ER
ERIC R.
Pflugerville, TX
04/13/2019
Replaced Taurus SHO PTO
When your Power Take Off unit fails it will smell like propane and make a crazy crunching noise. Took it to Ford and they said everything was normal. Ya, sure it is. Took it too Kirk and he replaced the unit in a day.

Justin B.
Georgetown, TX
04/09/2019 Category: Service
Justin said he really likes Kirk, and he has always taken good care of him.

AP
AMBER P.
Pflugerville, TX
03/24/2019
Feels like home
This place feels like home... I called Kirk to see if they could install an upgraded intercooler and spark plugs on my '15 Mustang Ecoboost and he was more than happy to help. I told him the part was on the way; when it shipped in, they installed it the very next day. I chatted with Kirk about some of my concerns with my current tune and he offered to tune my car after the intercooler was installed (the same day). These guys really make you feel welcomed... I'll definitely be back!

P.S. - the car performs awesome now 👌
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 03/27/2019

Amber, thank you so much for the work.  It was a pleasure to work with you and I look forward to having you and your car back for more upgrades.  10% off your next visit!

PJ
PETE J.
03/24/2019
Professional work & great pice
Was provided with professional & humble service from Kirk, the owner. Dropped off my Focus ST for a downpipe install then headed to the Domain for lunch, its literally 1 mile away from PMP. Great location. After a couple hours my car was done. No leaks coming from the downpipe. Will be returning to PMP for more upgrades soon. Glad I found this shop.
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 03/27/2019

Thank you Pete!!! Great to work with you - Cool car! please come see us again Pete. Thank you for the business!!!

Ron B.
Awesome work on my Classic '83 Jeep CJ-7
After getting a partially restored '83 Jeep CJ-7, I needed considerable work on the carburetor, steering, exhaust, and electrical system. I also wanted to add a few accessories (lights, rear bumper tire mount, new seat, console, etc.). My first trip was to JeepMasters, where I spent a few thousand dollars and came away less than satisfied. They could handle the simple accessory add-ons and basic repairs, but didn't solve the real issues I had with keeping it running consistently, and charged $800 for electrical "clean up" that seemed worse than I left it. After a couple months of searching for someone that I felt could handle the work, I ended up with Kirk at ProModular Performance. Within minutes, he was able to diagnose issues and explain why it was running so poorly.

I actually waited 3-4 months before writing this review, because I wanted to make sure the initial improvements lasted...and they have. The Jeep has consistently run extremely well, and came with about a 15-20% gas mileage improvement. There was a combination of things, ranging from timing and carb adjustments to wiring changes and exhaust enhancements (it doesn't reek of gas and exhaust now). As you can see from his thorough responses to the few critical comments here, I found him honest and trying to do his best for me, working through unforeseen expenses as they arose.

They are the only ones that will touch my classic Jeep from now on. For all of you other Jeep owners feeling overcharged and underserved, come see Kirk at ProModular Performance.
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 03/27/2019

Ron!  Thank you so much for the work, we are very greatful and appreciate you. it was a pleasure to do business with you.  Please come see us any time and take 10% off your next visit.  Thank you!!

Jerome B.
03/22/2019
Good but not great. Attention to details. Appearance is just vas important as functionality.
For the last time. I apologise if my standards were too high. Yes the rotor damage is understandable. But if you don't want an honest rating don't ask for one. My overall complaint is all of the other collateral damage (maring of other components) are the issue. Perhaps that is no big deal to you but it is to me. Again whoever decided that it was good does not deserve a 5 star. I came into the shop with the expectation top notch repair. I'm sorry we have different in standards.

FS
FREDDY S.
Dodge Charger
Charger header install
Team went out of the way to make sure job was done correctly while keeping me within budget. Excellent customer service. Only shop I'll be bringing my car to in the future.
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 03/22/2019

Thank you Freddy!!  It was a pleasure to work with you and look forward to future plans for that awesome car of yours!  My Team and I appreciate the business.

JEROME B.
Dodge Challenger
03/21/2019
Good but not great
Why would I changed the score? They were well aware of beating up the car to replace the spring. Had the Dodge dealership never pointed it out I would have never known. But I'm the bad guy . Oh just let it go he'll never see it. I shouldn't have to tell you to replace what you mess up.

03/21/2019
Good but not great
Let me start by saying Kirk is a super nice guy. The end result of modification was successful. However after my visit to the Dodge dealership were I have the car warranty, they pointed out the shoddy workmanship of the installation. It looked pretty beat up underneath. I just feel that there should have been another way to do it without all the damage. I know it's cosmetic but people who know me know that I'm particular about my car. I don't like doing reviews and I don't like to speak bad about people. But this just doesn't sit well with me.
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 03/21/2019

Hi Jerome,

Thanks for calling the other day, March 11, 2019 to share with me a problem reported to you causing some noise from a brake rotor.  We do have an exceptional warranty on our work and would prefer that you would have exercised that option directly with us before proceeding to a Dodge dealer.   I would not refer to it as deliberate or uncaring i.e. shotty, from a biased opinion from a tech at a dealership of the specific error, but more so an oversight of the brake dust cover to rotor contact.  I say this because we drove the car before delivery on 2/18/19 and never heard a noise from anything to indicate a problem and on 3/11/19 You called @ 11:14am to have the matter addressed that was discovered by the tech at a dodge dealer where the brake dust cover had made slight contact with the disc rotor and scratched the rotor surface as it rotated.  You scheduled 3/15/19 to come in on your day off, with zero hassle or attitude from any of us and we quickly address the matter to yours and my complete satisfaction including another test drive before delivery.

We rarely ever have things go unseen like this because we do care - as we test drive and inspect our work carefully as we can before delivery, we are human regardless of how hard we try to be perfect and will always stand by our work 100% as we did for you, and will always do for our customers and why we give a 2 year warranty on our work. I think the “no recommendation” considering our action and response is harsh as we did ultimately deliver on our word and warranty by standing by you and our service rendered without question or hesitation.  Sorry for the scratch on the rotor!

AP
AUSTIN P.
03/19/2019
Great experience.
Kirk was referred to me by my uncle, who had work done many times at pro modular performance. He was able to fit me in quickly. I will definitely use them again.
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 03/20/2019

Thank You.  It was a pleasure to work with you Austin. Anyting you need, just let us know.

PO
Awful customer service
Kirk was an asshole!
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 03/20/2019

Paul,

I regret hearing your frustration!  We do the best we can to accommodate people and their needs and often, financial disposition when times are hard for them.   Regarding your comment, the math just doesn’t add up to your disparaging remarks.
Some basic info and facts here:

·       You purchased the car that came on a trailer to our shop. The car had some internal engine noise.

·       The car is a 1985 Oldsmobile 3.8L v6 car

·       Engine was swapped out for a 350ci Oldsmobile motor and trans

·       The engine cradle was hacked up with a saw, mounts welded to cradle among other suspension issues

·       EFI and all factory electronics disabled

·       Runs on a carburetor

·       The car does not have registration or plates

·       Hacked up wiring on the back of the engine behind the distributor

Here is the Math

We charged you 2k for Labor @ $125/hr that’s 16 hours round trip. We also included the following Labor and parts:

·       Labor: tear down and inspection of original motor

·       Labor: 2 hours at machine shop for inspection

·       Labor: cleanup all engine parts. All were contaminated with metal due to rod bearing/crankshaft damage

·       you ordered a rebuilt short block – we wait 5 weeks for it to be delivered with no fee’s

·       Labor: Assemble your short block with heads and original accessories, including fuel pump, intake, ignition system, valvetrain and valve covers

·       Labor: Paint the new engine for a clean look

·       Labor: clean up some of the wiring

·       Included head gasket set, oil and filter (discounted $163)

·       Included spark plugs and coolant @ $47

·       Put 4 gallons of gas in it.

This is 9 hours of time.  The extra time @ 100/hr is a $900 value not billed + parts valued @ $210.  We have a total of 25 hours in your car converted Oldsmobile!

($2000-$1100=$900) @ 25 hours. That’s $36/hr Paul.  You had $723 tied up in machine work on your heads and a few misc. parts.  You gave me a very hard time over that and didn’t want to even pay it and often came across in our conversations like we should work for free.  You drove the car prior to paying for it along with our driving and starting the car every day for a week.   You paid the balance and took the car and it stalled on you? you called me and one of my techs and I came to see what happened, the carb had no fuel in it!  We pulled the hose off the fuel pump, cranked on the motor and it was working. I reconnected it, cranked on the motor and it fired up.  I told you if it did that again to let me know and stated that your original fuel pump will need to be replaced. I asked you to let me know and you shook my hand and we left.  I find your comments extremely selfish, ungrateful and inconsiderate to say the least.

The math and our good intentions for you just doesn’t add up to your disparaging comments!

GW
GARY W.
Westhoff, TX
03/15/2019
Complete Trust
I have known Kirk for about two years and he is one of the only people that I trust to modify or service my vehicles. I’m a hands on old hot rodder and have always turned my own wrenches but, I just don’t always have the time these days or the custom tuning experience.
Just want to say thanks to Kirk and his crew at pro modular performance.

Love my twin turbo Mustang!
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 03/19/2019

Thank you Gary.  I appreciet your business and earnign your trust.  Its always a plelasure to do business with you and we are very greatfull.

PL
Perry L.
La Vernia, TX
12/10/2018
Jeepers extreme
Hey all I brought my 2016 Jeep Wrangler unlimited S AEV edition to Kirk after reading reviews for months in the desert of Saudi Arabia and boy the guys there live up to their name from the reviews!!! They are class A and Kirk from the start was polite informative knowledgeable like talking to an old friend. They installed an Edelbrock E Force supercharger along with Flowmaster outlaw cat back exhaust and boost gauge... top notch.. now my little JK pentastar engine has a big dose of steroids 😃. I’d highly recommend Kirk and his team for any upgrades and performance work to any vehicle. Kirk will now be a life time friend and advisor to anything HP for me and my friends!!
Thx guys

NH
Nelson H.
Hatfield, AR
11/06/2018
Great Customer Service
I brought my 1997 corvette to Pro Modular Performance after reading the reviews. I had been corresponding through text and on the phone with Kirk. I live in Arkansas, and dropped off my vehicle for a up dated exhaust system and tune. He did a great job! Once I arrived to pick up my car ( we had not met in person) I told him who I was it was like seeing an old friend. He explained everything that was done. He kept me informed throughout the process/install which was refreshing! Stayed within the price we had agreed to just outstanding all the way around. I will use pro Modular again.

NH
Nelson H.
Hatfield, AR
11/04/2018
I picked up my 1997 corvette this weekend and met Kirk for the first time. We had been talking and texting but had not met in person. Once we met it was like seeing an old friend. Kick had been keeping me informed on the situation and where we where on my vehicle. His customer service was outstanding! He explained everything that they did washed my vehicle(it was raining when I delivered to his shop). The tune is outstanding, Kirk took me for demonstration of how the vehicle perform after the work that was done. The smile on my face said it all.excellent work and service.

Kenneth M.
08/26/2018
Great customer service, awesome work
I took my 2011 mustang gt in 2017 to Kirk to get a custom tune and Kirk did a Awesome job
Also just took my 2016 mustang gt for a custom tune and dyno and got headers and exhaust put on.
Kirk and his crew are awesome and would recommend anyone with a muscle car who needs custom work to go see Them at Pro modular performance.
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 10/25/2018

Kenneth, thank you so much for the business and the time you took to write us a review.  I appreciate you.

James K.
Texas
06/18/2018 Category: Service
Jerry said this business did a good job.
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 06/26/2018

Thank you James!! Glad we could help you and thank you so much for the opportunity to work on your car. Come see me again for 10% off Labor of your next visit.

Chris H.
Chevrolet Corvette
06/14/2018 Category: Service
Chris said the service wasn't the best, but it was good.
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 06/26/2018

Thank you Chris for the business, we are grateful and for the time to write a positive review.  Also want to express our gratitude for the $200 tip you made to my tech! WOW, so nice!! I am glad we could work with you and your cash flow schedule of 30 days or ss, in Addition,  the discounted work we provided you.  Thank you!

Chris S.
Texas
05/21/2018 Category: Service
Chris said they did an outstanding job.
Kirk P., Owner from Pro Modular Performance responded on 06/26/2018

Thank you Chris for the business. We really appreciate it and the time you took writing a review.

ROMAN R.
04/24/2018
Best profermance place in Austin
What can I say, Kirk and his crew are the best at what they do. I'm grateful that Kirk is a very patient and very understanding guy. Seeing and hearing my car put a smile on my face. I would definitely recommend anyone and everyone looking for a proformece shop this is the team you need to go too. The price wasn't high and Kirk will work with you and will answer any questions you my have and will help you on the route you need or looking to get the best out of your car. Once again thanks Kirk and your crew.

Kyle M.
04/24/2018 Category: Service
Kyle said the service was pretty good.