Mark L.
Mount Airy, MD
03/23/2020 Category: Service
Mark said that the staff is nice and courteous and they get the job done.

03/17/2020 Category: Service
Richard said the work was good, they got him on the road and everything seems to be fine. The service is good, Russell is good, honest and tries to get it done right. If he is having money problems, they are good about working with him on a payment plan.

AH
Aaron H.
Monrovia, MD
03/14/2020 Category: Service
Aaron said that they are smart, very informational, and reasonable. He will go here every time. He suggested anybody that has a diesel that needs fixed here is the place to go.

JEFF H.
Jefferson, MD
03/11/2020
great work
these guys will tell you up front what you need for your diesel truck. Just had my 6.0 in there and did a lot of work to it. Russell let me know what it needed and it was a lot, but I know it was in good hands. Got it back and had it for only 2 hours and had a little glich and XLR8 Diesel sent a tow truck for it and took it back to the shop and went to work on it too find out what was wrong. Just a small issue and a new radiator it will be back in service. These guy will take care of you and Russell is a man of his word.

KH
Kristina H.
03/03/2020
ripped off
Paid 6500 for them to replace my head gaskets and other parts related to that job. turns out parts they charged me for were never replaced. 7 months later heads are blown again. they said that they will replace them however why should i trust you to do the job again after finding out they didn't replace parts i already paid for the first time.

Matthew H.
03/03/2020
Crooks
These guy's are hacks! I bring my 06 lariat in for head gasket repair 8 months ago and the next day noticed this big dent in my cab! They then try and convince me that it was like that when I dropped it off! Well I let it go because I didn't want to be that guy even though I knew it wasn't there! I'd only had the truck2 months when I brought it to them.
Needless to say I had problems immediately going wrong with my truck after they worked on it!! It kept leaking coolant, I brought it back and they fixed the leaky hoses then a couple weeks later I was driving it and my degas bottle hose blew off because the hose clamp wasn't attached! I took it to another shop and the guy did a once over and said, did you take your truck to xlr8?
He's repaired their shitty work before!
He asked me if they did a blue SF spring conversion and I said yes but he asked because my fuel pressure was wrong showing that they hadn't and what they charged me I should have gotten the housing but still had my original factory housing! Then he show's me that they didn't put my exhaust manifolds on with a gasket but used a gasket in a tube! Looked like a 2yr old finger painted it on! Xlr8 still claims that ford recommends that as a proper way of attaching the manifolds even after I called a ford garage and spoke with their lead tech.
Well I'd been noticing that all familiar chalkyness around my coolant cap and I have it diagnosed again and low and behold blown head gaskets again!! After8 months!!!
I go back to the shop and they tell me that they are under new management and that they will fix it but not pay to have another shop fix it!!
I'd be a complete moron to have them monkeys work on my truck again!!
Then they send a warranty claim into their warranty department to get a warranty check and offer me 1800 out of 6500 as a consolation prize! We'll I'm no sucker because after doing a 1000 damage to my cab, charging me work that wasn't performed then doing shitty work and that's all your willing to offer!!
These guy's are crooks in every way and I wouldn't trust them to work on a freaking lawn mower!
If you have them do any work get all replaced parts back, take pictures of your truck before drop off and take to another shop after work is complete! My advice use a different shop!! I learned the hard way of using them unqualified hacks!!

Matthew H.
03/02/2020
Crooks
These guy's are crooks and do shitty work and to top it off the did a 1000 damage to my truck cab but that's not the worst they have unqualified tech's doing the work!! My head gaskets blew again8 months later!!!

KT
Kim T.
CLARKSBURG, MD
02/18/2020 Category: Service
Kim said the staff went over and above what was expected. The business was very effective and well-run, with fair prices. It was exceptional.

01/14/2020 Category: Service
Richard said they're the best and they always give him good deals. He said they do a good job and he likes them.

Allen S.
01/08/2020 Category: Service
Allen said this business is good. He knows the owner and knows he wouldn't steer him wrong. He had no problems, everything was done fast and quick and the atmosphere felt like warm woods.

HR
Heath R.
Mount Wolf, PA
12/18/2019 Category: Service
Heath said that it was great. The motor is much stronger now since they worked on it.

Robert C.
Frederick, MD
12/18/2019 Category: Service
Robert said everything about this business is good.

Josh W.
12/18/2019 Category: Service
Josh said the service was done in the proper amount of time, when it was supposed to. The price was a little high, but worth it.

GK
George K.
Frederick, MD
Chevrolet Pickup
11/25/2019 Category: Service
George said the staff at the business explained what they were going to do and did it. He said they didn't find any more complications and everything went well when he picked up the vehicle. He was very pleased with their professionalism and timeliness of getting his vehicle fixed.

11/15/2019 Category: Service
Richard said the staff have done their best to fix his vehicle. He said he likes the staff.