Virginia Tire and Auto of Gainesville

Overall Rating 4.34/5Overall Rating 4.34/5Overall Rating 4.34/5Overall Rating 4.34/5rating 4.34

Overall Rating 4.57143/5Overall Rating 4.57143/5Overall Rating 4.57143/5Overall Rating 4.57143/5rating 4.57143
Overall Rating 2.04762/5Overall Rating 2.04762/5rating 2.04762rating 2.04762rating 2.04762

Eugene A. on 02/26/2017
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Job not done right the first time"
Did not top off transmission fluid during oil change and fluids check/top off. Went back 3 days later to have transmission fluid topped off...told me it would take 20 minutes. Waited 35 min and car still in the parking lot. Had to leave and transmission fluid still not topped off.
Service Date: 02/23/2017
Review Created: 02/26/2017 08:35 AM
Claire M. on 12/01/2016
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Don't ever take your car to this place!"
First I'll start by saying that not all Virginia Tire and auto locations are bad. My family took all our vehicles to the Centreville location for over seven years and were extremely happy with the service we received there. We moved to Gainesville in May and were very happy to find out that they had a location right down the road from us. I was due for an oil change so I brought my car in and they came to tell me that I had multiple things wrong with my car. Please note that my car was driving perfectly, prior to bringing it to VA Tire and Auto. They claimed that one of the issues was with my front axel. They made me feel like it was totally unsafe to drive my car, so I had them fix it. They had my car for a day and a half and when I called to find out what was taking so long, I find out that the work was finished and no one had bothered to notify me. Upon leaving the garage, I noticed that the steering wheel was shuddering pretty badly. Badly enough to vibrate the whole dash and my arms every time I braked. I took it back in so they could fix the issue and after keeping my car all day, I'm told that nothing is wrong with my car and that 3 different people there drove it and didn't notice any shuddering. They made me feel like they thought I was crazy and imagining things. I was so upset when I left there. Both my husband and other passengers that had been in my car noticed the continued shuddering for a few weeks. I finally couldn't deal with it anymore and took it to the Centreville location to be checked. They immediately noticed the shuddering and fixed the issue right away.
So tonight, against my recommendation, my husband took my car in for a simple safety inspection. He figured they could at least handle something like that. They failed my car and said my suspension needed servicing and that there was a boot or something leaking fluid everywhere. Please once again note that my car has been operating perfectly with no issues or fluid leaks noticed in my driveway. They insist that my car won't pass inspection without almost $1500 worth of work needing to be done. I will never set one foot in that place again. It is a shame that they're trying to take advantage of people like this.
Service Date: 12/01/2016
Review Created: 12/01/2016 04:12 PM
LAURA W. on 01/05/2016
"Good Job VA Tire!!"
Very helpful staff; knowledgeable, professional, friendly... have yet to be disappointed.
However, a lady does not like to wait... :o) So please keep it moving boys... Thank You :oP
Vehicle: Volkswagen Golf
Review Created: 01/05/2016 05:03 PM
ANTHONY K. on 01/04/2016
"Failed State Inspection Unnecessarily "
Your state inspector failed my truck for marker lights that it didn't have & tried charging me to replace them.After researching & being inconvenienced, I came back to confront the store. I initially was told by the inspector that "I don't have to deal with you & you can go elsewhere". The manager stepped in & calmed the situation, but the whole experience felt a bad taste with the store.He eventually did not charge for the re-inspection & passed my truck.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 12/29/2015
Review Created: 12/31/2015 09:45 AM
KATHRYN P. on 12/31/2015
"Will Not Go Back"
Went for a safety inspection. They mixed up my truck with another one, and had the other owner authorize repairs on my truck. When they discovered their error, they THEN found something ELSE to "fix" on the other guy's truck. We both told them to reject our trucks, and vowed never to return. Incidentally, they wanted $114.00 for a simple exposed wire splice on the brake light in my bed cap. Also, the service writer and the inspector were heatedly arguing over whose fault the mix up was, wasting time instead working to fix their screwup. VA Tire and Auto is a ripoff. As I waited over an hour for a simple safety inspection (AFTER it was in the bay), I listened to several salesman give completely bogus reasons to customers for why they needed to buy more expensive tires than the ones the customer requested. It was shameful. Looks to me like the happy customers here are the ones who don't know any better, and trust what they're told.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 12/29/2015
Review Created: 12/31/2015 06:29 AM
JUAN/NOELI F. on 12/30/2015
"Conveniently placed, price, service."
Good service, reasonably priced. Guaranteed.
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe
Service Date: 12/28/2015
Review Created: 12/30/2015 06:11 AM
PAZ M. on 12/28/2015
"Great and timely service"
Thanks - excellent service and reasonable wait time.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Review Created: 12/28/2015 11:07 AM
MARK D. on 12/28/2015
"Excellent Service"
I was contacted prior to the work beginning. The service writer explained all necessary repairs and recommended services. I was not pressured to accept work that was recommended. My vehicle was ready the same day.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Review Created: 12/28/2015 10:01 AM
KINYA F. on 12/28/2015
"More than an oil change..."
Ever since I got my car in April 2015, the warning light that lets me know that I have low tire pressure has been on. Naturally I have taken my car to various places for an oil change (Jiffy Lube and Merchants to be exact). NEITHER place has ever bothered to address this warning light, however they eagerly tried to shove additional services down my throat. I didn't even mention that warning light to VA Tire and to my surprise, the light isn't on anymore!! I notice the little details to service like that. Thank you.
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Review Created: 12/28/2015 08:42 AM
KEVIN B. on 12/28/2015
"Oil change/tire rotation "
Fast, efficient and great customer service
Vehicle: Chevrolet Tahoe
Review Created: 12/28/2015 05:28 AM
DUANE M. on 12/27/2015
"Quick Emissions Testing"
Came in for mandatory emissions testing. The service was very fast and the people cheerful.
Vehicle: Toyota Matrix
Review Created: 12/27/2015 08:58 PM
CORDELL M. on 12/26/2015
"Corrected The Issue & Stood by the Warranty"
I must say that Mgr Jeff T. at Gainesville is a man of his word. They corrected the Alignment/Steering wheel off center problem and corrected the billing for parts that I wasn't notified of. No complaints, just satisfied. Thank you and you will continue to get my business. This is what I expected from Goodyear.
Vehicle: Audi A6
Service Date: 12/11/2015
Review Created: 12/26/2015 11:50 AM
BOB/MARGARET J. on 12/26/2015
"State Inpection"
Everything went smoothly. No issues, prompt service, and friendly staff. Thank you.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz C32
Service Date: 12/24/2015
Review Created: 12/26/2015 02:56 AM
JIM W. on 12/25/2015
"Awesome service"
I needed an emissions inspection. No line today. Very fast!
Vehicle: BMW 550i
Service Date: 12/23/2015
Review Created: 12/25/2015 04:39 AM
MARTIN L. on 12/25/2015
"TIre"
Very good job fixing my tire
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 12/23/2015
Review Created: 12/25/2015 02:29 AM
ARLENE M. on 12/24/2015
"Convient plus being transported back and forth. "
Great attitude with customers Have always been treated fairly.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Impala
Service Date: 12/22/2015
Review Created: 12/24/2015 05:19 PM
FAY W. on 12/24/2015
"Service"
The service advisor was very informative and knowledgable and discussed with me about why I brought in my car. I was pleased with the handling of my issue.
Vehicle: Volvo XC90
Service Date: 12/19/2015
Review Created: 12/24/2015 02:55 PM
CATHERINE H. on 12/23/2015
"efficiency, and thorough knowledge of autos..."
staff is pleasant, efficient, and explains in detail what they had to fix and why...they take their time with the customers
and don't make them feel "rushed"- they certainly made me feel comfortable, and I will definitely visit your company again,
and I willrecommend....thank you c. kit Hopkins/ Gainesville, va.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 12/21/2015
Review Created: 12/23/2015 02:34 PM
SABRA C. on 12/23/2015
"tire patch"
My husband and I use this location and have had a good experience until this last visit. They retained my vehicle for over 7 hours in order to patch a tire. A bit excessive. Not a happy camper on this one.
I would recommend this business even after the extreme delay.
Vehicle: Ford Escape