Also just took my 2016 mustang gt for a custom tune and dyno and got headers and exhaust put on.
Kirk and his crew are awesome and would recommend anyone with a muscle car who needs custom work to go see Them at Pro modular performance.
Kenneth, thank you so much for the business and the time you took to write us a review. I appreciate you.
Thank you James!! Glad we could help you and thank you so much for the opportunity to work on your car. Come see me again for 10% off Labor of your next visit.
Thank you Chris for the business, we are grateful and for the time to write a positive review. Also want to express our gratitude for the $200 tip you made to my tech! WOW, so nice!! I am glad we could work with you and your cash flow schedule of 30 days or ss, in Addition, the discounted work we provided you. Thank you!
Thank you Chris for the business. We really appreciate it and the time you took writing a review.
Albert, as stated previously, I regret to hear from you in this matter. You know I would have worked with you to resolve any issues/hardships you may have had with PMP. Most Importunely, I never knew of any turmoil in your head because you didn’t express any. I have a hard time with the idea you would come to my shop, visit, discuss car, drop parts off to us and or an occasional deposit on the account, shake my hand when you leave over the span of 3 separate invoices and then 3 months later post a surprisingly slanderous and unprofessional review that honestly is a contradiction to other reviews and do so 3 months later after you sign and release the work order I have on file!
To make clear for our readers:
· you provided a car to us on a tow truck that was dismantled
· you provided USED heads with valves and springs, USED camshaft, 2 sets of injectors, valve train parts, USED MSD ignition module among many! We provide Labor and some parts to assemble your used, provide parts!
· We do not warranty used parts or the outcome of their intended usage. Nor does any other shop that I know.
· YOU must assume the risk and cost associated with your choice, your discretion and your research of parts provided to us or any other shop in this business. That’s just the standard policy of this business nationwide and has never changed. However, that doesn’t necessarily speak for the specific labor that the shop provides to be clear and fair.
To expose some history of events:
· The heads were too big with an angled 2.02 valve and large intake runners on stock compression
· The camshaft was too big. Sounds nasty and cool, yes however very lazy air flow and not enough compression with the stock bottom-end and on top of all that, a stock and restricted intake manifold and throttle body. This was on the first attempt to tune the car where I told you the intake would not be enough and kill the motor above 4800.
· Round 1, dyno time -We could not get the car to accept any tune changes and discovered the ECU had burned up components and traces on the circuit board! That had to be replaced!
· Round 2, dyno time. Replaced the ECU and now it works. However, stock intake was a killer and the mufflers were coming apart, blow parts of metal out on the ground from the rusted internals – Car had to get new mufflers and you got us another intake and throttle body
· Round 3, car runs much better and on the last run, engine developed a cylinder miss and a noise which we thought was a spun cam bearing with no oil getting to the rocker arm. Could not fix with valve adjustment, spark plug ect.. discovered it was down on compression. Had to take off your USED head and discovered that valve tapped the piston from floating valves. Same for cyl 2 and 3 etc… I showed you this in person with your girlfriend standing there. Had to remove your heads and have valve and springs looked at and repaired. Tear down camshaft, inspect bearings then put everything back together with a slightly thicker head gasket for insurance because of the large cam and 2.02 valve and we added a slightly larger converter for your AOD transmission due to the cam while the motor was pulled out.
· Round 4, car tuned and running much better but lazy in the off idle acceleration with the stock 8.8 gears and AOD transmission + your heads and cam combo.
We discussed this and it was suggested that you change the camshaft however you liked the way it sounded and wanted to keep it. I suggested that you change the gears in the rear to something more aggressive like a 4:10 or even the 3:73. You wanted to chew me down on that price - which I was willing to work with you but 3 months later you decide to act like this to me and never say anything or mention you had a problem. (I cannot resolve perception, or concerns if I am not told about them Albert)
Your pay schedule on 3 separate invoices
· Invoice 1 – 3k paid out over 45 days
· Invoice 2 – 3600 paid out over 186 days /parts/tear down/ Additional upgraded parts from you etc. lot went on here
· Invoice 3 – 3k paid out over a 57 day period
I was willing to work with you on cash flow and upgrades and changes to the car as service was rendered. Time included third party machine work, your sourcing and acquiring of parts for the engine, and the intake manifold took a long time for you to get among other things, in addition to, our work flow @ PMP changes while waiting cash flow and your parts! It’s not like you were flush with cash Albert and someone just took your money! It was obviously much more than you presented to the reader herein. In addition, this is not a place to advertise another shop! Really don’t think this response was very professional. I was deceived in believing you had no hardships with PMP and I would have certainly worked to resolve any given a fair chance to know of them first, and address them if you had presented them to me properly – not after the fact and with signed work order(s)!
Used parts, injectors, Ignition, cylinder heads, camshafts etc.. very difficult for a customer to deal with or the results thereof when sought out and purchased by the customer and then blame someone else for your decisions and research thereof. Otherwise, I would have certainly taken care of any tuning issues and or any the labor provided you if there was an error on our side. This is a fact, and regretfully never had a proper chance to know or understand any concerns or perceptions until I read a post 3 months later! Thank you for your business Albert, I do wish you success with the Mustang and hope it will perform well for you soon!!