Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5Overall Rating 4.52/5rating 4.52
4.5

Overall Rating 1.5/5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5

Bill & Teresa S.
Duvall, WA
10/12/2019
Rich’s Car Corner is like the postman, they both deliver, except they missed us
OK folks, we bought a 2001 Mustang GT convertible {80k miles}, to replace my 1996 Mustang GT convertible we'd owned for 15 YEARS. We had a new top installed on this 96 Mustang at Convertibles Only, we are familiar with new convertible tops (we've had a 1998 Chrysler Sebring Convertible for longer) AND ADD, we are familiar with convertibles in general. Now Rich's must not have driven, this car or they'd have known there was an engine problem {or didn't care}, which to their credit they fixed. Did we get any type of documentation? NO, but it seems to have been fixed. (Aside, I had the car checked with our shop and they detailed the deficiencies)
This car is a CONVERTIBLE and Ron, our salesman, was totally unfamiliar with the term 'boot' when I asked if the car had one. 'No boots' was his response - I informed him that the term is singular, not plural.... I mentioned that the new top seems hard to deal with - the top and it's 'posts' in where it should clamp into don't match up. And the top motor is SLOW. So today (10/12/2019) the top would not come up, the motor would barely function AND finally, with my wife's help we got the top up. My recent communications with Ron tonight - 1. he claims to have a mustang convertible himself, BUT how can anyone with a convertible not know what a 'boot' is? I ask you. 2. he said to bring it in and he'd demonstrate to a top goes up and down. A method we are all too familiar with. 3. he said tough sh*t, there is nothing he could do. I'll ask you, is this the type of car sales you'd like to do biz with. Lastly, they offer a warranty thru ASC, we were stupid from a risk management perspective, the 'warranty' while it covers a lot of items, the maximum dollar amount they cover is, GASP, $1000. Both the Three & Six Month 'warranties' cover a MAX of $1000. What did the Six Month Warranty cost us? $508. Yes,we paid half of the total amount of coverage in premiums. Did Rich's Car Corner and Ron mention this? NO, NO, NO Ron did not. Using email and/or text messages provides a written documentary proof for any discrepancies that can occur with phone conversations. Keep that in mind with any important communiques....But don't despair future car buyers, this is only the opening chapter in this horrid story.....
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 10/17/2019

We told him to bring it in. My understanding was they were having trobule latching the top down, which happens on a new top because they are tight until the top streches a bit.

We have the receipts of work we did at no charge for customer. If the top doesnt want to go up from a folded postion this is a different issue, which we can look at. The last time he was in we showed him how to latch the top. If there is a different issue we can help. thanks for reading!

Kimberly B.
Craig, AK
06/09/2017
I'd look elsewhere
Called ahead and asked for a hold on a specific car, took public transport in, and they had leased it out. Offered to call it back in, and when I agreed, said they couldn't/wouldn't. Not a good experience overall.

SK
SHAWN K.
Seattle, WA
Honda Element
08/04/2016 Category: Sales
Get the warranty!
Bought a Honda Element four days ago and wishing I had sprung for that warranty! Noticed oil spots all over my driveway last night and found out today that I need a new oil pan among other things that had been cheaply fixed. Overall typical used car experience. Any questions answered with a shrug. Right before I left they broke one of my license plate bolts in half leaving the end inside the hole and I asked if they could get it out and they seemed a little put out and said they were too busy.

AL
Adrienne L.
Marysville, WA
03/01/2016
Eh... I'd be warned
Purchased a 1998 2.8 Quattro A4 Audi for the listed price of 4,449, about 5000 total.

It started with not even making it home the drive home, and I noticed it didnt want to turn over right away. The dealthership took the car back and replaced a part with no cost. (Great of them!) However, did the mechanic not check to see if there were other issues? Or did he just not care?

I've had the car for about a month now minus all the shop time, and now I can leave a proper review.

I was simply ripped off. NOW I have to pay 4500 to fix the car! That's how much was paid for it! I'm sorry, but that car isn't worth 9000 and I could have purchased a significantly better one through a different dealer or even Craigslist. I will be reselling the vehicle and purchasing a different one elsewhere.

Buyers beware of the hidden problems they don't seem to address.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 03/06/2016

Please remove, already answered, this is duplicate of the first post.   Thank you Rich

AL
ADRIENNE L.
Marysville, WA
03/01/2016 Category: Sales
I appreciate it...
I appreciate the help very much for helping with the repairs of my car. I would still recommend this business to any of my friends or family, because of it being a great car lot.

03/01/2016 Category: Sales
Eh...
1998 Audi was listed at a unreasonable price. The car lot has great employees, however, the car that was purchased didn't even make it home the first night. The dealership took it back and replaced a part at no cost, but didn't check to see if there was something else wrong? I've had the car for about a month and and now need to pay 4,500 to fix the car, keep in mind that was the listed price. I don't think it's fair to sell a car over 15 years old essentially costing me 9 grand. It's not worth 9 grand, and I will be reselling and purchasing a new vehicle elsewhere.

I don't want my bad review to ruin anyone else's experience. It's a great place, just be really careful.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 03/06/2016

Hi Adrienne

Rich here, I am sorry for your problems with your car, I did talk to you at the time of purchase and told you to contact us if something that was expensive needed to be done.

We can easily save you at least 60% over retail, somehow I got this review after you had already gave the garage the ok to do the work.

I gave a $1000.00 check to help out and your Grandfather got the bill reduced another 500.00.

PLEASE contact us first next time, again I am sorry.

TF
THOMAS F.
Honda Civic del Sol
09/03/2014 Category: Sales
Liked Car But Paid Too Much
Bought cute little Honda Civic del Sol. Admit it was somewhat a vanity purchase - bright color little pretend sports car. I knew I was paying too much (about 40% over dealer blue book for lower mileage car); but also found out at Honda dealer that I needed a clutch job plus transaxle replacement, which add another 60% to my costs. The salesman pretended, i think, that my offer of $500 over blue book was humor on my part and told the manager I offered the price he quoted me. The people seemed friendly, but I really don't trust them based on my experience. Sorry I can't recommend very highly.

Jeremy H.
Lacey, WA
08/20/2014
Decent car bad service.
So my Fiancee and I came here looking for a car we saw on their website. A 2000 Lexus rx300. It was there and looking around on their lot was pretty low pressure. No one tried to steer us away from what we were looking for or pressure us into a sale.

So we decided we liked the car and wanted to buy it but we didn't have all our money ready to go yet. So we asked if it was possible to leave a deposit since we lived in Lacey and would not have time to return that day. Our seller Ron Oak said that was fine. We also asked him about trading in our current car he took a quick glance at it and said $3000. Which I should have gotten in writing.

So we come back the next day to buy the car and Ron actually takes a good look at our trade and drives it. He then tells us its only worth $2000 and we are left owing the dealer $777 within two weeks. Needless to say I wasn't very impressed by this. I will always get my trade proce in writing from now on.

So also on the day before when we test drove the car I'd noticed one of the break lights was out. Ron said he'd get it fixed immediately. Next day when we get in the car to drive home: still burned out. Not what I call good service at all. It only took me all of five minutes to fix the light. I would have taken this up with Ron and made them fix the light but my Fiance had to get to work and we had an almost two hour drive back to Lacey.

Additionally we have since discovered that three of the automatic door locks don't work. To get these fixed at a shop will be approximately $400 each lock for a total of $1200. The rear brakes were also worn out and needed replacement. That was at least cheap to fix.

Another thing I found interesting was during Ron's speach about how little money they were going to make off the car we bought. He detailed all the things they spend money on before thwy could aell a car. One of the things he mentioned was Detailing. This car was not detailed. If it was they should fire whomever is doing it. My Fiancee found an empty pack of smokes and a toy under the seat and nacho chip crums. The carpets also had clearly not been vacuumed either.

Despite all this we actually love our car. I would not recommend anyone this dealership though, and I would never go back for another car.

KP
Kylie P.
Seattle, WA
02/23/2014
Buyers be Aware
Walked into the dealership with over 3,000 in cash to purchase a car that was listed at 3,500 and had a blue book value of only 3,000. The car had a huge dent in the lower panel on the passenger side and had over 178,000 miles. The dealer we worked with ended up laughing at us when we offered inbetween the blue book price and list price. The dealer ended up walking away in the middle of our conversation. The cars look like a good deal but make sure to do your homework on them because most of their deals are not negotiable. They come off as being nice guys but in the end there is a big man behind the desk that is not willing to work with you. Beyond the awful customer service we felt very belittled when working with this dealership.
Richard S. from Rich's Car Corner responded on 02/23/2014

Were sorry this didn't work out for you. We tried to explain the internet price on this car was our very best price for this 2002 VW Jetta Wagon.

I did research this car before I priced it, in a hundred mile radius, this was 500.00 less than any other 2002 Jetta.

Kelly Blue Book is 3100, NADA says 3900, the two largest price  guides.

The problem is they are only guides and they vary wildly on what a car is worth, we feel a more accurate way is to check what the market is doing is on Autotrader, Cars.com, Craigslist, etc.

Again were sorry for the misunderstanding, the first time they came in we explained this to the customer. They came in two more times and finally offered 3200 hundred out the door, when you back out tabs and tranfer and sales tax it comes to 2686.

Again were sorry for the misunderstanding.