Overall Rating 4.29/5Overall Rating 4.29/5Overall Rating 4.29/5Overall Rating 4.29/5rating 4.29

Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5Overall Rating 3.5/5rating 3.5rating 3.5

CO
Charles O.
Vest, KY
2013 Hyundai Genesis Co
06/24/2019 Category: Service
Convenience
Typically most places will require a appointment to have a oil change, since 2013 I have been coming to Deskins/Tim short and have never had to make a appointment. They are quick to get the job done.
I would also like to take a moment and recognize that at my last visit a specific employee named Tyler had offered to stay later than his scheduled work hours just to change my oil so that my car would not run over on the mileage. Not many people will sacrifice their own time for others once it is time for them to be off the clock, Tyler also made sure to inform me that I needed new tires as the ones I have are very worn. Though I was aware of my tires he once again went out of his way to make sure my car was to stay in good condition. Therefore, if employee of the month is a thing, he has my vote!
I will now more than likely be requesting that he is the one change my oil, in my opinion he exceeds the expectation of his job and has upmost respect for others vehicles.
Thank you.

Mary W.
Delbarton, WV
2019 Hyundai Elantra
06/14/2019 Category: Service
Quick and reasonably priced
Highly recommend your service dept. and sales dept. as well.

Crystal H.
06/07/2019 Category: Service
Great job
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 06/07/2019

Thank you for having us as your service provider.  We hope to see you again and wish the best of luck in your travels!

WF
Wanda F.
Salyersville, KY
06/04/2019 Category: Service
Great visit!
Love this crew! They’re always so welcoming and ready to help with any issue I have!
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 06/05/2019

Thank you for the review and hope to see you again for your Hyundai needs!

Matt C.
Lenore, WV
05/31/2019 Category: Service
They are friendly and knowledgeable about the car I took in and very fast
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 06/05/2019

Thank you for trusting us to be your Hyundai service provider and we hope to see you again for your vehicle needs.

CE
Charles E.
Williamson, WV
05/27/2019 Category: Service
Service Work
When I stop to have my oil changed they take my car right in and get the oil changed without an appointment and are very quick about doing the service work.
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 05/28/2019

We would like to thank you for allowing us to be your service provider and wish you many happy years with your Hyundai!  We hope to see you again soon.

HJ
Heather J.
Melvin, KY
05/15/2019 Category: Service
Great
Great group of people and I love my Hyundai
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 05/16/2019

Thank you for trusting us to provide the service for your vehicle.  We hope to see you again and wish you safe travels until then!

Printer, KY
04/24/2019 Category: Service
Make sure you request what oil you want
If you use a specific oil make sure you let them know beforehand. They don't go back and look at your last visit. Which they definitely should.
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 04/29/2019

I am very sorry to hear about this incident.  I know it had been about a year and a half since the only other oil change you had recieved at our department and there was a "we owe" for them.  When sales issues included oil changes they are only for the standard reccomended oil for a vehicle unless noted in the system.  Yours had not been noted.  We also always use the standard manufacturer reccomended weight and type of oil unless a customer requests a change from that.  I had also tried to look into the excessive wait times you had noted.  It appears that the first oil change in 2017 was logged in and out in 46 minutes.  This most recent visit was showing your appointment at 3 and completed and logged to the cashier for you at 4:03 after oil change, multipoint inspection and air filter replacement.  I was not in that day but agree that they did the right thing by immediately bringing your vehicle back in, draining the oil and replacing it with synthetic in same weight.  I hope you can understand that, unless otherwise requested, we always use the standard reccomended fluid and filter for each vehicle.

I hope this may help you understand the procedures we have in place.  I'm glad we were able to change the oil out for your requested change from standard.  If any of the information I have been able to research about your two oil change visits, or about anything for that matter, I encourage you to call and ask for me at the dealership.  I would be more than happy to discuss your service visits at length and address any problems or concerns you may have at any time it is convenient for you.

James R.
Belfry, KY
04/05/2019 Category: Service
Rotation and recall service
Very fast and efficient
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 04/20/2019

We do apologize for our current situation during this remodel and hope our facilities are in better standing when we get to see you again.  Thank you for trusting us to be your service provider.

VM
Vernon M.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/25/2019 Category: Service
Excellent dealership
Friendly and knowledgeable service personnel . I,be been a satisfied customer for years.
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 03/27/2019

we thank you for trusting us to service your vehicle and hope to see you again!

Mary D.
Pinsonfork, KY
2016 Hyundai Elantra
03/06/2019 Category: Service
Got me in the same day! I love my 2016 Elantra! Thinking when I upgrade I will buy a Santa Fe.
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 03/07/2019

Thank you for trusting us to be your service provider.  We look forward to seeing you again soon!

AC
Amanda C.
Steele, KY
01/31/2019 Category: Service
Great
Went in for maintenance, and as always great service.
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 02/01/2019

We thank you for trusting us to be your service provider and look forward to serving you again soon!

Ray H.
Virgie, KY
01/15/2019 Category: Service
good service
na
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 01/15/2019

Thank you very much for trusting us to service your vehicle.  We hope to see you again!

SA
Sherry A.
Haysi, VA
01/03/2019 Category: Service
Quality service
They do great work in a timely manner

2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/01/2019 Category: Service
Fast Service
Got there and they were quick to get my Sante Fe done. Had an oil change and an update to the computer done and I was out of there in an hour.
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 01/02/2019

We thank you for allowing us to be your service provider and wish you a joyous and prosperous new year!

Whitesburg, KY
12/27/2018 Category: Service
Service dept
My car was towed there almost 2 weeks ago.
They only fixed the recall parts and it still isn’t working. They cannot give me a rental and cannot give me a diagnosis of the problem in order for me to get a rental from enterprise. I have explained that my wife is on dialysis and I work out of town and i desperately need a rental or my car fixed . They do not call me and cannot tell me what’s wrong with my car. I will never take a vehicle or purchase another Hyundai because they are the closest dealership to me.
Could you please help me get something done
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 01/02/2019

We thank you for allowing us to be your service provider and hope to see you again soon!  We wish you a joyous and prosperous new year.

STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 01/02/2019

Im sorry about the problem you have expierenced.  I was informed from the service writer who was taking care of your vehicle that there was a mix up where you had purchased the vehicle from and with its warranty coverage.  That took some time to sort through, but since, there has been a diagnosis on your vehicle and a rental car had been issued.  Once again, I am sorry that there was some time involved before everything could be sorted through with your case.

PJ
Perry J.
Delbarton, WV
2018 Hyundai Kona
12/25/2018 Category: Service
Outstanding Dealership
Anytime I call either the parts or service departments, the person on the other end is always professional and helpful.
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 12/27/2018

We thank you for the kind words and will always try to be as helpful as possible.  Thank You for choosing us to be your service provider and have a great and happy New Year!

BA
Betty A.
Dana, KY
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
12/19/2018 Category: Service
The service was good
The service people was real nice.
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 12/24/2018

We would like to thank you for trusting us to be your service provider and hope to see your Santa Fe in again soon.  Have a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Belfry, KY
12/16/2018 Category: Service
?
Dealership was fine; it’s the product/cars that are lacking.

AJ
Alpha J.
Whitesburg, KY
11/30/2018 Category: Service
Poor customer service
Needs improvement
STEPHEN A., Service Director from Tim Short Hyundai responded on 12/03/2018

I checked into your visit and it appears your vehicle had an issue with the transmission Inhibitor switch.  The service writer double checked with the warranty clerk to see if there was any coverage on this component and there was not.  It had expired at 6/60,000.  The powertrain warranty which remains on your vehicle (through Hyundai) is still in effect and covers your major lubricated powertrain components such as your engine and transmission.  We are very sorry the warranty on your particular failed component expired 35,000 miles ago.  Technicians spend much time training and dealerships spend a lot of money on keeping the needed equipment to properly care for your vehicle.  Unfortunately, we can not tell if a problem with a customers vehicle is a warrantiable concern without spending time with a proper diagnosis, computer diagnostics, physical checks, looking up part numbers and operations and checking through Hyundai to see about coverage and time.  Only then can we be sure which component is at fault.  I dont believe any other manufacturer would have coverage on your failed component at your current time and milage and hope you dont hold this against Hyundai.   All manufacturers cover different components for different amounts of time and Hyundai has one of the most comprehensive warranties in the market today.

I hope this may have better explained the situation you currently have with your vehicle and can understand that we here at Tim Short Hyundai are doing our best to take care of your Hyundai within all applicable limits.

I would also like to apologise for the waiting area.  As I'm sure you noticed, we are in the middle of a large remodel and have had to consolodate much of our remaining areas.  It will be much more acceptable in just a couple months.