4.6

Wanda H.
Humble, TX
03/22/2020
Awesome Customer Service
Thank You Auto Doc! I Was Able To Drop My Car Off, They Diagnose My Car, Fixed The Problem, Sanitized The Inside Of My Car, Keys And Took All Precautions Necessary During The Corona Virus! My Service Advisor, Chris Kept Me Informed Through Out The Entire Process. I Will Be Returning For My Next Car Issue And Maintenance!

BK
Bostjan K.
Skiatook, OK
01/27/2020
Do not buy in these store.
Do not buy products in these store! They ship defective parts and do not accept warranty. Very bad experience, they are cheaters.

Jan F.
Mc Kinney, TX
10/09/2018
My favorite auto repair in Houston
I am so glad to have found this auto repair shop! Thorough-reliable-professional and trust worthy. Thank you!

DJ
Daniel J.
09/03/2018
Volvo S40 - $1000 spent and Not Fixed
I brought in my car because it was not starting. They called me back and said it was my car's starter. Altogether, that was going to cost about $400 for labor and $450 for a starter (they first tried to sell me the most expensive starter - without mentioning there were cheaper starters as well).

I believed their diagnosis since they advertise themselves as having "top quality diagnostic services" on their website.

The next day, they call me and say it *is* but it *isn't* the starter. For they have to maintain the sale, so they have to justify what they have done and the part they have installed but they would like to get further business. They tell me they need to do more diagnosis and it will cost more.

I eventually talk to David on the phone. David says that I will need to spend another $180 dollars to diagnosis the car and the part that is suspected of not working will cost like another $400.

Since they did not get the diagnosis right the first time, I ask him what he would think if I just brought my car to the Volvo dealership where they have the Volvo diagnostic that will at least get the diagnosis right this time.

This threatens his sale. He suggests I don't do that because it would cost at least 350-400 dollars for them to diagnosis the car before they even replace the part that is broken.

I ask David how sure they are that they will be able to find and fix what is wrong - after all, my car, at the time, has already been in the shop for two days, with them ostensibly diagnosing and fixing what is wrong with the car.

He says he cannot guarantee anything. Meaning, I could pay for their diagnosis, and still have to bring it to Volvo and get the same diagnosis that that he was supposedly warning me about. That would cost me even more but they want to get as much of a sale in as possible.

He tries to feign sympathy on the phone by saying that this is why most auto mechanics do not work on Volvo's. So then why does the Auto Doc? Obviously not because they can fix them! No, they are willing to rip-off a customer.

I call the Volvo dealership - Star Motors - and they say that the flat rate for using their diagnosis machine is $156. That is about half of what David told me on the phone.

I walk to The Auto Doc and tell them I am going to take my car. They tell me it is already locked up, so I can't get my car. I will have to come back in the morning.

Yet, two hours later, David calls me and says his colleague has suggested one other "procedure" to try. He says he will try it in the morning - if it doesn't work, he will charge me nothing but if it does work, it will cost $140.

I get a call in the morning and David tells me my car is working and they have started it multiple times. The procedure, as I am told when I get there, involved opening the car up and "banging" on the part a few times.

Even this procedure, of hitting my car, I could find done cheaper in Houston.

That weekend, the car stops starting in a Kroger parking lot. Not even a week later, I have to get it towed for the second time. I currently have a broken car that I basically spent $1000 on to get a faulty diagnosis. Again, they advertise themselves as having "top quality diagnostic services."

Here is another option that would have led to the same result: Burning a thousand dollars of cash and then pushing my car off a cliff.

For in that case, I would be able to "look inside" the car with same expertise that they have but I would have been in the same position - with a car that doesn't work and less money.

It would have even done a better job of "banging" on the parts of the car.

Back in December, Chris told me that his job is to look for parts to replace in order to make a sale. This is the most honest thing they ever told me in my interaction with them.

There are like 15 auto shops in the area. You do not have to go to this one.

DJ
Daniel J.
09/03/2018
Volvo S40 - $1000 and Not Fixed

Even this procedure, of hitting my car, I could find done cheaper in Houston.

It would have even done a better job of "banging" on the parts of the car.

There are like 15 auto shops in the area. You do not have to go to this one.

Dee D.
Laredo, TX
08/01/2018
The people...Chris, Dave etc
Friendly people, clean environment, trusted place to have your car work done. Very communicative and ready when they say it is. I won’t ever go any place else

TC
Todd C.
11/18/2017
Awful and sketchy
Terrible. They wasted four hours of our time when they should have been completing an alignment job. We dropped the car off and as we were leaving saw a guy throw a tire and wheel in the back seat and drive away. We came back an hour later. The car wasn't there. Came back another hour later, the car was still not there. We asked where it was and they said oh he must be test driving it. We waited and waited and the car finally was returned. We paid for the alignment which we later found out was never done. There was tire that was shot that should have been replaced as well. They didn't do anything. And used our car for other work and driving around. We will be demanding our money back. Extremely disappointed and feel mistreated. Never coming back...even if they stay in business.

Jim H.
06/12/2015
Used parts for OEM $$$
Every hot summer I am reminded of this scam of a shop using junk yard parts (AC compressor) for new $$$.A V8 2dr now has a hair dryer compressor. Vent temp was 55f. Spec is 40f. Owner said screw off weeks after initial repair well within warranty.

On google review he frantically called 2x and said bring it in to fix, I did, he flew down Memorial to get rpms up and temp down, parked it in front, asked me to look at temp gauge as we both watched it climb back above 50f. He took temp gauge, got out and said screw off again.

Dave admits he buys his shady parts from 'a buddy'. Not a business. Not an institution. And reports that he sleeps well on his unethical activity.

KIRK S.
Chevrolet Suburban
08/24/2014
Honest and straight forward
They keep very good records on each vehicle serviced and can call up a record of the work done with each visit and recommend normal maintenance that needs to be done to avoid the big expensive repair.

Teresa B.
08/20/2014 Category: Service
Teresa said her overall experience at this business was good.

MK
MATT K.
08/19/2014
Don't make promises you can't keep
Took my Honda Civic in after the water pump failed. I received a phone call later that morning stating it would be about $1,000 to fix, but if I approved the work I'd have the car back that afternoon. By 4:30 I hadn't received a call, so I called in myself. I was then informed that they didn't have a part in stock and I couldn't have the car until Monday morning. I was flying out of town early that morning, which meant I had to take an expensive cab ride to the airport and have a friend get the car for me. The excuse given was "we didn't know we didn't have the part in stock", but if that's the case, don't promise you'll have it done the same day.
Dave S. from The Auto Doc responded on 08/20/2014

Matt, I`m really sorry for fumbling the ball this past Friday. We had parts coming fron the dealer and when they showed up that afternoon we discovered one part was wrong. After scrambling to try to get the right part we realized it wasn`t going to happen. This was not your fault and I`m not trying to make excuses. I would like to offer you 2 free oil changes to help compensate you for your troubles. Again I`m really sorry! Owner Dave

BRIAN S.
Saturn SL1
08/19/2014
Everything is taken care of.
They tell you what you need done and take care of it. You get the same response even if you can't do everything all in one visit.

NT
Ninh T.
08/19/2014 Category: Service
Ninh said this business was okay.

Jake F.
08/13/2014 Category: Service
Jake said they were prompt, nice to deal with and the service was painless.

DA
DOUG A.
08/12/2014
good people
Quality work, honesty, reasonable price