Toyota of Puyallup

Review for Toyota of Puyallup
Larry G. on 12/08/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Poor Service"
I took my Tundra in for a 30,000 mile service. As part of the service, the tires are to be rotated. They were not. The service also includes a break inspection. How do you check the brakes if you don't remove the tires??
So basically I paid over $250.00 for an oil change and air filters...These I haven't verified were replaced at this time and am not sure if that was done either. I took this issue up with Kerry Sawyer, the general manager. All she did was make excuses and try to brush off the issues. I'll never go here again.
Review Created: 12/08/2017 10:21 AM
Rich C. at Toyota of Puyallup responded on 12/08/2017

Hello and thank you for your feedback.  As indicated during our conversation, our technician intentionally did not rotate your tires because they were nearly bald and best left in the positions they came in at.  This is something you confirmed as to knowing because you indicated you had already ordered a replacement set elsewhere.  We include tire rotations on our services, but will not do it if is counterproductive to the health of the vehicle.  Where we made a mistake, and I sincerely apologize, is that we failed to properly communicate that to you at the time of service. But I can assure you, the intentions on the part of the dealership were good.

Additionally, we checked with the technician, and our internal security cameras, and he absolutely did inspect the brakes on the vehicle.  Please note that you can take the tires off to check the brakes and return them to the same position without rotating them.

Because of our errors, we felt that the $20 discount we provided, in conjunction with providing you a 50% off coupon for your next oil change service, were gestures to make up for our communication error.  I apologize again you did not see them that way, but we had your best interest in mind throughout this whole service.

We appreciate all of your feedback and apologize again for our mistakes.  We actively price shop our competitors to ensure we are in line with all of our maintenance pricing and will continue to do so.  Your business is important to us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Rich Conley, Service Manager