Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5

LF
LAURI F.
03/28/2019
SERVICE
Service is always excellent and the work is always done on time.Pete Trela the manager is wonderful to all his customers.Highley recommend Tallmans

RICK C.
Buick Verano
03/28/2019
Great service. Knowledgeable staff.

03/27/2019
Great place
This time it took longer than I was told.

MARY BETH L.
Lee Center, NY
03/22/2019
Pleasant staff and comfortable area for waiting
Pleasant experience. My first time here. Honestly came as the manager pete, used to work where I previously took my vehicles. Had my oil changed Tues. Was informed needed tires and new battery called Friday to make appointment to get it done and was able to come in same daym. I will continue to bring my vehicles here for servicing

RO
RYAN O.
03/20/2019
always great
No matter what I have to get taken care of with my car, Talman's in Rome new York ALWAYS handles the situation with expertise and great customer service.

FZ
FRAN Z.
Kia Optima
03/14/2019
Inspection
Tallmans was very prompt in taking care of my concerns, Im very pleased. They are a 5 star business.

03/14/2019
Car inspected
I wasn't satisfied, my appointment was for 10:00 they took my car in at 10:18. I waited about 45 minutes. I needed a bulb for signal light. They charged me $14.25 for the bulb which was bad enough, but was unacceptable, was the charge for $28.00 for labor, are you kidding me, he said he charged me for 1/2 hr labor. If the mechanic can't change a bulb, he shouldn't be a mechanic. There is no way it took him 1/2 hr to change a bulb. The whole inspection was 45 min.
Travis B. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 03/19/2019

I understand you were unsatisfied with your past visit. That is why we reached out to you to see what we could do to make it right. After we talked we found the problem was we failed to communicate properly. The estimate on the bulb was correct however we failed to communicate the cost to you prior to doing the work. That is on us. I appreciate your honest feedback as it allows us to see where we need improvement and how we can become better. Thank you for allowing us to resolve this for you and I want to thank you for putting your trust in us again today for allowing us to service your car this morning. If there is anything we can do in the future to make your visit better let us know.

Sincerely,

The Tallman Team at Rome

Ford Freestyle
03/01/2019
car trouble resolved
Our car kept having issues with slow starting on really cold days. We called Tallman's in Rome and they had time to check the car out the same day. Tallman's checked the battery and starter system and it turned out the battery was bad. They installed a new battery and the issue was resolved.
Travis B. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 03/04/2019

Thank you for putting your trust in us for your car servicing needs. If there is anything we can do in the future just let us know.

Sincerely,

The Tallman Team at
Rome

Megan B.
Blossvale, NY
02/16/2019
Great service and staff.
Travis B. from Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair responded on 02/20/2019

WE AT TALLMAN'S WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THE OPPORTUNITY TO THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US TO SERVICE YOUR CAR. IN THE FUTURE IF THERES ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO MAKE YOUR REPAIR VISIT A MORE ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE JUST LET US KNOW.

SINCERELY,

TALLMAN'S IN ROME

02/15/2019
Pete Trela!!
Tallman's would not be the best if it WASN'T for Pete Trela! More employers need someone like him. Unlike Travis who I believe to be out for the sale. Proceeded to give a list of things that were needed to be done on one of our cars......when a 2nd opinion was obtained.........we needed none of them!

DAVE S.
01/30/2019
Pete and Charlie
Had an appointment for 11 am and showed up at 9:45am thinking it was for 10am. Pete and Charlie took me in early and I was on my way by 11 am. Great customer service

Mercury Grand Marquis
01/21/2019
Excellent service and very accomodating.
My rack and pinion that was installed in August failed. Travis at the Rome store was very accommodating by arranging a replacement part, getting it installed asap and making the bill more than fair. The mechanic (Scott) also found another part that failed, which was easy to repair now that the rack and pinion was out and would have cost much more if it had been a separate repair due to the extra labor hours required. Again, that saved me quite some money. They also flushed the power steering system to eliminate a possible reason for this part failure.

All in all, Tallman's in Rome is more than fair and really works with you to get you back on the road fast.

FT
FRED T.
01/20/2019
Reliable, friendly and reasonable rates

PF
PAUL F.
Ford Explorer Sport Trac
12/17/2018
Insufficient workmanship
I bought four brand new tires for my truck off so I upgraded the tires to the next level. I only drive them seasonally and they were losing air continually. I went to the shop and the person behind the desk told me that it was because of the inclement weather that tires lose air. The next time I was in town if the truck was sitting at my residence the tire was continually losing air. Next time I was in town air pressure was very low. Note every time I filled up the tires to the appropriate pressure. Next time I was in town air pressure was very low Note every time I filled up the tires to the appropriate pressure. Add to be away for a few weeks on business on returning I went to the shop and told them my problem. I knew that I was six or seven weeks from having them over year. I had only put on a few thousand miles on the vehicle since I use a rarely. When you buy new tires they are supposed to remount your rims. I had them redo it and they ended up still charging me 40 some odd dollars. I told Joanne and that I don’t think that the work in the first place was done appropriately nevertheless they still charge me. I proceeded to call the owner he said he would call back within an hour that was three days ago. There are plenty of other shops that I can go to I’ll leave it at that. But if the The owner was a good business person he would’ve made good on this. Poor workmanship plus Not true to your word equals a bus Otha this is going to sooner or later decline.

KP
KEN P.
12/16/2018
Great customer service, great products, great price
I have had a lot of front end issues with this car. Tallmans takes care of them fairly, never overcharging or exaggerating the problem.

DAVE S.
Chevrolet Malibu Limited
11/10/2018
Pete Trela the Manager
Have always been treated fairly and with respect. Service is great

CINDY C.
11/04/2018
friendly and affordable care service
The staff here is consistently professional and courteous. The are very accommodating. I can always count on Pete and his staff to provide great service.

Ford Freestyle
11/02/2018
Great service.
After we did the initial repair of replacing the rear brakes, the car still shook when braking. It turns out that the front brakes also needed replacement, even though we initially thought they looked so good that we thought it was a suspension part. Tallman's diagnosed the problem and did not charge us for it.

NL
NORA L.
10/20/2018
They have taken great care of my van from day one!
I have to say the staff at Tallman's in Rome, NY have always done right by me. I've been going to them exclusively for the last couple of years for all of my maintenance and repair needs and they never fail to take care of everything. The prices are fair, the work is excellent and my van runs like a dream.

AH
AL H.
Camden, NY
Nissan Pathfinder
10/20/2018
pure professionals
Pete is very knowledgeable and courteous. I trust his men with all my vehicles, the work is always done as quoted and in a professional manner. I have never had to return for poor workmanship, they are very thorough and the prices fair. I would recommend Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair be your first choice. Whether it's your first visit or 50th you will be treated like family.

JOANNA M.
Chevrolet Cruze
09/26/2018
Oil Change
Very professional and friendly service. I will return.