish I could go back and do it over and not purchase this car. Please remember to check with the Better Business Bureau before even thinking of purchasing a car from one of the small lots that are crooks

Jo B.
Milton, WA
05/21/2018
Sold me a money pit on wheels that showed troubles within the first week.
Ive only had the car two months and have already had to put $1200 into it and still ended up stranded at a light the next day, apparently needs around $5000 more in repairs to make it through a week. I'm currently in college and can't afford this. I bought a car from this place thinking the biggest price I'd have to pay was the selling price and budgeted accordingly, I was wrong. Could be the dealership didnt know about all these things before selling it right? The check engine light came on on my way home the first day I got it so I doubt that. Also thanks for "fixing" my trunk guys, its made me a more religious woman from all the times I have to pray it will close if I open it. Would not recomend this place to anyone.

PF
PATRICK F.
Olympia, WA
Mazda Protege5
03/24/2018 Category: Sales
You sold me a car that within twelve hours left me on the side of the road and I had to take in to the shop
You guys are deceitful as well as immorale. Telling someone that there is nothing you can really do is not what a place of business with good business practices would do.

ON
OLIVIA N.
MONROE, WA
Chrysler Pacifica
11/03/2017 Category: Sales
Don't go here
Bought a car we saw on Craigslist and not even 24 hours later the car overheated and needed to be taken to the dealership. I do it trust them working on my car ever. The car had no gas,needs an oil change very soon. I have only had the car a week... idk about this place.

EJ
Erin J.
Auburn, WA
10/27/2017
Buyer beware - they don't service cars before selling
We bought a "first car" for our new teenage driver here, we didn't even make it home before the oil light went on and promptly following that the check engine light lit up followed by a nasty noise coming from the engine. Took it to get the oil changed, it was filthy which means Rich's hadn't even done any general maintenance on it at all even though they let us know it had been on their lot for three weeks. We then took it over to get it hooked up to see what kind of error codes came up, 4 codes suggesting a transmission problem. Called them the same day we bought it and the guy had to check with his boss to make sure he oked us bringing it back to do the work they should have done on it in the first place. We're now headed back in to have them take a look at it. Here's to hoping they actually follow through and take care of this the way they should have before selling us the car.