Pro Modular Performance

Latest Review about 1 month ago
BILL M. on 10/07/2017
"Professionals orientated for perfection "
Kirk was very detailed and safety focusd on perfection for customer satsfaction .
Vehicle: Chevrolet Corvette
Service Date: 09/15/2017
Review Created: 10/07/2017 09:38 PM
CHRIS L. on 09/27/2017
"Excellent Service!"
Great service! Kirk (the owner) really knows his cars.
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 09/19/2017
Review Created: 09/27/2017 06:44 AM
JIM K. on 08/27/2017
"Great first experience - great result"
My teenage son has been adding performance features to his Mustang as he can afford it. Until now, he and I have done all those projects ourselves. He found performance cams he wanted, but that project was more than we were willing to take on in our driveway. My son found pro-modular but I was nervous letting anyone touch the car. We engaged with Kirk via email and he was very responsive and helpful, but I needed to see the shop in person to really be bought in. I dropped by unannounced... Kirk wasn't there but his garage staff was. They were eager to show me around and it was clear that these guys are into what they do! They were excited to show all the performance projects and explain the feature and performance of each. Their passion for their work and the magnitude of the projects other people were entrusting to them, gave me confidence to move forward. From there, we scheduled a day, Kirk said he'd need the car for 2 days and 2 days later it was done. The install, tune and end performance was perfect. It's been a week since we picked up the car and it feels like every hour my son is telling me how awesome his car performs. This was a great first experience for my son.
Service Date: 08/24/2017
Review Created: 08/27/2017 06:16 AM
ALVIN L. on 08/23/2017
"Great people to work with "
Great people to work with.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Blazer
Service Date: 08/17/2017
Review Created: 08/23/2017 06:42 AM
Albert M. on 08/16/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Very over priced! Took my money!!"
I dont recommend PMP! They had my car for 9 months to do very easy swapping engine mods. After 9 months and 10k invested my car ran like shit. Had to take my car to S.A. to a shop called 210 performance so they can finish my car and make it run the way it should've when it left PMP!
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 08/16/2017 10:19 AM
Kirk P., Owner at Pro Modular Performance responded on 08/16/2017

Albert, as stated previously,  I regret to hear from you in this matter.  You know I would have worked with you to resolve any issues/hardships you may have had with PMP. Most Importunely, I never knew of any turmoil in your head because you didn’t express any.   I have a hard time with the idea you would come  to my shop, visit, discuss car, drop parts off to us and or an occasional deposit on the account, shake my hand when you leave over the span of 3  separate invoices and then 3 months later post a surprisingly slanderous and unprofessional review that honestly is a contradiction to other reviews and do so 3 months later after you sign and release the work order I have on file!

To make clear for our readers:

·         you provided a car to us on a tow truck that was dismantled

·         you provided USED heads with valves and springs, USED camshaft, 2 sets of injectors, valve train parts, USED MSD ignition module among many!  We provide Labor and some parts to assemble your used, provide parts!

·         We do not warranty used parts or the outcome of their intended usage.  Nor does any other shop that I know.

·          YOU must assume the risk and cost associated with your choice, your discretion and your research of parts provided to us or any other shop in this business.  That’s just the standard policy of this business nationwide and has never changed.  However, that doesn’t necessarily speak for the specific labor that the shop provides to be clear and fair.

To expose some history of events:

·         The heads were too big with an angled 2.02 valve and large intake runners on stock compression

·         The camshaft was too big.  Sounds nasty and cool, yes however very lazy air flow and not enough compression with the stock bottom-end and on top of all that, a stock and restricted intake manifold and throttle body.  This was on the first attempt to tune the car where I told you the intake would not be enough and kill the motor above 4800.

·         Round 1, dyno time -We could not get the car to accept any tune changes and discovered the ECU had burned up components and traces on the circuit board! That had to be replaced!

·         Round 2, dyno time. Replaced the ECU and now it works.  However, stock intake was a killer and the mufflers were coming apart, blow parts of metal out on the ground from the rusted internals – Car had to get new mufflers and you got us another intake and throttle body

·         Round 3, car runs much better and on the last run, engine developed a cylinder miss and a noise which we thought was a spun cam bearing with no oil getting to the rocker arm.  Could not fix with valve adjustment, spark plug ect.. discovered it was down on compression.  Had to take off your USED head and discovered that valve tapped the piston from floating valves. Same for cyl 2 and 3 etc… I showed you this in person with your girlfriend standing there.   Had to remove your heads and have valve and springs looked at and repaired. Tear down camshaft, inspect bearings then put everything back together with a slightly thicker head gasket for insurance because of the large cam and 2.02 valve and we added a slightly larger converter for your AOD transmission due to the cam while the motor was pulled out.

·         Round 4, car tuned and running much better but lazy in the off idle acceleration with the stock 8.8 gears and AOD transmission  + your heads and cam combo.

We discussed this and it was suggested that you change the camshaft however you liked the way it sounded and wanted to keep it.  I suggested that you change the gears in the rear to something more aggressive like a 4:10 or even the 3:73. You wanted to chew me down on that price - which I was willing to work with you but 3 months later you decide to act like this to me and never say anything or mention you had a problem.  (I cannot resolve perception, or concerns if I am not told about them Albert)

Your pay schedule on 3 separate invoices

·         Invoice 1 – 3k paid out over 45 days

·         Invoice 2 – 3600 paid out over 186 days /parts/tear down/ Additional upgraded parts from you etc. lot went on here

·         Invoice 3 – 3k paid out over a 57 day period

I was willing to work with you on cash flow and upgrades and changes to the car as service was rendered. Time included third party machine work, your sourcing and acquiring of parts for the engine, and the intake manifold took a long time for you to get among other things, in addition to, our work flow @ PMP changes while waiting cash flow and your parts! It’s not like you were flush with cash Albert and someone just took your money! It was obviously much more than you presented to the reader herein. In addition, this is not a place to advertise another shop!  Really don’t think this response was very professional.  I was deceived in believing you had no hardships with PMP and I would have certainly worked to resolve any given a fair chance to know of them first, and address them if you had presented them to me properly – not after the fact and with signed work order(s)!

Used parts, injectors, Ignition, cylinder heads, camshafts etc.. very difficult for a customer to deal with or the results thereof when sought out and purchased by the customer and then blame someone else for your decisions and research thereof.  Otherwise, I would have certainly taken care of any tuning issues and or any the labor provided you if there was an error on our side.  This is a fact, and regretfully never had a proper chance to know or understand any concerns or perceptions until I read a post 3 months later!  Thank you for your business Albert, I do wish you success with the Mustang and hope it will perform well for you soon!!

CHARLES T. on 08/15/2017
"Great Business!!"
I moved from East Texas and needed to find someone who was good with Mustangs, more specifically my 95 Cobra. I found Pro Modular online and called up Kirk. From the start he was very easy to get along with as well as accommodating and informative. We started with the rear end and went from there. The axle was bent and needed to be replaced. From there we ended up putting on a torque arm, removed the existing subframe connectors and replaced with better ones, replaced the crossmember, worked on a custom exhaust from the headers back, necessary modifications to install new blower intake, aluminum radiator and wiring, removed AC components, new belt, new clutch, replaced rear main seal, bump steering kit, MSD ignition, fuel system update, and the list goes on.....Basically, I brought this car to Kirk as a "work in progress" and he has helped me get this car where I want it to be. The only thing left is to take it to the Dyno for tuning. I've been very happy with Kirk and will use him for all future projects.
Service Date: 08/14/2017
Review Created: 08/15/2017 12:24 PM
Kirk P., Owner at Pro Modular Performance responded on 08/16/2017

Charles, Thank you for the business.  Your 95 Cobra is awesome and its been a pleasure to work with you and looking forard to the next build :-)

DEANNA T. on 08/14/2017
"Very happy with my service. "
I'm happy with the service to my Ford F-150 Supercrew truck that has 220,000 miles on it. Kirk and his guys worked on it providing the best service and price. I am glad that I can take it to someone who will treat it as his own. Keeping this truck running and in great shape is something I'm striving to and I know that will happen with the great service they give. See ya again in a few months. Thanks for all you did and that you worked with me on my payment.
Vehicle: Ford F-150
Service Date: 08/11/2017
Review Created: 08/14/2017 09:27 PM
Kirk P., Owner at Pro Modular Performance responded on 08/16/2017

Thank you Dianna. Always a pleasre to work with you and glad we can work with you on the payments. :-)

Albert M. on 08/11/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"PMP sucks! Very over priced! Took my money!!"
So took my 1992 Mustang GT in on June 2016 and didn't get my car back until May 2017. Took about 8/9 months for some very easy engine mods swapping and they took that long?? Really?? During that time my money just kept getting higher/higher. By the time it was done I gave him no BS right at 10k for my cars work. Wow? Tell me why after that long my car ran like shit and it still does. After tuning/Dyno, still runs like shit. He would call me sometimes to give me a quick update but like always would ask for more money and more money. At times I would text/call and nothing after a few days he would eventually reply or call you back. Like I said asking for money. His customer service SUCKS! Once ny car was done, after taking my car for about 2 weeks still running like shit, I went back to speak to him about making my car running right and of course he said I'll look at it but yes it would cost me more money. Well screw that!! So I made my decision to go to San Antonio and let someone else work on my mustang! The guy worked on it for 1 month and got it working 100%..1 month. He said he had to correct lots of BS that PMP didn't do right! Thanks to Chris at 210 performance. Guys don't spend your money at PMP take it elsewhere. I promise it will be very worth it..
Service Date: 04/21/2017
Review Created: 08/11/2017 01:00 PM
Kirk P., Owner at Pro Modular Performance responded on 08/14/2017

Albert, I regret to hear from you in this matter.  You know I would have worked with you to resolve any issues/hardships you may have had with PMP. Most Importunely, I never knew of any turmoil in your head because you didn’t express any.   I have a hard time with the idea you would come  to my shop, visit, discuss car, drop parts off to us and or an occasional deposit on the account, shake my hand when you leave over the span of 3  separate invoices and then 3 months later post a surprisingly slanderous and unprofessional review that honestly is a contradiction to other reviews and do so 3 months later after you sign and release the work order I have on file!

To make clear for our readers:

·         you provided a car to us on a tow truck that was dismantled

To expose some history of events:

Your pay schedule on 3 separate invoices

·         Invoice 1 – 3k paid out over 45 days

·         Invoice 3 – 3k paid out over a 57 day period

Carlos F. on 07/27/2017
Carlos said this business was able to tell him what was wrong with his vehicle by the day when the other facility he took it to could not diagnose it.
Service Date: 06/21/2017
Review Created: 07/27/2017
Jason L. on 06/23/2017
Jason said the business was easy to work with and they did a really good job. They were also very accommodating.
Service Date: 06/20/2017
Review Created: 06/23/2017
SARA W. on 06/20/2017
"Awesome customer service "
This was my first time using these guys and I will definitely go back if I need work done on my car. Great customer service!
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 06/19/2017
Review Created: 06/20/2017 11:37 PM
SCOTT P. on 06/07/2017
"Diagnosed vibration srt8"
Kirk and his crew are excellent. They always diagnose anything in my car and this vibration wasnt an easy fix. Turns out it was a bent cv axel from god knows what but they found the issue and replaced it with ease. If you have a high performance vehicle or luxury performance vehicle take it to these guys. They also do regular vehicle repair but build muscle cars and/or modern day muscle cars.
Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Service Date: 05/31/2017
Review Created: 06/07/2017 07:11 AM
WENDY P. on 05/23/2017
"First Time Customer"
On-line reviews were good so I decided to schedule an appt. Service was great and Kirk was very friendly. I already knew what I needed to have done and I'm glad he confirmed the same issues. The price was great - didn't get hosed. I'll definitely be back.
Service Date: 05/20/2017
Review Created: 05/23/2017 01:17 AM
CHRIS L. on 05/18/2017
"One of the good guys!"
Great service and high level of knowledge!
Vehicle: Mercury Mountaineer
Service Date: 05/17/2017
Review Created: 05/18/2017 11:05 AM
Julio R. on 04/25/2017
Julio said this business provided really good service.
Service Date: 04/19/2017
Review Created: 04/25/2017
SCOTT P. on 04/04/2017
"2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 Header install"
Kirk and his crew are A+ This install on the header job is no joke and very difficult. Also I was on a time crunch to get my car back and his crew stayed later and worked till 8:30 at night to finish up the job. If you are looking for a high performance shop that does excellent work look no further. They do any type of engine you work you may need for your after mkt hot rod or Classic car hot rod. I wouldn't trust anyone else in Austin to touch my car besides these guys!
Vehicle: Chrysler 300
Service Date: 03/31/2017
Review Created: 04/04/2017 11:12 AM
Brad M. on 03/25/2017
Brad said this business did a good job, but he still needs additional work performed. Other than this, he found everything to be good and they were knowledgeable. He mentioned it was supposed to be ready in a day, but when he dropped his vehicle off on Thursday, he did not get it back until the following Monday.
Service Date: 03/06/2017
Review Created: 03/25/2017
Austin H. on 03/25/2017
Austin said the employees at this business were understanding and they helped fix the issue with his vehicle.
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 03/16/2017
Review Created: 03/25/2017
WILLIAM L. on 03/18/2017
"Down home sincere and friendly service from start to finish."
I called Kirk a few weeks ago and ask about getting some Racing Cams put in my Mustang. Kirk was very friendly, gave me good price on the install and tuning which was really less than all other Mustang shops in San Antonio. Worth the trip to drive to Houston. Got to kirks Pro Modular Shop and was taken care of as scheduled time. Kirk went over the intall and keep me updated as they completed the job. In and out with a great running Stang with more power in the hood. Highly recommend Pro Modular to anyone that wants their automobile serviced and coming out with some great performance. Thanks Kirk and your team
Service Date: 03/10/2017
Review Created: 03/18/2017 03:44 PM
Jamie L. on 02/27/2017
Jamie said he had a really good experience with this business. They are great people who provide great service. They fixed his vehicle well. He said he is happy with them and he would be going back.
Service Date: 02/21/2017