4.4

Schertz, TX
2019 Hyundai Tucson
08/01/2020 Category: Service
Why schedule an appointment
Called to schedule an appointment. Arrived for the appointment and was informed that the appointment was for the service manager not to have the car services. When I called to schedule the appointment I told them it was for an oil change. Was told that it would be 3 hours to get the oil changed.
RON M. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 08/01/2020

we apologize for the confusion and misscomunication we do strive to get all oil changes out in less than hour and will work on acchiving that goal.

Cibolo, TX
03/26/2020 Category: Service
Employees act like they do DO NOT need costumers
Me da flojera
ANTHONY D. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 03/27/2020

Thank you for your recent review. We shoot for a 5 Star visit for every customer everytime. it sounds like we missed our mark during your last service visit and i would like to opportunity to talk with you about it. Please reach out to me at 210-599-5959 to discuss.

GC
German C.
02/13/2020 Category: Service
Terrible organization
Service department needs to make sure right parts are ready before they beginning any work.
Richard B. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 02/15/2020

Thank you for taking the time to take the survey.
I'm sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the service you received.
I understand your concerns regarding the correct part situation yet with a radio
we ordered the radio based on your vehicle Identification number and we recieved one which was incorrect.  Hyundai then instructed us to pull the part number from your radio to assure the correct ones arrival.
I deeply apologize to have let you down as we value you as our customer and our guest.
We are constantly striving to improve and we do.  We develop process and train our people to get better at these processes.
My cell is 561.542.8667 and look forward to our discussion.
As always, we are thankful to have you as our World Car Hyundai guest.

2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
01/21/2020 Category: Service
Left lot with an open hood
Couldn’t take the time to ensure that the hood was properly closed. Didn’t notice till I got home. Would have been a disaster if the hood would’ve come off the hinge.
Jay S. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 01/22/2020

Good Morning,

My name is Richard Barrett  I am the Operations Director for the World Car Organization.

I wanted to thank you for your review, as these reveal opportunities for improvement.

I would love to discuss your visit with you and discuss how we may retain you as our guest for the future as your business is extremely important to myself and World Hyundai.

My cell number is 561.542.8667 and I will look forward to our conversation.

I thank you in advance for your consideration

Richard Barrett

Rudy H.
2015 Hyundai Accent
09/24/2019 Category: Service
My Accent
Although it was an inconvience waiting on parts that were way overdue, my vehicle was repaired in a timely manner when parts arrived.I was hoping for a loaner in the mean time but oh well.I did appreciate the shuttle.
Richard B. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 09/26/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and take the survey.
I do understand your thoughts regarding the delivery of parts yet this is an automated system mandated and controlled by Hyundai USA
We are transparent in our attempts to provide accurate estimates as to when our guests’ vehicle might be completed yet when the part is scheduled to arrive and does not arrive we deeply apologize yet it is a system out of our control.
Jacob consistently strives to be a 5 star Service Advisor
We are constantly striving to improve... and we do.  We develop process and train our people to get better at these processes.
This being said I will accept total responsibility for your part arriving later than anticipated and deeply apologize again.  My cell is 561.542.8667 please feel free to phone, at your convenience for our discussion.
We thank you for being a World Car guest and look forward to your next visit.

La Vernia, TX
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid
09/02/2019 Category: Service
Poor service
They take forever. And won't let you schedule oil or tire rotation. Don't expect them to vacume or wash the vehicle. Make sure to check your tire pressure because they don't.
Richard B. from World Car Hyundai North responded on 09/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
I'm sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the service you received.
We do not have an express service hence we take in our guests’ vehicles on a first come first served basis.
We are transparent in our attempts to provide accurate estimates as to when our guests’ vehicle might be completed.
This being said I will accept total responsibility for your extended wait and the other issues and would love to discuss how we can make this right.
My cell is 561.542.8667 and look forward to our discussion.

EM
Eric M.
2019 Hyundai Elantra
08/12/2019 Category: Service
Oil service
Service guy was friendly and helpful. The car dealers system sucks.

08/12/2019 Category: Service
First oil change
Poor planning and quality assurance. In for oil change and car back after 3.5 hours still saying it needs oil change. Got papers that said they did it. Sure hope it was done.
James M., Service Director from World Car Hyundai North responded on 08/13/2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. Unfortunately, we are not currently scheduling oil change appointments. There has been a number of individuals using incorrect operation codes such as 'diagnosis' and 'tell us more' in order to schedule oil changes due to no oil change operation being available. I added notes on those items stating 'not for routine maintenance to reduce such behavior, but it appears I need to find a better long-term solution.

With respect to the appointment review, this is a very reasonable request. I completely agree that we should have called you prior to your visit to discuss all of that directly. This is something I will be exploring further to alleviate such instances in the future. Thank you for the suggestion.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide this information. We value your opinion and will look to make improvements. Thank you for choosing World Car Hyundai!

07/03/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed
I have dealt with them for years, but the last few times I have taken my car in for service, I have been very disappointed. Customer service is terrible.
James M., Service Director from World Car Hyundai North responded on 07/03/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback on your recent service visit. Unfortunately, our resources are limited when it comes to rental vehicles. I would be more than happy to offer one to each of our guests, but it is just not realistic.

At this time, the majority of our 'in house rentals' are being allocated for guests whose vehicles have suffered catastrophic failures, such as an engine replacement. Many of these people are without vehicles for weeks at a time, which typically leads to a waiting list for these vehicles. I am confident you will find this at any other Hyundai dealer in town due to the abundance of engine replacements nationwide.

In terms of customer service, I am very surprised to hear this about Jacob, your advisor. He goes above and beyond to ensure his guests are well cared for. This review, and others, are posted on-line for all to see. If you look at his short history with us you can see that over 95% are positive and specifically mention him by name. I will speak with him directly about this matter to identify what he could have done differently or better.

We take these reviews very seriously as we do with the satisfaction of our guests. Although we do not always hit a home run, I am confident we offer high level service the majority of the time. We're sorry this was not reflected during your visit, but it is certainly not the way we do business as other review will reflect.

We appreciate your honest assessment and the time you spent providing it. If you decide to give us another opportunity in the future I believe you will notice a significant difference overall. Thank you.

Bulverde, TX
2019 Hyundai Kona
06/27/2019 Category: Service
oil change
Dropped the car off and it took two hours for an oil change when they had no other cars
James M., Service Director from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/27/2019

Thank you for providing this feedback. I am very disappointed to hear you are not happy with the service. There are a lot of questions I would like to ask to determine how to take corrective action. I left you a voice mail and would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further to make necessary changes. Would you be so kind to help me with this? Thank you for your time.

Myra P.
06/04/2019 Category: Service
Too expensive
I paid $840 for a complete brake job on the rear wheels only. I drove in just after 8 am without an appointment, and it took 7 1/2 hours.
James M., Service Director from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/04/2019

Thank for you for taking the time to submit this feedback. I apologize you were not completely satisfied with the service received. A portion of your repair included a complete brake fluid exchange, which changes out the fluid in the entire system; both front and rear.

With respect to the cost, we will never be as cheap as an independent facility and there are a couple reasons for that. For the record, I actually ran an independent shop for 5 years in Omaha, NE and am very familiar with both sides of the coin.

First, we only use Hyundai Original Equipment parts and these typically cost more than items from Napa or O'Reilly for example. We have the option of using aftermarket parts as well, but we usually try to avoid it to prevent any long-term problems from arising. Furthermore, all of our technicians are factory trained from Hyundai. We continuously send them to Dallas for ongoing training so they remain up to date on the latest Hyundai certifications. They work exclusively on this brand of vehicle so you can be confident in knowing they are experts for your particular vehicle. In an independent shop you may have someone who has not worked on a Hyundai for 2 weeks.

Having said that, I do believe the wait time was excessive and am looking into that further to identify how we could have done better. We truly value your input and hope to continue earning your business. I've asked your Service Advisor Jacob to reach out directly to discuss this further so please be expecting a call from him. Thank you for your time.

2015 Hyundai Elantra
05/27/2019 Category: Service
No communication
I had to call repeatedly on the condition of my car
James M., Service Director from World Car Hyundai North responded on 06/01/2019

Thank you for providing this information. It is very unfortunate to know my team let you down. Being efficient with our communication is a critical component to our success and I am sorry we failed you. I would like an opportunity to discuss this further if you would like. Please feel free to reach out at your convenience. I will address this concern with your service advisor, Dana, and make him aware of what changes need to be made to ensure you leave completely satisfied in the future. Please know that you deserve better service and that we are capable of doing better for you.

05/21/2019 Category: Service
Great management
The manager was very helpful and provided great customer service.

05/21/2019 Category: Service
Reps need work.
I feel like the rep could have been more knowledgeable of information and have better communication skills.
James M., Service Director from World Car Hyundai North responded on 05/22/2019

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent service visit. I am sorry you were not happy with the service visit. Being former Navy myself I can certainly appreciate businesses that honor our service members and personally want to thank you for your sacrifice to our country.

Having said that, I have no excuse to offer at this time. It is completely my fault and that is where the blame should be placed. My team depends on me to lead them. Ensuring our new hires are properly trained is one of the primary responsibilities for this role. I am sorry to have failed you.

All I can do is apologize and ask for an opportunity to make it right. Would you be willing to give me this chance? Please call me directly, at your convenience, or send an email to resolve this. We've already notated your account to prevent this from happening again. Thank you for your time.

james.mcardle@worldcar.com

James A.
02/27/2019 Category: Service
x
x
James M., Service Director from World Car Hyundai North responded on 02/27/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent service visit. I am very disappointed to hear we let you down. Our goal is to build long-term relationships with our guests and it seems we did not live up to our part in this instance.

We highly value your business and want to regain your trust. Please give me an opportunity to discuss this with you further. My contact information and working hours are listed below. Thank you for your time.

210-579-0159 office
james.mcardle@worldcar.com

Cibolo, TX
2015 Hyundai Elantra
01/17/2019 Category: Service
AVOID
The overall rating of over 4 stars that shows up on this website of World Car Hyundai North is an absolute JOKE. From unprofessional and incompetent staff, to absolutely ridiculous waiting times for straightforward services, to disgusting customer lounges, this place has it all. I recently went in for an oil change and waited for over an hour and came back to oil smeared on my dash, a gas smell in my car and my drivers seat completely rearranged. How does this make sense when you are literally driving the car 5 feet away into the garage? So unprofessional and aggravating.

This place does NOT value you as a customer and any customer service And friendliness that is offered by staff ends when they find out you aren’t giving away your money. Please compare other places for their rates before paying any dollar amount here because this place is notorious for ripping customers off. In all honesty, when you buy a car, you’re also buying an experience at the dealership for however long you continue to get your car serviced there. World Car Hyundai has proven time and time again that they don’t care about us as customers and it shows.
James M., Service Director from World Car Hyundai North responded on 01/18/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. Although I disagree with certain aspects of this assessment, I both appreciate and respect your right to voice such an opinion.

Your advisor should have followed-up with you on this visit within 48 hours to ensure your satisfaction was met; it appears we failed to do so. For that I am truly sorry. Being the new Service Manager I find this totally unacceptable.

To say that our rating is a joke is a little inaccurate, but I do understand your direct frustration. We certainly have room for improvement in several areas, but overall we have many customers who are happy to continue doing business with us.

I completely agree that our guest lounge is severely lacking in amenities. This is one area that needs immediate improvement. It is my goal to ensure this becomes a primary focus for our facility moving forward.

With respect to having an oil change completed in 20 minutes, this time frame is a little unrealistic. In my professional opinion and experience, it is impossible to perform a comprehensive multi-point inspection and complete an oil change in 20 minutes. A fully comprehensive inspection takes at least 10-15 minutes alone. I believe a more realistic time frame would be 35 minutes, under perfect conditions.

Please keep in mind we are not Jiffy Lube. Our goal is to provide this service in less than 1 hour, but there are often uncontrolled variables that impact this, such as an unexpected influx of walk-in customers (which are processed on a first come, first served basis).

We highly value all of our guests and hope to exceeds their expectations with every visit. Although we do not hit a home run all the time, we certainly desire for this to be the case. There will always be a chance for human error and it is my mission to reduce such instances to the best of our ability.

Your comment about this place being notorious for "ripping people off" seems rather unfounded. Your last visit was in June of 2017 and much has changed during this time. In my 6 weeks as the Service Manager we have made improvements that can be witnessed with recent reviews. Furthermore, many changes currently being made cannot be seen overnight and take time to come to fruition.

I would be more than happy to discuss this situation at length in an attempt to regain your trust and future business. Taking accountability for mistakes or shortcomings is absolutely vital to our long-term success; as is being transparent in general. We do not want to lose any of our guests for any reason whatsoever. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to explore this option.

Again, thank you for providing an honest assessment of your experience. I sincerely apologize that you are dissatisfied with our service. We will continue doing our best to make improvements and hope you choose to work with us again in the future. Thank you for your time.

P.S. If you want to bring your vehicle in to have any oil cleaned off from your dash we would be happy to correct this.

01/07/2019 Category: Service
basic oil change and they did it wrong, overfilled
James M., Service Director from World Car Hyundai North responded on 01/07/2019

Thank you for offering an honest assessment of your recent service visit. I completely agree that over filling the oil is unacceptable and no one should attempt to justify this as such. Having said that, mistakes do happen from time to time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and will use this as an opportunity for additional training. Again, thank you for taking the time to evaluate your experience. Please feel free to reach out if you want to discuss this further.