Overall Rating 4.34/5Overall Rating 4.34/5Overall Rating 4.34/5Overall Rating 4.34/5rating 4.34

Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5rating 4.3333333
Overall Rating 2.16667/5Overall Rating 2.16667/5rating 2.16667rating 2.16667rating 2.16667

Universal City, TX
2012 Hyundai Elantra
10/22/2015 Category: Service
Service dept
Poorest customer service. Not a single update from service dept during 2+ hr wait for oil change. I finally called from the waiting room to find out, she said "soon". About 15 min later, she called me....in the waiting room. She couldnt walk over and get me. She also did not go over any of the paperwork. Just took my card and ran it.
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 10/23/2015

Thank you for responding to our survey.  We apologize for the poor service you received and will make every effort to improve as we move forward to enhance the customer experience while waiting for service repairs.

STEPHEN S.
10/08/2015 Category: Service
Great communication. Efficient service.
The service advisors keep me informed about my Hyundai. The period of time for the service was the right amount of time.
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 10/12/2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to the survey and your positive remarks.  We appreciate your patronage and look forward to continue to serve your transportation needs.

Best regards,

AP
AUGUSTO P.
09/10/2015 Category: Service
convenience
Good and fast service !
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 09/11/2015

Thank you for responding to the survey and your comments.  Please let me know if we could have done something better to earn a 5 star response.  Thank you again and we appreciate your business at World Car Hyundai North.

JARRELL B.
08/08/2015 Category: Service
The acess and the employers.
The employers are friendly and very helpful. The waiting areas are very clean.

08/01/2015 Category: Service
Speedy and Friendly
I actually showed up without an appointment and they didn't hesitate to take me in and had the oil change done within about 45 minutes or so. Would recommend - 5 stars!
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 09/11/2015

Thank you for your survey response and we appreciate your comments.  We appreciate your patronage and look forward to continue to serve your transportation needs.

MICHAEL P.
Converse, TX
2014 Hyundai Tucson
07/21/2015 Category: Service
World car hyundai
We have a 2014 Hyundai tucson that within the first 6 months developed creaking noises around the front driver side shock and the rear passenger side shock. Front noise was identified and corrected but after 4 visits the dealer can't figure out what's causing the creaking in the rear. Decided to take it to a body shop where they probably know more about body integrity issues.

CT
Christopher T.
07/09/2015 Category: Service
Please take my advice. Stay away from this dealership! At least the service/repair department.
I bought my first new car here back in 2005. The sales department was great. Even now the sales department has helped me more and was more courteous, kind and professional then the service/repair department.

I don't have any complaints about the work that was done to my vehicle. Without getting into details on what was said (this information was discussed in my letter to the ownership of the dealership), some of the complaints I had was with the poor attitude, disrespectful comments and unprofessionalism of Windy (the lady who at the service desk there) and her boss on multiple occasions of dealing with him/her, as well as the actual cost for individual services of this particular dealership in comparison to other Hyundai dealerships and other name brand places such as Midas, Brake Check, Car X etc.. I was treated so poorly and these things were so bad that I actually wrote a letter to the head owner there at World Car Hyundai North in regards to these things. It has been a few months (a reasonable amount of time to hear back from him/them) yet still nothing. I can say for a certainty, that by far, this service department at World Car Hyundai North is the worst out of all the multiple places I have dealt with over the years.

Every single time I have went in there, Wendy appears to be having a bad day. She is very rude and very short. After reading other reviews from others on various other sites about this dealership, my experience with her and this service department is not unique. I always had warranty work done there (this is where I bought my vehicle). I wouldn't pay to deal with these two nor pay this dealerships non competitive prices if paying out of pocket.

Without getting into details, Wendy and her supervisor have often been unprofessional, rude and at times, outright dishonest (saying things are not covered when they ultimately are). One of the big problems with Wendy and her supervisor, which cannot be expressed or shown in this review, is their very poor tone, comments, attitude and their attempts to get out of performing warranty work (this particular dealership offers a lifetime powertrain warranty). They had multiple times tried to get out of doing warranty work, even though I called the main Hyundai headquarters and made sure it was approved repairs (power train and internal engine issues) under the 100,000 Hyundai warranty. It was like pulling teeth. I have had warranty work done at this dealership as well as at Red McCombs Superior Hyundai over the years and there could not be a more of a night and day difference between the quality of service, attitude, price and treatment between the two dealerships. I also have multiple encounters with getting multiple other services done at other places such as Pep Boys, Brake Check, Midas, Jiffy Lube CarX and even Walmart.

To make matters for poor, disrespectful service worse, here are examples of their uncompetitive/exorbitant prices for individual services. I made a spreadsheet at the time to compare/shop around for services not under warranty.

Jan 2015 - 4 Shocks and Struts installed (in this instance - labor only price)
Midas - $220
Pep Boys - $240
Car X - $250
Red McCombs Superior Hyundai - $274
Brake Check - $290
World Car Hyundai North - $308
Bring your own parts - 468.46
World Car Hyundai North - Will not do if you buy your own new parts even though almost all other places (including other dealerships) do

Apr 2015 - Outer Tie Rod

Brake Check - $300
Pep Boys - $370.90
Car X - $380
World Car Hyundai North - $525

Call this dealership and then shop around to see what I am saying as true for yourself!

When I wrote the letter to the head of World Car Hyundai North I also included these spreadsheets and prices. Still no answer from anyone from there. No call back. No letter back. No email. No nothing.

Again, please take my advice. Stay away from this dealership! At least the service/repair department. The only reason I gave this dealership two stars, is because they did do the work correctly, and the sales department was good to deal with.
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 07/10/2015

Let me first of all allow me to apologize for the apparent treatment received from my Service Writer, Wendy Wright. Even if things don’t go as planned I expect a high level of professionalism when dealing with our customers. I would also like to apologize for not responding to a letter that you mentioned was sent to me. I would like to say I have no knowledge of that communication and if for some reason it was not forwarded to me that would also be inexcusable. However with that in mind I would like to address some of the specific issues you mentioned in this complaint.

You mention that every single time you have come here Wendy appears to be having a bad day, and continue to elude that you have been here numerous times for warranty work and repairs that you had felt should have been covered under warranty. You may know that we keep a complete record of each vehicle that comes into the shop, whether we complete the work or not. Your vehicle is a 2005 Hyundai Elantra. That vehicle has been in our shop 2 times since your purchase on April 6, 2005. The first time was November 6, 2014 and at that time the vehicle had 111,673 miles. The repair done was to replace your spark plug seals and value cover gaskets. The total cost of Labor was $60.00, and the total cost of parts was $55.65. This charge was covered by our 125,000 power train warranty. You had no out of pocket expense. The second time the vehicle was in was April 1, 2015. The work shown on the ticket was that the axles needed to be replaced. This was performed for you at a cost of $180.00 Labor and $210.00 parts. The charge was once again taken care of by our 125,000 power train warranty at no cost to you.

This 125,000 mile power train coverage was given to you at no cost when you purchased your vehicle. It basically has one requirement placed on the consumer. You must maintain your vehicle according to factory recommendations and must provide proof of that maintenance when you want to file a claim. Since you have never performed any maintenance on your vehicle at our shop, we have no record of it. Since we have no record of it our Service Writer would be required to ask for it and with out those records we would deny your claim. It appears that Wendy got that waived for you, since all repairs were covered.

That leaves me very confused about your remarks. You purchased your vehicle in 2005, over 10 years ago; you have not spent a penny on service at this dealership. We give you over $500 worth of repairs, (I think it is important to note that Hyundai did not pay for these repairs, as they were not covered, as your vehicle was over the 100,000 mile limitation) that we should not have done and you are furious. Please help me to understand why.

Jim Willis

07/03/2015 Category: Service
Adequate
Everage
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 07/06/2015

Thank you for your response.  We appreciate your time and at your convenience please call me at 210-599-5959 (Ext 4151) or email hilton.rabb@worldcar.com with more details in regards to your experience while having your car serviced.  We would like to improve the adequate to excellent.  Thanks again for your response and look forward to hearing from you.

DONALD B.
2013 Hyundai Genesis
06/18/2015 Category: Service
They were on time and thorough!
They were on time and thorough!
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 07/06/2015

Thank you for your review.  We appreciate your patronage and remarks in regards to your recent service visit at World Car Hyundai North.

Your comments are appreciated and we look forward to continue to offer you excellent service.

THOMAS S.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
06/05/2015 Category: Service
Service, friendly staff.
World Car was recently renovated, and I enjoyed the refreshments as well as the tv and wifi.
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/05/2015

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the review and your positive remarks in regards to the renovation.  We appreciate your patronage and look forward to continue to serve your transportation needs.  Should you have any family, friends or associates in the market for a new Hyundai please send them to see us here at World Car Hyundai North during our June Sales Event.

BW
BARBARA W.
06/05/2015 Category: Service
Service department
I took my vehicle in for a 15000 mile service and they only changed my oil. the service agent said I only ask for an oil change
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/05/2015

Thank you for your time to respond to the survey.  We apologize for our failure to complete your service visit.  Your response is a good lesson for our team to learn from and improve our communications with you and other customers.  I will be contacting you in regards to other service items your car may need.

ES
ELIZABETH S.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/29/2015 Category: Service
Customer service is coming back America
I have had nothing but a great experience from Hilton,in finance.the salesman Chris goes out of his was and smiles even when he doesn't have too. The service department Wendy looks out for you the owner not just a corporate earnings per customer experience at World Car Hyundai, Nader has a great team.
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/05/2015

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey.  We thank you for your patronage and look forward to continue to serve your transportation needs.

We appreciate all your kind comments and we will continue to focus and commit to building a great team at World Car Hyundai North.

AW
ANITA W.
Schertz, TX
05/27/2015 Category: Service
Customer Service Friendly.
I just love taking my car to World Car Hyundai. I don't have to wait extremely too long for my vehicle and the employees are so personable. I would love to purchase another vehicle from this dealer. Bless you all!!!
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 05/28/2015

Thank you for taking the time to respond and your positive comments.  We certainly appreciate your patronage and we look forward to continue to serve your transportation needs both in service and sales.

GM
GREGORIO M.
05/23/2015 Category: Service
friendly
do not change anything !
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 05/25/2015

Thank you for your response and comments in regards to your service visit.  We appreciate your patronage and look forward to continue to serve your transportation needs.

JOE B.
Austin, TX
05/23/2015 Category: Service
Fast Courteous Service
In and out quickly with service performed as expected.
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 05/25/2015

Thank you for responding to the survey and your comments.  We look forward to continue to serve your service needs at World Car Hyundai North.

05/16/2015 Category: Service
friendly,didnt steal my $ here like the one at the indian, fast!!
Stay away from doing any service at Hyundai indian ...go to.hyundai north...little more.pricier but better treatment and they don't go.thru your stuff in your car and steal!!! Excellent customer service..nice and friendly.
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 05/18/2015

Thank you for your response and comments.  We appreciate your patronage and look forward to continue to serve your transportation needs at World Car Hyundai North.

Thanks again,

NV
NICHOLAS V.
2014 Hyundai Veloster
05/15/2015 Category: Service
not There is no compassion for your customers.
"No happy"
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 05/18/2015

Thank you for your response and we apologize for the unacceptable service visit you received.  We failed to meet your expectations and did not delivery the service that we expect from ourselves.  I have left a message on your phone to please call me and discuss in more detail about your experience and hopefully we will learn more to make corrections and make sure your next visit is excellent.

2009 Hyundai Accent
05/03/2015 Category: Service
Hope it's fixed
Took my Accent here numerous times under warranty and after warranty because occasionally the gas guage needle would not move from E. The sending unit was replaced. The problem continued. Finally it was decided that the cluster needed to be replaced. Hope it's fixed.
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/05/2015

Thank you for taking the time to respond in regards to your service visit.  We apologize for not finding a solution to your problem sooner.  Please call me or email should you still be experiencing a problem with the gas gauge.

We appreciate your patronage and look forward to assist you with your transportation needs.

Best Regards

04/28/2015 Category: Service
Bad customer service
No follow up skills
Hilton R. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/05/2015

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the review and we apologize for your disappointing visit.  Follow up is essential to having excellent service and we are committed to improve and that your next visit will be more acceptable and with the necessary follow up.

IM
IONUT M.
04/22/2015 Category: Service
Worse experience ever
I bought a brand new Hyundai Sonata 2015 on February 28,2015 from World Car Hyundai Nort, San Antonio, TX. On March 31, 2015 the car broke in the middle of the road, engine has overheated.So I called the towing company and transport the car to the dealer for diagnose. The following day I called them to ask about the car and they told me ''we need to replace the entire engine in order to fix it''.Dealer will fix it under warranty but that is not acceptable for me, for a car that was on the road literally 1 month and has only 1000 miles. This option may make the car drivable but still impairs the value of the vehicle.I opened a case with Hyundai and BBB Auto Line, but Hyundai said no for replacement of the car or repurchase they want to replace the engine.I refuse to have a "used car" how dealer put it, with a replaced engine that most likely will be remanufactured new engine even if they sustain is going to be new out of the fatory.I know they can say whatever to me just to get me out of their back.If I want that I will buy a used cheap car, buy a new engine and I will have a used car with a new engine way cheaper, without a high monthly payment for the next 7 years. Car value right now , dropped about 30% with a replaced engine it will drop even more around 50% or lower depends on mileage down the road. So I am paying for a new car with a major repair and who knows what are problems this car has. This car is a lemon but dealer or manufactured trying to get away with it and make the customer supporting all this. I am making monthly payments for a car that is not operational, and dealer told me the problem is out of their hands. What they are doing now, they are trying to trade the broke car for the curent market value, and make me buy another one. They don't want to refund me or give me another functional new car out of the parking lot. On April 6 I went back to the dealer to ask for a phone number to call Hyundai regional office they told they don't have it, in the same day I asked them for a copy of the service worksheet to see exactly what they did to diagnose the car, they refused to do so. I had to go around them to someone else to ask for a copy of that paper, really? So much for customer care, they just don't care. Pretty much they took the money and now they are washing they hands trying to fix a lemon car. I had to get the phone number for regional office from the internet myself and get in touch with them. On April 9 Hyundai regional office called me with some options and I was willing to consider two of them, but I had to talk with the dealer for one of them. So I went to the dealer and find out that they fixed my car without my approval or signature, they also broke the car hood, they bent it and bent and scrat a portion of the car body. They also already ordered the hood and everything else to fix the car, again without me approving anything or them calling me and let me know what is happening with my car. Dealership manager said verbally they will keep the car there and they will work with Hyundai to give me a new one, hard to believe. After two weeks we are more in whole with my brand new car and no good resolution for me the client.