Rydell Chevrolet Northridge

Darja M.
Los Angeles, CA
05/06/2018
Don't buy cars from Racquel!!
AVOID BUYING CARS FROM RACQUEL!!!!!!!
I couldn't have imagined a worse experience.
I was interested in buying Huyndai Elantra. I went there to see the car. The woman named Racquel was my dealer. The car seemed to be ok. Before buying a car, I wanted to take it to a mechanic and have inspected. On Friday, I informed Racquel about my willingness to have the car inspected on Saturday. She agreed and I told her that I would come at 10am. She said 'ok'.
Next day at 10 am, Racquel was not there. I was calling her and she wasn't answering my phones. I was starting to be annoyed since my appointment with the mechanic was supposed to be at 10.30 and I just wanted to take the car from Racquel and bring it to the mechanic. Finally, Racquel arrived-late 35 minutes(!!!). I was already angry and asked her why she hadn't informed me that she was going to be late. Her answer was (I quote): "When you work every day from 8 to 11, you have the right to be late." Wow. What a rude attitude. And no, she didn't apologize.
Then, after looking at her computer, she said: 'The car was sold yesterday." I was SHOCKED. I just spoke to Racquel one day before and she didn't inform me about selling the car!! I came there on Saturday with my friend from San Diego who wanted to help me. We wasted 3 hours of our life. Racquel was extremely rude all the time. She didn't apologize and was treating us in a terrible way.
Avoid this place at all costs. Most importantly, avoid the woman named Racquel who knows NOTHING about how to approach a customer. Save your time and find another dealer.

TA
The A.
Winnetka, CA
10/08/2015
Worst Customer Service
My husband took the car to the shop at Rydell and the initial meeting was great. He was reassured everything would be taken care of and we would have nothing to worry about. We would get a call as soon as the repairs were done. The car needed a new front bumper and the back bumper would be fixed. About a week and a half later, my husband received a call that the car was ready to be picked up. We were very excited. We stopped by the shop to take a look at the car and make sure it looked brand new again; this was a Thursday evening. As we were reviewing the car, we noticed that the front bumper, which was replaced, had a chip. Then as we looked at the rear bumper we noticed it had a scuff mark. The chrome piece in the front looked old and dingy. It looked like it did not belong on our car. We went to the auto body shop office and spoke to the service person there by the name of Anthony. We told him there were some things we needed him to look at with us that we noticed on the car. We showed him the chip and the scuff on the bumpers; mentioned the chrome . He stated, ok don't worry we will get it fixed. First of all, how does a business that does repairs, NOT check their own work before calling a customer to pick up their car? I don't understand why we would get a call saying everything was done, when clearly things were not reviewed. Anthony advised us the "fixes" would be done by the next day (Friday) around 3pm and he would call us first to confirm. Friday came and went, no call. Saturday & Sunday the shop is closed. No call. Monday came, no call; Tuesday came, no call. My husband drove to the shop on Wednesday morning and spoke to the shop manager Dan and expressed to him the frustration we had with the car not being completely done and then never receiving the call we were promised. They went to review the car again and noticed the chrome pieces in the front looked the same. They looked old, like they belonged on a different car. Dan stated he would get those replaced and it would take another day to get those parts in. He told my husband that he would leave a message for his service guy Anthony to call us as soon as everything was done. Now it is Friday morning, again no call. By now, we don't know if anyone will ever call us, so we decided to drive by the dealer that night to check if the car is even there. Around 10pm at night we went to Rydell and sure enough, our car is parked on the inside lot. We take a look at it and walk around to make sure things were fixed as they promised. The front & rear bumpers look okay now, no chip or scuff. When we look inside the car, we notice the driver side door has greasy finger print stains on the side wall and the driver seat also has stains. Our car is light in color, Champagne interior. We have been very careful with this car, making sure that we take care of the interior, especially because of the color it is. It is so easy to see any stains and I am very OCD about this. I expect that an establishment like this would have the foresight to ensure that anyone that gets inside a car they are working on, is careful about not getting it dirty or at least cleaning it up if they do! My husband did go inside the show room and spoke to the person who was on duty that night. We are beyond frustrated and upset with the type of customer service we have received, or actually lack thereof. My husband and I both work in customer service and we understand what a big deal it is to keep your word. If you tell a customer you will contact them on a specific day, you do it. Even if the news is not what you told them it would be. It is common courtesy to follow up with the customer. The rental place wanted to charge an extra fee because the dealer told the insurance we didn't pick up the car when it was done last week! Hello, are you serious? So my husband had to explain to KELLY the situation and the lack of communication that occurred and why we didn't already have our car. This man ensured us they would take care of the bill when we picked up our car. My husband went to pick up the car on 9/23. Mind you, we did NOT get a call, again! The car was sitting in the same place we saw it on Friday night. Same stains in the driver side door and seat. He spoke to Kelly about the issues we had and he had the shop clean up the stains as much as they could before turning in the car. Well today Hertz charged me over $100 for the extra days we had the car, 2 weeks ago! Here we go, back to Rydell to get it fixed, cause they promised they would pay the bill. But just to keep on the low rating, Kelly the man who promised to take care of this, had to recollection of this conversation!!! Enough is enough, HATE this place! Will NEVER purchase from here again. I am still on a lease, BUT I will not bring my car for service to Rydell anymore. I will be going to another Chevy dealership, even if its out of my way!!!

Catherine C.
CA
05/01/2013
Rene Sazo is the ONLY advisor for my Pontiac
I'd like to say that I have never had such excellent service as I have recieved from Rene Sazo (service advisor). I have followed him over the last five years and will continue to follow him where ever he goes. Rydell Northridge is almost 20 miles from where I currently live and I still make the trek for Rene's Service. He has always been honest and up front with every detail; Rene makes sure the job is done and done right. Rene Sazo is an asset worth holding on too.

DJ
Doug J.
02/23/2013 Category: Service
Doug said the business was had great service and great people.

John H.
02/18/2013 Category: Service
John said this business does a good job and the personnel are very professional. He said he is considering purchasing a Cadillac in a year. He said the business could serve him better by selling Cadillac vehicles.

Thomas S.
02/15/2013 Category: Service
Thomas said he has been a repeat customer for 25 years. Dave is the best.

Larry M.
02/14/2013 Category: Service
Larry said the service was very good. He said he was pleased with the communication between him and his service advisor. He said he is considering buying a Chevrolet truck, but he does not have a date in mind.

LO
Luis O.
02/12/2013 Category: Service
Luis said everything went well.

HH
Horacio H.
02/12/2013 Category: Service
Horacio said he was very satisfied.

Bertha B.
02/12/2013 Category: Service
Bertha said the business provided good service.

HM
Howard M.
02/08/2013 Category: Service
Howard said he had a good experience.

Steve W.
CA
02/05/2013 Category: Service
Steve said the service was outstanding and he has no complaints. Everthing went very smoothly.

Charles M.
01/16/2013
Jim Murphy is the best
I have a '13 CAD and a "67 Pontiac Gran Prix and based on previous service relationship, Jim and Rydell will be my choice of service.

Charles M.
01/16/2013
Jim Murphy is the best

GR
Guadalupe R.
01/16/2013 Category: Service
Guadalupe said when she arrived, it was difficult to get in due to the construction. Other than that, everything else was fine.

Dayna C.
01/04/2013 Category: Service
Dayna said this business provided a no hassle transaction. The staff remembered her from her previous purchase experience which she really appreciated. The staff was friendly.

Joshua F.
01/04/2013 Category: Service
Joshua said everything went great. He has no problems with this business and they were able to do the work in a timely manner. They are on top of everything. He added that he did have one problem with his dimming module. The wiring was not adjusted correctly so the module shorted. He took it back to this business, they were able to repair with no problem, and it has been fine since.

Anonymous S.
San Fernando, AL
01/03/2013
I loved this place most defenitely coming back and sending my friends!
I worked with Raymond Campana and he was great very helpful and really took time to make sure i was satisfied with my vehicle. I didn't feel forced to buy a car.
I will definetly return thanks Raymond!

Robert B.
01/03/2013 Category: Service
Robert said his service advisor Jim Murphy, did a great job. He's been working with Jim for 8 years.

VW
Victoria W.
01/03/2013 Category: Service
Victoria said she trust them to take care of her vehicle. She is looking to purchase a Tahoe in 6 months to a year.