Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5rating 4.52
4.5

Overall Rating 1.5/5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5

Buick Century
11/30/2019 Category: Sales
Creepy salesmen bad cars
Bought a car from a man named Jim years ago and it was a great experience so I went back. Big mistake. The service was horrible. The sales guy Mike was creepy he kept flirting with my friend looking her up and down saying mmm mmmm...yuck. We were trying to be nice anyway overlooking the creep factor. when we asked about certain cars we saw on the website he would tell us they had problems and trying to direct us to buy cars of his choice. He had a worker being out a car and when I went to test drive it it wouldn't start. I went back in and told him and he said "why the hell did he turn it off" and when I tried to go back out with him he told me no to stay inside. He obviously didn't want me to see what the problem was. Bottom line I will never buy another car from Rich's.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 12/06/2019

We are sorry for your unplesant experience. I have reached out to the customer and have resolved the issues.

KENNETH M.
Omak, WA
10/25/2019 Category: Sales
Used car needed significant repairs
We recently purchased a car from this business. The sales process was good, moved quickly and we were in and out the door in a timely manner. We live in Eastern Washington, so after buying the car we had to drive it four hours to get home. Instead we ended up driving it to the nearest repair shop. Coming over Blewett pass the car lost power, the engine light started blinking and we just barely made it over the pass. Later in the trip we had to stop and put three quarts of oil into the car after the oil light started coming on and no oil registered on the dip stick. After looking over the car our mechanic made a long list of things it needed, including a new radiator, because the current one was cracked, front end brakes, valve work, etc. etc. I am not a mechanic, so had no way of knowing all the mechanical issues I was buying along with the car, but I assume Rich's would have the means to check a used car before they sell it for major issues. Since the car is used I know we agreed to buy it "as is", but I think a good business would try to make sure that "as is" will not cost their customers and additional $1200+ when they take one of their cars off the lot.
PS. If Rich's actually pays attention to these reviews and offers to make this right, I will gladly delete this review and write a new one.

Lopez Island, WA
Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
10/10/2019 Category: Sales
Lackluster experience
I inquired about 2 cars through the website, Mike responded asking when I was going to come look, I responded that I would be there on Saturday. I arrived mid day Saturday and neither car had been pulled for me to look at. We waited 20 mins for Car #1 which had to have the battery replaced since it wouldn’t start. In the mean time Mike sent a kid to a far lot to pull Car #2 while waiting for either car in the rain I found Car#2 buried 5 cars deep. Why ask me when I’m coming to view cars if you not going to be prepared? I’m not going to leave a glowing review for wasting my time.
Additionally I did by Car#1 and was horrified to arrive home and discover that I was allowed to drive off the lot with a burnt out brake light...thanks for that.

Alfa Romeo Spider
07/18/2019 Category: Sales
Above and beyond!
Day after buying car, it wouldn’t start. Initial thought was that I was stuck with a lemon. Rich’s came and picked up car and fixed the problem (bad fuel pump) at NO CHARGE! Definitely a customer for life!

07/18/2019 Category: Sales
Not great so far
I bought a car, that night brought it home and won’t start at all. Replaced so many parts and still no good. So my experience is horrible
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 07/24/2019

Simple fix, car now runs great, no charge, sorry for the inconvience.

Jeffrey H.
Bellingham, WA
07/17/2019
Embarrassing
The only word I can use to describe this dealer is disgraceful. The first car I looked at was rusted all over on the interior. It was extremely dirty, and many things were broken on it. There was a check engine light on which ended up being a transmission code. I declined the car and looked at a different one. After test driving the car I really liked and made a deal. They were not willing to budge on their price in the slightest. I ended up buying the car and taking it home. Once I took it to a mechanic I regretting everything. The car had a cracked intake manifold which was cracked at least 3 times, it NEEDED new spark plugs, and many more issues. I ended up having to put 1500 dollars of repairs into it with well over 1000 more needed. Due to the amount of money I spent I could not pay my first car payment. I tried to ask this dealership for enough to cover it because I was lied to about it being checked out and nothing being wrong. The told me they couldn't give me a cent. They are completely immoral and quite frankly an embarrassment. Never ever even think about going here. Each staff member there should be embarrassed to work at such an awful place. Car buyers be ware.

Marlene M.
Lynnwood, WA
07/09/2019
TOUGH LUCK!
Ron was our Sales person. Run don't walk away leaked everywhere when we took it through a car wash, one of the seat belts was broke, the sensor on the sliding doors was broke, the taillight cover fell off. Within a week it stopped dead on a busy road. We had to have it towed to a shop and pay $300 to get cam sensors fixed. Engine light turns on every other day. Noise from tail pipe. Took it in to find out all of the pipes under the van are a rusted mess. Nothing can be soldered. Over $1500 to replace them. Called Shop and asked for Rich. I was told he was not available. Found out I was talking to Ron. He preceded to give me double talk and basically said "TOUGH LUCK!!!! That is what you get when you buy a used car". I would never trust them!!!! He told me they buy them, look under the hood and that is it... If you buy them that is your problem.

RJ
Rachelle J.
Federal Way, WA
06/26/2019
Terrible place to buy a car
I bought a car from this place last year. I took it to be checked out, and was told the car had a small transmission leak. I told Ron about it, and he said no worries we can take care of that for you. I was also advised to buy an extended warranty which I did. Come to find out they didn't fix the problem, they just added transmission fluid. A couple of months went buy, and my car would not go in drive or reverse. I had the extended warranty, and had my car towed from Federal Way to Shoreline. They kept my car for a month. I kept calling Ron and calling to see what was taking so long, as the warranty was due to expire in a week. It was always an excuse. Finally I was able to pick up the car, they said the transmission was replaced. The car drove good for about six months, and now the same issue. The car will not go in drive or reverse. Now I'm stuck paying for a car that I can't drive. They don't want to put me in another car, because the owner said they lost money cause the transmission replacement cost more than what the warranty would cover. I truly believe in my heart that all they did was put transmission fluid in the car, because when I ask Ron for the paperwork showing the transmission replacement
He said he didn't have it, but his boss will have to get the paperwork. When I finally got the paperwork, there was nothing on there about the transmission being replaced. But once again I saw, transmission fluid. I talked to Ron about it, he swore up and down that the car's transmission had been replaced. Of course I could not take the car back because the warranty had already expired. They knew the car had problems when I bought it. Well l have to chop this one up as a lesson learned. Never Trust a Car Dealer who says they can fix the problem. My next car I will also have checked out before buying, and if there is the smallest problem, I Will Not Buy It!!!!

AD
Andrea D.
Bellingham, WA
12/10/2018
not impressed
I bought a used 2004 Honda CRV > I drove it and it was a good ride. I looked all over for damages to the body inside and out. I asked the salesman and the guy who drove to deliver it, if they knew of anything wrong with this vehicle and they both responded no. I brought my car home and the locks don't work. There is no way they did not know that the locks don't work. And now, less than a week and less than 200 miles and the check engine light is on. I went to this dealer because it looked like they had a good reputation but I feel like I was taken advantage of, go somewhere else !!!

EB
Edgar B.
Everett, WA
11/03/2018
Never buy car in this place
Buy a car in this place from Ron Oak. and after five days the car did not work anymore. I call Ron and he tells me that he does not fix the car and they do not return the money .

Kimberly B.
Marysville, WA
08/06/2018
Buyers beware
I bought a used 2006 BMW X5 SUV earlier this year. I should have realized what I was doing. We paid a high price for the vehicle and should have realized when we saw the passenger airbag light lit, that it was not well maintained and this was a severe safety hazard. we had to spend over $4,000 for an inspection and repairs that we should not have had to do. Two months later, the tire treads started separating and we had to put in $1,000 worth of new tires. I realized this was a sale as is but I'm also deeply disappointed that there are still salespeople that will sell a lemon to Working Class People.

I just wish I could go back and do it over and not purchase this car. Please remember to check with the Better Business Bureau before even thinking of purchasing a car from one of the small lots that are crooks

Jo B.
Milton, WA
05/21/2018
Sold me a money pit on wheels that showed troubles within the first week.
Ive only had the car two months and have already had to put $1200 into it and still ended up stranded at a light the next day, apparently needs around $5000 more in repairs to make it through a week. I'm currently in college and can't afford this. I bought a car from this place thinking the biggest price I'd have to pay was the selling price and budgeted accordingly, I was wrong. Could be the dealership didnt know about all these things before selling it right? The check engine light came on on my way home the first day I got it so I doubt that. Also thanks for "fixing" my trunk guys, its made me a more religious woman from all the times I have to pray it will close if I open it. Would not recomend this place to anyone.

PF
PATRICK F.
Olympia, WA
Mazda Protege5
03/24/2018 Category: Sales
You sold me a car that within twelve hours left me on the side of the road and I had to take in to the shop
You guys are deceitful as well as immorale. Telling someone that there is nothing you can really do is not what a place of business with good business practices would do.

ON
OLIVIA N.
MONROE, WA
Chrysler Pacifica
11/03/2017 Category: Sales
Don't go here
Bought a car we saw on Craigslist and not even 24 hours later the car overheated and needed to be taken to the dealership. I do it trust them working on my car ever. The car had no gas,needs an oil change very soon. I have only had the car a week... idk about this place.

EJ
Erin J.
Auburn, WA
10/27/2017
Buyer beware - they don't service cars before selling
We bought a "first car" for our new teenage driver here, we didn't even make it home before the oil light went on and promptly following that the check engine light lit up followed by a nasty noise coming from the engine. Took it to get the oil changed, it was filthy which means Rich's hadn't even done any general maintenance on it at all even though they let us know it had been on their lot for three weeks. We then took it over to get it hooked up to see what kind of error codes came up, 4 codes suggesting a transmission problem. Called them the same day we bought it and the guy had to check with his boss to make sure he oked us bringing it back to do the work they should have done on it in the first place. We're now headed back in to have them take a look at it. Here's to hoping they actually follow through and take care of this the way they should have before selling us the car.

JACK S.
PORT ORCHARD, WA
Lexus IS 250
05/25/2017 Category: Sales
Bad
Car needs serviced, I pretty much sold myself the car and dealer never got out of his seat and was an asshole.

MENGTING L.

Tacoma, WA
Volkswagen Passat
03/29/2017 Category: Sales
Crappy Car from crappy Dealerships
Purchased a used Jetta. We sat down to talk to the sales man about the car he had no information and acted like we were inconveniencing him with all these questions. Was rude, impolite and crude (chewing food while dealing with us) had the car for a week and it broke down on us! Already needs a 359 doller repair. Unhappy customer would never use u again to buy any of our other kids cars from yiu

KW
KENNETH W.
Everett, WA
03/06/2016 Category: Sales
Check engine light
The car's radio did not work due to the check engine light being reset so they could sell the car. Should have disclosed the issues with the car prior to sell. On the way home from the purchase the cars check engine light came on and the transmission/timing went into limp mode. Got the car home and took to mechanic to get diagnosis of problem and repair cost $1100. I had no choice but to pay this to get it drivable. Should have known something was up when the radio code was not unlocked. They claimed they did not know the code but it was on the owners manual in the glove box. (Tip-reset the radio when you reset check engine light on future car preps). They should offer to pay at least half the repair costs.
Live and learn I guess.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 03/06/2016

Hi Ken this is Rich here.

We are sorry you had trouble with your car, we did not reset the check engine light on your Honda, however we did put a new clutch in and did disconnet the battery at the time of the clutch being replaced, hence the radio code.

If you want to turn off a check engine code a 15 dollar scanner will do this. But we do not turn off check engine lights to sell cars, I have four full time mechanics to address these kind of issues.

Again I am sorry your car broke so soon, sometimes when cars sit on the lot for awhile and then get sold something new breaks down.

If you have called us right away we would have repaired your car right away since it happened on the way home.

Please send us a copy of the receipt we will help out with the bill.

Thanks for reading Rich Sargent

GT
GILLES T.
Enumclaw, WA
Subaru Legacy
06/06/2015 Category: Sales
Subaru Engine Block Damaged
I recently purchased a Subaru Outback from Rich's. Within two days of driving it, I noticed an oily residue in the coolant overfill bottle. Clearly a sign of a head gasket problem. I can't say if the mechanics at Rich missed this telling sign of such major issue; but in any event, I took the car at AWD Subaru in Kirkland. The problem was not only the head gasket, but the car had overheated at one point so much that the engine block was warped. Only solution was to replace the block - so much for a low cost car. Once again, buyer beware, but I would have expected Rich's to have screened out this car. The prior owner clearly knew of this problem and didn't disclose.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 06/16/2015

Hello Giles

We are sorry for the problems with your car, we have left two voice mails and have reached out to you with emails also.

We would like to verify the diagnose is indeed correct, please contact as soon as possible.

FE
Fernando E.
Bothell, WA
03/07/2015
Never will buy from this dealer
I went to check out a car, came the next day to see the car they lost the Keys, call the sales guy many times try to see the car, did apply online and called many times and they just dont care, they dont even get to call back