Action Towing & Service

David N. on 01/01/2017
"My Truck has been in your shop 3 times within a little over a month, and almost a thousand dollars later, my service engine light is still ON!"
Before I had my truck serviced at this place, my service engine light never turned on. After my first visit for car inspection and oil change, service engine light started to come on. Brought it back within a month to find out why I have a huge oil leak and service engine light, and seems all they did was reset my light. Next visit was after I broke down on the highway a couple weeks later, after being charged almost three times what a part actually costs, and over 800 dollars later, service engine light problem happened again! They reset it and now it is on all the time again! I am very unhappy being way overcharged for a part, and my truck not being all the way properly fixed!
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 12/30/2016
Review Created: 01/01/2017 11:53 AM
sharon C. on 10/27/2016
"Lack of communication and follow up"
This was not a great experience for a AAA approved garage.
Vehicle: Kia Sedona
Service Date: 10/26/2016
Review Created: 10/27/2016 03:19 AM
Nicksen S. on 08/27/2016
"Will never come back"
Unfortunately I will never use action towing again and will not recommend this place to anyone.

Went in for An oil change and state inspection. An hour and 15 minutes after dropping off, I get a call stating that my light brake is out (I checked all lights before heading into getting the inspection before heading into the appointment but trusted action towing and had them replace it). He also tells me my wheels are vibrating due to the rotating my tires... Had that fixed as well. Very skeptical since I was using a groupon I purchased but I trusted them. He then says the car will be done very shortly... I show up half an hour after getting off the phone and the receptionist said it will be done in 45 minutes. Decide to leave and come back.... Had to wait an hour more.

Again, I will never recommend Action Towing to anyone I know and will never return to your business.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 08/26/2016
Review Created: 08/27/2016 08:18 PM
LISA G. on 12/31/2015
"SUPER OVERCHARGED"
I WAS QUOTED AND CHARGED 575$ FOR AN ALTERNATOR. I TOLD THEM IT WAS THE ALTERNATOR AND THEY SAID I HAD TO PAY 30$ FOR A BATTERY/ STARTER TEST FIRST. THEN CHARGED ME OVER 300$ FOR A SUPPOSEDLY OEM PART WHEN ALTERNATORS FOR MY VEHICLE ARE 150 AND UNDER. I TOLD THEM I DIDN'T CARE IF IT WAS OEM, THEY REFUSED TO USE ANY OTHER PART. THEY CHARGED ME NEARLY TWO HOURS LABOR ON TOP OF THAT FOR A JOB THAT SHOULDN'T TAKE MORE THAN AN HOUR. MY 10% PROMISED DISCOUNT FOR BEING AN AAA MEMBER WAS 17$ ON A JOB COSTING ME 575$. I WILL BE TALKING TO AAA ABOUT THIS LOCATION (WHICH AAA HAD REFERRED ME TO) AND FILING A FORMAL COMPLAINT.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 12/29/2015
Review Created: 12/31/2015 08:58 AM
"Horrible service"
Used there groupon for what I thought was going to be a discounted oil change and inspection... only for the to fail my car and try have them try to sell me there products ( being tires) took it to my normal shop didn't mention my car being fail and It was passed with out anything being said about my tires...
Service Date: 05/01/2015
Review Created: 05/10/2015 11:54 AM
"Horrible service"
Lured me in with groupon For what I thought would have been a discounted inspection and oil change... only for the to fail my car and try to sell me there over priced products(being tires) took it to my normal shop... didn't tell them my car fail and was passed with out any issue being brought to my attention... would no recommend using
Service Date: 05/10/2015
Review Created: 05/10/2015 11:49 AM
Service Date: 05/01/2015
Review Created: 05/10/2015 11:48 AM
Lindsay L. on 01/19/2015
Lindsay said this business did not find what was wrong but she still had to pay $90. She would not recommend the business based on this.
Vehicle: Dodge Stratus
Category: Service
Service Date: 01/14/2015
Review Created: 01/19/2015
JILL S. on 09/24/2014
"Worst Experience Ever"
I had an appointment for an inspection and oil change at 10am, scheduled specifically to leave enough time for me to get to work at 1230pm. I dropped the vehicle off on time and was told it would take 90mins- 2hours to complete. I returned shortly after noon to find my car was in the exact same spot where I left it and it had not been touched. I went in, quite upset because I had a scheduled appointment and the front desk person made some lame excuse about only having 1 lift able to lift the car, but it was in use so they hadn't gotten to it yet, sorry, etc. I'm sorry but if you only have one lift for a certain type of vehicle, then please schedule accordingly. Furthermore, if you are running over 2 hours behind a scheduled appointment, PICK UP A PHONE AND CALL YOUR CUSTOMER. As a result, I was over an hour late for work.

I also suggest your front desk people learn to type, because the license plate listed for my vehicle in this email is incorrect as well.

My vehicle did not pass inspection at your facility but, oddly enough, did pass on re-inspection elsewhere. I was told very seriously at Action that both coil springs were cracked and it was a safety issue, however another shop was glad to show that just the plastic (or whatever) coating on ONE coil spring was cracked, not the spring itself.

Obviously, there were many issues with my experience, but after that, you couldn't pay me to recommend this place to anyone. I wish I could award negative stars.
Vehicle: Saturn Vue