Overall Rating 4.34/5Overall Rating 4.34/5Overall Rating 4.34/5Overall Rating 4.34/5rating 4.34

Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5Overall Rating 4.3333333/5rating 4.3333333
Overall Rating 2.16667/5Overall Rating 2.16667/5rating 2.16667rating 2.16667rating 2.16667

07/03/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
I have dealt with them for years, but the last few times I have taken my car in for service, I have been very disappointed. Customer service is terrible.
JAMES R M. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 07/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback on your recent service visit. Unfortunately, our resources are limited when it comes to rental vehicles. I would be more than happy to offer one to each of our guests, but it is just not realistic.

At this time, the majority of our 'in house rentals' are being allocated for guests whose vehicles have suffered catastrophic failures, such as an engine replacement. Many of these people are without vehicles for weeks at a time, which typically leads to a waiting list for these vehicles. I am confident you will find this at any other Hyundai dealer in town due to the abundance of engine replacements nationwide.

In terms of customer service, I am very surprised to hear this about Jacob, your advisor. He goes above and beyond to ensure his guests are well cared for. This review, and others, are posted on-line for all to see. If you look at his short history with us you can see that over 95% are positive and specifically mention him by name. I will speak with him directly about this matter to identify what he could have done differently or better.

We take these reviews very seriously as we do with the satisfaction of our guests. Although we do not always hit a home run, I am confident we offer high level service the majority of the time. We're sorry this was not reflected during your visit, but it is certainly not the way we do business as other review will reflect.

We appreciate your honest assessment and the time you spent providing it. If you decide to give us another opportunity in the future I believe you will notice a significant difference overall. Thank you.

Bulverde, TX
2019 Hyundai Kona
06/27/2019 Category: Service
oil change
Dropped the car off and it took two hours for an oil change when they had no other cars
JAMES R M. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/27/2019

Thank you for providing this feedback. I am very disappointed to hear you are not happy with the service. There are a lot of questions I would like to ask to determine how to take corrective action. I left you a voice mail and would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further to make necessary changes. Would you be so kind to help me with this? Thank you for your time.

Myra P.
06/04/2019 Category: Service
Too expensive
I paid $840 for a complete brake job on the rear wheels only. I drove in just after 8 am without an appointment, and it took 7 1/2 hours.
JAMES R M. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/04/2019

Thank for you for taking the time to submit this feedback. I apologize you were not completely satisfied with the service received. A portion of your repair included a complete brake fluid exchange, which changes out the fluid in the entire system; both front and rear.

With respect to the cost, we will never be as cheap as an independent facility and there are a couple reasons for that. For the record, I actually ran an independent shop for 5 years in Omaha, NE and am very familiar with both sides of the coin.

First, we only use Hyundai Original Equipment parts and these typically cost more than items from Napa or O'Reilly for example. We have the option of using aftermarket parts as well, but we usually try to avoid it to prevent any long-term problems from arising. Furthermore, all of our technicians are factory trained from Hyundai. We continuously send them to Dallas for ongoing training so they remain up to date on the latest Hyundai certifications. They work exclusively on this brand of vehicle so you can be confident in knowing they are experts for your particular vehicle. In an independent shop you may have someone who has not worked on a Hyundai for 2 weeks.

Having said that, I do believe the wait time was excessive and am looking into that further to identify how we could have done better. We truly value your input and hope to continue earning your business. I've asked your Service Advisor Jacob to reach out directly to discuss this further so please be expecting a call from him. Thank you for your time.

05/27/2019 Category: Service
No communication
I had to call repeatedly on the condition of my car
JAMES R M. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/01/2019

Thank you for providing this information. It is very unfortunate to know my team let you down. Being efficient with our communication is a critical component to our success and I am sorry we failed you. I would like an opportunity to discuss this further if you would like. Please feel free to reach out at your convenience. I will address this concern with your service advisor, Dana, and make him aware of what changes need to be made to ensure you leave completely satisfied in the future. Please know that you deserve better service and that we are capable of doing better for you.

05/21/2019 Category: Service
Great management
The manager was very helpful and provided great customer service.

05/21/2019 Category: Service
Reps need work.
I feel like the rep could have been more knowledgeable of information and have better communication skills.
JAMES R M. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 05/22/2019

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent service visit. I am sorry you were not happy with the service visit. Being former Navy myself I can certainly appreciate businesses that honor our service members and personally want to thank you for your sacrifice to our country.

Having said that, I have no excuse to offer at this time. It is completely my fault and that is where the blame should be placed. My team depends on me to lead them. Ensuring our new hires are properly trained is one of the primary responsibilities for this role. I am sorry to have failed you.

All I can do is apologize and ask for an opportunity to make it right. Would you be willing to give me this chance? Please call me directly, at your convenience, or send an email to resolve this. We've already notated your account to prevent this from happening again. Thank you for your time.

james.mcardle@worldcar.com

James A.
02/27/2019 Category: Service
x
x
JAMES R M. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 02/27/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent service visit. I am very disappointed to hear we let you down. Our goal is to build long-term relationships with our guests and it seems we did not live up to our part in this instance.

We highly value your business and want to regain your trust. Please give me an opportunity to discuss this with you further. My contact information and working hours are listed below. Thank you for your time.

210-579-0159 office
james.mcardle@worldcar.com

01/17/2019 Category: Service
AVOID
The overall rating of over 4 stars that shows up on this website of World Car Hyundai North is an absolute JOKE. From unprofessional and incompetent staff, to absolutely ridiculous waiting times for straightforward services, to disgusting customer lounges, this place has it all. I recently went in for an oil change and waited for over an hour and came back to oil smeared on my dash, a gas smell in my car and my drivers seat completely rearranged. How does this make sense when you are literally driving the car 5 feet away into the garage? So unprofessional and aggravating.

This place does NOT value you as a customer and any customer service And friendliness that is offered by staff ends when they find out you aren’t giving away your money. Please compare other places for their rates before paying any dollar amount here because this place is notorious for ripping customers off. In all honesty, when you buy a car, you’re also buying an experience at the dealership for however long you continue to get your car serviced there. World Car Hyundai has proven time and time again that they don’t care about us as customers and it shows.
JAMES R M. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 01/18/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. Although I disagree with certain aspects of this assessment, I both appreciate and respect your right to voice such an opinion.

Your advisor should have followed-up with you on this visit within 48 hours to ensure your satisfaction was met; it appears we failed to do so. For that I am truly sorry. Being the new Service Manager I find this totally unacceptable.

To say that our rating is a joke is a little inaccurate, but I do understand your direct frustration. We certainly have room for improvement in several areas, but overall we have many customers who are happy to continue doing business with us.

I completely agree that our guest lounge is severely lacking in amenities. This is one area that needs immediate improvement. It is my goal to ensure this becomes a primary focus for our facility moving forward.

With respect to having an oil change completed in 20 minutes, this time frame is a little unrealistic. In my professional opinion and experience, it is impossible to perform a comprehensive multi-point inspection and complete an oil change in 20 minutes. A fully comprehensive inspection takes at least 10-15 minutes alone. I believe a more realistic time frame would be 35 minutes, under perfect conditions.

Please keep in mind we are not Jiffy Lube. Our goal is to provide this service in less than 1 hour, but there are often uncontrolled variables that impact this, such as an unexpected influx of walk-in customers (which are processed on a first come, first served basis).

We highly value all of our guests and hope to exceeds their expectations with every visit. Although we do not hit a home run all the time, we certainly desire for this to be the case. There will always be a chance for human error and it is my mission to reduce such instances to the best of our ability.

Your comment about this place being notorious for "ripping people off" seems rather unfounded. Your last visit was in June of 2017 and much has changed during this time. In my 6 weeks as the Service Manager we have made improvements that can be witnessed with recent reviews. Furthermore, many changes currently being made cannot be seen overnight and take time to come to fruition.

I would be more than happy to discuss this situation at length in an attempt to regain your trust and future business. Taking accountability for mistakes or shortcomings is absolutely vital to our long-term success; as is being transparent in general. We do not want to lose any of our guests for any reason whatsoever. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to explore this option.

Again, thank you for providing an honest assessment of your experience. I sincerely apologize that you are dissatisfied with our service. We will continue doing our best to make improvements and hope you choose to work with us again in the future. Thank you for your time.

P.S. If you want to bring your vehicle in to have any oil cleaned off from your dash we would be happy to correct this.

01/07/2019 Category: Service
basic oil change and they did it wrong, overfilled
JAMES R M. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 01/07/2019

Thank you for offering an honest assessment of your recent service visit. I completely agree that over filling the oil is unacceptable and no one should attempt to justify this as such. Having said that, mistakes do happen from time to time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and will use this as an opportunity for additional training. Again, thank you for taking the time to evaluate your experience. Please feel free to reach out if you want to discuss this further.

VR
Valerie R.
12/27/2018 Category: Service
So so service
Had problems before after purchase and MAJOR screw up with my plates, and now service is very avg to below avg
JAMES R M. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 12/28/2018

I am very disappointed to hear this about your recent visit. Please reach out to me directly so we can discuss this further and correct the problem; I left you a voicemail earlier today and do not want to bother if you are unavailable. Your satisfaction is absolutely vital to our success. Thank you for the honest assessment. We are sorry to let you down and hope to redeem ourselves. You deserve 5 star service and we are capable of providing it.

08/28/2018 Category: Service
No energy
No energy
Phillip R., MANGER (SERVICE) from World Car Hyundai North responded on 08/28/2018

We appreciate the feedback, I'm working with my staff to improve our clients experience. Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey.

Phillip Rosales
Phillip.rosales@worldcar.com

08/07/2018 Category: Service
Needs Improvement with Service Advisors
Since being a Hyundai owner and bringing our vehicle to the service center, we have received subpar service. When walking over he Nissan side, they cater and provide a good treatment. I understand tasks can be redundant, but the least service someone can provide is simple respect. I do think customer service is all about red carpet treatment, but I do believe servicing. I would recommend this business on the sales side, but servicing could use additional training as well as give the advisors incentive drives.

SG
Santos G.
Spring Branch, TX
07/27/2018 Category: Service
Great Vehicle. Questionable Service
I love my new Hyundai Tucson. It's a great crossover SUV. Exceptional quality and a good price. However, the service department at the dealership could use some improvement

07/17/2018 Category: Service

Seguin, TX
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/19/2018 Category: Service
?
You need to educate on professionalism. Sometimes your lunch is going to be late.
Jeffrey V., Hyundai North Service Manager from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/22/2018

We appreciate your feedback and the concern that you brought to our attention has been addressed. My sincere apologies for your experience.

Jeffrey Varoff
Hyundai North Service Manager
(210) 599 - 5959

Sergio C.
2018 Hyundai Kona
06/11/2018 Category: Service
Crowded Dealership Needs Work in Maintenance Dept
I would only recommend this place to purchase vehicle due to one salesman Bill Stratton. Ive bought 3 cars from him and he always keeps in touch regardless if Im in the market for new vehicle or not. He also does what he cans to make a deal happen otherwise dealer is very small and congested as fair as parking is concerned. If it wasn't for my free oil changes for 2 yrs I would be performing service myself as I have done this to all my cars.

01/10/2018 Category: Service
Good thing it was free
Free oil changes & maintenance are great selling features when shopping for vehicle but I will gladly pay for great customer service elsewhere when warranty is over
Kelly O. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 01/11/2018

I'm disappointed to hear your comments about your resent service visit! That is not the type of service we want to give.
  I will work on these areas to insure this does not happen again.
  If you have any questions please let me know.

Kelly Odom
World Car Hyundai
210-599-5959

TL
Thomas L.
2012 Hyundai Genesis
01/06/2018 Category: Service
Nice waiting area and hot coffee
Very disappointed and see prior comments.
Jack D., General Manager from World Car Hyundai North responded on 01/06/2018

Dear Mr. Loftus;

I am most disappointed to hear of your recent service experience.  In that regard, I am requesting our Service Director, Mr. Kelly Odom to further research and reach out to you.  Please expect his contact accordingly.

Thank you for your feedback!

Michael L.
01/04/2018 Category: Service
Lack of good communication and no follow up procedures in place.
No comment
Jack D., General Manager from World Car Hyundai North responded on 01/04/2018

Dear Mr. Ludwig;

Thank you for your feedback.  In that regard, I wish to sincerely apologize for your recent service experience.  I am requesting our Service Director, Mr. Kelly Odom to reach out to you and address your concerns.  I am particularly concerned with your comments of the staff being discourteous.  I take this most seriously.  I promise this will be addressed with expedition.  We have made many improvements in our service department recently and I pledge we will continue to improve!

AC
Angela C.
Bradenton, FL
11/21/2017 Category: Service
Lack of
Speaks for itself. Was not impressed and won’t be back
Jack D., General Manager from World Car Hyundai North responded on 11/21/2017

Good Evening Ms. Crews;

I am sorry to hear we failed to provide the best of service and wish to apologize on behalf of the service team at World Car Hyundai.  I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the details with you.  In that regard, I have included my personal cell phone below.  Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Thank you for your feedback!

C-727-639-0489

Joe L.
2010 Hyundai Genesis
11/18/2017 Category: Service
Response to Review of My Comments
Just because that's the "industry standards" doesn't make it right. After all, who writes the standards???
Jack D., General Manager from World Car Hyundai North responded on 11/20/2017

Good morning Mr. Leeper;

Thank you for your valued patronage and your feedback.  I researched your repair and subsequent charges.  All repairs are designated a labor code that is quantified by certified repair manuals used in the industry.  The door handle repair on your Genesis was coded properly and charged accordingly.  Technicians are able to become proficient in certain repairs allowing them to perform the repairs in less than the allotted time.  This is indeed what happened in your case.  Our labor rates and times are most competitive.  In that regard, it is a very monitored system and pricing is fixed to the operational code.

I agree the charge seems to be expensive but you will find the diagnostic charges, minimum charge, labor rates, operation times and processes at World Car are within the market guidelines.

I would like to offer a complimentary lubrication, oil change and filter change on your next visit.  This is due to the advisor not properly explaining the charges you incurred and hopefully demonstrates our sincere earnest to ensure you are a completely satisfied customer.  Just use this response for documentation to have this service completed at no-charge at World Car Hyundai North.

Thank you again.