Alternative Automotive

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0
JOHN S. on 06/09/2016
"My recent service"
Prius Summer Special- I paid $82.69. A week later you advertised it for $69.95. Could have told me there would be a Special in a week? Seems your prices are getting close to Toyota? However, I am a loyal customer and I don't like to shop or change.
Vehicle: Toyota Prius
Service Date: 06/02/2016
Review Created: 06/09/2016 08:07 AM
Steve R. at Alternative Automotive responded on 06/10/2016

Hi john.
Thank you for taking time to offer an honest review.

Thanks to you and all of our customers from all over San Diego. The volume of our products has increased, and we have used this increase to pressure our distributors to lower our prices.
We are now able to pass these savings on to you and everyone for all your service needs.

Remember It's not just pricing that seperates us from the dealer, it's individual attention and suprior service that drives us.

We would be Happy to offer you a credit for the differance on your next visit.

Have an awesome day and
may God Bless
Steven G Rabideau

KAY V. on 03/19/2016
"Prompt service"
Radiator replacement was prompt & loaner car offered. However, all the bolts surrounding the radiator cover were not replaced causing it to flap & vibrate loudly which was distressing on my 45 mile hey commute. Had to return the following day to have the work successfully completed.
Vehicle: Lexus RX 400h
Service Date: 03/07/2016
Review Created: 03/19/2016 08:39 AM
Ashley B. on 01/23/2016
Ashley said she took her vehicle to this business to have them figure out why her check engine light was on. They charged her double what she was quoted from comparable facilities and they charged her over $100 for a test that only took them a half hour to do. For the reasons stated, she would not recommend this business for service.
Vehicle: Toyota Camry
Category: Service
Service Date: 01/20/2016
Review Created: 01/23/2016
MATT T. on 04/03/2014
"quick turn around for easy service"
great alternative to dealership repairs shops.
Vehicle: Toyota Prius
Service Date: 03/20/2014
Review Created: 04/03/2014 10:57 AM
Steve R. at Alternative Automotive responded on 04/04/2014

Hi Matt,
I want to thank you for taking time to do our survey.
I appreciate you recommendation, and would like to know, how you feel we could improve our service.
Feel free to call me
Steven G. Rabideau  owner

Jacqueline S. on 05/29/2013
Jacqueline said the business tried to get her to pay for work on her vehicle she did not need. She would not recommend this business based on this experience.
Vehicle: Toyota Matrix
Category: Service
Service Date: 04/25/2013
Review Created: 05/29/2013
Steve R. at Alternative Automotive responded on 05/31/2013
Thank you for taking time to post your comment. We're sorry you feel that way.
ROBIN S. on 05/20/2013
"Local & prices"
Most of the time good customer service. Last time not so good....Went to pick up car and no one there in the middle of the day....
Vehicle: Lexus ES 330