University Tire And Auto Center - Pantops

Overall Rating 3.77/5Overall Rating 3.77/5Overall Rating 3.77/5rating 3.77rating 3.77

Latest Review about 1 month ago

Duska B.
Charlottesville, VA
11/28/2016
Poor Customer Service and Ripoff
I used to go there for every oil change and inspection. This year I was little late and took my car to get inspected the last day. Travis called me later that day and told me my car was done and the bill is around $500 I begged them to see if they could give me a little break since I've been their customer for a while but Travis told me "Ma'am do you go to the Doctor and tell him which bills you want to pay" Right there showed me there was no customer respect at all. I will never go there again!

SJ
S J.
Palmyra, VA
11/01/2016
10 years Customer (expensive fix that could have been avoided)
10 plus years Customers) My sister had her transmission flushed there. Once she drove it home she noticed the truck had a bit of a jerk to it. She took the truck back to them several times questioning the jerk every time they so called checked it of course nothing was wrong after driving it for a few months and going back for them to look at it several more times now there's a problem now she need to replace the transmission of course it not their fault but they are the ones that has ever worked on her truck/transmission. Do not recommend them for service on anything.

** Update so my sister spoke with Dave she sent him the receipt of the new transmission work like he requested, she is not pointing the entire blame on UTAC but if they had looked at this issue when she kept saying something was not right after the transmission was flushed, it could have been avoided thousands of dollars later. So at this time of course no one has gotten back to her to see if they are going the help come up with a solution to this problem, other than the response below, that they have been in contact with my sister. If you are not going to help just say so instead of avoiding this matter.

AE
Anna E.
Palmyra, VA
03/17/2016
CAUTION. SCAM ARTISTS
CAUTION. THEY WILL SCAM YOU. They failed my van for state inspection due to a "power steering leak." When asked to show us the leak, they were unable to. And STILL would not pass it. We had to get the Virginia State Police to come and ORDER them to pass the vehicle. Unbelievable. Thanks to the VSP for their time and assistance!

s c.
Charlottesville, VA
06/20/2015
Professional Rip Offs 0 out of 5!!!
After 1st service of over $2300, the repairs to car caused other damage, took back to shop and U Tire suggested another service charge of another $800 to fix the problem, car still was not running correct after that diagnosis, then claimed it was another issue w/ the car with the price tag of another $194.13, car broke down on me, brought car back to be serviced 3 more times in 4 days, again stated that they had taken care of all issues to my car, I drove it .25 miles from their shop and now they want to tell me BECAUSE I DROVE IT FOR SO LONG NOW YOU NEED A TRANSMISSION THAT WILL COST ME $4113.00!!! I would not trust this shop with ANY SERVICE.

DAVID H.
Keswick, VA
Lexus ES 350
04/11/2014
poor follow up
previously gave feedback re this trip. never heard from you

MATT C.
Subaru Impreza
03/13/2014
terrible.
I dropped my car off in the am. Didnt hear anything, called at 3 pm and was told i was next. Went by a 6 and they hadnt looked at my car. They had no explanation.