Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5rating 4.33

Latest Review over 2 years ago

HL
Heath L.
01/08/2016
BEWARE
BEWARE of this place. Complete lack of integrity in their service and business. We took our car there for a tune up, radiator drain/flush/fill, transmission flush, inspection and to check out an issue we were experiencing with the car.
They had the car for two days and managed to only fill the radiator and inspect the car. We were told that there was a stored engine code (there wasn't one showing on the dashboard) that prevented the car from being passed so they had to replace that part in order to pass for inspection. They charged $150+ (not including labor) for a part that should cost around $80. The unfortunate part was that this part was not the cause of the issue and if they had simply performed the tune up which they SAID they did but they did NOT and lied to our face about the spark plugs.. they would have solved the issue. Javier the mechanic told us that he looked at the spark plugs and they looked fine, low and behold a few days later I decide to look at them myself because the car was still having sputtering issues, the spark plugs were rusted in place with the rubber of the boots almost fused to it. These plugs definitely were not checked, at all. A simple $30 fix later the car ran completely smooth and the engine code came off.
The next day I called Tires Plus and asked to speak to the business owner about the issue because its a pretty serious issue to have a business, especially in auto repair, to lie to their customers about the work that they performed. I spoke to Darrell who identified himself as the business owner and was completely defensive during the entire conversation ignoring the fact that they did not perform the work that they said they did. When I told him that a small business depends on their reputation he laughed at me and said that he doesn't need to worry about his reputation and that he has been there for 20 years. I spoke to him calmly the entire time, I wasn't complaining but simply making him aware of an issue we had at their business. He would speak and I would wait for him to finish, then I would respond but Darrell would start barking up while I was speaking and then hung up on me. I couldn't believe that this guy owns a business. The astonishing part was after he hung up on me, he called the father of my girlfriend to tell him that I wouldn't let him speak. I couldn't believe that.. what respectable business owner would do that? This was the behavior of an immature child who somehow owns a business and that is scary.

It makes me wonder how many other people that they are ripping off by telling them they performed services which they did not. They didn't even fill up the wiper fluid.

WG
WENDY G.
Kittrell, NC
Toyota
11/05/2014
Always receive great service.

MARION P.
07/12/2014
convenience
Tires Plus is dependable & reliable

KD
KATHLEEN D.
Ford Windstar
05/05/2014
Prompt service, with very courteous staff. They have always gone beyond the call of duty to help.

DARLA H.
Buick LaCrosse
04/07/2014
Convenient and friendly
Darrell has always been there to assist me since the passing of my step father who worked there temporarily and was my personal mechanic.

GL
GERRY L.
Henderson, NC
BMW 330Ci
09/20/2013
Wife's subaru
Got it right after return visit..