Pughs Tire And Service Ctr Inc #4

CD
Charlene D.
04/05/2018
Worst experience
This company is racist and have the worst customer service I ever experienced in my life. I went to get two new tires on my car and they returned my car with scratches to the rim that were not there first. I informed them of this and they called me a liar. And would not fix the damages. The manager was rude and dismissed my claims. I would never do business with them again. I spent $400 on those tires. I drive a fairly new Mercedes Benz and they damages they did to the rims are expensive to fix.

FYI:If you ever go to them take pictures of your car before they do any work on it.

Jana F.
Walstonburg, NC
11/10/2017
Feeling disrespected
Bought a set of tires. On the way home there was a bad vibration that was not there before. I had to wrestle the steering wheel between 45 and 65 mph. Took it back and the man said a weight had come off and they fixed it. On the way home the vibration was still there. Took it back and told the man that I had to fight the steering wheel at 45. They checked and said a rear rim was slightly bent. I guess because I'm a woman and not mechanically inclined, I was supposed to believe a rear rim was causing the steering wheel to shake. Took it to Mr. Tire and they found a front tire out of balance. Paid $29 for balance and no vibration. I am so disappointed and will not be giving Pugh's any more of my time or money.

john w.
Clermont, FL
06/18/2017
poor service in general , nice to your face, but poor service in the background.
The guys doing the alignment are not fully trained up , more guess work than true workmanship ! you can leave in a worse state than you arrived !

HH
Hhhhh H.
03/01/2017
Awful service
Anything they tell you times that by two , on cost of repairs, how long you will be waiting , and customer service . Pathetic

Jim L.
11/25/2016
I have been getting my tires at Pughs on Dickenson Ave. Reciently I encountered a problem and Mr. Frankie Pugh handeled my problem with speed and effeciency. Frankie, Doug, and the entire crew are top notch in my book. Today after taking care of my problem, Mr. Frankie Pugh apologized for my problem. They are great.

Mark R.
03/05/2015
Customer Service - Hardly
Stopped by one of their stores to get a nail pulled (granted it was 4:45) the rep said that they had enough work that they got off at 5:30. When I asked if another store could do it, he said that he had called them earlier and they too had enough work. Not too happy with the response and as I walked out, he said oh I can call them. What a joke after he just told me they too were busy. Never will I use these people again. I would have been dissapointed, but if he would have made the effort I would have accepted this. Maybe they should teach there employees to think a little, especially since they are the face of the company. So again not a place I would ever use.

BOBBY S.
Mercedes-Benz E350
01/21/2015
Terrible customer service
The older guy up front is great and genuine. The tall heavy set younger guy is not, in fact he gives me a bad feeling that he lies to me. I don't like being lied to, if your not sure, say that, don't lie to me. My gut feeling with him is just not to do business with him, he gives me a bad feeling personally, I can't put my finger on it, I wish I could so I could help him with whatever his problem is with customer service.
This leads me to the real reason I am giving a poor review. I had a second set of tires put on a second vehicle of mine, why wouldn't customer service personel tell me it would be the right time to replace my tire pressure monitors? Now I am paying to have them replaced, paying to remount the tires, paying to have them refilled with nitrogen, etc. This makes me feel like I have been taken advantage of from Pughes. I am extremely worried about this since I also paid for some sort of expensive warranty to have the tires rotated, refilled etc, it was the best/most expensive warranty Pushes had. I am now willing to forfeit the warranty because it would be cheaper for me to go to Leith Mercedes, all the way to Raleigh and have them work on the car knowing they would do the right thing to begin with, and I could trust them.
About three months before I brought the car in I scraped the rim on a curb. The valve stems are inset and do not stick out from the rim at all.
After I had the new tires put on, I was out of town a lot for at least two months, with my car. The tire pressure monitor kept telling me that one of the tires was low. I was in Atlanta and had it checked, it was messed up and the Mercedes place told me that not only did the monitors needed to have been replaced, because it was showing on their monitor, but the stem looked like it was not installed properly and it was broken. They told me it would be OK to get back to NC, (my friend is part owner of that Mercedes dealership in Atlanta) and have Pughes replace it since it was messed up. Well, when I got back, Pughes told me that I had done it when I scraped the curb. Pughes didnot know that I had scraped the curb months before. I felt lied to.
Pughes put a new tire pressure sensor in. It did not work, I brought it back, after leaving it there all day and nobody contacting me, I called. I spoke with a buyer and he told me it needed another tire pressure monitor and there would be an additional charge of a 150 or 200 bucks. I told him I did not understand why I needed to pay to have the tire rebalanced and mounted, etc after I had already paid for a sensor and to have it installed, ~120.00. He said it was the additional cost of the new sensor, I called the Mercedes dealer and they are less expensive than that. I felt lied to again.
It is now time for my rotation and I am uneasy about having Pughes do it, I still have the car telling me that I have a tire pressure monitor missing, since I have not been back. And furthermore, after this review, I don't want to go back to Pughes as I think they may mess something up on my car since I wrote this. I'm pretty sure Pughes Memorial will never touch my car again unless I get a phone call apologizing for all of this and some sort of Fair resolution. I'm not expecting to get everything for free, but just be fair with me.
I am in sales and meet people all day long. I grew up here in Greenville, and am an honest Christian man. I grew up at Greenville Christian Academy, went to church and youth group at Trinity Free Will Baptist, D. H. Conley for high school. I have known Pughes all my life, I have always traded my car when I needed tires, but now I am trying to keep my cars longer to save some money. But if this is the experience I am going to get from Pughes, I'll pay extra to the dealer to avoid all of this drama that Pughes has caused.

CHRIS M.

BJ
BRENDA J.
12/27/2014
Trust worthy
They are trust worthy and Robbie and the other front desk folks are very friendly and caring.

DF
DAN F.
Jeep Compass
12/24/2014
I have been going to this Pugh's for years and they treat me great every time I walk in the door.

CYNTHIA B.
12/16/2014
Me. George Pugh's legacy!!!
Extremely satisfied!

MARILYN P.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
12/14/2014
Polite, friendly staff
I went in with no appointment. They were able to diagnose the problem within a reasonable amount of time. Plus same day service.

NV
NANCY V.
12/09/2014
Wonderful and courteous counter agents
The men on the counter are polite and knowledgeable. The service was fast and efficient.
Jim from Pughs Tire And Service Ctr Inc #4 responded on 12/11/2014

Nancy,

Robby and Thomas both do a great job and we are so happy that they are Pugh's team members.
We appreciate your support and we hope to see you again soon.

Thanks for choosing Pugh's

TC
TAWANA C.
Chevrolet Silverado
12/08/2014
in the past. ..everything. this time nothing.
Been going to you a long time and we have always had great service. However this time was not. To long to explain. But I will think twice about going to you again.
Jim from Pughs Tire And Service Ctr Inc #4 responded on 12/08/2014

Tawana- I am very familar with your situation that happened this past Saturday and I hate that it caused you any grief but I am glad I was able to speak with you today and hope that you feel better about dealing with Pugh's. Please know that I agree your issue was a odd situation but we were able to get you taken care, I just wish it would have gone a little smoother.

Your business has and always will be valued and I thank you for the communication.

I look forward to seeing you again in he future.
Pugh's Tire & Service Centers

DWIGHT L.
Ford
12/08/2014
Very professional
As always great service and friendly staff

GM
GINGER M.
12/06/2014
Have always had a good experience with this business.

WB
WILLIAM B.
Ayden, NC
Chevrolet Uplander
They have great service
I am glad that I come in contact with Pugh tire's, There customer Service and there mechanics are great, I like the service.

EB
ERMA B.
service history
When I walk into Pugh ' s it still has a hometown feel. I appreciate them calling me by name. They are also honest about the wait time.

LR
LOIS R.
11/26/2014
Always professional
I'Ve been bring my vehicles to Pugh's since moving to Greenville a few years ago, and have never had a bad experience. Great staff and always quick in, quick out. Will continue to use them for all my auto needs.
Jim from Pughs Tire And Service Ctr Inc #4 responded on 11/28/2014

Lois,

Thank you so much for the kind words!! We appreciate you and all of our great, loyal customers that keep our engines running!!

MICHEAL B.
Kia Sedona
11/09/2014
Robbie is very nice and helpful
Good service and adequate time
Jim from Pughs Tire And Service Ctr Inc #4 responded on 11/28/2014

Micheal,,

Thank you for the great feedback about Robby! He loves his job and his great customers like yourself!! Look forward to seeing you in the near future!