Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5rating 2.6rating 2.6rating 2.6
Overall Rating 1.399998/5rating 1.399998rating 1.399998rating 1.399998rating 1.399998

Martin G.
08/13/2019
Tires
Thanks again to you Bud and John for quickly taking care of my Ford Explorer.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 08/14/2019

Martin
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey and for your kind remarks. It is always a pleasure working with you and we look forward to meeting your future auto service needs.

Joan D.
Honda Civic Sdn
08/09/2019
Great Customer Service
I had a problem with my car and took it to Bud's Shell Station. They did a great job fixing the car and made it easy for me to have the repairs done. Very nice people! I'll be back!
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 08/14/2019

Joan

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey and for your kind remarks. We look forward to meeting your future automotive service needs.

Rick S.
Mercedes-Benz E350
08/06/2019
Very disappointed
I am extremely disappointed in how this service was handled. First, the wrong parts were ordered or they were damaged, so the car had to stay an extra day. Second, But and I had a very direct conversation about what I wanted done, just a safety check for a car our son was going to take to college. The service manager presented me with the list and told me it was $800. I told him that was too much so we agreed to take away an item that was not critical and we agreed on $500. I even told my son after I got off the phone that we were spending $500 on the car. When the bill was presented to me it was almost $900. And the manager simply would not budge. So, the Shell Station has lost a good customer and I will not be shy when asked what I think of the service at this station.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 08/06/2019

Rick
I understand your disappointment in this one service, but I do not understand the lack of understanding of communication. Had all work been done that we suggested the total would have been ~$1200, and to that your responded that your wife would never let you put that much into the car because it was not worth it and you were going to replace soon, so on the phone we prioritized services that could be deferred and got the revised estimate down to $910 which you authorized over the phone as tracked by our revision system.

You got a good deal, we slimed our margins on parts to below list to help you out and ended up coming in under the approved estimate by about $30.  I was appalled at your trying to negotiate us down further, you as a senior finance person should understand that we have to pay for time and parts and that our margins were very slim on this work due to the fact we helped out to hit your goal. The car is in excellent shape and will be even better when the other recommended work is done, It has many more miles and years left in it if properly maintained.

We are sorry to lose you as a Customer but we also know that we are very fair in our service pricing and our quality of service is among the best as we believe "Quality is Long Remembered when price is long forgotten."

You do have to admit it has been a good run until now and we do hope you can find a shop as fair as us with the quality standards we live by.

Joeseph A.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
07/31/2019 Category: Service
Joeseph said the business did a good job.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 08/02/2019

Joeseph

Thank you for responding to our phone Customer satisfaction survey and we are happy that you were pleased with our service. We look forward to meeting your automotive service needs far into the future.

LA
Linda A.
07/28/2019
Very accommodating!
I like that they have fair pricing and they are honest. They get the job done in a timely fashion and give me rides home and back.

Linda

thank you for taking the time to respond to our Customer satisfaction survey and for your kind remarks. Most importantly thank you for choosing our service.

WB
Wilma B.
07/27/2019
Normally the service is very good. HOWEVER, this past service was less than satisfactory.
The tires were rotated. I asked that the front be put on the back. 5 days later, I had to have the front left replaced. There was no nail or any leak detected by the soap bubble test. Cost me $20 to have the donut put on until I could get two new front tires.
The Systems Reminder was not calibrated and thus continued to read only 3% oil remaining when I had just had the oil changed and new filters installed.
The mileagae on the odometer is NOW only 79560 so how is it that your indication on the work order is over 86000?
There was NO sticker put on the door to show last oil change.
The tire presssure for the right rear is only 27. Why after rotating the tires is it so low? All the other tires read in the low 30s.
You installed my right front headlight which I had supplied. The rubber gasket and ring were f ound under the hood????? How do you explain this?
I do not know if I will return to your service station after being a loyal customer for 10 years. I am very disappointed. Do you have a new mechanic? If so, fire him.

Mrs. B.
Thank you so much for taking the time to point out the inconsistency in our service. You are correct, we are training a young new mechanic, and it appears we did not do enough double-checking of the simple things, such as you light bulb.

Even more than being appreciative of your written input we are very happy that you came back and gave us a chance to make things right for you. During that visit, I believe you may have witnessed a counseling session with our new person.

As a small compensation for your inconvenience, we would like to provide you with a complimentary oil service when next it is due. Thank you for choosing our service over the past 10 years and we certainly do hope we can keep you in our Customer base.

Please do call me personally if there is anything I can do to help in the mean time.

WC
William C.
Jeep Compass
07/26/2019
md Inspection
Fast and easy.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 07/29/2019

Thank you for your response to our service and we appreciate that you felt it was fast and easy, in that is what we strive for most of the time. Thank you for choosing our service and we hope that you will come back when routine maintenance service is needed.

Jan S.
07/24/2019
Very responsive to my needs and never leaves me feeling the bill was padded.
Am never disappointed with level of service.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 07/29/2019

Thank you for your kind words my friend and for responding to our survey. More importantly, thank you for choosing our service over these many years, and we are going to miss you when you move to the other side of the world eventually :-)

Donald S.
07/23/2019 Category: Service
Donald said this business got him in pretty quickly and fixed his vehicle the right way. He had no problems what so ever.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 07/29/2019

Thank you for responding to our Customer satisfaction survey and we are very happy that you were satisfied with our quick service, which is easier during these slower times of the year. We do hope to see you back for routine automotive service needs and thank you for choosing our service.

Scott S.
Porsche Cayenne
07/18/2019
Convenient
Drop off in the morning, done by days end. As promised. Always good and fair service and price. I highly recommend.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 07/18/2019

Scott
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to respond to our Customer satisfaction survey. We hope to help you meet your automotive services for long into the future.

LC
Larry C.
07/14/2019
Excellence, promptmenss, reliability, honesty
Service is always prompt and excellent. Diagnostics are always right on and estimates are always honest. Totally reliable. Can always count on them.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 07/15/2019

Larry
Thank you for your kind words and for responding to our survey. We look forward to continuing meeting your automotive service needs in the future.

Jeff W.
07/11/2019
Care and respect for a 14-year-old Audi
At 14, my favorite car is still running well, due to expert diagnosis and treatment at Eastport Shell. What about opening a few more locations in AA county?
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 07/12/2019

Jeff

Thank you for your kind remarks. As to expanding, we like it this way, staying small means that we can know you and your car. We look forward to meeting your auto service needs in the future from afar.

NB
Nick B.
Lexus IS 250
07/11/2019
very good work
What is not to like: good work, on time, and reasonably priced?
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 07/12/2019

Nick

Thank you for taking the time to repsond to our service and for your kind comments. We look forward to meeting your automotive service needs as time goes on.

AA
Angela A.
07/06/2019
Personal, Prompt, Knowledgable
Eastport Shell has always provided me with excellent service, and on this particular visit -understood my need for expediency and did everything to accommodate me.

I love Eastport Shell!!!!
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 07/09/2019

Angela
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our service and for your love!  Customers like you make our job easy so we will always be here for you and Daisy. We look forward to meeting your automotive needs for long into the future.

TP
Tracie P.
Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
07/01/2019

Tracie

thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey and for your most kind remarks. It is good to have you folks back next door again, and we look forward to meeting your automotive needs in the future.

06/29/2019
Recent Oil change
They always do a thorough job, and are responsive to any concerns. Nice people, honest, easy to work with. I trust them.
The only reason I give them 4 stars instead of 5 is that, even if my appointment for an oil change is first thing in the morning, it always takes til mid-afternoon.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 07/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey.  Yes, we are not set up very well for quick lube type oil changes with our small shop and frequently multiple day jobs on one or two of our lifts. We certainly need to do a better job of setting expectations it sounds like, as we try to tell people to get the cars in early in the morning and we do our best to get them out by the early afternoon. Sometimes we can do better when we don't have very large jobs clogging up our bays, and other days are like what you experienced.

We shall try our best to do better at letting you know how our timeline looks when checking in your car in the future, and thank you for choosing our service.

Scott S.
BMW i3
06/29/2019
Great
Always a good exp at Eastport Shell.

Scott

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey and thank you for your kind words. Customer like you make our job easy.

Thank you for choosing our service and we look forward to meeting your automotive needs in the future.

Judy B.
Catonsville, MD
Chrysler Pacifica
06/14/2019
Bring your vehicle here for emergency service!
I blew out a tire on a narrow side street in Eastport, near Annapolis. Lucky for me, 1) this Shell station was nearby, and 2) they are a full-service station with a can-do attitude. My Chrysler Pacifica doesn’t have a spare tire, and the can of goo that comes with the van can’t repair a ripped tire. Bud, the station owner, shopped replacement tires for me. I wanted to buy a pair of tires that would match, so Bud needed to find two tires in stock. When we couldn’t find a pair of Yokohamas, he gave me helpful advice on choosing another brand that fit my vehicle requirements and my driving patterns. The tires were delivered that afternoon and his crew quickly got them mounted, balanced and installed. AND they gave me an ice cream treat while I waited! I got my undamaged second tire back, to use as a spare for future mishaps.
This Shell station does a side business as a bait-and -tackle shop so I really got the sense that I was in a laid-back fishing village, which is just what Eastport is. Thanks, Bud and crew! I enjoyed my stay with you.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 06/14/2019

Judy
Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey and for your very kind remarks. We are glad we were able to find tires that fit your needs and only wish we could have gotten them here sooner.

Yes, it is a bit like a fishing village here in the Maritime Republic of Eastport, sometimes referred to as a drinking town with a sailing problem, we live life at 6 knots.

Thank you for choosing our service and while it would be a bit of a drive from way up there; if you are in town with a service need we would love to see you again.

Jeff W.
06/10/2019
car runs much better
Fixing the engine speed sensor and cleaning the fuel injection ports fixed the lurching, and also the engine now starts quicker.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 06/11/2019

Jeff
Thank you for responding to our Customer satisfaction survey. We value and appreciate your Customer feedback. We will miss you as you leave town, but we have enjoyed a great relationship over the years and wish you the best.

06/02/2019
Great Customer Service & Honest Shop
I had been told I needed a much more expensive repair but Eastport Shell found the real issue and repaired rather than throw away and replace at about 25% of the other places estimate. I am a lifer with these folks because of their honesty and diligence.
Bud E. from Eastport Shell responded on 06/04/2019

Thank you for your kind remarks and for taking the time to respond to our survey. We look forward to working with you to meeting your future automotive service needs and thank you for choosing our service.