4.5

ANTHONY T.
Camano Island, WA
09/14/2020 Category: Sales
Good experience Bad car
The buying is experience was nice and no pressure from the salesman. But.... only 6 days after having the car it broke down and left my wife stranded in a grocery parking lot late at night. Upon inspection it needs a new starter and I've found multiple oil leaks on the car. Not happy at all!

AE
ALVIN E.
06/22/2020 Category: Sales
Just okay service
Service was just okay. My salesman Donte was nice enough, but several times he almost let me walk out the door without buying a vehicle and I was paying cash...not financing. Lucky for him, I found a car that worked for my needs, otherwise, I would have left and spent my money elsewhere. He didn't seem like he cared if I bought a car or not, and If I owned a dealership, customer service and making the customers feel like they are important would be my top priority. Not that Donte is a bad guy, he just seemed unengaged with selling me a car. *shrugs*
My niece is looking to buy a car, but not sure I'd recommend Rich's to her. She might be assisted better at CarMax or a bigger dealership.

MT
MONICA T.
06/21/2020 Category: Sales
Disappointed after sale
The sale process was quite good. The staff was friendly, and there was no pressure. When it turned out that the vehicle I wanted to purchase didn't have its manual, the representative found one for me. However, I became disappointed after the sale. I had the vehicle checked out, and it turned out to have an oil leak. When I purchase a vehicle "As Is", I still expect it to have no problems at the time of purchase. It was upsetting to have to spend money to fix it after just buying the vehicle. Also, in the past, whenever I picked up the plates at the dealer, the dealer always offered to put the plates on for me. It didn't happen at Rich's. Okay, not the greatest after-sale customer service, but no problem; I've put on plates before when I had them mailed to me. So, when I get home and try to put the plates on, I discover that there are no screws. I don't even know what size screws I'm supposed to buy. Maybe Google will tell me. All in all, not bad but not great either.

Michael S.
Renton, WA
12/31/2019
so what about km reviews
I look at review after i see a car that is in my range ,why did you not reach out to km about his concerns 10-25-2019 was when his complaint was ?i see you have some great comments but this one puts me a little uneasy to deal with you.As below i have not done service with you yet,so just used this date to see your answer if i get one .

SALVADOR B.
Wenatchee, WA
Subaru Legacy
11/19/2019 Category: Sales
It’s ok the last experience is way better
I would have to say I had a better experience the last time I bought a car from here I have been here 2 times customer service isn’t the same anymore or maybe it was who I dealt with. I in the past even had family purchase a car here too.

Bill & Teresa S.
Duvall, WA
10/17/2019
Rescore - Reply to Richard S.
Richard - First I'd like to thank you for your time following up on our review(s). Let's start with the top. We'd like to have all the receipts Rich's has for the work done, for our records if nothing else. I mentioned that the top is a PAIN to latch down. The posts in the top of the windshield don't match up, either front to back or side to side. You have to muscle it in place. Ron informed us that their 'interior guy' installed the new top. We're not sure how many convertible tops he/she has installed in the past, but it doesn't sound like it was done by a specialist in convertible top replacement. We have had our new tops installed in the past by such a specialist and while they were 'tight' in the beginning, the top still lined up and required only a minimal amount of effort to latch down. Additionally, I have a text message from Ron that relative to the new top and he states unequivocally "there's nothing I can do for you you need to keep working at top to have it stretched out I guess" . Now we are willing to give the top a chance to stretch; and we plan to have the top motor replaced by Convertibles Only ($540 - not bad) and likewise have them assess the top in general. It seals up nicely once it's latched - there is no leakage. The first few times raising the top was SLOW and now you have to assist manually pulling the top up some. Sounds like a motor issue (unconfirmed at this writing - but what else could it be?) We'll deal with it ourselves and we did buy their ASC 6 month warranty, that may or may not apply here (it covers a max of $1000 for various issues and it cost us $508 - duh)

Moving on, there's something askew in the electrical system, possibly as simple as fuse replacement …. however, the horn doesn't honk, no lights come on when the doors are opened, no light in the trunk etc. Some weird idiosyncrasies electrically. That said, in my opinion, the best part is the dumb key in ignition beeper doesn't beep when the door is opened and the key in the ignition - are those things annoying or what? Anyway, these are minor issues at this point, electrical issues in cars can be a real bugger diagnosing and I'd use an auto electric repair facility for sure.

They did repair the engine issues, to Rich's credit, at no charge.... duh.... but I'll say generally, it appears they did little to make this car more 'presentable'. I'll agree this is a 2001 Mustang GT and to be expected to have some blemishes - and the price was reasonable for sure, BUT we would have paid another $500+ to buy the car - mu advice would have been to fix these little issues and raise the selling price somewhat. The Carfax history is quite positive - local Kenmore owner, but it's interesting reading, especially between reading between the lines.

Overall I'd rate our experience with Ron & Rich's as positive - it's disappointing somewhat that they failed to pay attention to the little details of the car's general condition/serviceability that would have turned this 3-Star rating to a 5-Star rating and above.

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." …. Theodore Roosevelt

LG
LARRY G.
Dodge Magnum
01/23/2019 Category: Sales
dodge magnam 2005
I love the car runs great.I dont mind sitting in traffic now radio great.Thanks for all your help glen,larry

01/23/2019 Category: Sales
nice car
I love the car but i think you charged me 1000 dollars to much.price was 3999 on web site, payed 4999 then ten minutes after i told the sales man price changed on web site funny how that works. larry
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 01/28/2019

please re score so we can make this right for you!

Rich

GJ
GARY J.
Lake Stevens, WA
01/20/2019 Category: Sales
Sons first car. Many to choose from in his price range.
We were able to find a decent car for a decent price. Sales guy, Ron was friendly and efficient. I would probably buy from them again.

JACOBB S.
Edmonds, WA
02/15/2018 Category: Sales
Good
It was great service just unhappy that the salesman (Dante) didn't tell me about the extra $500 down payment when we agreed on the $2000 for my trade in

VV
VICTOR V.
Sammamish, WA
Acura TL
12/13/2017 Category: Sales
2004 Acura
Overall good experience. No pressure and was able to test drive the car without any hassle. There was a good selection of cars and pices seemed very fair

HP
HERTAH P.
SUQUAMISH, WA
Pontiac Vibe
08/04/2017 Category: Sales
great salesman. Torque converter cylinoid was bad, 350.00 in and hour of new car
I think your salesperson was totally awesome and I would still buy the same car from you if I had to do it all again. Just wish we were told but was such a short trip it didn't hurt the car

JEFFREY C.
Lynnwood, WA
Chrysler 300
08/03/2017 Category: Sales
No product knowledge
Attention to dettails needs work.

KA
KATHLEEN A.
06/18/2017 Category: Sales
No Pressure Sale. My second purchase from this dealer.
I did my homework and knew the car I wanted before I arrived. Salesman Ron Oaks completed the sale process quickly and with no hassle. I was glad that I bought the 90 day warranty, because the car had an expensive but fixable problem.

JOHN B.
Marysville, WA
Subaru Legacy
03/30/2017 Category: Sales
I should have looked at it closer
I wound up a Rich's because I had a Craigslist search programmed for a Subaru Legacy wagon. The '03 that came up was a one owner, low mileage (for it's age) and well maintained. 95% of what I was looking for. My salesman, Ron Oak, seemed to be a straight shooter and didn't insult me with "closer" talk. Having sold cars and real estate I know it when I hear it and it pisses me off. No problem here. I had 3 items I wanted fixed. They were done quickly but one turned out to be an intermittent short in the turn signal stalk that, as Murphy's Law would have it, didn't present itself when their mechanic looked at it. It's still inoperative half the time. With the things that Soobs tend to need at around 100,000 miles done (head gaskets, timing belt, water pump) I didn't think too much about wheel bearings. I didn't hear it on my rest drive so it didn't make the list. The next day I heard it the next day and sure enough, the front wheel bearings are going out. Had I known I would have either insisted on them being repaired or a much lower price or I'd have backed out. It's about a $800 to $1000 fix that I wasn't counting on. That's on me though, it was sold "as is". Aside from this glitch I'm happy with the car and how efficiently Ron handled the transaction.

KA
KYLE A.
Sea Tac, WA
Chevrolet Suburban
08/04/2016 Category: Sales
Mechanical inspection?
I'm not sure that their vehicles go through inspection process or at least not a top-notch one. We purchased a vehicle just recently and they were up front about the 4 wheel drive not working but there are many other issues with the vehicle period after taking it home for 24 hours and doing a thorough examination of the Mechanicals I was able to assess multiple issues that they were not upfront about. Asked if it would be possible to back out of the purchase as the salesman told me he had a lady come in earlier that day and said she would purchase it with cash as is no questions asked. He asked the boss boss said no. I understand a Deal's a deal but they should have worked with me on getting some of these issues resolved. For a $7,000 vehicle I will be putting out at least $3,000 in repairs to make it fully roadworthy and safe. All they said they could do for me was take the tires off my trade in and put them on the newly purchased vehicle which cost them $67. I will not be purchasing another vehicle from the lot and I will be sure to tell no one about this lot. Really a big loss for them since I work in a shop of 130 technicians and we all talked Vehicles all the time. Could have been a good opportunity for them but they decided to be cheap instead of work with a possible future customer or lifelong customer.