RMS & Sons Car Care Center

Michael K. on 12/01/2016
"Routine Oil Change Resulted in Something So Much Better!"
Brought in my 2010 Subaru Forester for an overdue oil change. Bob completed the job and mentioned my tires were getting very thin which I already knew needed to be replaced. So I asked him to price tires. He also said I had a crack in my steering wheel column and it was slowly leaking fluid. I had recently noticed fluid on my garage floor but thought it was from a few weeks earlier when I added oil to my lawnmower. He told me what it would cost to replace the column (not cheap.) He also said the timing belt and water pump assembly was past due to be replaced and I was driving on borrowed time (should be replaced at the latest 120k miles, I have 132k.) And I needed new spark plugs! Adding up all the numbers it was looking like it would cost me somewhere between $2,500 - $3,000 depending on the tires I chose. Bob threw out a suggestion of maybe it's time to consider a new vehicle while I can still get trade-in value for current vehicle. I hadn't considered it but he was absolutely right! Bob made this recommendation even though all this work could have been a huge and profitable job for his garage. That just goes to show the type of person Bob is, and how he conducts his business. He truly has the customer's best interest in mind! You won't find many places like this. And the story gets better. The next day I begin the search for a new vehicle. Coincidentally the day after that my vehicle won't start after a late night at the office. I'm a little stressed because I only need a couple more days to trade in my current vehicle and purchase a new one, and don't need any complications. I'm hoping it's simply a dead battery and not one of the issues Bob & I discussed a couple of days earlier, but I'm worried because I had not inadvertently left my lights on or previously had any trouble with my battery. I call Triple A for a jump start. I wait an hour and 10 minutes and they finally arrive. When they take the battery cover off it is caked with corrosion. The guy wipes it off and eventually gets the car going. He says give the battery 15 minutes to charge and leaves. I go back into the office to wait. When I come back out to head home the car immediately stalls out. I'm almost in tears because 1. it's nearly 10 p.m. and I don't want to wait another hour for another jump start, 2. I think it's something more serious than the battery, and 3. I just want to trade in my current vehicle without having to put any work into it. I call my wife for a ride home and leave the vehicle at my office overnight. The next day I call Bob and tell him the story. He says get the vehicle to me however you can and I will look at it. I call Triple A again and they eventually start the car. It's a nervous three mile drive to RMS & Sons Car Care Center as my car manages to sputter along without stalling this time. I get a ride back to the office and then pick the car up later that day. Bob says it's working now. I am so relieved and beyond grateful. I ask how much I owe and I'm ready to pay anything, I'm just so happy. He says there is no charge. I think I don't hear him correctly and ask again how much I owe. He says nothing because all he had to do was put in a little extra elbow grease to wipe down some hidden corrosion on the inside of the connector cable that attaches to the battery. It took no time at all and I should be good to go. Who takes care of their customers like that? It's a testament to Bob's character and honesty. I would have gladly paid anything under the circumstances and wouldn't have known any better. I cannot reiterate enough how well Bob takes care of his customers! I literally felt guilty about not being charged so the least I could do is take the time to write a glowing review and share my positive experience with everybody. In full disclosure I had given Bob a great review a couple of years ago when he did a fantastic job taking car of my wife's vehicle, but it was nothing compared to this saga. Bob went way, way beyond what was expected of him. I am not a mechanical person and really don't like anything having to do with cars. I especially dread having to bring my car to a mechanic when I know there is an obvious big problem because of several bad past experiences (hello Boch Service Center for a pre-owned vehicle supposedly covered under warranty with a mechanical issue not properly fixed the first time only to resurface again after the warranty expires, but I digress.) With Bob and RMS & Sons, you can rely on dependable service at a fair price. Bob will give you honest advice based on what he discovers during his service. It is the only garage where I don't get the feeling in the pit of my stomach that I'm somehow being taken advantage when it comes to auto repairs because Bob has proven to me on more than one occasion he puts his customer's needs first, and for me that feeling is as good as gold. I highly recommend RMS & Sons Car Care Center and suggest you visit Bob and his sons for your car care needs!
Vehicle: Subaru Forester
Service Date: 11/26/2016
Review Created: 12/01/2016 10:17 AM
Bob S. at RMS & Sons Car Care Center responded on 12/02/2016

Wow Mike, thank you for the great review. It was my pleasure to help you out this week.
Thanks again
Bob

Elizabeth M. on 11/24/2016
"Great service"
Really nice people and service is done in a timely manner
Vehicle: Pontiac G6
Service Date: 11/05/2016
Review Created: 11/24/2016 06:36 AM
Katleen F. on 11/24/2016
"Excellent "
Great work done on my Dads car. Ready for the winter - Oil change, tires rotated, fluids checked! Perfect
Vehicle: Lexus ES 330
Service Date: 11/11/2016
Review Created: 11/24/2016 05:49 AM
Christine M. on 11/19/2016
"Great Service"
Great customer service. Explained in detail exactly what needed to be done. Vehicle was done in the time promised. I was also shown the damaged parts that were replaced.
Vehicle: GMC Terrain
Service Date: 11/04/2016
Review Created: 11/19/2016 05:03 PM
Richard D. on 11/17/2016
"Great place to get your car fixed"
Best mechanic in town
Vehicle: Ford Five Hundred
Service Date: 11/01/2016
Review Created: 11/17/2016 03:24 AM
Bart B. on 10/29/2016
Bart said they got his vehicle in and out. They did the job and he is very happy.
Vehicle: Ford Ranger
Service Date: 10/24/2016
Review Created: 10/29/2016
Dawn B. on 09/30/2016
Dawn said the work was done in a timely manner, they were professional and the price was reasonable.
Vehicle: Hyundai Tucson
Service Date: 09/24/2016
Review Created: 09/30/2016
Errol R. on 09/29/2016
"Old school service. Professional, prompt and courteous"
Having our car and truck serviced by RMS for the last ten years or so. Couldn't be more pleased.
Love the service and love the price. We tell everyone about them.
Vehicle: Lexus RX 350
Service Date: 09/14/2016
Review Created: 09/29/2016 06:54 AM
Gary M. on 09/27/2016
Gary said he always had great service, with a great outcome. He has never had to return to the business, to have service corrected.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 09/01/2016
Review Created: 09/27/2016
Adriana M. on 09/26/2016
Adriana said the business did a good job with the repairs. Two days later, the power steering line went out.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 09/09/2016
Review Created: 09/26/2016
Deborah D. on 09/24/2016
"RMS is the only car center that I trust."
Great service! Knowledgeable, friendly, efficient, and honest!
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 08/26/2016
Review Created: 09/24/2016 07:41 AM
Sonja F. on 09/24/2016
Sonja said her experience was fantastic. She has been dealing with Bob for years, and loves his service because he is fair, very convenient, and always has time to fit her in.
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 09/17/2016
Review Created: 09/24/2016
Carlos B. on 09/24/2016
Carlos said the business was honest. They tell him what needs to be done.
Vehicle: Cadillac DeVille
Service Date: 09/09/2016
Review Created: 09/24/2016
Halina M. on 08/27/2016
Halina said the service provided by the business was done well and they did what was asked. She will use their service again in the future.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 08/08/2016
Review Created: 08/27/2016
James M. on 08/25/2016
James said they did a great job on all of his vehicles.
Vehicle: Pontiac Grand Prix
Review Created: 08/25/2016
Dorothee L. on 08/25/2016
Dorothee said this is a super business. She really likes them. They are honest.
Vehicle: Kia Spectra
Review Created: 08/25/2016
Katleen F. on 08/24/2016
"Quick service"
Loved scheduling my oil change on- line. So quick and easy. Great price too on synthetic oil change. Thank you!
Vehicle: Lexus ES 330
Review Created: 08/24/2016 07:13 AM
Brenda H. on 08/24/2016
"R.M. Stark & Sons"
Bob and his sons always perform thorough and honest repairs and servicing of our two cars. He always communicates what is needed and makest recommendations for alternative servicing.
Vehicle: Mercury Sable
Service Date: 08/06/2016
Review Created: 08/24/2016 06:52 AM
Ronald L. on 08/17/2016
"atmosphere "
I always have a satisfied visit and have no complains
Vehicle: Kia Sedona
Service Date: 08/02/2016
Review Created: 08/17/2016 01:05 AM
Chris G. on 07/30/2016
Chris said she is very happy with the service provided by this business and she is very happy she goes to them.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup