Overall Rating 4.33333/5Overall Rating 4.33333/5Overall Rating 4.33333/5Overall Rating 4.33333/5rating 4.33333
Overall Rating 2.66667/5Overall Rating 2.66667/5rating 2.66667rating 2.66667rating 2.66667

DAVE S.
Chevrolet Malibu Limited
11/10/2018
Pete Trela the Manager
Have always been treated fairly and with respect. Service is great

CINDY C.
11/04/2018
friendly and affordable care service
The staff here is consistently professional and courteous. The are very accommodating. I can always count on Pete and his staff to provide great service.

CV
CONNIE and NIELS V.
Ford Freestyle
11/02/2018
Great service.
After we did the initial repair of replacing the rear brakes, the car still shook when braking. It turns out that the front brakes also needed replacement, even though we initially thought they looked so good that we thought it was a suspension part. Tallman's diagnosed the problem and did not charge us for it.

NL
NORA L.
10/20/2018
They have taken great care of my van from day one!
I have to say the staff at Tallman's in Rome, NY have always done right by me. I've been going to them exclusively for the last couple of years for all of my maintenance and repair needs and they never fail to take care of everything. The prices are fair, the work is excellent and my van runs like a dream.

AH
AL H.
Camden, NY
Nissan Pathfinder
10/20/2018
pure professionals
Pete is very knowledgeable and courteous. I trust his men with all my vehicles, the work is always done as quoted and in a professional manner. I have never had to return for poor workmanship, they are very thorough and the prices fair. I would recommend Tallman's Tire and Auto Repair be your first choice. Whether it's your first visit or 50th you will be treated like family.

JOANNA M.
Chevrolet Cruze
09/26/2018
Oil Change
Very professional and friendly service. I will return.

Buick Encore
09/22/2018
Not right
I am very surprised at the treatment My daughter received yesterday. She used a pricechopper oil change coupon. She called the day before to get the particulars & was told all was fine , she'd be able to use coupon. Upon arrival she was treated as a 2nd class citizen. Serviceman did not want to let her uses that coupon. He claimed it didn't cover synthetic oil whereas it states that it does & she was told the day before after giving them the year, make & model of her car , yes, it would be covered. He said , lets go out to your car & Ill prove to you that you're wrong. Oops, he was wrong. Good thing she followed him , "he" did not want to be wrong. And he stated ok but you better have the coupon on you! She did. The sad part is she was made to feel inferior for using this coupon. Whereas he made a jerk of himself!
Now the funny part is, my husband passed away 2 yrs ago (not the funny part)and I started going to tallmans for service. I was very pleased w/the treatment I received, they did not make me feel like a stupid woman , I did not feel taken advantage of whatsoever. And I wrote a review stating such.
This is sad! I am not happy w/the treatment my daughter received after I recommended tallmans to her & now I have think twice about going back. I do not know who waited on her but I'm sure your records will tell.
There was an older gentleman there when I was there and he was delightful!.i hope he's not retired. This fella treats woman as inferiors & that's just wrong.

DAVE S.
09/18/2018
Excelent to do business with
Manager Pete Trela is excellent at putting the customer at ease and very knowledgeable about the business.
He will bring to your attention additional items that require attention that can be repaired now or at a later date.
Love bringing my vehicles to Tallman's in Rome New York

Verona, NY
Buick Verano
09/14/2018
Friendly & helpful !
I selected 5 stars!!

09/11/2018
New tires
The service was fast and efficient. Everyone was friendly. Glad I went there.

TD
TINA D.
Holland Patent, NY
Subaru Legacy
09/09/2018
Tire rotation and oil change
Time service friendly customer service suggested air filter change after showing me my air filter was in dire need.

LOUELLA M.
09/08/2018
Tallmans
Fast service. Friendly and courteous.

TW
THERESA W.
09/02/2018
Liars!
If I could have given a zero, I would have!!! This will be the second review of this incident and I will NEVER bring my vehicle to the Rome Tallman’s again! I brought my car in for a tire rotation, full synthetic oil change and a NYS Inspection, I also wanted the rotors checked as there was a shutter. I dropped the car off Friday about 4pm. At 11am Saturday I called to check the status. I was told everything was good, no issues with my brakes, they just needed to have the rust cleaned off. I was also told they needed to replace “a few” of my luggage nuts as they had to be broken or pried off because they were rusted. NOT ONCE WAS I TOLD HOW MANY OR THAT I WAS BEING CHARGED FOR THEM OR A PRICE!! I assumed it was maybe 5-6 luggs and seeing as they broke them, there would be no charge to me. I was told the luggs were on their way and he would call when it was ready.
Needless to say, which is the usual case with Pete the manager there, I had to call AGAIN to find out if my car was ready. I called at 1pm. It was ready.
I went in and I’m told there is an additional $88 on the bill because they replaced ALL the luggs on the car, 20 of them! I told him outright I was NOT paying for the luggs, that was their loss because the broke them, they have serviced the vehicle since I bought it 3 years ago and are the only ones who have dealt with the vehicle. I was not paying for it! Prior to calling my husband in from the parking lot, idiot Pete, wants to have my vehicle pulled back in and the old luggs put back on!!! Hello, you told me you had to break them off, how are you going to put them back on! I called my husband in from the parking lot . Pete tries to sing and dance him about the luggs, treating him like he was some idiot off the street, when my husband is a mechanic. Pete trying to dance his way out again, was told we would pay the bill but would NEVER come back here again! Pete states he doesn’t want to lose my business! TOO LATE!!! My husband walked out and he starts again! I had to tell him twice to write up the bill, I also told him, I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SHOP TO ANYONE AND WILL MAKE SURE THEY KNOW WHAT KIND OF SCAM PETE RUNS!
This is not the first time I’ve had a run in with him, I gave him a second chance and had it shoved in my face!! DONE AND OVER! 😡

Jason L.
Oriskany, NY
08/29/2018
Manager Call Back
I sent in a rather negative review last night regarding a recent experience. I usually never send reviews but did this time. To my surprise the manager of the Rome store called me today. He was very apologetic and seemed to truly care about how I felt. He was very pleasant and respectful, even after I had commented negatively about my experience. That 2 minute phone call of concern from him was very impressive. I will return to this store and share this now positive experience with friends and family. I work in customer service with the public as well and this was a hard phone call to make. Can't tell you how much it meant, thank you!

Oriskany, NY
Mazda Tribute
08/28/2018
Lost my keys
Not happy with quoted price. $140 more than Monroe quoted. How does that happen? And yes it was Apples to Apple's!

NK
NIKI K.
Camden, NY
Subaru XV Crosstrek
08/09/2018
Good management
I recently started going to the Black River Blvd, Rome location because I discovered that Pete Trela had recently started working there. I had always gone to Monro on Erie Blvd since 2005, with 3 different vehicles over those years until now. Pete had a lot to do with my loyal business there, as I could always count on Pete to take good care of my cars, advise without pressure any additional work that could/should be done. Any discounts I might be entitled to, Pete always made sure I received them. I was pretty amazed when I learned he had left Monro. It took me quite awhile to find out where he might have gone to, but didn't waste time to start going to Tallman's once I located him. A lot of people don't think about loyalty these days, but I do when it is warranted. I have gone to the Black River Blvd location twice now, and just made another appointment for an evaluation of what might be wrong with my car that is having difficulty turning over when starting. I know I can trust Pete and/or the guys who work at the Rome location to be honest and fair. BTW, two other friends of mine were happy to learn where Pete had gone to....just saying.

KP
KEN P.
07/22/2018
Great customer service, great products, great price
Review title says it all, treat people well, post reasonable prices on a great product and people will return. Last oil change I stated my car was pulling to the left and I was told mechanic and manager took it out and it was "right down the middle". Got two new tires put on at Tallmans and asked if I wanted an alignment done and I said that I did. I was told it was out of alignment and needed to be adjusted. Driving it home I noticed a big difference. What happened to the other guys telling me it was "right down the middle"!!??

MA
MIKE A.
07/03/2018
Great service! Pete is always friendly and willing to go the extra step to make
sure you are satisfied . We have always had a positive experience dealing with Tallmans.

RO
RYAN O.
03/16/2018
Happy Customer
I have been going to Tallman's for 5 years. Even when management or staff changes they are always friendly, knowledgeable, and most importantly reasonably priced. They don't jerk you around or waste your time. Kudos to Peter Trela and his team.

Judy D.
03/11/2018
Friendly courtesy staff. Excellent work.
Friendly courtesy staff. Work was done in a timely fashion. Price was very reasonable. Would recommend to my friends.