East Lake Street Tires Plus

Overall Rating 3.72/5Overall Rating 3.72/5Overall Rating 3.72/5rating 3.72rating 3.72

Latest Review about 2 years ago

Steven W.
11/04/2016
Women......BEWARE! Be very afraid!! Zero Stars was not an option.
On November 2nd I had an appointment to have my tires rotated. As a "service" to me the technician. Checked my fluids. In the process they dicovered $500.00 worth of "urgent" repairs. I, knowing my vehicle refused the work and thanked them. My tires were rotated and my vehicle delivered back to me. Three blocks after leaving the shop my CHECK ENGINE indicator came on. I drove the remaining 9 blocks home and checked my engine. I immediately notice that the clamp on my air inlet resonator had been loosened and the duct had been removed from the throttle body. the air filter itself had also been slightly removed from the housing. Both of these actions will cause the CHECK ENGINE indicator to go off. Fortunately I knew what to look for under the hood and repaired it. I tried to give a plausible reason for the loosened clamp, so I reviewed the service papers and I found that the Air Filter had not beed checked. Obviously there was NO reasonfor the clamp to be loosened. In fact the air filter on this vehicle can be checked without loosening the clamp on the resonator at all.

My car had been OBVIOUSLY tampered with.....why? Your average customer would have gone back to the shop and asked what was going on, and I'm sure after the $500.00 list of services were completed my CHECK ENGINE indicator would have been reset and I would have been sent on my merry way.

These are the kind of incidents that have traditionally given auto mechanics a bad name. This is an unscrupulous business practice and I am sure because of how deliberate this was that this is not an isolated case. This location should be picketed and boycotted. If other customers have had similar experience please call (612) 203-8145 I would love to aid in a coordinated effort.

We have recently heard and been shown how some men think of women. This incident makes me wonder how many women have been ripped off by similar tactics. This establishment has recently changed ownership. The recommendations of the Service Advisor, Erik and the managers at this location should be heavily scrutinized.
THIS IS A BAD SHOP...........BEWARE!!

ELLERY B.
07/15/2016
The greeting, doing the work in a timely manner, and letting me know of other matters concerning my car!
The greeting, the waiting area, the price of certain repairs are more reasonable than most and the coupons!

MATT M.
Farmington, MN
Mazda 6
07/02/2016
Flat tire help
Pothole got my tire in an area of the twin cities I wasn't familiar with. Quick search on my phone took me here. They were courteous, quick to work on my tire, called before doing any work & gave choices ranging from cheaper to more expensive options. In no time I was back on the road. Recommended!!
Tom P. from East Lake Street Tires Plus responded on 07/05/2016

We love to help!   Thank you for the kind words.

EZRA B.
Saint Paul, MN
Pontiac Grand Am
06/15/2016
To good to be true
They are fast and they get the job done everytime.
Tom P. from East Lake Street Tires Plus responded on 06/16/2016

Thank you for the good review.  We look forward to helping you again when you need us.

TN
THOMAS N.
06/10/2016
Service was prompt ,kept me in the loop and made sure I was comfortable.
Tom P. from East Lake Street Tires Plus responded on 06/14/2016

Thank you for letting us work on your Camry.   We look forward to helping you keep it running for a long time.

MO
MARY O.
06/08/2016
I was impressed
The people I dealt with were friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient and the waiting room was clean and comfortable.
Wayne K., President of Retail Operations from East Lake Street Tires Plus responded on 06/08/2016

Thanks Mary.   We are working to improve our service every day.

ELLERY B.
05/15/2016
This is how people should be towards each other! In other words, people need to be righteous towards each other and love one another just like our LORD JESUS commands us to do!

RT
ROADY T.
05/14/2016
Review
Friendly, knowledgeable, understanding caring staff.

RO
RICHARD O.
GMC Sierra
04/23/2016
tire pressure sensors mixed up
tires are fine. air pressure sensors are now on the wrong wheels.

EZRA B.
Saint Paul, MN
Pontiac Grand Am
04/20/2016
Great Customer service
They were quick and did above and beyond. By the time I left and came back, they were done
Tom P. from East Lake Street Tires Plus responded on 04/21/2016

Ezra,
Thank you for the kind words about your last service.
Hope to see you soon. Have a great weekend.

PM
PIERRE VAN VE M.
04/11/2016
Kind welcome, detailed info, lowest cost deal.
Excellent service, very kind welcome. All options and related costs were detailed in case the tire couldn't be repaired. At the end the tire could actually be repaired, thus I was granted the lowest cost deal.
Tom P. from East Lake Street Tires Plus responded on 04/11/2016

Thank you pierre for the great review. It was our pleasure to repair the tire on your 2010 toyota camry. We look forward to seeing you soon. Have a great week.

GE
GARY E.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
04/06/2016
service
great mgr tom an excellent service

JE
JAMES E.
04/05/2016
They reccomend a coolant flush
They reccomend a 96 dollar coolant flush.
I just got one not to long ago at Jiffy Lube.
crooked crooked crooked
Wayne K., President of Retail Operations from East Lake Street Tires Plus responded on 04/05/2016

James,
We certainly apologize for not being more clear in our explanation of your cars needs and recommendations.   The coolant flush was a recommended service based on your mileage while the ball joint, tie rod end, CV axle, and degrease for leak are all needed repairs.  Perhaps in pulling your check engine codes for free and inspecting your vehicle for free we did not make the recommendation clear. No reputable shop will base a flush service on anything other than mileage which is what we did as we could not know that you may have had it done at another shop.  We strive to communicate your vehicles needs and let you make an educated buying decision.

LH
LORI H.
Luck, WI
03/30/2016
Last week
It's convenient to my work place.
Tom P. from East Lake Street Tires Plus responded on 04/01/2016

lori,
 Thank you for taking the time to give us a great review.
We look forward to servicing you 2008 ford edge in the future.
Have a great weekend.

Tom Perlinger
General Manager

TH
TIM H.
03/23/2016
Friendly staff during check in process.
Work completed in timely manner.
Tom P. from East Lake Street Tires Plus responded on 03/25/2016

Tim,

Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing.
We appreciate your business. Have a greet weekend.

Thanks,

Tom Perlinger
General Manager

MINI Cooper
03/21/2016
Fast and friendly service
Even on a Sunday the guys at this store got me in and out quickly.

03/18/2016
Solid as always
Once again fast and helpful. They got me in and showed me a couple of concerns to plan for. I will be back, these are my guys.

03/17/2016
Great service.
Tom has made a great difference in the store. They have been quick and very helpful each time I have been in.

JEAN H.
Dodge Avenger
01/26/2016
Took tooooo long.
Oil change was good except for the hour and half wait even when I had a scheduled appointment, not good!

SF
SARINA F.
Kia Optima
01/18/2016
Horrible aftermath
I bought two new tires and the next day my car was driving very bumpy. I assumed it may have been me, so I waited another day and then I noticed my car was pulling to the left and that bumpy noise was still there. I called to tell someone and they said it could be the tire pressure bc it was cold. He suggested that I go to the gas station and check the pressure. Unfortunately, that wasn't helpful for me because I don't know what the pressure is supposed to be in tires. He did say I could bring the car in if I wanted. However, I was afraid to drive it too far with my baby in the car and she snow. So, I went to a Tire Plus in New Hope. They were so accommodating and friendly. It turned out that it wasn't the tire pressure at all. The person who installed my tires did not do something properly (sorry, I cant articulate it). New Hope Tire Plus was able to fix my car and it has been driving fine.