Daniel S. on 06/06/2016
Daniel said they are very unreliable and kept his vehicle for a whole week. They had to order the parts and are overpriced. There is no communication and he had to keep calling them. They kept telling him the vehicle would be done the next day until it became a week. He was given a price of $2,500 but he paid $2,800. He also had another issue where they broke the key and they told him it was free but somehow ended up paying for the key.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Category: Service
Service Date: 06/03/2016
Review Created: 06/06/2016
DON V. on 02/11/2016
"missed the chance"
Have done all service since new at this service was early as always before open had the service done but as I have every time instead of just taking the free scheduled maintenance had the trans and oil replaced. always ok with the cost but this time the filter wrench and filter busted because it was to tight when put on at last service so I had to Waite for the special wrench from Toyota to come. after four hours it was done and I paid. I drive over an hour to have service and the smell of trans fluid was really strong. got home and checked to find both oil and trans fluid over everything even were you open the hood so now I'm jacking the car and cleaning fluid. don't see a leak now so oil since they broke the filter I could understand but the trans fluid on top means it was spilled and just left. not happy this time the missed chance would have been a discount for the extra time waited and the mess I had to clean when handed the Bill that would have went a long way and this would have prevented me from considering work elsewhere since this is how your doing things these days.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 02/10/2016
Review Created: 02/11/2016 09:00 AM
Larry P. at Magic Mechanic Inc. responded on 02/11/2016

Hello Don,  The oil change service with a 47 point inspection takes around 45 minutes to 1 hour to perform. The transmission service takes about 45 minutes to do and The 35,000 mile service inspection shows 1 hour to perform. We performed these other services while waiting for the oil filter housing to show up which is only available from the  dealer, There is  not a after market one available. These are only made out of plastic and can only be removed and installed so many times. We did not charge you for the housing($45.88+tax) and did not charge for 35k inspection 1 hour ($104.00) which the dealer and most places would charge for. There is the  savings by coming to us. We have had a deep conversation with the employee about not cleaning up after him self. Sorry about the inconvenience.

LARRY G. on 01/16/2015
"Subaru Outback Wheel Bearing Assembly"
I would be interested in seeing the invoice for the wheel bearing you procured for this repair. I doubt the bearing came from Subaru and the cost at many part depots is less than $100. Even if you got the bearing from Subaru, if you had my interest at heart you would have sourced a bearing that was more reasonably priced. Honestly, I do not think you acted in good faith.
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 01/09/2015
Review Created: 01/16/2015 09:45 PM
Larry P. at Magic Mechanic Inc. responded on 01/19/2015

Hello Larry,
 We replaced the hub and bearing assembly not just the wheel bearing the dealer wanted $265.95 for the part and did not have in stock at the time. The part we used has a nation wide warranty  at any Napa Auto Care in the U.S.. There are different qualities in wheel bearings. We only use the best quality wheel bearings to get the same life out of the bearing has you have gotten before. After all the wheel bolts to it and your life depends on it . Thanks Larry

joe c. on 01/10/2015
"Appointment"
I received an email telling it was time for service in my vehicle and that I should make an appointment. I did so. for 7:30 in the morning. I even included the type of service I wanted, an oil change.
I got a reply that said I had an "appointment " for 7:30 on the morning specified. When I arrived I was told they didn't have morning appointments. So, three hours later I finally got my oil change.
Please fix your online system. It is very misleading.
Vehicle: Lexus LS 430
Service Date: 01/09/2015
Review Created: 01/10/2015 05:35 PM
JD R. at Magic Mechanic Inc. responded on 01/12/2015

Were so sorry this happend" when an on line appontment is made" the web service sends the request to JD or myself for varification before confirming it with a customer" In this case it did not" and simply confirmed your apponitment and as you seen the morning you arrived we were covered up" And Chris explained it would be a little while before we could get to your car and you decided to wait" Reguardless it wasnt your fault it was ours, So you know we do not normally take morning appointments because of this very reason the AM's are first come first serve and can be very busy" so we make afternoon appointments so noone is in front of you" Next time you need an appointment go to magicmechanic.com or give us a call" Print this response and bring it with you during your next Amsoil lube service and I'll take care of it for 50% off for you trouble" We also wish you luck with your new Corvette"
Larry