Virginia Tire And Auto Of Broadlands

Overall Rating 3.83333/5Overall Rating 3.83333/5Overall Rating 3.83333/5rating 3.83333rating 3.83333
Overall Rating 1.91667/5rating 1.91667rating 1.91667rating 1.91667rating 1.91667
Latest Review almost 2 years ago

Hector T. on 02/06/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Great Disappointment in the service."
For the past three years, my wife and I have taken our vehicles to the local Virginia Tire and Auto for general service repairs. On the morning of 30 January 2016, I brought in my vehicle to repair a "Service Engine Soon" light that was suddenly on. At that time, the people at the Virginia Tire and Auto recommended a diagnostic test and after performing it, diagnosed the problem as a canister/vent valve that needed to be replaced. Total cost plus labor was $465.22. Everything was fine when I picked up the car, but several days later, the light came on again. After speaking with Tom, he told me to bring the car in again (no charge) and they would again diagnose the problem. On the morning of 6 Feb, I again brought the vehicle in, but this time the diagnosis was a complete new set of issues, involving the replacement of the Catalytic converter with Manifold, and the replacement of the Fuel to air ratio sensor. This time, the costs would amount to a whopping $1326.00. My question is - why was this set of problems not diagnosed a week earlier when I paid the initial $465.22?? This time, I refused the service because I have unfortunately lost my confidence in Virginia Tire and Auto to fully diagnose and treat the problem with my vehicle. I will continue to drive with my "Service Engine Soon" light still on, and take the vehicle elsewhere. This is not the way to run a business, and it will be a long time before we bring our vehicles to Virginia Tire and Auto.
Service Date: 02/06/2016
Review Created: 02/06/2016 12:21 PM
RICHIE C. on 01/10/2016
"Safety Inspection"
Thorough, prompt and professional.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 01/06/2016
Review Created: 01/10/2016 09:55 AM
JAMES B. on 01/07/2016
"A little disappointed"
VTA has ALWAYS done right by me. My last visit ended up being very frustrating as I needed new tires and brakes before heading North for the winter to go hunting, pick up my son from college and for the holidays. I picked up my car after assuming all 4 tires and all 4 brakes had been replaced. After driving for about 30 minutes it was evident that something wasn't completed with the brakes. There was still a shimmy when I applied the brakes. I was already on my way to NY and I couldn't come back so I called and found out that only my rear brakes had been replaced and NOT the front. I was very disappointed and voiced my frustrations with the manager since I had called several times to price both the tires and brakes and work up a deal to have everything done before my trip. However, in the end, VTA was extremely courteous and professional and I was able to bring my car in as soon as I was back in the area and they fixed everything. I would DEFINITELY recommend VTA because everyone can make a mistake. It's how it's handled once realized that counts in my book and VTA went out of its way to ensure I was taken care of in the end. This review is for this visit ONLY. All other visits have been great.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Equinox
Service Date: 12/07/2015
Review Created: 01/07/2016 07:17 AM
JOHN R. on 01/05/2016
"A hidden gem"
I reviewed this store before, and I gave it the highest possible rating. This is the second time I visited As before, the service was prompt, efficient, and professional. I asked for the vehicle to be serviced while a new battery was being installed. Both jobs were completed in, I believe, less than an hour. Both times, I walked in and walked out in less time than promised. This place is not your run-of-the-mill auto repair shop. No scams here, no gimmicks, no filthy restroom, no be-bopping technicians, and no lying high-pressure salesmen. It is a hidden gem.
Vehicle: Mazda CX-9
Service Date: 01/04/2016
Review Created: 01/05/2016 09:04 PM
JEFF G. on 01/05/2016
"No attention to detail and being lied to repeatedly by the front desk staff."
Brought the vehicle in for a 15,000 mile service, which consists mostly of an oil change and tire rotation. It was one of the last vehicles done at the end of the day and when I asked if the tires were rotated, I was told by two young kids at the front that the tires weren't rotated because the the tread wear was the same on all four tires.I challenged this as I know this is not the reason that tires are rotated and they insisted this was the reason. I then asked to see a manager who told me that the tires did need to be rotated and offered to do it the next day for free. After picking up the vehicle, the tire pressure light was indicating that tires were low on air pressure and the service indicator had not been reset. We will be looking for somewhere else to take our vehicles.
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Service Date: 01/03/2016
Review Created: 01/05/2016 08:04 AM
HOWARD B. on 01/04/2016
"Motorcycle inspection."
Nice, motorcycle friendly experience.
Vehicle: Honda
Service Date: 01/02/2016
Review Created: 01/04/2016 06:32 AM
Steve R. at Virginia Tire And Auto Of Broadlands responded on 01/04/2016

Howard,

Awesome, glad things went so well. Thank you for your business!

MIR A. on 01/01/2016
"My first time here"
I met with Rob at the front desk. Very friendly and nice guy. Scheduled me for my BA inspection and gave me the eta for the completion. There is a nice little area to sit and relax if you decided to wait for your car. The coffee area was nice and clean and coffee taste good. Thanks for the prompt service. I was called before my eta. I would go back.
Vehicle: Infiniti Q50
Service Date: 12/30/2015
Review Created: 01/01/2016 03:16 AM
Steve R. at Virginia Tire And Auto Of Broadlands responded on 01/02/2016

Mir,

Awesome! So glad your first visit went so well. Thank you for your business.

JEFFERY C. on 12/30/2015
"Tire Rotation "
Got my car in shortly after my scheduled appointment. Staff was very professional and got me on my way very quickly.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Jetta
Service Date: 12/28/2015
Review Created: 12/30/2015 05:09 AM
Steve R. at Virginia Tire And Auto Of Broadlands responded on 01/02/2016

Jeffery<

Thank you for your business!

Steev Roland

ERIC H. on 12/29/2015
"Ok for basic service needs. "
Recommended $1200 of additional work, (refused), for an oil leak. Removed skid plate and discovered a loose hose clamp on an oil line going into radiator. Clamp was tightened and leak stopped. Why couldn't your techs do that?? I'd only recommend for basic service. (Oil change, inspection, tires, etc.) for any major recommendations get a second opinion.
Vehicle: Ford Escape
Service Date: 12/22/2015
Review Created: 12/29/2015 06:58 PM
Steve R. at Virginia Tire And Auto Of Broadlands responded on 12/30/2015

Eric,

Not sure what happened, but rest assured that I will check into it for you. Thank you for your business.

MADELEINE/SHYE G. on 12/29/2015
"Professional and friendly service "
Tire program is great.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 12/27/2015
Review Created: 12/29/2015 08:10 AM

Madeleine,

So glad that your visit went well. Thank you for your business.

BROOKE S. on 12/26/2015
"Best service ever!!"
Honest, extremely polite, you feel you are in good hands, they will always do their best to accommodate you and I couldn't choose a better service!
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 12/01/2015
Review Created: 12/26/2015 08:51 PM

Brooke,

Anytime we can help, just let us know.

DAVID G. on 12/26/2015
"Dave's review"
Very professional and friendly staff, plus great service.
Vehicle: Buick LeSabre
Service Date: 12/24/2015
Review Created: 12/26/2015 11:53 AM

David,

It's always great having you guys in. Thank you for your business.

MATT/DANIELLE C. on 12/26/2015
"GREAT service - I would never go anywhere else."
I would never go anywhere else. Rob at the Broadlands store took such great care of us. This car needed quite a bit but we know it was done right!
Vehicle: Volkswagen Passat
Review Created: 12/26/2015 11:44 AM

Matt/Danielle,

Guys so glad Rob was able to care of you! Thank you so much for you business.

THOMAS/DIANA F. on 12/25/2015
"Consistently excellent service"
Took hi mileage 4Runner in for tire rotation, oil change and general look over prior to a long trip. Some shops would find SOMETHING that needed "fixing" with an opening like that. As always, I got an honest appraisal, quick work, and a reasonable price. Love these guys. They've serviced our cars for 23 years and each branch seems run consistently well.
Vehicle: Toyota 4Runner
Review Created: 12/25/2015 04:36 AM

Thomas,

Thanks you so much for being such a loyal customer to Virginia Tire & Auto! It truly is our pleasure to have your trust.

DANIEL G. on 12/24/2015
"They do exactly what they say they will do"
I've been going to Virginia Tire & Auto at this location since it opened. I keep going back because they do exactly what they say they will do, for the price they quote. Their waiting area is clean and offers decent coffee & wifi. I can get my work done while I wait, or they will drive me home if I like. They are friendly too. The only downside is that they are extremely busy, a byproduct of doing a great job for their customers.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz CLK320
Review Created: 12/24/2015 09:04 PM

Daniel,

Thank you for trusting us with your vehical! It is our pleasure to be of service.

JOYCE G. on 12/23/2015
"Pleasant and friendly "
Honest, never wait to long
Vehicle: Honda Pilot
Service Date: 12/21/2015
Review Created: 12/23/2015 03:04 PM

Joyce,

Thank you for your business.

FERNANDO H. on 12/22/2015
"Friendly"
Service completed within an acceptable time, but could have been better, shorter.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 12/03/2015
Review Created: 12/22/2015 06:17 PM

Fernando,

We will keep working to short wait times. Thank you for your business.

THERESA/PETER M. on 12/21/2015
"Great people"
Great people
Vehicle: GMC Yukon
Service Date: 12/19/2015
Review Created: 12/21/2015 06:34 AM

Theresa,

Aweome glad things went so well.

SRICHAND D. on 12/20/2015
"Waited 1.5 hrs for Tire rotation"
The day was pretty slow. And I only could see 5 customers during my slot.

A Mechanic and a mechanic bay was empty for 30 mins before my car was pulled in.

After that nothing was done on my car for 50 mins, even thoughI could see 1-2 mechanics chatting away.

Then finally it took a mechanic 10 mins to rotate my tires.

1.5 hrs??? Really!!!
Vehicle: BMW 528i
Service Date: 12/18/2015
Review Created: 12/20/2015 08:48 AM

Srichand,

Sorry that it took so long for your rotation should not of taken so long. I see that you were here an hour and five minutes from check in to check out. But still that is too long.

KEN/BARBARA C. on 12/20/2015
"Your employees"
Karin did a great job helping with a tire problem. Prompt and courteous. Thanks for the bottle of water afterwards.
Vehicle: BMW X3
Service Date: 12/18/2015
Review Created: 12/20/2015 04:56 AM

Ken,

It was nice meeting you the other morning and thank your for your kind words.