Overall Rating 1.999998/5rating 1.999998rating 1.999998rating 1.999998rating 1.999998
AMI B. on 05/20/2017
"Oil change "
Nick is awesome. Always very nice and helpful. Had some issues with getting shuttle back to shop. Told them I needed to be back no later than 1130-12n. Shuttle finally came at 1245p. Other than that all was good
Vehicle: Chrysler Town & Country
Service Date: 05/18/2017
Review Created: 05/20/2017 07:06 AM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 05/30/2017

Ami,
Thank you for choosing Marty's Auto Works, we apologize for the delay with the shuttle, we really do try to make the process as smooth as possible.

Marty & Staff
MIKE P. ReScore Review on 01/16/2017
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Corrective Action Taken by Business Owner - CV Axle OK, Rear Brakes OK, Oil Change. Overfilled..."
This history is relevant:
I have been a customer of Marty DiSanto since he was a service manager for another auto repair company. He treated his customers very well then and I was a repeat customer. In 1996 Marty left that business to start his own. I stayed with that other business, but their new service manager was very, very difficult to work with. After being disappointed more than once, I searched for and found Marty at his new business Marty's Autoworks. I soon realized that it was Marty, not the previous business that provided the honesty I wanted. Marty was the one who was taking the time to explain what was broken, what had to be fixed now, what could wait in a way that I could understand. For more than 20 years I have been satisfied with him and his hand-picked employees' commitment to honesty and transparency when making automobile repairs.

Why I wrote the 3 out of 5 star review:
Because their overfilling of motor oil in my Toyota had happened before and overfilling has serious motor damage consequences, I was compelled to write a review pointing out the repeat problem.

What happened after I posted my three out of five star review:
Service Manager Nick called me and discussed the specifics. He took my review seriously. He offered my next oil change for free and offered a free inspection to see if other mechanical issues could be causing the [pooling] oil. Then I told Nick the oil overfill happened that last time they changed my oil. He became more concerned.
While I had him on the phone, I told him any time I've had them do any work that required putting air in my tires, they have been way-over filled.
> He said he'd investigate, check the equipment and make sure his technicians are following procedures.

On 12/06/2016, Nick called me and said:
+ All of the oil guns were tested and one was out of calibration.
+ That the “AllData” book they use to service automobiles has two listings for my 1987 Toyota Corolla. Once for each size of engine. BUT, the book's specifications for my smaller (3.5 quart) 1.6L engine has the same oil capacity as the larger engine (4.5 quart). The book is wrong. Nick concludes that the technician was following the specifications, causing an overfill situation. He is going to contact “AllData” to get them to correct their error.
+ Because of my air pressure complaint, Marty has ordered all new air chucks. They are top-of-the-line, with gauges in the handles.

This swift investigation and corrective action shows that Marty's Autoworks' commitment to the best automobile service is ongoing and solid. I am satisfied that the issues are resolved.
Service Date: 10/05/2016
Review Created: 12/05/2016 03:19 PM

"CV Axle OK, Rear Brakes OK, Oil Change.. Overfilled"
In the week following replacement of the CV axle, complete overhaul of the rear brakes and a motor oil/filter change, MORE than the usual amount of motor oil appeared on the garage floor, under my 29 year old car. So much so that I checked the oil dip stick. Rather than it finding it low from all the oil loss onto the floor, the oil was way over the full limit mark. 3/4 of an inch over the mark! Not wanting to loose the use of my car for another day, I put the car on some ramps I used to use when I was young enough to do my own basic maintenance. Then drained the oil some. Then put back the right amount (full mark on the dip stick).

I have no idea what damage was caused to the engine. Overfilled oil typically first causes damage to seals. But also can cause causes air pockets and less liquid oil to cool parts such as piston skirts. The foamed oil also sticks in place and doesn't drain back to the pan.

I've not yet had problems with the CV axle of the rear brakes.
Service Date: 10/05/2016
Review Created: 12/05/2016 03:19 PM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 12/13/2016

Sorry for this issue with your vehicle.  Per your conversation with us, we hope we have resolved the problem.

THANK YOU!!

Marty & Staff
Ian K. on 09/07/2016
Ian said it seems like every time he goes back with a another problem, he feels it should have been caught earlier. He stated they are friendly and pleasant, but he feels the problems should have been caught in one visit and he has been back quite a few times.
Vehicle: Mercury Mountaineer
Service Date: 08/30/2016
Review Created: 09/07/2016
Zach R. on 06/30/2016
Zach said he would recommend the business to others.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 06/27/2016
Review Created: 06/30/2016
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 07/18/2016

Thank you!!

BARRY K. on 02/25/2015
"Friday 2/20/15"
Second visit. Scheduled oil change. Had vehicle there 7:45 am. I assumed it was first come first served.Guess not.Done 4:30 PM. I should have asked when I made the appointment about the timeline. I had the day off, but had company coming late afternoon & also had a pick up at local airport. Saturday pick up of car not an option as I was not in the area.My advice is for just an oil change to take vehicle a quick lube place if time is issue. I think they are good at Marty's and deserve their reputation. But I probably will go elsewhere for the non-repair type service. I was hoping vehicle would have been completed by noon-ish because of my hectic early evening commitments.
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Service Date: 02/20/2015
Review Created: 02/25/2015 02:09 AM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 03/02/2015

We are so sorry for the inconvenience we caused you.  We have reached out to this customer and assured him we take great pride in always providing our  customers with the absolute best customer service and he has agreed to give us another try.  Thanks again for accepting our apology and we look forward to servicing your vehicles in the future.
Marty

Jay J. on 02/24/2015
Jay said he feels this business charged him too much for the service. He was told that it would be a couple hundred dollars but it ended up being over $400. He knew of one belt that needed to be replaced but this business replaced three without his approval. He stated that he feels a dealership would not have handled everything the way they did. He would not recommend this business to others for the reasons mentioned.
Vehicle: Nissan Frontier
Service Date: 02/18/2015
Review Created: 02/24/2015
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 03/02/2015

We have reached out to this  customer and after discussing the issues in detail with Marty he has agreed to re-review us.
It is very very important to us that our customers are HAPPY...we go above and beyond to have make sure our customers know we care.
Thank you so much for allowing us to EARN your trust.
Marty DiSanto, owner

Rob C. on 01/20/2015
Spoke with Renee. She said this business had her vehicle ready two days after the promise date because they ran out of time to get it done.
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz ML430
Service Date: 01/12/2015
Review Created: 01/20/2015
TIM D. on 06/01/2014
"Didn't recommend water pump with timing chain replacement"
All in all, they fixed my car correctly which is better than other mechanics could do.

The reason for not having a higher rating is due to the fact that they didn't recommend that I replace my water pump when they were working on the timing chain. That is a big deal to me because any back yard diy machanic knows that both should be done anytime the labor is required to work on one of them.

Also, after they gave me back my truck, the radiator shroud came partially loose. Marty's promptly fixed it the next day. I inspected their work and found that instead of fixing the shroud properly, they used a zip tie to hold it out of the way of the fan. I called Marty to ask him if zip ties were their go to, he said to bring it back in and they'll fix it right the second time.

This all took almost two weeks.

That being said, Marty's has great customer service and both Marty and all his crew are a very approachable and friendly.
Vehicle: Nissan Xterra
Service Date: 05/15/2014
Review Created: 06/01/2014 06:28 PM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 06/05/2014

Marty has reached out ot Mr. Darms explained the situation to him and for this inconvenience has offered him a FREE Oil Change and a FREE Car Wash too.  We take our customer's satisfaction very seriously here at Marty's Auto Works and truly care when we have not made our customers completely happy with the service they received.  Thank you Mr. Darns and we hope you will continue to allow us to service your vehicle.
Martin DiSanto, owner

Bill R. on 04/03/2014
Bill said he had to go back to the business twice to get the problem fixed.
Vehicle: Nissan Murano
Service Date: 03/12/2014
Review Created: 04/03/2014
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 04/16/2014

Dear Mr. Rice,
We apologize that you had to bring your vehicle in more than one time in order to get the problem fixed however, as we had discussed, in order to make this a VERY affordable repair an "after market" (gear only) replacement part was used instead of the complete seat track assembly. The after market part was slightly different and corrected one problem but created the seat memory to not work properly.   Therefore, a second trip was needed to address this new concern.  After diagnosing this new issue, the magnetic sensor was transferred from the old stripped gear onto the new gear which corrected the seat memory problem.  This repair took a bit longer but saved MANY dollars.
Thanks again for choosing Marty's Auto Works and we hope to continue to save you money in the future!   Sincerely, Marty DiSanto, owner

EDMUND M. on 11/07/2013
"For other services it has been good but this one nothing was found and two days later the light came back on"
My check engine light came back on 2 days after it left your shop do not have money for another diognostic of engine check light
Service Date: 10/30/2013
Review Created: 11/07/2013 05:49 PM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 11/12/2013

Edmund brought the car to us because his check engine light was on.  We hooked his vehicle up to our scanner and pin point test showed all components related were functioning properly.  Codes were cleared and did not reset on extensive road test.  We INFORMED  Edmund that the check engine light would likely return which it did 2 days later.  We asked Edmund to return the vehicle to our  shop for re-elvatuation at no charge.   Edmund was understanding because we HAD explained this situation up front.

GREG F. ReScore Review on 10/23/2013
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"Thanks"
I really appreciated Marty personally calling me after the problems from my last service. They stepped up and took care of the problem. I'll definitely keep bringing my vehicles to Marty's Auto for all my service needs.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 10/04/2013
Review Created: 10/10/2013 08:07 AM

"couple of issues"
I usually have no problems with Marty's Auto but on my last visit, I specifically asked them to call me on my cell phone...not my home phone (they have both) when they had an estimate. They called my home instead which resulted in delaying the work that needed to be done.
The also forgot to grease the new ball joints that they installed.
Vehicle: Ford Explorer
Service Date: 10/04/2013
Review Created: 10/10/2013 08:07 AM
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 10/19/2013

After reviewing the entire situation,  we realized that a lot of the  delay in delivering Mr. Fetcher's  vehicle was due to poor communication with the sublet alignment shop.  We have contacted Mr. Fetcher and apologized for this inconvenience and offered compensation.   He has agreed that this was an uncommon occurance at Marty's Auto Works and the he has always received excellent service in the past.

Scot L. on 10/08/2012
Spoke with Debbie. She said she had to take her vehicle back to the business because the day after she got her vehicle back the check engine light came.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 10/05/2012
Review Created: 10/08/2012
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 06/11/2013
Please know that this happens sometimes and we just have to reset the computer. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Dawn T. on 06/18/2012
Dawn said it took the business a day and a half to replace her tires without a tire rotation. She was told a worker from a different location stopped by to fill in for someone and there was no communication. She chose not to elaborate further.
Vehicle: Infiniti G20
Service Date: 06/14/2012
Review Created: 06/18/2012
Marty D., Owner at Marty's Auto Works responded on 06/11/2013
I apologize for this mistake. We had an emergency come up that was simply beyond our control so things kinda fell through the cracks. We are truly sorry for your troubles with this repair.