Renton Kia

Overall Rating 4.25/5Overall Rating 4.25/5Overall Rating 4.25/5Overall Rating 4.25/5rating 4.25
Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5

Vehicle: KIA OPTIMA HYBRID
Review Created: 12/23/2015 05:22 PM
Amber M. on 12/22/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Single women beware!! Run far from this place!"
I found the car I knew I wanted and made a two hour round trip drive. I was promised a 25.00 gas card... That never happened even after asking three times. I mentioned I wanted the lowest price offered on the Edmonds car site and was told that they just wouldn't. I should have known then to walk away. There went a thousand dollars. After taking the car home I found the alignment pulled and after a trip to the vet with our cat in the back I discovered the door unlatched on its own. They took the car in to have it fixed and promised to fill the tank. The parts department never got this message so again a broken promise. I took the car home to find the alignment fixed but the latch still not working right and now the lights dim. Not the battery but possibly the alternator. Also a loud screeching when starting it up from a belt under the hood. Upon calling I get no one calling back, emailing back, or willing to resolve the matter. The three month warranty is crap if they don't honor it. It sounded like a nice and reliable family run legacy of a car lot... Instead it's like so many others out there seeking to take advantage of you and writing you off as soon as you leave the building. Dissapointing that it's come to this.
Category: Sales
Sales Date: 10/23/2015
Review Created: 12/22/2015 10:37 AM
HONORE M. on 12/14/2015
"Work good - Communication, not so good"
Got a 2nd anniversary of my purchase call, so made an appt to get some warranty issues looked in to. They turned out not to be covered, but dim headlights meant I needed a new alternator and that was covered. Since I bought my used Nissan Xterra there, they don't have Nissan parts. Add a day to the repairs. No money for a rental car, but just one additional day I could swing a ride to/from Seattle I guess. Late afternoon on "It will be done tomorrow" day, and no word on when I could pick it up. Left a VM for the Svc Mgr. Still no word. Called back, asked for the Svc Dept and they had no record of my car, "Are you sure you don't mean Yonkers Nissan across the street?". Um, no, but they HAD connected me to HONDA Svc not KIA svc. Called back again, my Svc Mgr is off today so they'll have someone else call me back with status. An hour later (it's 5:15 now, I'm in Seattle, this isn't going well), I called back again and sat on hold for 10 minutes only to find out that it wont be ready until tomorrow. Needless to say, not at all the news I needed. Another day of coordinating a ride to/from Seattle (I needed to be on job sites, as well, so this WAS also affecting my job - thanks guys). Luckily, my son could lend me his 1989 GMC work truck and also lucky that this meant I could actually head straight to the shop at 9am and pick up my car - which was READY already. The two guys in service - awesome, patient with a not-so-happy me. But overall communication - be diligent, call early and call often for status/update.
Vehicle: NISSAN XTERRA
Review Created: 12/14/2015 09:54 AM
BRIANNA L. on 12/11/2015
"👍"
Genuine care.
Vehicle: KIA FORTE
Review Created: 12/11/2015 07:22 AM
SARAH M. on 12/09/2015
"I wasn't at Renton Kia on December 8th"
I had an appointment on October 10th because my speaker blown on my 2015 Kia Soul. They treated me like an idiot that has never listened to music before. The removed all bass from the speakers and told me the speakers were fine. When I disagreed they said they would go ahead and order the speaker. It has been 2 months and I still have the same blown speaker even after emailing them expressing my dissatisfaction.
Vehicle: KIA SOUL
Review Created: 12/09/2015 04:22 PM
PHILLIP B. on 12/09/2015
"The lack of communication to the customer"
I would give the Service department a 5 out of 10. This is due to the lack of communication they gave me in regards to my part being done on time
Review Created: 12/09/2015 10:17 AM
JOY S. on 12/08/2015
"new cars"
Great deals, good service & great to work with
Service Date: 12/03/2015
Review Created: 12/08/2015 04:46 AM
Angela M., Senior Customer Care Specialist at Renton Kia responded on 12/08/2015

Thank you for your business, Joy!  We appreciate you!

DAVID F. on 12/06/2015
"Excellent Servive and Follow-up"
My check engine light came on, but the initial visit didn't show any error codes, so Renton Kia cleared the light, and did do an ECU upgrade. That cured the mild stumble I was experiencing, but the CEL came back the following day, although with no change in car performance (which was excellent now). They were happy to have me come in following the trip I was on at the time, and now found an error code - defective transmission temp sensor. They replaced the sensor and also changed transmission fluid at my request. Throughout, the service representative kept me well-informed, and the work was done very quickly and thoroughly.
Review Created: 12/06/2015 04:36 PM
Angela M., Senior Customer Care Specialist at Renton Kia responded on 12/07/2015

We are happy we could assist you, David!  Thank you so much for allowing us to repair the sensor for you!  Our goal is to make sure you are on the road safely; we are glad to have been able to find the error code and get you on your way.

Don't hesitate to call on us if you need anything before your next visit!

All the best,

MICHAEL E. on 12/06/2015
"Routine service "
The customer service is great.
Review Created: 12/06/2015 06:18 AM

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you!  Please do not hesitate to call on us if you need anything, Michael.

Kind regards,

GARY B. on 12/05/2015
"Service "
Review Created: 12/05/2015 07:36 PM

Thank you!

JENNIFER Y. on 12/04/2015
"Superb staff"
The staff are great and easy to talk to....
Service Date: 12/03/2015
Review Created: 12/04/2015 10:45 PM

Thank you for your business, Jennifer!  We appreciate you!

DARREN H. on 12/04/2015
"Love this dealer."
I would have given them 5 stars, but last time I was in I thought the work would be covered by my warranty since I never received an estimate before the work was completed and that was not the case. When my car was done I had a bill for $74. :-(
Vehicle: KIA SEDONA
Review Created: 12/04/2015 09:53 AM
Angela M., Senior Customer Care Specialist at Renton Kia responded on 12/04/2015

Thank you for your feedback, Darren!

We will make sure your feedback gets to our Service Manager - our goal is to provide accurate communication, that includes providing estimates before work is started.

We apologize for the miscommunication.  If there is anything else I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to let me know.

CHUCK L. on 12/03/2015
"EXCELLENT SERVICE"
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE & REPAIRS
Vehicle: MINI COOPER HARDTOP
Review Created: 12/03/2015 09:44 AM
Angela M., Senior Customer Care Specialist at Renton Kia responded on 12/03/2015

Always a pleasure to see you, Chuck!  Thank you for your loyalty to Renton Kia!

ROBERT C. on 12/02/2015
"Kia Truth or Lie"
Last time we were they said we needed a new battery but this time it was suddenly cured ? Then they told us are back brakes were at 2mm but we went to have then checked my someone else they said they were at 6mm.Do we believe these people or not ?
Vehicle: KIA RIO
Review Created: 12/02/2015 07:29 PM

Good morning, Robert,

We are truly sorry to see your review.  As I am not aware of your recent service visits, I am forwarding your feedback to my Service Manager, Jim Ackerman, for follow-up.  He should be in touch with you shortly.  We look forward to having the opportunity to resolve your concerns.

Kindest regards,

BETSY W. on 12/01/2015
"Friendly"
Review Created: 12/01/2015 08:15 PM
Angela M., Senior Customer Care Specialist at Renton Kia responded on 12/02/2015

Thank you, Betsy!

CRYSTAL N. on 12/01/2015
"Doesn't do the right thing"
I arrived with an appointment booked and they couldn't find it. Then they said they would try to make time for me, but chided me about making an appointment (as if I hadn't made one and it was my fault they lost the appointment). Then, we took a test drive with a wheel bearing clearly breaking down and they swore up and down that nothing was wrong and I was hearing things in my head. I had several mechanic friends tell me there was a serious problem. I am at 85,000 miles and my warranty expires at 100,000. They told me the wheel bearing would be a problem for a while so they refused to fix it. Then they wanted to charge me a 68.00 inspection fee. It was unbelievable.
Vehicle: KIA RIO
Review Created: 12/01/2015 04:35 PM
RAINEE H. on 11/29/2015
"Genuinely taken care of..."
Took my car in for a routine oil change, tire rotation, reported squeaky breaks and door unlocking non response. They were polite, patient and informative. They kept me informed of when my car would be ready. It took slightly longer than expected however they were short staffed. I had no issue with this since it was a day after a major holiday. Upon returning to pick up my car I noticed they had not performed my tire rotation. I pointed this out and without missing a beat Dorian very politely and genuinely aplogized and booked me an appointment the next morning guaranteeing it would completed free of charge. Now I wasn't thrilled to have to come back but was happy with how the matter was handled. Thank you! My tire rotation was done in no time the next morning. Mistakes happen and this one was handled well.
Service Date: 11/28/2015
Review Created: 11/29/2015 04:22 PM
Angela M., Senior Customer Care Specialist at Renton Kia responded on 11/30/2015

Hi Rainee!

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to take care of error on our part.  We sincerely apologize for the necessity of having to return to the dealership, we know that is an inconvenience for you.

We are glad Dorian was able to schedule an appointment for you and get you in and out quickly.  We look forward to continuing our relationship with you, and hope you will let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

JESSICA H. on 11/29/2015
"My visit"
Everyone was friendly and honest.
Service Date: 11/27/2015
Review Created: 11/29/2015 10:02 AM

Thank you for your business, Jessica!

Kind regards,

DAVID C. on 11/25/2015
"n/a"
n/a
Service Date: 11/24/2015
Review Created: 11/25/2015 09:23 PM

Hi David,

Renton Kia strives for five stars on each and every visit - that means we are providing you with excellent service.  Is there anything we can do for you to improve service for you?

ROBERT F. on 11/25/2015
"Service appointment for routine service."
The service and parts folks are awesome. Knowlegible, friendly, and highly responsive when asked questions. And the price for my service was about half of what I thought it would be. Bonus.
Vehicle: KIA SOUL
Service Date: 11/24/2015
Review Created: 11/25/2015 07:59 PM

We are pleased to provide you service at a lower price than you expected!  It's always a surprise when you get a bill that is less than you are expecting!

We look forward to continuing to serve you - please do not hesitate to call on us!

All the best,