Virginia Tire and Auto of Chantilly

Unprofessional sevice

Robi S.
07/20/2018
Not going back
Better go to a dealership as they ll provide better service at same price

Richard S.
01/16/2018
Made Vehicle Worse
Zero Stars
-took way longer than promised
-ultimately could not meet deadline
-MADE IT WORSE
Took our Jeep in to Virginia Tire and Auto. I was pretty sure we had a bad wheel bearing, and since it was the middle of January, I decided that it wasn’t worth the effort, so I knew I had to find a place to take it in.
VTA-Chantilly had decent reviews, which apparently wasn’t saying much. Called to make an appointment got through all the information with the person at the desk, when she suddenly informed me they WON’T TAKE APPOINTMENTS FOR DIAGNOSITICS!?! I just wanted them to confirm my diagnosis.
I took the car in before 9AM and dropped it off, with the assurances that they could repair the vehicle that day. I hadn’t heard anything by 2PM, and I had asked them to make sure I was right and check the suspension before they did any work, I decided to call.
They had not looked at vehicle yet, and told me they would have it looked at by 4. I knew at that point they wouldn’t be able to get the car done that day, but I really wanted to make sure I knew what was wrong with it, so I left it there.
It turned out both of my front wheel bearings were going bad.
When they finally called and said they needed to order the bearings, but they could definitely get the car fixed the next day, I was hesitant because we needed the car to get to work. (The first day was a day off work).
They told me they could provide a loaner, so I decided to let them do it.
The next day, I called them from work around 1:30 PM and they hadn’t even started work on it yet. (Wheel bearings take about 2 hrs to do per side, if nothing goes wrong). Again, I was promised that it was the next one in and they would have it done today.
I called back on my way home from work at 5 PM, they said they were working on it, but it wasn’t done. It was promised that they would have it done by 7 PM.
They call me at 6:30 PM and told me that they had run into issues and wouldn’t be able to get it done today.
When I asked what the issues were, they told me that the axle nuts were rusted on too much and it would take longer to do.
There are two problems with that statement. First of all, the car is only 4 years old, and I inspect it pretty thoroughly on a regular basis, if there is more than a quarter size spot of rust on the vehicle, I would have probably found it.
Second problem, if you haven’t removed a wheel bearing before, the axel nut is the 4TH thing you remove when starting the project.
The 1st – 3rd being, put the car on the lift, remove the wheel, remove the break caliper and rotor.
So basically, they hadn’t really worked on it and all, and were blaming some “rusted” parts on the fact that they were too lazy or overbooked to start the job in the first place.
I told them to put the car back together, that I would be there in 5 minutes to pick it up. It was already in the parking lot before I got there. They would have only had time to put the lug nuts back on and drive it out.
When we left the shop, the noises we took it in for were much more pronounced and the car now had a definite shake that wasn’t there when we dropped it off.
PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY MONEY, THEY DON’T DESERVE IT.

Jon B.
03/10/2017
Customer service is Severely Lacking!
This shop does not represent YOU as a customer. You spend tons of money there and if anything goes wrong...prepare to not get their support and dole out more of your hard earned money.

BG
BAOSHAN G.
Nissan Sentra
01/21/2016
checking fee ?
I had my car's front/back brake pads etc replaced for $600+. And the second day after a trip, I got a strong burnt smell around a back tire. I went back for them to recheck the brake, and was told I would be charged about $100 for the checking if this was not related to the work they did, and needed to wait for 4 hours. It turned out it was related to their installation (lucky me), but did not like the service.

JEAN S.
01/18/2016
understanding the problem
able to take care of my car and answer my questions right away.

JING-YAW L.
01/11/2016
friendly and good service
great service

RICK R.
01/07/2016
They do it all...including 5 star customer service
I would rather go to Va Tire for my new car than the dealer for anything except warranty work. I take all 3 cars to Va. Tire

RUSSEL G.

Valued Customer
Dodge Charger
01/04/2016
Excellent Experience
Very reasonable prices and a pleasant experience. Very professional group of people from the front office to the shop manager (I spoke with both). Kept me informed regarding the repairs and finished the job at the estimate price. Will definitely repeat.

FN

BARRY B.
Cadillac CTS
01/02/2016
Excellent customer service!
Professional, courteous, honest and excellent customer service. They genuinely care.

DONNA S.
Upper Marlboro, MD
Nissan Maxima
01/02/2016
Courteous people
They seem to be up front and honest with you.

JEFF S.
Dodge Magnum
01/01/2016
Dodge Magnum
People were friendly and knowledgeable

TK
THOMAS K.
Suzuki XL7
12/30/2015

WM
WILLIAM/MARGARET M.
Dodge Dakota
12/29/2015
Quality and reliable service.
I have been a loyal customer for over 30th years, and in this time there was only one time I had a problem with the work done. And even then they corrected their error and make it right.

DENNIS/SANDRA M.

Oak Hill, VA
Subaru Impreza
12/28/2015
Engine light on
Chris and all whom I spoke with were clear, polite, treated me professionally and explained what was done very clearly.

DON S.
BMW 525i
12/26/2015
Disappointed
Went in for safety inspection and emissions inspection. Was told there was one car ahead of me. Forty-five minutes they drove my car in for the inspections. Forty-five minutes later they told me their machine was broken and they couldn't do the emissions inspection. Not an overall good experience. Also, tried to get some coffee, but no coffee was available.

PC
PHILLIS C.
Middleburg, VA
Jeep Compass
12/25/2015
It's the service -that's why I return.
Excellent, timely and courteous service. Having the shuttle service is a plus.