Kimberly B.
Newton, IA
09/18/2019
Follow up on a bad review
I posted the " just got robbed" review late last night 9/17/19. The next morning the owner of the shop took the car back and is taking care of the problems I posted about. I feel badly about the bad review as the other reviews are accurate about the treatment customers receive. We will continue to do business with Silzer.

Kimberly B.
Newton, IA
09/17/2019
Just got robbed
Charged me 357 dollars to change a battery and didn't fix the problem. Now we have to take it to Jacobs Electric so real mechanics can fix the problem. Thieves, how horrifying

Devine B.
Buick Skylark
06/21/2019 Category: Service
Devine said the staff really help take to take care of her. They explain everything that needs to be done.

Randall C.
Runnells, IA
05/30/2019
Engine check light
Had the engine check light come on. Popped over to Silzer and they quickly diagnosed the problem. Fixed the problem and the car was ready right away. Great service once again.

05/29/2019
Brakes
Great service all around.

Mark R.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
05/28/2019 Category: Service
Mark said that he felt the cost was a bit high.

Sandra B.
Toyota Venza
05/26/2019
Services
Their service, personal service, and personnel.

AT
Antonette T.
Osceola, IA
Acura TL
05/25/2019
Lost hub cap & oil change I didn’t need
I brought in to get my breaks checked and they did an oil change I didn’t ask for. The good thing my brakes were good. Also my hub cap was missing and they didn’t have it when I went back.
I’m not sure I’d go back. They were highly recommended.

PB
Payton B.
05/23/2019
Very fair pricing. The employees were nothing but nice. Would recommend.

AO
Andy O.
05/18/2019
Great service by great people
Brought the car in for brakes and I could not have been happier with the service.
Doug S., Owner from Silzer Auto Repair responded on 05/20/2019

Thanks Andy for your review, this really means alot to us, please feel free to post this to Google if you get time. Thanks again

PN
Patrick N.
Awesome shop!
I called on a Monday with a problem on my wife’s car. I gave them a pretty good description of the problem so they would know where to look. My appointment was originally scheduled for a Thursday as they had no openings any earlier. However, we live close enough to the shop that they said we could bring the car in if we weren’t using it and if they had a technician open they would see what they could do. They not only got to our car but also called with their diagnosis and solution, asked for my permission, and fixed the car all on that Monday that we called. Price was great and service excellent. I will be using them again for sure.
Doug S., Owner from Silzer Auto Repair responded on 05/20/2019

Patrick, thanks for this great review, sometimes you just have to squeeze a car in and still maintain a high quality level on repairs. In a way your review points this out so thanks again.

Becky H.
Winterset, IA
Outstanding Service
A model for how to do business right. Staff at every level is friendly and outgoing. Communication and completion of work excelled. Their mechanical knowledge and repair skills are at the highest level.
Doug S., Owner from Silzer Auto Repair responded on 05/20/2019

Becky, I cant remember how many years you guys have been coming to my shop but it is a long time. Thanks for all your kind words.

PM
Paul M.
Norwalk, IA
Dodge Ram Wagon
05/17/2019
Deep knowhow and super service-
They’re truck whisperers- They keep my old van going, no matter how obscure the problem. Super service with a square tell-it-like-it-is approach.
Doug S., Owner from Silzer Auto Repair responded on 05/20/2019

Paul thanks for this great review. You have to be able to explain a failure to a customer with out sugar coating it, yet still caring for the customer.Thanks again Paul.

Molly P.
Pontiac G6
05/16/2019
These guys ROCK
These guys are amazing. Always kept me updated on my repairs, and were friendly and helpful. Answered all of my questions and never made me feel dumb. Very reasonably priced, less than half of what the dealership was going to charge for the same repair.
Doug S., Owner from Silzer Auto Repair responded on 05/20/2019

Molly, When a shop owner reads reviews he make a mental note of each repair. Your four panel panoramic sun roof was an unusual repair to say the least. Nick has an ability to explain repairs like no one I have ever met, he is always taking folks out into the shop and showing them what happened or went wrong. Thanks for seeing this.

WS
Willber S.
05/15/2019 Category: Service
Spoke to Wilber's wife. She said the staff was a marvelous group.. They were very helpful, and she enjoyed them.

KG
Kenneth G.
Ames, IA
Chevrolet Cruze
05/15/2019 Category: Service
Kenneth said everything about his service was good. His vehicle was ready on time, and his technician had good communication skills.
Doug S., Owner from Silzer Auto Repair responded on 05/20/2019

Ken, thanks for your review we appreciate it

Jack L.
Pontiac
05/14/2019
Does it right and listens to the customers
In to get a leak fix and Doug heard me talking about putting in my grilles on a 67 Pontiac and he and two other experts took the time to put them in! He had to remove the front bumper which put me right out of the possibility of installing them and do they look fabulous
Doug S., Owner from Silzer Auto Repair responded on 05/20/2019

Jack, thanks for your detailed review. Those old cars can be just as hard to work on as the new ones. those grills where a real treat to install. So glad you are happy. If you put this on Google it would be great, thanks again.

DK
David K.
Urbandale, IA
05/13/2019
Always good honest service.
Doug S., Owner from Silzer Auto Repair responded on 05/20/2019

David, Thanks for this review, If you get time Google really helps with reviews.

Chris C.
Ford Club Wagon
05/13/2019
Great!
Silzer has been top notch every time I’ve used them. No need to go anywhere else!
Doug S., Owner from Silzer Auto Repair responded on 05/20/2019

Chris, thanks for this very strong review. Short and to the point.

Dameon H.
Cadillac Deville
05/09/2019
A great experience
Very friendly. Honesty they work very quickly and this is my second time working with them.
Doug S., Owner from Silzer Auto Repair responded on 05/20/2019

Dameon thanks for this review, Glad to know the car is working good.