Pleasant Car Care

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
Latest Review about 1 month ago

Blandyna W. on 09/14/2017
"Saved me money."
My car was due for an oil-change, and I asked if I also needed to do the + $800 recommended repairs a dealership uncovered whilst doing airbag recall work the previous week. The car didn't, so I was saved a large expense.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 09/12/2017
Review Created: 09/14/2017 04:20 AM
Patricia M. on 09/12/2017
"Quick efficient service with friendly staff"
I have been coming here for several years now on a friends recomendation have always been Very satisfied!
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 09/08/2017
Review Created: 09/12/2017 02:06 PM
Blandyna W. on 09/11/2017
"Excellent job!"
They repaired a damaged radiator that a body shop and insurance had missed, and took a dent out too.
Service Date: 08/17/2017
Review Created: 09/11/2017 04:53 AM
Alison F. on 09/09/2017
"Beats the dealership!"
Steve and staff are very responsive. For a small auto repair shop Pleasant Car Care has sophisticated systems for managing appointments, feedback, etc. Feels like the professionalism of a big shop with small shop care and attention.
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Service Date: 09/08/2017
Review Created: 09/09/2017 08:07 PM
Bill H. on 09/07/2017
"Mazda 3 mystery shakes"
Steve and crew figured it out. Car is running very tight! Super.
Vehicle: Mazda Mazda3
Service Date: 09/06/2017
Review Created: 09/07/2017 11:14 AM
Quazi H. on 09/01/2017
"Great Service, Very Professional"
I have been a customer with Pleasant Care Care for 3 years now. They helped me take care of my last car with any and every problem I saw. When my car eventually started going out, they helped me get the car in sellable condition. Now I have a brand new 2017 model that I will be bringing here for oil changes. With this business, have always been treated with respect and care and so has my car. That is all I need to become a loyal customer.
Vehicle: Honda Accord Coupe
Service Date: 08/29/2017
Review Created: 09/01/2017 07:44 AM
Betsy J. on 08/26/2017
"Service is great!"
Friendly, fair pricing, timely. Definitely my place for car repairs
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 08/24/2017
Review Created: 08/26/2017 03:52 AM
Joan G. on 08/25/2017
"Customer Service"
As usual, I was pleased with the service on my car and the reasonable prices along with the friendly, professional attitudes of Steve and everyone else.
Service Date: 08/22/2017
Review Created: 08/25/2017 01:24 PM
Polly B. on 08/25/2017
"Outstanding Customer Service"
The "Check Engine" light came on two days before I was to leave for a long auto trip. Being new to the area, I looked online for an auto repair facility and found Pleasant Car Care. I called late in the day and was told to come in the next morning. Diagnostics were done, parts ordered (out of stock in the area, of course), and necessary action taken so I could make my trip. Upon my return, the repair was done (the part had been ordered and was on hand) and I was in good shape within a couple of hours. Everything was done to make this as painless for me as possible. I feel so lucky to have found Pleasant Car Care. Steve and Erin are terrific!
Vehicle: Kia Soul
Service Date: 08/22/2017
Review Created: 08/25/2017 11:44 AM
Kyunghee Y. on 08/23/2017
"Great "
They finished a job very fast and staffs were very friendly. When I visited there I got a quote via online from other branch of this store, and they asked the same price. I cannot complain about this, but my husband was bit unhappy about this deal since he thought the part was pretty expensive even if it is OEM. Maybe I should have checked the price of the part. However, obviously the total price is cheaper than the price the dealership asked and as long as it doesn't cause any further issue I think it is fine. So far there is no problem.
Vehicle: Honda Accord Sdn
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 08/17/2017
Review Created: 08/23/2017 07:11 AM
Pete C. on 08/23/2017
"Always a great job and friendly service"
Always a great job and friendly service
Vehicle: Saab 9-5
Service Date: 08/08/2017
Review Created: 08/23/2017 06:34 AM
Al E. on 08/17/2017
"They take the time to get it right the first time "
My car was leaking some kind of fluid. Steve didn't just sign me up for repairs. He showed me how it could be from a couple places and wanted me to drive for a day after he cleaned the suspect sources to make sure we could identify the exact location of the leak. The next day he was able to show me exactly what was happening. It's a really good feeling to have a shop that you trust to solve the problem, not just guess and change a lot of parts. I have sent several friends here and they all have good experiences.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 08/15/2017
Review Created: 08/17/2017 05:10 AM
Patty G. on 08/16/2017
"Honesty & fair price "
Steve and his staff were very helpful & knew their stuff.
Vehicle: Honda Element
Service Date: 08/03/2017
Review Created: 08/16/2017 01:47 PM
Richard S. on 08/14/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Life Savers"
This was the single best experience with a car repair that I've had in my life, and I believe my wife and daughter would say the same. We were partway through a cross-country trip in our brand new used car when the brakes suddenly failed. They were totally mushy, straight to the floor, except for the last inch or so, where they maybe slowed the car a little. We were 200 miles and one day into a 1700 mile, six day, one-way trip. After which we were supposed to be back at work. And this all happened on a Saturday, shortly before noon, when few shops are open. We were absolutely panicked. A friend in Boston recommended Pleasant Car Care in Newton, and we called them immediately. The man at that location could not assist us on short notice, but referred us straight to Steve at the Watertown location. We limped over to Watertown with our flashers on and were seen immediately. Turns out we needed four different parts replaced on our rear brakes, which had rusted out after 13 years of wear and salt air. The worst part was the metal brake fluid line, which had a hole in it, but the rest of the brakes were not far behind in failing. Steve was careful to show me the corroded parts and explain which ones needed replacing and why. Although most of the needed parts were not in stock, he was able to locate a parts store still open that Saturday with all the needed parts, except for the brake fluid lines. I was a bit discouraged hearing that one of the parts couldn't be located until Steve explained they could fabricate the lines for us in house, which they did. My wife, daughter, and I sat in the shop for two hours while a team of three mechanics repaired our rear brakes. We were able to continue on to our scheduled destination that day, albeit 4 hours late. This was really above and beyond, and we were very impressed with the service and the price. We don't live in Boston, and will not have the opportunity to visit this shop again. But we sure hope that you will go there when your car needs fixing! These guys showed a lot of heart, and definitely deserve your business.
Service Date: 08/05/2017
Review Created: 08/14/2017 06:53 PM
Jennifer Q. on 08/11/2017
"Thank you for going above and beyond!"
Steve. Thank you so much for your kindness and dedication.
Service Date: 08/09/2017
Review Created: 08/11/2017 07:39 AM
Kerri W. on 08/06/2017
"Great service"
This place is awesome. Steve took a lot of time to figure out the cause of the sound coming from my car, and the solution was way simpler and less expensive than I was expecting. I also had him look at my brakes, and he said I could wait a few more years before replacing them. You know you've found a reliable mechanic when they tell you you DON'T need to have something done. I'll definitely be coming back!
Vehicle: Honda Civic Sdn
Service Date: 08/04/2017
Review Created: 08/06/2017 10:09 AM
Natasha K. on 08/02/2017
"Genuinely caring business"
The staff at Pleasant car care are not the ordinary type - they truly care about your welfare and will do everything from taking a break from their busy repairing to place a 3rd call for you to a company that will cover your expenses bc the part that broke was under guarantee, to having a genuine smile, to scheduling you weeks in advance, remembering you and having everything ready for you when you arrive and then repairing your car right then rather than the expected drop off and pick up 3 hours later you were counting on and!!! to top it all off not charging you anything for the repair because it was under guarantee - I can see how I wouldn't have to pay for the part but I fully expected to pay for labor. They are wonderful people and I will let everyone know about them!
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 07/31/2017
Review Created: 08/02/2017 11:40 AM
Eric M. on 08/02/2017
"Awesome!"
Once again Steve took care of everything on my Audi TT 2005. He always take the time to explain what is wrong and do the work by only changing the parts that needs to be changed. On top of that Steve and his crew are great, the customer experience is awesome. It's always hard to find a good mechanic, I found my place and the TT is going nowhere else. Definitely deserve 5 stars
Vehicle: Audi TT
Service Date: 07/31/2017
Review Created: 08/02/2017 05:31 AM
Catherine P. on 07/30/2017
"Great Service "
As suspected, my vehicle had warped rotors, which were replaced the same day for a good price for premium parts. Definitely recommend.
Vehicle: Subaru Impreza Sedan