Virginia Tire and Auto of Gainesville

Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5Overall Rating 4.33/5rating 4.33

Overall Rating 4.57143/5Overall Rating 4.57143/5Overall Rating 4.57143/5Overall Rating 4.57143/5rating 4.57143
Overall Rating 2.04762/5Overall Rating 2.04762/5rating 2.04762rating 2.04762rating 2.04762
Latest Review about 2 months ago

JV
Jay V.
07/30/2018
Very unproffesional
Disappointed with this place do not recommend going here dishonest and unproffesional. Not coming back to this place.

EH
Erica H.
Manassas, VA
07/30/2018
Save yourself the time and headache
Save yourself the time and headache. I went in for an inspection which failed, which I expected considering I told them my air bag light was on and needed to be looked at. Instead of doing a thing the checked off several things that failed, gave me no additional information, and no additional assistance for fixing these issues. I understand that I was there on a Sunday and they might not have had time to do it that day, but instead of helping me schedule a time to come back in to get everything straightened out they simply said they didn't have any answers and requested payment. Worst vehicle experience of my life.

AD
Amy D.
06/23/2018
Quick and good service
Service team, Garrett got me and and taken care of in less than 20 min for Emissions and State Inspection! Helped with 2 other issues as well. Great service!!!

AD
Amy D.
06/23/2018
Quick and good service

jamie f.
Bealeton, VA
06/03/2018
This place sucks
These people are a joke i would not recommend you to take your wheelbarrow there .They have no clue whats going on.

Q.
Q ..
Falls Church, VA
01/20/2018
ALOT OF TIME ON YOUR HANDS
I can't believe the amount of time one individual takes to sit and write paragraph after paragraph in regards to complaining. Wow!!!! Look up at the sky sometime instead of down at your phones. Some of you guys are such *****es!!! And the women, ****ing gross. Change your own oil or do your own repairs. Man I hate people.

Ray S.
12/30/2017
Not as good as it used to be
Virginia Tire and Auto (VTA) in Gainesville used to be my “go to” place for having work done. Sadly, this is not the case after my two most recent trips.

Here are some of the reasons. In the not to distant past, if you wanted an oil change done and brought your own oil, they would charge you a reasonable labor charge and disposal fee in addition to any parts. This usually amounted to around $20 or so plus the filter. Since I usually run synthetic in my cars I would rather purchase the oil at Costco when on sale than to spend the $80 normally charge for Mobil 1 (some say cheap, others say thrifty). Now VTA charges you the full price of a non-synthetic oil change, or $40. The first example of highway robbery without the gun.

A second reason I will no longer darken their doorway has to do with a quote I received recently. I needed rear brakes on my wife's 4Runner. The shop quoted over $400 for just the rear brakes with a good bit of that being the rotors and pads. I typically use better parts from brakeperformance.com and VTA is one of the only shops to allow customers to bring their own parts. I checked and was able to get both rotors and pads for less than what VTA was going to charge me for one rotor and I knew that they would be better quality purchased from Brake Performance (and U.S. made). I asked for a revised quote to have them installed and was given a price of $142 for the labor. I thought, “Excellent – reasonable price”. When the rotors and pads arrived I took the truck in for service. I was told the quote was wrong and that the new price would include a %20 charge for bringing my own parts and that shop supplies would be added as well. Price was now just under $200. Not terribly bad.

The bad part was that they had also quoted my a cost of $160 for replacing the pads only for my other car. When I tried to bring the car in the next day I was again told the quote was wrong and that the new cost would be just shy of $300. The explanation was that the original quote was for one axle (even though I asked before if the quote covered both) and that the new quote also include the %20 service charge and, of course, shop supplies. My math is rusty but I can figure out that $160x2 should have been well over $300 especially adding in %20 and shop crap.

Oh, I almost forgot. The car I wanted to replace the pads on had a full brake job done just 10 months prior by VTA using my parts (from Brake Performance naturally). With the earlier work I had purchased ceramic pads. I highly recommend around here that we avoid ceramic pads. A couple of time with sudden stops on I66 I did not like the feel at all. The real kicker, that full installation of new rotors and pads all the way around came in at $232. Well below their new quote for pads only.

In conclusion, VTA Gainesville has definitely gone down hill in the past year. Another local shop, Piedmont Tire and Auto will be getting all of my business in the future for most things. If I ever need brakes again, I'll either do it myself or find someone that will take the superior parts from Brake Performance and not try to screw me over.

EA
Eugene A.
02/26/2017
Job not done right the first time
Did not top off transmission fluid during oil change and fluids check/top off. Went back 3 days later to have transmission fluid topped off...told me it would take 20 minutes. Waited 35 min and car still in the parking lot. Had to leave and transmission fluid still not topped off.

Claire M.
12/01/2016
Don't ever take your car to this place!
First I'll start by saying that not all Virginia Tire and auto locations are bad. My family took all our vehicles to the Centreville location for over seven years and were extremely happy with the service we received there. We moved to Gainesville in May and were very happy to find out that they had a location right down the road from us. I was due for an oil change so I brought my car in and they came to tell me that I had multiple things wrong with my car. Please note that my car was driving perfectly, prior to bringing it to VA Tire and Auto. They claimed that one of the issues was with my front axel. They made me feel like it was totally unsafe to drive my car, so I had them fix it. They had my car for a day and a half and when I called to find out what was taking so long, I find out that the work was finished and no one had bothered to notify me. Upon leaving the garage, I noticed that the steering wheel was shuddering pretty badly. Badly enough to vibrate the whole dash and my arms every time I braked. I took it back in so they could fix the issue and after keeping my car all day, I'm told that nothing is wrong with my car and that 3 different people there drove it and didn't notice any shuddering. They made me feel like they thought I was crazy and imagining things. I was so upset when I left there. Both my husband and other passengers that had been in my car noticed the continued shuddering for a few weeks. I finally couldn't deal with it anymore and took it to the Centreville location to be checked. They immediately noticed the shuddering and fixed the issue right away.
So tonight, against my recommendation, my husband took my car in for a simple safety inspection. He figured they could at least handle something like that. They failed my car and said my suspension needed servicing and that there was a boot or something leaking fluid everywhere. Please once again note that my car has been operating perfectly with no issues or fluid leaks noticed in my driveway. They insist that my car won't pass inspection without almost $1500 worth of work needing to be done. I will never set one foot in that place again. It is a shame that they're trying to take advantage of people like this.

LW
LAURA W.
Volkswagen Golf
01/05/2016
Good Job VA Tire!!
Very helpful staff; knowledgeable, professional, friendly... have yet to be disappointed.
However, a lady does not like to wait... :o) So please keep it moving boys... Thank You :oP

AK
ANTHONY K.
01/04/2016
Failed State Inspection Unnecessarily
Your state inspector failed my truck for marker lights that it didn't have & tried charging me to replace them.After researching & being inconvenienced, I came back to confront the store. I initially was told by the inspector that "I don't have to deal with you & you can go elsewhere". The manager stepped in & calmed the situation, but the whole experience felt a bad taste with the store.He eventually did not charge for the re-inspection & passed my truck.

BK
BEVERLY K.
12/31/2015
Exceptional service.

KP
KATHRYN P.
12/31/2015
Will Not Go Back
Went for a safety inspection. They mixed up my truck with another one, and had the other owner authorize repairs on my truck. When they discovered their error, they THEN found something ELSE to "fix" on the other guy's truck. We both told them to reject our trucks, and vowed never to return. Incidentally, they wanted $114.00 for a simple exposed wire splice on the brake light in my bed cap. Also, the service writer and the inspector were heatedly arguing over whose fault the mix up was, wasting time instead working to fix their screwup. VA Tire and Auto is a ripoff. As I waited over an hour for a simple safety inspection (AFTER it was in the bay), I listened to several salesman give completely bogus reasons to customers for why they needed to buy more expensive tires than the ones the customer requested. It was shameful. Looks to me like the happy customers here are the ones who don't know any better, and trust what they're told.

JUAN/NOELI F.
Hyundai Santa Fe
12/30/2015
Conveniently placed, price, service.
Good service, reasonably priced. Guaranteed.

PM
PAZ M.
Great and timely service
Thanks - excellent service and reasonable wait time.

MARK D.
Bristow, VA
12/28/2015
I was contacted prior to the work beginning. The service writer explained all necessary repairs and recommended services. I was not pressured to accept work that was recommended. My vehicle was ready the same day.

KF
KINYA F.
Ashburn, VA
Nissan Sentra
12/28/2015
More than an oil change...
Ever since I got my car in April 2015, the warning light that lets me know that I have low tire pressure has been on. Naturally I have taken my car to various places for an oil change (Jiffy Lube and Merchants to be exact). NEITHER place has ever bothered to address this warning light, however they eagerly tried to shove additional services down my throat. I didn't even mention that warning light to VA Tire and to my surprise, the light isn't on anymore!! I notice the little details to service like that. Thank you.

KEVIN B.
Bristow, VA
Oil change/tire rotation
Fast, efficient and great customer service

DUANE M.
Toyota Matrix
12/27/2015
Quick Emissions Testing
Came in for mandatory emissions testing. The service was very fast and the people cheerful.

CORDELL M.
12/26/2015
Corrected The Issue & Stood by the Warranty
I must say that Mgr Jeff T. at Gainesville is a man of his word. They corrected the Alignment/Steering wheel off center problem and corrected the billing for parts that I wasn't notified of. No complaints, just satisfied. Thank you and you will continue to get my business. This is what I expected from Goodyear.