PT
Pete T.
06/12/2019 Category: Service
Pete said the business does an excellent job. He mentioned that he loves the staff especially Al.

ER
Elizabeth R.
06/11/2019 Category: Service
Elizabeth said the staff are awesome, and she feels comfortable secure and safe with her vehicle at this business. Al and Edwin are a plus.

ER
Elizabeth R.
06/11/2019 Category: Service

GL
GORDON L.
Tarzana, CA
06/10/2019
Al and Edwin are great
They are both friendly and courteous and knowledgeable. P

FK
FRANK K.
Simi Valley, CA
Acura MDX
06/06/2019
The best service inthe Valley
I had major work done to my 2014 Acuran MDX. After Steve explained all the work that needed to be done, I appreciated his professional matter plus his concern for the safety on my family. Steve understood that I drive several hundred miles each week for my daughters school and soccer schedules. His repair recommendations made me feel safe that my family was protected. We love Automotive Instincts. :)

YZ

BRUCE B.
Tarzana, CA
Honda Civic Sdn
06/05/2019
Always a pleasure and helpful...
Al and Edwin are always there to help...
I will continue to use them no complaints at all.

Thank you fir your support...
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/06/2019

Thank you so much Bruce. So happy to hear Al & Edwin are doing a great job! I really appreciate the great review! Al has been here almost 30 years. I don't know what I would do without him.

GD
Gabiela D.
Honda Civic Coupe
06/05/2019 Category: Service
Gabiela said the service was good and was completed quickly.

Thank you Gabiela!

MEG M.
Sherman Oaks, CA
06/04/2019
New Older Car
I know whatever was found on the pre-purchase check is right & am SO Very Glad I have mechanics I can trust. Thankx to everyone @ Auto Inst. You're Fantastic. Cheers
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/06/2019

Thank you Meg! Glad you were able to find another car :)

PK
PATRICK K.
06/01/2019
great service, fairly priced reliable work.
I have been a customer for many years and will continue because of the professional staff and high-quality work.
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/06/2019

Thanks again Patrick! I really appreciate the great review. It's always wonderful to here good things about our shop! It's a really hard business to make people happy and we try very hard to do just that!

KENNY M.
Van Nuys, CA
05/31/2019
Great Service!
They got me in at the last minute and we’re so nice about it! I’m a loyal customer for both our Toyota’s from here forward.
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/06/2019

Thank you so much Kenny for the great review! Hope to meet you next time you're here.

MARC G.
05/29/2019
As usual, good service and this time it was free!
Problem was battery being run down. System was checked and no problems found. No charge.
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/06/2019

Thank you Marc! Always a pleasure to take care of you!

SCOTT S.
North Hills, CA
05/29/2019
Professional job done right
I needed the timing belt replaced on my Honda Accord. I was provided with a fair estimate and the job was done right and on time. A few additional issues were identified on the car, and I will definitely be back to have them resolved. The staff was professional and courteous, and the shop was clean and well organized. Glad to have found a quality garage where I am comfortable taking my Honda.

Hi Scott,
Thank you so much for the GREAT review. Glad to have you as our customer. If there is anything you ever need or have any question, please let me know!

GD

Van Nuys, CA
Hyundai Tucson
05/23/2019
Very professional
Great team who is always straight forward.

Thank you so much Mike!

ROBERT B.
Castaic, CA
05/23/2019
Great Place
I've been going to Automotive Instincts (formerly Steve's Independent) for over 25 years. They are honest and do the job right the first time. I've never had to bring the car back because it wasn't handled properly the first time. They're not the cheapest place around for sure (little less than Dealer), but you know you're getting high quality work and recommendations for repairs only on what "needs" to be done. They're not going to gouge you or tell you to fix something unless it's necessary
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 05/29/2019

Thank you so much Robert! It's been our pleasure to take car of your cars for so many years. Your loyalty to our shop means alot in todays world! I just can't say in words how privleged I am to have customers like you.

MEG M.
Sherman Oaks, CA
05/22/2019
Needed a Look-See before buying
Great mechanics. Took time, did a fantastic inspection & helped me make a decision. {also, helped the friend I was going to buy car from find a non-Japanese car mechanic in the area].

EVERYBODY @ Auto Insts are The Best. Cheers
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 05/29/2019

Thank you so much Meg! We all love you!

AH
ANNE H.
Honda Fit
05/20/2019
Still my favorite place
I always feel confident when I bring my little Honda Fit here for servicing, trusting that they're honest and know what they're doing; plus, their customer service is great!

This time I did have a couple of disappointments, unnoticed until I was back home. First, they'd tightened my emergency brake so tightly that I have to use two hands to pull it up at all, and two hands to release it! It's gotten a bit easier in the days following, but next time I'll check it before leaving.

And second, I discovered I was charged for a replacement of the window wiper for the back window, which I'm sure wasn't needed since I've probably used it once in the 10+ years I've owned the car; I find those wipers useless! It didn't cost me much, but I wish I'd realized they were including that when they replaced the other wipers.

But other than that, no complaints!
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 06/06/2019

Hi Anne, Thank you so much for the 5 star review. I'm so sorry the e-brake is to tight. It will loosen up pretty quicky or you can come by anytime that works for you and we can loosen it up in about 5 minutes. The wiper inserts are made out of a rubber compond & go bad in a few years from age. I think if you try it out next time it rains you'll be happy!

North Hollywood, CA
Acura Legend
05/16/2019
The best shop in LA and beyond!
I've been a loyal patron of this shop since my college years, going as far back as early 1990s. It was called Steve's Independent before it had been re-branded as Automotive Instincts. Notwithstanding the name change, it is indeed the only shop in LA that I trust and rely wholeheartedly and without any hesitation.
It is such a rare occasion and such relief to find honest, professional, and dedicated mechanics nowadays who constantly give their best to customers.
Thank you kindly Al, Steve, and the rest of the crew! Best wishes!
Steve S. from Automotive Instincts responded on 05/17/2019

Thank you so much for the great review! It's always a pleasure to take care of you.

All the best,