Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

WW
William W.
Dodge Durango
10/09/2019 Category: Service
William said they were not able to fix the problem but charged him 115 dollars. He would not recommend for the reason stated.

Jim C.
06/07/2018 Category: Service
Jim said the facility charged his air conditioning yesterday and it's blowing warm air today. No cool air is coming out at all.

AK
Adrienne K.
Cadillac Escalade
05/23/2018 Category: Service
Adrienne said this business charged her $125, but she wasn't sure what she was charged for because she never got any kind of diagnostic report. In addition, they quoted her $1,100 and she found another facility that would do it for less than half of that.

JESSICA C.
Kia Optima
02/03/2018
Two weeks they had my car, and retuned it..
My car started messing up a year ago, I took it to Westside Automotive they changed my timing belt water pump and charged $2000. A couple days later had to take it to another shop because they didn't connect the hoses good. After that has to get a radiator, next day has to take it back because the house came off. Well later had it in the shop because thermostat. Well this time around take it up there had it two weeks and they could not find out what is going in with my car. I will not be taking my vehicle back. And definitely will not recommend them to any one I know.

David R.
12/22/2017
This is a rip-off shop is an understatement
Went in there to have my brakes checked my tires balanced and why my check engine was on as many may know your check engine can get check anywhere for free at AutoZone and places like that the manager here to charge me $100 in didn't tell me any different than what I already knew then try to sell me another $200 diagnostic after ripping me off on a hundred then I bring the car back 2 days later to get the tires rebalanced because they weren't done right and told him that I need him done he told me he didn't have time then told me I didn't pay for it when I did have it on my receipt then he tells me to take him to Big Chief I told him Big Chief wasn't paid to do the tire balance you were I said kind of like that diagnostic you charge me $100 for that I didn't need he said you know what you go f yourself what manager and what establishment acts like this due to his actions I spent my money at a reputable shop not at this dump don't take your car here they will rip you off

David R.
12/20/2017
Worst rip-off shop ever
I originally went there for brake inspection and a check engine light as many of you know you can get your check engine light check for free at your local automotive store I told them what the code was when I went there after being told I had to pay $100 hours for a new diagnostic they didn't tell me anything different than what AutoZone did for free then tried to sell me another $200 diagnostic so I left after getting my tires balanced came back to get my tires rebalanced because they weren't right he stated I never got them done there I showed him the receipt proving I did then I also told him you charge me $100 for a diagnostic that I didn't need and didn't tell me anything different than what I already knew he told me to go fuck myself then told me to go to Big Chief I told them Big Chief wasn't paid to do the balancing you were so he he went to give me my refund on just the balance of the tires then recharge my credit card never trust this guy he is a rip off

JESSICA C.
Kia Optima
12/08/2017
Problem not fixed
I took my car up there for two reason, $851 later it still does the same thing. I call up there after driving my car ten miles and he tells me to keep a eye on it. The work and price is terrible. I would recommend getting a second opinion from now on.

James B.
Orange Park, FL
GMC Yukon
11/28/2017 Category: Service
James said his dash was cracked, and the inside of his vehicle was dirty. The vehicle wasn't completely fixed, either, He is going back into the business tomorrow, with a list of things he is going to tell them. He will not recommend them after this visit.

LT
LOUIS T.
Chevrolet Astro Passenger
09/13/2017
paid t much for labor
put way too much oil in engine , A.C. still not working , no cold air is coming out .

PC
Phil C.
GMC Yukon
05/23/2017 Category: Service
Phil said he was quoted $95 for the service and afterwards it ended up being $115. When he told the employee about the quote, he was brushed off. He would not recommend this business and will not be back for that reason.
Chris F. from Westside Automotive Inc responded on 05/25/2017

Customer brought the Yukon in to us for an ac issue.. We found it to have two seperate issues. One being an issue in the dash which would have been a seperate diagnostic charge for electrical diagnostics and that charge would have been $54.95 to diagnose this and the other being an issue with the compressor itself. We traced and diagnosed this issue as being a bad ac compressor clutch assy. This normally would have been a seperate diagnostic charge of $99.95 plus taxes. We charged the customer a regular diagnostic fee of $99.95 plus shop supply fee and taxes which is normal for any and every car that comes into any shop. After diagnosing the Yukon and calling the customer with an estimate it then sat here for three days before it was picked up. Per company policy storage charges could have applied at the rate of $35.00 per day which we also waived. We provide estimates and are upfront about diagnostic charges and as with nearly everything else in the United States taxes do apply to final amount. We appologize if there was any confusion or miscommunication on our part but stand behind our policy and flat rate diagnostic fees.

Donovan W.
GMC Envoy
04/06/2017 Category: Service
Donovan said this was a bad experience for him. His vehicle was starting to act funny so he went to this business for service and the employees gave him the wrong diagnosis. They told him the vehicle needed $3,000 worth of repairs. He talked to his friend and he said that he only needed new spark plugs. He will not be going back to this business and he would like them to be more careful with their diagnosis.
Chris F. from Westside Automotive Inc responded on 04/13/2017

We performed an analysis on the truck only. Had a bad lekaing valve cover gasket which had oil leaking into the spark plug holes causing missfire. We advised the customer that the oil lekaing into plug holes was the cause of the missfire and it needed intake and valve cover gaskets and a set of plugs,#3 coil and an o2 sensor to repair. Customer declined repairs. estimate was $1200.00 plus tax not $3000.00...customer declined all repairs. Our diagnostics were correct.

Daniel B.
12/06/2016
Bait and Switch
I was not charged the amount which was agreed upon. Be very careful and get all quotes in writing before agreeing to service.

Jessica G.
Chevrolet Venture
01/13/2016 Category: Service
Jessica said this business misdiagnosed his vehicle saying she needed to replace her fuel pump. She had the service performed and her vehicle is still not working properly. The business has informed her she could bring the vehicle back but she can not afford to have the vehicle towed back to this business.
Chris F. from Westside Automotive Inc responded on 01/22/2016

We ran an analysis on this vehicle. We found it to have only 3 lbs of fuel pressure..Had power and ground to fuel pump. Advised customer it needed a fuel pump and retest. Neeed to check all wiring at tank to pump  also. She elected to take the vehicle and not repair. She called and said she had replaced the pump and still had issues. We advised her to get the vehcile back to usw and we would be happy to check it for her. Our analysis was correct. vehcile may have additoonal issues or she may have installed bad or wrong part.

CK
Charles K.
04/10/2014 Category: Service
Charles said the business was absolutely terrible. He would not recommend them to anyone. They gave him a diagnosis that was completely wrong and tried to make him pay for those repairs. He said he felt the business was very unknowledgeable.
Chris F. from Westside Automotive Inc responded on 04/14/2014

Customer had tried to repair this van himself and it was not successful. This van had a cam sensor that was erratic and the wiring harness to it in bad shape. The reason it was bad is due to improper installation and the hold down for the sensor being broken by the previous person who had replaced it. The battery was also bad and would not charge after multiple attempts. This is the extent of the repair and diagnoses he says are " completley wrong"...We simply told the customer what we saw broken..didn't attempt to sell him anything else. Customer stated that he was the one that had installed the cam sensor and we simply pointed out that he did it wrong, and it he took it to heart...

Jimmy G.
Cadillac CTS
02/18/2014 Category: Service
Jimmy said he told this business what the problem was and the business told him they would check this for $89. They did not repair the problem and told him they would repair it for $500. They also offered to check something else for an extra charge. He chose not to have the other item checked. He thought this business would check everything for $89.00. He sought a second opinion about the original problem and the competitor quoted a cheaper price and told him the problem might not be as costly a fix as this business thought. He would not recommend because of how costly this business seemed to be.
Chris F. from Westside Automotive Inc responded on 02/20/2014

We use original equiptment parts in this case Ac Delco so the cost is a bit higher than what you can buy from an auto parts store. We use a labor guide for estimates as does every other shop. My estimate was well below the delaer even though I recommended using a dealer part. We feel we offered this repair at a fair price and we know our diagnostics are correct there is no easier way to repair this car. We pride ourselves on doing good work at fair prices and it is dissapointing to see our first negative review I would like the oppurtunity to help the customer again if possible maybe we will do better next time..Thanks

GG
Gordon G.
11/15/2017 Category: Service
Gordon said that the vehicle runs worse than it did. He will not be returning.

Jay P.
02/11/2017 Category: Service
Jay said he felt like this business overcharged him. They charged him $550 to change his battery. He knew the part was bad and when he asked them to change it they charged him $108 for a diagnostic. He was glad that he got his vehicle running right, but he said he felt like the bad battery did not justify the amount he was charged.
Chris F. from Westside Automotive Inc responded on 02/15/2017

Mr Pettys car was towed in as a NO Start, referred by another technician.  The customer was advised that the diagnostic charge would be $99.95  The complaint was that the door locks and windows were operating mindlessly and the fuel pump was running continuosly.  11 individual codes were stored in the ECM & PCM.... THE BATTERY WAS SHORTED AND WOULD NOT ACCEPT A CHARGE.  We called and got an approval for $192.49 to replace the battery.  After installing the battery the car started and ran....low fuel lite was on and gauge was on EMPTY.  Added $15 in fuel and determined that the in tank sending unit was bad.  Customer declined this repair.  After the customer was advised that the car was ready he asked if we could check an intermittent problem with the shift interlock...this was determined to be a defective brake light switch(which was staying on all the time) he was given the cost of the brake light switch and labor and this was also approved.  Mr. Petty was in the loop and advised of any and all cot of diagnostic procedures and repairs and given the option to proceed or decline.  We are disappointed that he was not satisified with our timely and accurate repair.

Sam B.
Chevrolet Silverado
11/04/2016 Category: Service
Sam said his experience was fine. He ordered some parts and he is waiting for them to come in. This was his first time with the business but he's heard good things about them.

ED
Ernest D.
Buick LeSabre
11/02/2016 Category: Service
Ernest said he went to this business for an engine diagnostic. He is still having the same problem as before and they told him nothing was wrong but his vehicle cuts off. He would recommend this business but not for a diagnostic.

LR
Lewis R.
Acura TSX
02/04/2015 Category: Service
Lewis said he received the wrong part, one he did not need. His vehicle was brought back to this business because it shut down and he was told it was because of the battery. His vehicle is working fine now. He would not recommend them over the issues already mentioned and he still has not received his money back over a part he ordered.
Chris F. from Westside Automotive Inc responded on 02/06/2015

Mr. Lewis brought his car in for a headlamp. He ordered his own parts. We did not charge him for any parts. We held his car for three weeks while he ordered his own parts on the internet to save money. We did not charge him storage. He brought his part in. We installed it. The headlamp worked and when we tried to start the car the battery was dead. He refused to buy one and had his car towed. All we did was install his headlamp part.